[Drama 2014] Secret Door 비밀의 문

Guest maea18

thank you for amazing wonderful new information.

@yoonmi66, thank you for the preview. Powerful teaser, from the very beginning with the dark ominous sky

Loving the character posters and screencaps. Thank you @Nancykimlee and @jessa-junmar123

I like Park Eun-Bin as Lady Hyegyeong. She looks so good... Reminds me of her in Gu Am Hao Joon where she also played a dutiful and good wife.
id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 5px 0px; line-height: 34.375px; font-family: Economica, arial, 'trebuchet ms', verdana, sans-serif; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); border-bottom-style: solid; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hidden tears in Secret Door’s character postersby girlfriday | September 1, 2014 | 5 Comments

SecretDoor17.jpgSecretDoor17a.jpg

If Lee Je-hoon is already making me sad with his crying-but-not-crying character poster, I don’t know how I’m going to survive all of Secret Door without getting my heart crushed. The fusion historical drama is a re-imagining of the legendary tale of the most troubled father-son relationship in Joseon history, between King Yeongjo (Han Seok-kyu) and his only son Prince Sado (Lee Je-hoon), whom he put to death.

Read full article HERE

Guest nancykimlee

This is going to hurt so good. :x =((BwUsNTNCIAAzSwD.jpg:large
cr muchadoboutlove
Additional characters + stillsJang Hyun Sung, Jeon Gook Hwan, Kim Seung Wook, Jung Moon SungOh, and Seo Joon Young will play Shin Heung Bok but no additional info yet.

WE68917461_w666.jpg
Jang Hyun Sung as Hong Gye Hee 

WE88957691_w666.jpg
Jeon Gook Hwan as Lee Jong Sung

WE93593210_w666.jpg
Kim Seung Wook as Jo Jae Ho

BwIdXsyCMAA_IHW.jpg
Jung Moon Sung as Byeon Jung In
translated from tenpet // _jun1215

Main character posters + descriptions2014083122267_01.9041858.1.jpg(in this order)

Han Seok KyuThe king who hides daggers in his tears, Yeongjo
Yeongjo is a king who is well-versed in Confucianism. He often express himself by crying but at the same time holds a dream inside his heart. His origin as the son of a lowly water maid makes him feel inferior and in order to prove himself not only as a king who owns the power after his brother’s death, he strives hard to be a competent leader, hungry for acknowledgement and recognition. In order to protect the throne and the people, he has to make hard decisions, such as turning into a cold-blooded father to his son, Crown Prince Sado.

Lee Je HoonThe prince who masks his fears with laughter, Crown Prince Sado Yi Seon
As an heir to the throne, Sado is expected to be the best in everything but he is struggling to live up to the expectations from people around him. He’s fearful of his father Yeongjo and chooses to hide his fears behind his smiles. His smile becomes his standard reaction to everything. The murder case is his chance to prove himself but he discovers something hidden beneath it.

Kim Yoo JungA woman who is as free as a bird, Seo Ji-dam
 A young woman who is brave to challenge the common practice. As a daughter of a librarian, Ji-dam is well-versed in literature but her interest doesn’t lie in the romance novels; books about commoners, taxes, and land management are her favourites. Her dream is to become a writer and the murder case is the bridge to her dream of finding justice for the commoners. Thanks to the fate between her and the crown prince Yi Seon, who dreams of a fair world for the people, she gets involved in the investigation and gains friends from different walks of life.

Park Eun BinPrincess Hyegyeong, the woman with politics inside her skirt
Lady Hong, wife of Yi Seon and mother of Yi San. She wants to be the best in everything and the thing she hates the most is feeling inferior to and being pitied by someone else. Living in as a poor noblewoman, she begins getting lessons and her father grooms her to become the future queen. Marrying the crown prince makes her a step closer to her dream, but the only thing she has not achieved is to steal her own husband’s love. Yi Seon’s dream of a fair world turns her own dream into bubbles and she decides to abandon her husband in order to protect her son.

Kim Min JongThe cold-blooded assassin Na Chul-joo
An assassin who has nothing to fear but finds himself intrigued by the young woman he finds at the book rental place he frequents. He eventually becomes her assistant in investigating the murder case.

Choi Won YoungSado’s closest supporter from Namin faction, Cha Je-gong
 An officer who receives the trust from the crown prince, he continues to serve the prince faithfully, until the murder case. During the investigation, he becomes the sacrificial lamb to control Yi Seon, for Yeongjo’s sake.

cr and more of the article at thetalkingcupboard, thanks!!

Script reading pictures from SBSImg0404_20140828174109_4.jpg

Img0404_20140828174109_2.jpg

Han Seok KyuImg0404_20140828175800_1.jpg

Lee Je HoonImg0404_20140828175800_4.jpg

Kim Yoo JungImg0404_20140828175800_6.jpg

Park Eun BinImg0404_20140828175829_3.jpg

Kim Min JongImg0404_20140828175829_6.jpg
@irilight! :)
Jang Hyun SungImg0404_20140828174145_4.jpg
@liddi! :)
Lots more here and here.Seriously, what a cast!

