[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

Don't break my heart @Kanyaprasetyo !  :-w
It's true that it is still too early to have any further news about 'Healer'. However, based on KimJongHak productions' notice, the drama will be aired on Dec 8th 2014. Link: http://kjhpro.com/?p=1599

:)>-

@nploan you can switch agency to JiYoung couple any time, detective ;)) ;))
I just try to make this thread active before drama airing. If it's quiet for too long am afraid someone will need to defrost this thread *side-eyes @soojun :-@ :-@

Thanks for the link.
Can't wait for Dec 8th \:D/ \:D/

Healer fighting!!

I'm trying to dig the news for 'Healer', and there is a new article published on Aug 18th:  http://daily.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/201408/dh20140818082649139030.htm  [ It's in Korean, and it just introduces a bit about 'Healer'. I wonder if Yoo Ji Tae needs to diet and be trained in martial arts too. They didn't report much about PMY or JYT, and if they need to do anything to prepare for the drama like JCW. ]

I guess drama 'Healer' is probably high budget. Most of Song Ji Na's dramas produced by KimJongHak productions were invested very well, and usually it took a long time to complete. For example,  'Eyes of Dawn' took 2 years and 4 months to  complete and costs 7.2 billion won in 1992, and the recent Newsen article said it will be rebroadcast on MBC in this August soon.  On Wikipedia, it's said Eyes of Dawn and Sandglass were so phenomenally popular that while they were airing, streets were reportedly deserted because people were in their homes watching'The Legend' and 'Faith' are also costly to produce. Her drama 'The Slingshot' won the "Best Drama Series" at Seoul International Awards 2009 even though its rating was just about 8% on average (it had the same timeslot with the hit drama 'Queen SeonDeok'). The more I learn about writer Song's past projects, the more excited I feel for her next drama, 'Healer'. We cannot predict the viewership rating, but I think this writer can make a very excellent script :)>-  . I just hope when 'Healer' is on air, the streets will be deserted because people stay at home to watch it  ;)) 8-> . It's ok to daydream and hope for the best, right? :>
 Also, I think Ji Chang Wook and KBS have good fate with each other. His past dramas, 'Smile DongHae' and 'My Too Perfect Sons' (KBS) all have high ratings. Maybe the history will repeat.  :)>-
I'm so anticipating this drama!!!! 

daegorr said: New casting update!

Actress Do Ji Won in talks to join Healer!
Do Ji Won acted with Ji Chang Wook 4 years ago in the hugely popular daily drama "Smile Donghae". She has been offered the role of "an important character closely related to the leads" (probably playing his mother again?). She is still considering and her appearance hasn't been confirmed.
Sources:Star NewsNewsen

@jeenee

Well, it's u maybe who miss his/her snot =)) =))

@nploan I think I never watch Song Jina's dramas. I only watch few snippets of Faith. But Eyes of Dawn and Sandglass definitely were hits in Korea. The ratings were about 60-70% and it's true that the streets are so quiet during Sandglass airing :)) :)) (I get this reference from watching AGD and reading DB). Since dramas with rating over 50% are nowhere to be found nowadays (sometimes KBS weekend dramas, but it's because on weekend), I'll be glad if Healer can reach 15-20% ratings.
O:-) O:-)

Could these possibly be first shots from Hong Kong promotional filmings?  (courtesy of JCW's staff)  EDIT:  Nope, false alarm.  But there will be overseas shooting for "Healer"... just not on this trip.  Mianhaeyo.

10593340_292438950928663_1587105535_n_zp
(Credit:  rs7114 Instagram)

Guest blossomnagr

@kanyaprasetyo, yes, I do hope to see her on RM one day. Hopefully, it will be soon. 

I was surprised to find out that both of them were in HK recently. I think Min Young is still there. I also noticed that PMY visits HK quite often but most of the time due to work be it photo shoot, some event, fan meeting or whatever. Lets see what is the reason this time. 

@nploan Yes, Park Min Young has had very good works on KBS as well such as I am Sam, Hometown of Legends, Glory Jane and Sungkyunkwan Scandal for each of which she received the award either Best Newcomer Award , Excellence Award, Netizen's Award and/or best couple award as well as many other nominations.  in 2012 Sungyunkwan Scandal won Bronze World Medal for best Miniseries in 55th New York Festivals International Television & Film Awards. Also, Glory Jane had high ratings the hit was over 21%., So I do hope that this work of her on KBS will be successful as well. 

Guest blossomnagr

Interesting what will be Ji Chang Wook's first impression of Park Min Young?! ...

