[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

JCW character is described as "A mysterious errand boy/messenger character who leaves no traces behind. He dreams of living a life of luxury alone on a deserted island in the South Pacific, but grows up to become a zany reporter on the hunt for the truth to a past case. His mysterious character, who goes by the code name “Healer”, possesses excellent fighting skills, intuition, and is armed with smart gadgets which he uses to accomplish his tasks."
After reading the description of the other male lead Yoo Ji Tae, I think JCW character sounds more fun. He is such a weirdo, haha...Who wants to have a luxury life alone in a deserted island? Usually prisoners get exiled to deserted island, but not rich people  :)) :))  :))  . Also if his code name is "Healer", and the working title of the drama is "Healer", so I think his role is quite important. What kind of reporter that has excellent fighting skills like a ninja? It really makes me curious and want to know more about the drama. 
Writer Song Ji Na is a talented writer. Not all her works are hit dramas (because script writing is just a part of a drama production), but I think she has the ability to create good plots and fascinating storyline.I really can't wait!! 

Yay new thread!  Thanks to @kanyaprasetyo for starting the ball rolling!  I loved loved loved "Sandglass" and "Beethoven Virus" so I'm extremely excited for Song Ji-na's involvement in this production.  (And Wookie's too, but that goes without saying. :X )

So by my rough calculations, if "Trot Lovers" goes its scheduled 16 episodes (and not extended), and then "Discovery of Love" goes its scheduled 16 episodes (and not extended), and "Cantabile Romance" goes another 16 episodes (and not extended), then "Healer" should premiere at the earliest on 8 December 2014.  Happy Early Christmas TO US!!!  <:-P

Article on koala's playground:
http://koalasplayground.com/2014/08/04/kbs-in-lurch-with-iron-man-lead-in-joseon-gunman-extended-2-episodes-and-follow-up-healer-complete-main-cast/

Lots of confusion and madness on KBS. [-( [-(
I actually one who don't understand why KBS put Healer on December when it has 3 main leads already, while Iron Man and King's Face haven't yet confirmed their cast. :-? :-?
Anyway it's better for a drama to have long preparation so the production won't be rushed

Guest Geumchi

I'm glad Ji Chang Wook will have another drama this year.. But this feels like City Hunter II.
Seriously, Is Park Min Young confirmed to this drama? I don't know why but I can't seem to like her. Except for Sungkyungkwan, I can't watch any of her drama. Like Shin Se Kyung and Jin Se Yeon, there's something about he rthat makes me not watch the drama even though I love the leading man.
But still, I'll give this drama a try since I want to see the charismatic Ji Chang Wook.. lol...

@aeterna009 I believe PMY is better actress than Jin Se Yeon and Shin Se Kyung. I have watched all 3 actresses at least on 2 different shows. JSY and SSK have limited facial expressions but at least PMY can act and makes some improvements. I also watch her last drama, A New Leaf and she's likeable.

@nploan what Korean drama doesn't involve love triangle? I can't remember any Kdrama that doesn't feature love triangle/square 8-} 8-}

• Like 1

Hi everyone, nice to see some familiar soompi names here. Thanks @kanyaprasetyo for starting this thread. The more I read about this drama, the more excited I am about it. The writer and production team sound solid. The plot sounds interesting and different. The character descriptions sounds intriguing. Yoo Ji Tae’s performance in Old Boy was chilling for me and of course Ji Chang Wook was amazing as Ta Hwan in Empress Ki. As for Park Min Young, it’s wait and see. Her character description is short, I hope she is not “a bit of fluff” to borrow a metaphor from the collective vocabulary of our favourite EK translator. Based on past performances and the calibre of two male leads, they could dominate the story which may not be a bad thing. Though if all three characters are strong that would be awesome too. I admit I am anxiously awaiting the return of JCW to a drama as well. Looking forward to December.

