[Drama 2014] Secret Door 비밀의 문

Guest maea18

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Block B will release the OST? Well, that explain why my friend who is big Block B fan asks me about this drama. LOL :P

Thanks @nancykimlee @kaeruchan and @liddi for great insight even before the drama starts

@ucieh don't worry. I'm sure the majority of int'l viewers also not familiar with Korean history. We can all learn by watching. I also not familiar with Yeongjo, but more familiar with Jeongjo but I'm fascinated by the story here :)

Whoa. Nance, I did not think of that possibility but then I went to the site and saw what you're referring to and how @kaeruchan also confirms those suspicions, that'd be a great twist!

@liddi Nance linked the character descriptions page in her post. The SBS site is weird but you can click through the profiles and see their year of birth and ages. First part is the main cast then it's people around Sado when you press > to go to the next part and so forth. Hope that makes sense.

It's seriously been so fun reading and discussing this drama and it hasn't even aired yet! :)

@ucieh welcome! Many are not familiar with the time period and writings but there are some that are and are discussing it and sometimes in spoilers if you're interested. I feel like I'm brushing up on my Korean history through this drama but I trust that the writers will convey the story and context in the drama without the viewers having prior knowledge so don't worry. :)

chenderella said: @valsava +1 from me for Bleak Night! After Nance's rec awhile back, I too checked it out and became a fan of not just Lee Je Hoon but the other two too. Good solid acting and that premise was just chillingly good. Where did you see Paparotti with subs @irlight? Can you PM me a link bc I've been looking. Thank you!

I'm enjoying reading these insightful comments and happy to be in good company as we await the first ep. You guys are great and sometimes I feel torn between the three buttons because I want to hit it all.

On a totally superficial note, I hope for some romance between Sado and the princess to balance some of the tears and heartache. :)

Guest kaeruchan

@liddi

About the characters...those who have been introduced or have their description updated might have connections to the events happening early into the story. I believe as the plot moves forward, we will be introduced to the other characters. They are probably in the middle of casting those characters so that explains the delay. Anyhow, I'm excited to see the women in Yeongjo's life...but according to the description, the current timeline will start in the year 1754 so Queen Jeongsun, Yeongjo's first queen, and Queen Inwon, Yeongjo's stepmother would still be alive at that time. So we might get to see glimpses of them..

@jjsjang Glad to know that I'm not the only one who think SBS website is seriously confusing and it's not user-friendly :-/ I just found out that it requires registration for live streaming, unlike what it used to be. *sigh*

I'm really enjoying the discussion we have here :D Hugs to all of you, even to the lurkers! Hopefully more will join us in the future. Don't worry, we don't bite ;)

The following article discusses various source articles about sageuk drama, and have some material about Secret Door. 

One of the points it makes, is give an explanation why Yeongjo was so livid with Sado for his relationship with Ping-ae

sa1.jpg?w=624

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 1.571428571rem; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; line-height: 1.2; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: 'Open Sans', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"An Outsider’s Thoughts on Sageuk

Read the article on The Talking Cupboard.

@jjsjang, @kaeruchan, @nancykimleeI finally figured out where the character profiles are on SBS website (after blindly clicking around!) so I do see the timeline now... thank you! Can't really understand the detailed character descriptions - Google translate makes for highly entertaining, but not necessarily illuminating reading! For the umpteenth time since I first started watching kdramas, I wish I understood and read Korean... do you think it's too late to ask for lessons from Lee Do? In any case, I'll stop speculating and let the drama speak for itself. 19.5 hours to go!
@kanyaprasetyoYou're too kind... I don't really know much save for what I read, and everything that has been shared on this site by all the wonderful posters here. Just so happy to be able to spazz with everyone and share the excitement about this drama :)
@irilightAgreed about the drama possibly delivering a milder or off-camera depiction of the madness. Just had a quick look at the articles on the movie version, and the title itself "Sado:Memory of the Eight Days" seem to imply that it will be seen through Sado's memories while being locked up in the chest, so it would appear to be much more graphic. Disturbing material either way... but one that I trust will be tastefully done, both in the drama and the film.

