[Drama 2014] Secret Door 비밀의 문

Guest maea18

Guest maea18

@irilight yeah i think so, coz it seems that the movie will be focusing on the occurrence in the palace around those eight days wherein Sado was locked up inside the rice chest.. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wang Bit-na in "Secret Door"

photo460303.jpg

Wang Bit-na is starring in the SBS TV "Secret Door".

This drama is about the conflict between King Yeongjo who aimed for ultimate power and Prince Sado who desired a fair world. This drama recreates the mystery of a family murder which happened more than 500 years ago.

Wang Bit-na takes on the role of Woon-sim, an ill-tempered but warm-hearted woman who can't bear to see someone get hurt.

The cast also includes Han Seok-Kyu and Kim Min-jong, who take on the roles of Yeongjo and Na Cheol-joo.

To be broadcast in September after "Temptation".

Source: Hancinema

Guest maea18

oh Do Min Joon bestie from YWCFTS is also joining the cast as Kim Taekimage_readtop_2014_1006710_1405668275143http://star.mbn.co.kr/view.php?no=1006710&year=2014

Pop culture resurrects Prince Sado

photo461967.jpg

A portrait of Crown Prince Sado by U Seung-u, Yoo Ah-in, Lee Je-hoon

Crown Prince Sado (1735-62) is known as the "Tragic Prince" because he died after being trapped in a rice bin for eight days due to the wrath of his father, who threw him in there.

Because many consider this to be the Joseon Dynasty's most shocking scandal, pop culture has covered the subject extensively in films such as "Crown Prince Sado" (1956) and dramas such as "Sky Sky" (1988), where Sado was depicted as a weakling or a maniac. 

But recently, there has been a wave of remakes that depict Sado as a historical agent rather than a pitiful character. 

The most noticeable recent work is the film "Sado", which started filming this month. Lee Joon-ik, who was behind "The King and the Clown" (2005), will direct the film, while Song Kang-ho will play Young-jo. Yoo Ah-in is cast as Prince Sado.

A TV series that reinterprets the political side of the Crown Prince Sado saga is expected to air this September on SBS.

The series, "Secret Door", was written by Yoon Seon-joo, who previously wrote historical dramas such as "The Great King Sejong". Han Seok-Kyu will play Young-jo, Sado's father, and Lee Je-hoon, who is finishing his military service at the end of this month, is a strong candidate for the role of Prince Sado. 

If "Sado" focuses on coldhearted greed and hunger for power, "Secret Door" puts weight on the political conflict between Young-jo and Sado. 

"How Prince Sado's desire for a status-free world clashes with Young-jo's desire to strengthen royal power will be depicted", said an associate from SBS. "Prince Sado's revolutionary tendencies will be highlighted". 

Sado's desire for a revolution was largely covered in the novel "King's Wrath". The novel shows Prince Sado as a victim who tried to reform the land but failed. 

"Prince Sado received a biased view for about 200 years", said author Choi Seong-hyeon. "I wanted to shed light on Sado's strong faith in going against the ruling party for revolution". 

Works introducing Prince Sado base his character on the memoir "Hanjoongrok", which was written by the royal figure's wife, and emphasized his manic or crazy behavior. 

However, "The World Dreamed by Prince Sado", a book published in late 2011 by Lee Deok-il, the head of the Hangaram Institute of History and Culture Studies, reinterpreted Prince Sado. "Prince Sado was not a psycho, as written in 'Hanjoongrok', but rather a man with good qualities who faced an unfortunate death due to his revolutionary thinking that shook the leading group's foundation", states the chief in the book. 

Young-jo's obsession with Prince Sado is coming into focus as the cause of the tragedy, and the film criticizes society's excessive education fervor. 

"I will show how Young-jo's emotions toward Sado Prince evolve from happy to anticipation, then anger and hatred", said director Lee. 

"I want to give a lesson to today's parents who obsess over their children". 