Guest kaeruchan

Hello :) First time commenting in this thread~

SBS has released the second teaser..

News is quite slow but we're getting more these days since we're counting days until the premiere. Yeay, so excited!
I will try to post the rough translation for the rest of the character description. They're already available on the official website in Korean..
화이팅~

Been a silent lurker, and my first time posting a comment for 'Secret Door'. It's been a long time for not watching an ancient drama. This one will be a good one as I know You Jung as the child version of the female lead in 'Moon Embracing the Sun'. Hope she can stand out as the female lead for this drama. I know Je Hoon when I watched Fashion King sometime ago. However, I feel there is an ancient aura when he wore the ancient costume as shown in the poster above.
Just anticipate to watch it. Waiting for the updates for this drama. 

Guest kaeruchan

New pics from SBS!

Img0404_20140902172603_6.jpgImg0404_20140902172603_7.jpg

Img0404_20140902172603_4.jpg
Img0404_20140902172603_1.jpg
Img0404_20140902172603_2.jpg
Img0404_20140902172603_3.jpg
Img0404_20140902172603_5.jpg

Rough trans for the character descriptions. Spoilers for people who are still new to Sado's history!

Feel free to correct me if there's any mistake :)

Having just come out from watching Tree with Deep Roots and loving it so much, it is like Christmas come early to know that Secret Door is airing in less than 3 weeks' time. Really really anticipating it in view of its stellar cast - absolutely won over by Han Suk Kyu in Tree, especially his love for Prince Gwangpyung, and am really looking forward to watching him portray a king who ultimately sentenced his own son to death. Lee Je Hoon really impressed me in Bleak Night, and I can't wait to see him portray the doomed Prince Sado. And I am truly happy to see Seo Jun Young again after being totally gutted by Prince Gwangpyung's death, and hope we will get to see his character interact with Han Suk Kyu's King Yeongjo once more... if only to contrast it with their characters' relationship in Tree.

Guest nancykimlee

:-h to new folks in this thread!
@yookduk, Lee Je Hoon is a fantastic actor but his drama, Fashion King, is a trainwreck that not even he or Yoo Ah In could've save. If you're interested in his work, I recommend his movies, Bleak Night (superb!) and My Paparotti (heart-warming and he co-stars with Han Seok Kyu). 
@kaeruchan Thanks for taking the time to translate the character descriptions! :)
In the second teaser, Sado is pleading on behalf of the people, and we're given a glimpse of King Yeongjo's power and rage. This'll be interesting because King Yeongjo was regarded as a Confucian king during his reign, and his only questionable action was when he sentenced his son to death. But in the character descriptions and general plot, it is very much in line with 'The Memoirs of Lady Hyegyong', where she penned the father-son's tension, and another side of Sado that that we're not as accustomed to when we think of him in regards to history. However, she does include Sado's violence in later years in grave details, but because it's on SBS, I wonder how much of that we'll see transpire onscreen. Whatever the case, I can't wait to see this cast in action, and I have confidence in the writer, her previous works were solid sageuks Hwang Jin Yi and The Immortal Lee Soon Shin. :)(Fun fact: Those two dramas respectively earned Ha Ji Won and Kim Myung Min Daesangs at the KBS Drama Awards, hehe.)
New stills of Seo Joon Young as Shin Heung Bok :x1409877371944_1_094130.jpg
2014090509180992905_1.jpg?time=151243
cr starnews@liddi!
Stills & screencaps of the teasers2014090420132950799_20140904201615_1.jpg

jhjdhe20140903105423_P_03_C_1.jpg
Bwk7k-RIgAABB7t.jpg:large
Bwk7k-HIAAAsDNE.jpg:large
Bwk7k-3IUAEEhjj.jpg:large
cr sbs // too_oscary on twitter

I'm guessing this this historic setting drama will be more dramatic & political with some good intense acting from individual characters unlike these of other recently shown historic dramas like Joseon Gunman, Night Watchman and The Three Musketeers which are all based on fantasy with Joseon period setting. I'm looking forward to this drama as it's more intense in telling story between King Yeongjo and his son Prince Sado who was killed by his own father for display King Yeongjo's determination and stand on Joseon Dynasty's political rivalry factions the Noron and Seoron - Two most powerful political factions who often waged political assassinations and small civil war at each other to gain full control over Joseon Kingdom.

Guest yookduk

@nancykimleeThank you for recommending Lee Je Hoon's works. :)I found clips of Bleak night at youtube and Lee Je Hoon's acting is great!! and  there's Seo Joon Young in that movie, too? what a cutie!!!  :xThis movie will be the first in my watch list.:)

Archived