[Drama 2014] Secret Door 비밀의 문

Guest maea18

Waving back to @Nancykimlee, and other familiar faces, @conankung, @bacom, @valsava (will also be in sageuk heaven this summer)

@NancyKimLee, thank you for your insights. I always learn so much, and loving it.

Like you I am so happy for the reunion of Lee Je Hoon and Seo Joon Young. I am also happy for the reunion of Seo Joon Young with Kim Yoo-Jung. I thought the chemistry between them in the Drama Special "The Dirge Singer" was amazing (and they weren't even a "couple") and also in the older drama "Gumiho: Tale of the Fox’s Child"

photo468587.jpg

photo468588.jpg

photo468589.jpg

Photo source: Hancinema

There is also a newer book about Crown Prince Sado by Marc Hampsink, entitled "Chungshin" (Loyal Subjects).  Hampsink is a Korean adoptee who grew up in Belgium.  Unfortunately I cannot find this novel in English so far, but you can read more about it HERE

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest maea18

Kim Yoo-jeong's way of beating the heat

photo469933.jpg

Actress Kim Yoo-jeong deals with the heat in her own way.

The filming of the new SBS drama "Secret Door" started on the 30th of July. Kim Yoo-jeong takes on the role of a brilliant mystery novel writer Seo Ji-dam and helps in a special investigation.

Pictures of Kim Yoo-jeong show her eating ice cream or fanning herself with a fan that's bigger than her face. She's also seen wearing a pair of slippers that doesn't match her traditional costume.

Despite the heat, Kim Yoo-jeong never loses her smile on set. She always enjoys her work.

Meanwhile, "Secret Door" is the story of Yeong Jo (Han Seok-Kyu), a man who's in favor of total power, and Prince Sado, a man who prays for an equal world, and the most horrible event that occurs in the history of the royal family. To be broadcast in September.

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c...

Guest jessa-junmar123

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"New Stills of Lee Je Hoon on Horseback in “Secret Door” Releasedddangha August 18, 2014

lee-je-hoon-secret-door1.jpg

New stills from the shooting of Lee Je Hoon‘s upcoming drama “Secret Door” have been released. 

In the stills, Lee Je Hoon is on horseback, riding a white horse, in his traditional royal garbs. He had to spend four hours on horseback to shoot this scene. 

Lee Je Hoon, who recently completed his mandatory military service, will portray the Crowned Prince Lee Sun in the mystery historical drama “Secret Door.” The drama will depict the conflict between Prince Lee Sun, who believes in equality for all, and his father King Yeongjo (played by Han Suk Kyu), who wants to strengthen the power of the throne. 

“Secret Door” will start airing on SBS on September 22, after the completion of the currently airing drama “Temptation.” 

Guest nancykimlee

Finally!First look at Han Seok Kyu as King Yeongjo. :)201479331408503121.jpg1408501873_749773.jpg
cr as tagged & tvdaily
Addition to the cast:Lee Won Jong (Empress Ki), Choi Won Young (Records of the Night Watchman) and Eom Hyo Seop (Joseon Gunman). I like!
Click here for Dramabeans article with pics of Lee Je Hoon's horseback riding, Seo Joon Young + Kim Yoo Jung on set and a first look at Choi Won Young. 

Wow, Kim Yoo Jung is sooo cute!I love her... Hope to see her with Yeo Gin Goo in the future for another successful drama...
By the way, is she paired with the Prince here? A love between an intelligent girl and a royal prince? like Dong Yi? Hope so. It's time for her to shine and claim the Best New Actress for the year... Yoo Jung Fighting!

Guest maea18

Secret Door reveals its king and romantic killerby javabeans | August 26, 2014 | 5 Comments

secretdoor2.jpg

I am pretty pumped up about SBS’s upcoming historical drama Secret Door, half because that the cast is amazing, and half because it’s a gruesomely fascinating slice of history rife with pathos and emotion—and a heckuva mystery, as nobody has the definitive explanation for what caused Crown Prince Sado (played here by Lee Je-hoon) to become so dangerously violent and what prompted his father, King Yeongjo (Han Seok-kyu), to order him to step into his own death by spending eight days locked inside a rice chest.

Read full article HERE

Guest nancykimlee

Gah!!! I'm SO excited!! :)SBS' website for Secret Door, woohoo!http://program.sbs.co.kr/builder/programMainList.do?pgm_id=22000004321BwGWbK7CUAAfvZ_.jpg

Here's a link to the first video teaser on its pagehttp://program.sbs.co.kr/builder/programReplayVideo.do?pgm_id=22000004321&pgm_build_id=5501&pgm_mnu_id=19524
Sadly, it's super laggy for me so I'm unable to view it properly. I'll try looking for a YouTube link or another source.
Character postersBwHBnO3CcAAOy8D.jpg
cr SBS // fall_the_stupid twitter

BwHBuCXCUAERDn0.jpg
BwHB66ACYAAvqQi.jpg
BwHBytaCYAAWBbe.jpg
BwHCFVyCAAA7E0n.jpg
BwHCMRSCEAAnO3c.jpg

And here's a first look at Park Eun Bi! :)l_2014082802001400200313251.jpgcr sportskhan

Guest jessa-junmar123

id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 5px 0px; line-height: 34.375px; font-family: Economica, arial, 'trebuchet ms', verdana, sans-serif; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); border-bottom-style: solid; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Lady Hyegyeong (Park Eun Bin)  
vLGIBHu.jpg

5dNgRlP.jpg

201408281058161210_1.jpg

sdc class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 1.571428571rem; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; line-height: 1.2; font-weight: normal;"Coming Soon: Secret Door8 Replies

After what feels like an eternity since the news about Secret Door was first announced, SBS has finally opened the official website of the drama. It is the first sageuk for SBS this year and the anticipation for it is quite high, at least for me. 

Read more: http://thetalkingcupboard.wordpress.com/2014/08/28/coming-soon-secret-door/

New article from Javabeans at Dramabeans... 
Secret Door preview hints at chilling father-son conflictby javabeans | August 28, 2014 | 6 Comments

secretdoor_19.jpg

Ahhh, I’m going to have to enlist somebody to keep me calm about Secret Door, my expectations for which just keep climbing. The first teaser is out, and while it’s brief, it sets the suspenseful, intense tone perfectly with King Yeongjo (Han Seok-kyu) sternly facing his desperate-to-please but ultimately doomed son, Crown Prince Sado (Lee Je-hoon).

The captions in the teaser ask questions have been wondered over the past three centuries:

Why did the father kill the son?
The father who needed power
The son who wanted to be a subject
Will he die as a criminal
or will he remain as hope?

Archived