On the August 16th broadcast, Seo In Guk revealed his first impression of Park Min Young on the set of their photo shoot for outdoor apparel brand ISENBERG on Entertainment Weekly.  
Seo In Guk
"To be honest, she is an actress so it was difficult [to approach her]. But even when I make small jokes, she smiles and laughs so well so when I filmed with her, it was very comfortable. Since she is so beautiful, it was difficult [to approach her]."  He also chose Park Min Young's height as one her charms which got the actress curious and he later explained, "I watched 'City Hunter'. When I watched it, she was in fitted formal wear so I thought she was tall. But upon meeting her in person, I felt like I wanted to hug her [because of her petite frame]." 
Haha that's so sweet  
:-*
Please do share stories or news that might help us to get acquainted with the rest of the cast. Will be glad to read.  :)>-

Guest uctqepe

so Puppy were taking selfie with PMY... Hmmm... i want to see the picture... Puppy didnt put anything yet on his IG, let's hope PMY will publish in her account  ;)) ;)
OH but where is oppa YJT?? :-/ 

@blossomnagr what kind or news and stories do you want? :D JCW fans usually love to speculate and imagining things =))
Is it true that the girl in white is PMY? The pic is taken from quite far distance, it's night and I can't see it clearly. But if it's true, then good for them to meet each other.
There's also short video about HK shootings but u can only catch glimpse of JCW (he's wearing yellow)
Link

Cr: rs7114 IG

to spice up this thread a little bit:
-I just realize PMY is a year older than JCW, I thought she's the same age, but apparently she's noona to him. Well, JCW usually works well with older women and his female leads sometimes older than him :> :>
-She's from Dongguk Univ while JCW from Dankook univ so JCW won't strike up the first convo with his famous line =)) =))
-Her first CF is SK telecom in 2005, same as JCW SK Telecom 2008.

Hmm, thoughts anyone? ~O) ~O)

Guest blossomnagr

kanyaprasetyo said: @blossomnagr what kind or news and stories do you want? :D JCW fans usually love to speculate and imagining things =))
Is it true that the girl in white is PMY? The pic is taken from quite far distance, it's night and I can't see it clearly. But if it's true, then good for them to meet each other.
There's also short video about HK shootings but u can only catch glimpse of JCW (he's wearing yellow)
Link

Cr: rs7114 IG

to spice up this thread a little bit:
-I just realize PMY is a year older than JCW, I thought she's the same age, but apparently she's noona to him. Well, JCW usually works well with older women and his female leads sometimes older than him :> :>

Hmm, thoughts anyone? ~O) ~O)

@blossomnagr
You can read his interview here:
http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2014/07/26/interview-the-celebrity-march-2014-issue-one-night-meeting-with-ji-chang-wook/
and other interviews on that site too...

Well, JCW as I know is humble, thoughtful guy, but he's also goofy, cheerful and very funny. Like most actors I know, he's shy and introvert to strangers but once he knows more about that person he will start joking around. You could see it in his drama BTS. He likes sports n video games like every ordinary man. Basically he's quite ordinary in real life but extraordinary in acting. :x :x

You should share about PMY too to us ;))

Guest blossomnagr

@kanyaprasetyo thank you for sharing the article! Such a great one that gives so much understanding about JCW personality. I know that one article isn't enough to have a complete picture but I should note that it is well summarized. And one can find out a lot about him. The part I like the best is ( I have to quote)
 "No matter how much you immerse yourself in the character, you are simply not that same character in reality. It’s not so much of not being able to understand the character itself, but there are also instances where I cannot understand the character’s situation. But trying your best to understand the situation is a special professional requirement that an actor should have."

Regarding Park Min Young, she likes reading and her hobby is horseback riding. About job she says in her recent interview for "K WAVE" magazine August 2014 issue "I am a perfectionist especially when it comes to my profession. But, I pay great attention so that my 'actress side' does not suffocate the '29 year-old side' of me.Therefore, I usually read a lot and write a lot.I know that I will never be happy with whatever I do, once I lose the sense of who I am." (my favourite part). Also it is important for her to like what she is doing. in her interview for "10 Asia" in 2011 she says " Right now I'm the happiest when I am acting but I may be passing by a gallery one day and decide that I'm meant to be an artist. I'd feel sorry for myself if I had to press that desire down and pursue acting which I like second-best."

Many producers and critics praise her for vocabulary/clear & understandable talking ability for audience. Even though she studied in the US and knows English in advance level, she still has a good pronunciation and punctuation in Korean. Moreover, she likes travelling. Her favourite city is Paris because it is rich to historical sightseeing, art and museums.
 Here is short recent video while she was in Paris and Swiss, July, 2014 This is CF for SK Telecom T membership Global

and second for K WAVE cover Story. Also short one, Aug, 2014

Guest uctqepe

Awwww... thanks @blossomnagr for telling us about PMY.. I think she's a smart lady :x 
and also thanks @daegorr for YJT update..I really want to watch that movie!! I got a feeling that i'll be fangirling over this oppa ;)
Oh my ship is sailing, alright =)) =)) @namyo @kanyaprasetyo