Source: Hancinema

Omo, what kind of coincidence is this? Two male leads from Fashion King were offered the role of Crown Prince Sado, kinda at the same time :D Since Yoo Ah In is already filming for the movie, how I wish Lee Je Hoon accepts the role of Crown Prince Sado in this drama too!

Lee has just discharged from military today, hope we'll get the confirmed news (acceptance or refusal) next week ^^

Guest maea18

Lee Je Hoon already confirmed his upcoming project which is a movie entitled Detective Hong Gil Dong and too bad the article didn't even mention Secret Door or maybe he'll confirm later (or not)

@irilight,  Hi,  Now you know I'm a saguek fanatic Looking forward to this but we a few months ro wait.. I can't het over Kim Min Jong being a cold blooded killer but the pretty faces are always the most ruthless killers of them all.. 

Yeah I know huh? That sweet guy from Gentlemans Dignity is going to be a killer? No way!

@maea18...ah... I misunderstood.. sorry.

Both AsianWiki and Dramabeans just announced his confirmation for Secret Door.

Lee Je-hoon confirms drama return with Secret Door

leejehoon_24.jpg

Read more on Dramabeans

And AsianWiki posted on their FB page:

safe_image.php?d=AQAVXdpTqm2p33Ev&w=484&

Actor Lee Je-Hoon is cast in upcoming SBS drama series SECRET DOOR (literal title) which has already cast Han Suk-Kyu, Kim Min-Jong, Wang Bit-Na, Choi Won-Young and Kim Chang-Wan. Lee Je-Hoon was recently discharged from the South Korean military and has already accepted the lead role in upcoming film "Detective Hong Gil-Dong" directed by Jo Sung-Hee ("A Werewolf Boy").

In SBS drama series SECRET DOOR, Lee Je-Hoon will play Crown Prince Sado, the son of King Yeongjo played by Han Suk-Kyu. With rumors of mental instability of Prince Sado, King Yeongjo eventually orders his own son to be buried in a wooden chest filled with rice.

SECRET DOOR first airs this September in South Korea.

http://asianwiki.com/Secret_Door

I am actually surprised by Choi wong-Young addition, as he is also filming The Night Watchman Journal.

Another cast confirmation. Kim Yoo Jung is confirmed as the female lead, Seo Ji Dam. She'll be rival to Sado's wife, Princess Hyekyung (to be played be Park Eun Bin). The script reading was already held on the 26th.

20140402_1396437426_23253400_1.jpg?14065
http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=541781

She is playing a fictional character...

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Actress Kim Yoo Jung Cast as Lead Female in New Drama
kim-yoo-jung1.jpg

Child actress Kim Yoo Jung has been confirmed to star as the lead female role in a new drama titled “Secret Door” (working title).

On July 28, a representative of the actress’s agency, Sidus HQ, told OSEN through a phone conversation, “Kim Yoo Jung has confirmed her casting for the new SBS Monday—Tuesday drama ‘Secret Door,’ and also participated in the script reading on July 26.”

Kim Yoo Jung will be taking on the role of a fictional character, Seo Ji Dam, in the upcoming historical drama that takes place during the Joseon Dynasty.

The new SBS drama “Secret Door” is expected to begin airing its first episode around the middle of September, after the completion of “Temptation.”

Source: Soompi

Guest maea18

_loner_ said: awww i wanted Lee Min Ho(1993) to be the lead with Kim Yoo Jung...

and since there is such a big age gap, i feel there wont be any kiss scene :(

Guest maea18

Kim Yoo-jung scores leading role in Secret Doorby javabeans | July 28, 2014 | 15 Comments

kimyoojung_29.jpg

Kim Yoo-jung is already something of a budding star despite her young age (she’ll be 15 in a couple months) thanks to a long list of child roles in dramas and movies—recent projects include Gold Rainbow, May Queen, The Moon That Embraces the Sun—and now it looks like she’s moving into primary cast territory with her latest, Secret Door.

Read full article HERE

Archived