[Drama 2014] Secret Door 비밀의 문

Guest maea18

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Yoo Jung 김유정 celebrates 2014 Chuseok Festival! She said it's her honour to work with respectable senior actors like actor Han Suk Kyu, Lee Je Hoon, Kim Min Jong, Park Eun Bin, Seo Jun Young and that the atmosphere of the drama team is very good! She wishes her team and people have a happy Chuseok festival!

yzE7174.jpg
Dpelyq9.jpg
lM8YuqI.jpg
eDBt3um.jpg
Zw9Hd3t.jpg

Guest kaeruchan

New stills of little, teenage, and grown up Sado kneeling in front of his father Yeongjo...

PS14090900054_99_20140909120904.jpg

More pics of grown up Sado..

201409091200310510_1.jpg

There's another version of teaser, with longer scenes of Kim Chang-wan, Park Eun-bin (who is so beautiful in the teaser, btw), crying Sado, and more of Yeongjo's screaming.

http://tvpot.daum.net/v/vfaefOTOX55lVVetXTXe5RA

Drama Fever had a write up about Secret Door with photos and teasers.

It is their way of "phishing' to see if people have interest in it.

itemprop="name" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: Varela, arial, sans-serif !important; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.2em; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 10px; font-size: 1.6em; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 252);"FIRST LOOK: Posters, stills, and a new teaser for upcoming historical drama Secret Door

Secret_Door.png
Read the article on DramaFever Blog

Please rate the article (awesome) and please add comments...  They need to see that people are enthusiastic and look forward to seeing this drama.

Currently only 20 likes (awesome) and a handful of comments... is not enough

class="content-title" SBS Releases Han Seok Kyu “Secret Door” Stills, Also Starring Lee Je Hoon timmydee September 9, 2014 0 Comments SBS Releases Han Seok Kyu “Secret Door” Stills, Also Starring Lee Je Hoon

Media network SBS has released a set of still photos featuring actor Han Seok Kyu, who will play one of the two male lead roles in forthcoming historical drama “Secret Door.”

Han Seok Kyu1

The pictures are taken from a scene where Han Seok Kyu’s character is threatening senior government officials with a sword and ordering them to cover up a mistake made by his son (played by actor Lee Je Hoon). The scene illustrates the character’s initial fierce loyalty to his son and his quick temper, although a bitter conflict between the two character ensues as the plot develops.

Footage from the scene can also be seen in teaser videos previously released by the network. You can check out these teaser videos below.

“Secret Door” will begin airing on September 22.

Link: http://www.soompi.com/2014/09/09/sbs-releases-han-seok-kyu-secret-door-stills-also-starring-lee-je-hoon/

Hello, everyone! Looking forward to this drama. I love historical sageuk and definitely love to see Han Seok Kyu and other amazing casts here.
Sado-Yeongjo relationship is one of the most interesting relationship and although it's fusion, I'd love tp see their explanation and own version to display Sado's story.

Sep 22 please come soon!! \:D/ \:D/

Guest kaeruchan

@liddi

viki is also subbing this drama and they already got it licensed for Europe.

http://www.viki.com/tv/22703c-secret-door

Glad to see familiar names around here :D Looking forward to more people joining in the discussion here!

Hi @irilight

It's only less than 2 weeks before premiere... Woohoo!!
I get the feel that it will be great, based on the casts alone. I just check the supporting casts, like Kim Chang Wan, Kim Won Jong, Kwon Hae Hyo, etc and I love them already because I know they'll be good. SBS only occasionally produce sageuk, but when they do they almost always produce great sageuk, for example Painter Of The Wind (my personal favorite) and Tree With Deep Roots.
I also notice Seo Joon Young's character is a royal painter named Shin Heung Bok, that's close to Shin Yun Bok from POTW, hehe.
Hope the screenwriters not mess it up.

Anticipating for 22nd September.

Guest kaeruchan

Latest stills of the resident evil man, Kim Taek (played by Kim Chang-wan)

jhjdhe20140912114811_P_03_C_1.jpg

I didn't know if it's intentional or not, but SBS youtube channel released a spoiler-y video to promote SD. Luckily it's been marked as private for now, so less people would have watched it...but the bad news is, I am among the people who have been spoiled. Uhhh =.=

@kaeruchanWithout asking for details of the spoiler, does it look like it detracts from or enhances the storyline?
I am preparing myself for a very different king in King Yeongjo, compared to King Sejong. When I first watched the teasers, I was a little thrown off balance - seeing the coldness and the barely contained fury, and had to remind myself that this is not Lee Do - the problem of just coming out of watching Tree with Deep Roots. Am really hoping (and hopeful) for an equally magnificent drama with Secret Door. Ahh... is it 22 Sept already?

Guest kaeruchan

@liddi It's a major spoiler, so I'd say that it will enhance the storyline :)

I can understand your feelings, as someone who had watched TWDR..HSK is a very talented actor and I'm sure he will have no problem in channeling the wrath from Yeongjo. It will be uncomfortable for us as the viewers as we are used to his portrayal of the affectionate Sejong. I really have to watch more of his works to detach myself from his Sejong character...

If anyone is interested to know more about the history, I want to recommend the book Memoirs of Lady Hyegyeong. Penned by Sado's wife, it provided a firsthand account of the wife who witnessed his husband's life. It's an interesting read and gives a different perspective of what happened between the father and the son. Though it's limited to a woman's perspective, plus with the Joseon lifestyle, it's still a good literature piece recording the history of the one of the most controversial happenings during Yeongjo's reign.

@kaeruchanGlad to know that the storyline is all the better based on the spoiler. One more reason (as if I needed one!) to get even more hyped up about this drama than I already am! Am hoping for a multi-faceted portrayal of all the characters, and a well-thought out relationship dynamic between father and son. Kim Hyeong-sik also directed Ghost, which I loved... but I am not familiar with writer Yoon Sun-joo's previous works. And will definitely try to get my hands on Memoirs of Lady Hyegyeong.

Guest kaeruchan

@liddi

The PD is directing his first sageuk here but I like his style. If you're interested in checking out Writer Yoo's old works, you can try Hwang Jin-yi, which was shorter than the other sageuk she penned :)

More stills of our lovely Lady Hyegyeong~

1evv4sm.jpg
More under the cut.. (EDIT - Uploaded it to imgur. Hopefully it's visible now @kanyaprasetyo ;)

X2MYGlH.jpg
y3o8yBo.jpg
I8hEy9z.jpg
a8MQIkS.jpg
ChrJhSk.jpg
JRE1aLs.jpg

@kaeruchan I can't see the pics of Lady Hyegyeong. I read some contents of Memoirs of Lady Hyegyeong available in the internet. As for me, SD won't be the only one featuring Sado that I watch, I'm also anticipating movie "Sado" starring YAI, MGY, SKH. The memoirs are really interesting to read, even though I only read bits and pieces.

Unfortunately, even though many people love writer's previous work, Hwang Jin Yi, I'm maybe the minority who loathed it, even though it's not bad. :-L :-L I just dislike how she handles and writes some characters.

Archived