@kanyaprasetyo, what I was trying to say is the unexpected love triangle which is similar to what we saw in the drama Secret Garden. Haha... :))

5ags9t.jpg

I'm just joking.  ;)) =)) ;)
Anyway, I look at Yoo Ji Tae's filmography, and one of his past movies is "Secret Love". JCW also had a mini drama called "Secret Love". What a coincidence.  :-B
Is there any further info for Park Min Young character? All I know so far is that she is an Internet reporter. /:)

Park Min Young has officially accepted the role!
Her character is Chae Young Shin, who bears the pain of being abandoned by her foster parents as a child. She is an entertainment reporter for an online news site and dreams of being a famous, excellent and legendary reporter like Oriana Fallaci. There is apparently a crazy side to her, and although she has the heart of an A-class reporter, she is always treated like a B-class reporter instead.

Also added some little details http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2014/08/04/breaking-news-ji-chang-wook-drama-role-in-healer-confirmed/

Thanks @daegorr for quick translation. I couldn't imagine what kind of  messenger of the 22nd century who is armed with cutting edge equipment.  @-) That sounds like a CIA agent on a mission while being in disguise.  :))  
So based on wikipedia, the drama has 20 episodes. This is the first time I feel 20 episode drama is too short.  :>

News from the grapevine...
Looks like Healer was moved to a Mon-Tues timeslot to avoid clashing with SBS' "Pinocchio", which is also a drama about reporters.Pinocchio is due to air in November in the Wed-Thurs timeslot, and is about a group of reporters with various personalities working together in the same department and a story about youths seeking for the truth. One of the reporters is a son of a chaebol and a ssasaeng fan, while another is a female reporter who cannot tell lies and has a "pinocchio syndrome", meaning she gets hiccups whenever she tells lies. The drama is written and directed by the writer and PD of "I Hear Your Voice", and Kim Woo Bin was previously offered a role in the drama. This was reported back in July (http://article.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=15272268&ctg=1502).
Hence, if KBS had stuck to its original plan to air Healer on Wed-Thurs, the show would be in direct competition with this SBS drama with similar content. I'm still kind of worried though because audiences might get sick of having to watch two shows about news reporters even though both shows are airing on different days of the week, and Healer will only be starting after Pinocchio...
But, ehem ehem, I still think Healer sounds more interesting and mysterious.  

Based on wiki, Pinocchio is a melodrama. 'Healer' is a rom-com, thriller which is more interesting.  :)>-The other drama will be aired first, but until now there is little info about the cast while 'Healer' seems more ready and well-prepared. Another thing that strikes me! Actor Yoo Ji Tae just has a new-born son. Guess when he was born? July 5th 2014. That was when JCW celebrated his birthday. What a coincidence, again!!!!!!   @-)  Both Yoo Ji Tae and Ji Chang Wook graduated from Danook University with major in Theater and Film. I won't be surprised if the first thing JCW wants to tell YJT:  "We're from the same university".  =))Why do I have a feeling that YJT is a male version of Ha Ji Won? I think JCW and YJT will work well together. :)>-

@nploan JCW's first strike-up convo:
JCW: "Hyung, we're from same university."
YJT: "oh really?? Good then."
JCW:................ (left confused)
=)) =))

Anyone ship these two? Or anyone ready to ship Ji Chang Wook/Yoo Ji Tae with Park Min Young? ;)) ;))

Let me tell that PMY that was recently in A New Leaf was the one that gave the humor part in the drama, I liked her there. So I'm excited to see her again since her previous drama was a little bit confusing with me since I don't know much about the law systems. I've watched most of her dramas too. :-*

I think we should marathon and catch up with our leads' projects. Shall we?
First is Yoo Ji Tae's. His resume is impressive and he's not only a good actor but also critically-acclaimed director. His movie, Mai Ratima, even won several awards.

Movies

Drama Series

Director

credit: asianwiki

Not as many as Yoo Ji Tae, but Ji Chang Wook has built steady, solid resume under his belt, appearing in movies, dramas, and musicals. His last project is hit drama Empress Ki.
Ji Chang Wook's projects:

Movies

Drama Series

Musicals:
Thrill Me (2010)
The Days (2013)
Brothers Were Brave (2013)
Jack The Ripper (2013)

credit: asianwiki