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 600; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Block B to Release a Fusion Hip-Hop Track for “Secret Door” Soundtrack

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"block-b-800x450.jpg

Boy group Block B will be releasing a fusion hip-hop track for upcoming historical drama “Secret Door.”

A representative of the drama released that “Block B will contribute to the part one of ‘Secret Door’ OST to help the suspense of the story development in the drama.”

Block B’s soundtrack single for “Secret Door” will be a fusion hip-hop track with majestic string arrangements and a mix of traditional sounds. Block B member P.O has paid special attention to the song, contributing to the lyrics of the song.

The score for the soundtrack of “Secret Door” will be produced by famous film soundtrack composer Mowg, known for works on movies like “The Fatal Encounter,” “Hwayi,” and “The Masquerade.”

“Secret Door” starts airing today on SBS.

secret-door-ost.jpg

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"
블락비 Block B - 비밀의문 Secret Door Official Teaser

Source: Soompi

hi @irilight , you're welcome.. but i don't want to take the credit by myself in updating the first page.. uhm you see, i've busy this past few days and i don't have time to go online 'cos i've been looking for a job.. and someone updated the first page anonymously so i also want to truly thank that someone who updated it in my place..  ;;)

Guest chenderella

maea18 said: hi @irilight , you're welcome.. but i don't want to take the credit by myself in updating the first page.. uhm you see, i've busy this past few days and i don't have time to go online 'cos i've been looking for a job.. and someone updated the first page anonymously so i also want to truly thank that someone who updated it in my place..  ;;)

itemprop="name" class="entry-title" style="margin: 10px 0px 7px; font-family: 'Roboto Condensed', sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 37px; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 30px; word-wrap: break-word; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee Je Hoon show his princely poise in ‘Secret Door’48061-262503.jpg

48061-262502.jpg

The production team for upcoming SBS TV Mon-Tue drama ‘Secret Door,’ has today released new photos of actor Lee Je Hoon who plays the role of Crown Prince Sado.

Lee Je Hoon is set to show his princely poise in his role as Crown Prince Sado in ‘Secret Door,’ and many are already looking forward to seeing his performance in his small screen comeback piece after a two year hiatus.

To reprise his role as Crown Prince Sado who is the master of the pen and sword, Lee Je Hoon specially took up archery lessons which he felt was a must. In the photos, Lee Je Hoon demonstrated his princely poise with his superb aura and good looks, as he showed incredible concentration in shooting the arrows, with no flinching in his eyes, and grabbing the situation by the scruff of its neck.

Lee Je Hoon will be acting out the life of Lee Sun which was full of ups and downs, before ultimately resulting in an untimely tragedy. In recently released teaser videos and photos, Lee Je Hoon completely immersed himself into his role as Lee Sun, and drew much attention.

48061-262504.jpg
48061-262500.jpg

The actor specially took up lesson in horse riding, sword fighting, archery, and more for his role as the refined master of pen and sword. In order to give a vivid portrayal of a well-known historical figure, Lee Je Hoon was said to have done a lot of research on his character’s personality, while rehearsing his lines from the script over and over again.

‘Secret Door’ is a reinterpretation of the well-known historical conflict between King Yeongjo who pursues strong royal authority, while Crown Prince Sado insists on equality for all. The drama will premiere tonight (September 22nd) at 10PM (KST).

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

irilight said: class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 600; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Block B to Release a Fusion Hip-Hop Track for “Secret Door” Soundtrack

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"블락비 Block B - 비밀의문 Secret Door Official Teaser

Source: Soompi

Here is the actual OST song

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Block B (블락비) - Secret Door (Org Ver.) [secret Door OST]

http://youtu.be/8M5s2LNLf48

Guest adikkeluangman

Happy watching guys to those that streaming tonight. I will watch this drama once it air on my country after drama Temptation finish. Maybe like next month.

오늘 저녁 10시, #김태훈 의 SBS '비밀의 문'이 첫 방송됩니다. Tonight at 10PM(KST), #Kimtaehun 's SBS 'Secret Door' will premiere on-air :)

— JYPACTORS (@JYPACTORS)

September 22, 2014

Archived