[Drama 2014] Blade Man aka Iron Man - 아이언맨

marykarmelina

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LadyAra

class="content-title"Lee Dong Wook Admits He Struggles with the Special Suit He has to Wear for “Iron Man”

Lee Dong Wook Admits He Struggles with the Special Suit He has to Wear for “Iron Man”

Actor Lee Dong Wook admitted that the special suit he has to wear during “Iron Man” filming is extremely hard on him, to the point where he has difficulty breathing while wearing it.

At the August 2 press conference held for the upcoming KBS drama, Lee Dong Wook revealed that he had to wear a special suit for the scenes where his character sprouts blades from his body. The suit he has to wear for these scenes is specially designed, and it is so restricting that sometimes he has difficulty breathing.

He added, “I have to wear an armor with swords jutting out, and it takes two hours to put it on. I first put on a vest, and put in 38 individual blades  into the vest.”

At the press conference, the drama’s producer Kim Yong Soo also showed great determination for the quality of CG (computer graphics) for his drama. “One thing is certain: we won’t air it if we think the quality isn’t good enough.” He further commented, “We were very concerned for the CG. The biggest concern we had was how we were going to show the blades coming out of his body. The idea that he sprouts blades is at the core of the drama.”

“Iron Man” will start airing on September 10.

lee dong wook iron man 2

[more]

Guest lukleros

sassygirl94 said: Annyong chingusss!!! my first time lurking to this thread because of Lee Dong Wook...Waaaa~~~ so many soompiers migrating from Hotel King thread to hereLet's support this drama for the sake of Lee Dong Wook!!!^_^ :-bd

Watching the 5 min teaser made me so curious about this drama..because before this, I said I will only watch because of Wookie, but then I changed my mind..the drama looks interesting to be watched and the background music is really awesome...Joo Hong Bin character is totally opposite from Cha Jae Wan made me so eager to watch this drama, and I think SSK is okay because I only watch the teaser..cannot comment so much..so, I guess maybe they will protect each other..Sedong will protect Hong Bin's secret as Iron man/Blade man, while Hong Bin will protect Sedong because he loves her.. because usually in typical k-dramas we'll see only hero will protect the heroin..but I'm so curious who will play the antagonist side? Hong Bin's father?? again like in Hotel King??
I hope the plot will be different and awesome like superhero movies, and the rating will go well..of course, this drama will compete MLG starred Rain, Krystal and idols but the story line is more important and attract the viewers...
Let's support this drama!!! \m/ :-bd

Since i'm a Wookie's fan, I really hope that every of his dramas successful. I can see Wookie works too hard for this drama (he just finished HK and then.. less than a month,he get offered to acts for IM. He must be too tired) and this make me want to support him more. To be honest, I'm a bit afraid about the ratings things..
p/s I'm a DongHae shippersz. So i do understand why this thread seems to least popular than SSL and MSD threads. I just hope for a miracle to be happen. *pray to god*

class="entry-title" style="margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-style: inherit; font-size: 22px; font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, NanumGothic, 나눔고딕, Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 28px; text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; box-sizing: border-box; direction: ltr; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; letter-spacing: 0.4px;"[spot] The Press Conference of Sword Growing Man’s Fantasy Melodrama ‘Iron Man’ Starring Lee Dong-wook and Shin Se-kyung

The press conference of KBS’s upcoming drama ‘Iron Man’ was held at Raum, Yeoksam-dong, Seoul. Producer Kim Yong-soo, production crew, Lee Dong-wook, Shin Se-kyung and Han Jung-soo participated.

‘Iron Man’ is a fantasy romance drama that tells a story of the sword growing man with wounded heart and a woman who truly loves him.

Producer Kim Yong-soo said, “We are really worried about Computer-generated effects which are very important tool for this drama.  We are still working on how we will express the sword growing from Lee Dong-wook’s body.” “We decided not to air this drama if the quality of it can not be guaranteed,” he added.

For this reason, production staff prepared ‘sword armor’ for Lee Dong-wook. Producer Kim Yong-soo stated, “It took a lot of time to wear it at first. But, it takes less time after several attempts.”

Lee Dong-wook appears as ‘Ju Hong-bin,’ a CEO of game company in this drama.

Shin Se-kyung plays a pretty game developer ‘Son Se-dong’ who falls in love with Lee Dong-wook.

Ju Hong-bin (Lee Dong-wook) is perfect in all ways except for his personality. But, he has wounded heart and swords are growing from his body. Son Se-dong(Shin Se-kyung) warmly embraces him.

Regarding Shin Se-kyung, Lee Dong-wook said, “I couldn’t meet her often at the beginning of filming because we separately shot most of time. But, Filming with Shin Se-kyung feels always good. I also always like her acting voice. Her voice sounded better in person. I think we will be very close when this dram ends.”

He also said, “When we first shot together, there were scenes full of lines. But, we acted in great harmony even though we never had rehearsal.“ He added, “Shin Se-kyung said in an interview that I was the one who should keep up the good work for this drama. I agree with her,” causing a round of laughter.

Regarding Shin Se-kyung’s character, she stated, “She is more like boyish than girly. She is also very strict. I was worried about this drama little bit because film ‘Tazza 2-Hand of God’ opens at the same period. But, I really wanted to play this character because I thought this character could touch and embrace people’s wounded heart.”

Shin Se-kyung also referred to Lee Dong-wook’s role saying, “Ju Hong-bin looks very mean, so I was little worried that people don’t like his character.” She also added, “When I saw Lee Dong-wook acting ‘Ju Hong-bin,’ he looked like a whining 4 year-old boy. I just wanted to embrace him like mom.”

Han Jung-soo said he felt very sorry that he hasn’t had a female partner so far. He plays a secretary of Lee Dong-wook in this drama.

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

They look little awkward, but still look good together. –leading roles of drama ‘Iron Man’

‘Iron Man’ with a story of a sword sprouting man will face off against Sooyoung of Girls’ Generation and Kam Woo-sung’s upcoming drama ‘Spring Days of My Life’ and SBS’s ‘My Lovely Girl’ starring Jung Ji-hoon(Rain) and Krystal.

KBS’s new drama ‘Iron Man,’ the follow-up of ‘The Joseon Gunman,’ will air its first episode on September 10.

Written by Han Jihee, Photography by Ryuma, Translated by Park Kayla

cr. geitk

Guest sullifish

@IguanaSoap @marykarmelina will premiere ep 1 airs on wed 10th september??because around that date is chuseok day..i hope kbs2 will airs it

angiemty said:
class="entry-title" style="margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-style: inherit; font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, NanumGothic, 나눔고딕, Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 28px; text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; box-sizing: border-box; direction: ltr; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; letter-spacing: 0.4px;"[spot] The Press Conference of Sword Growing Man’s Fantasy Melodrama ‘Iron Man’ Starring Lee Dong-wook and Shin Se-kyung class="entry-title" style="margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-style: inherit; font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, NanumGothic, 나눔고딕, Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 28px; text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; box-sizing: border-box; direction: ltr; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; letter-spacing: 0.4px;"Shin Se-kyung plays a pretty game developer ‘Son Se-dong’ who falls in love with Lee Dong-wook.

Ju Hong-bin (Lee Dong-wook) is perfect in all ways except for his personality. But, he has wounded heart and swords are growing from his body. Son Se-dong(Shin Se-kyung) warmly embraces him.

Regarding Shin Se-kyung, Lee Dong-wook said, “I couldn’t meet her often at the beginning of filming because we separately shot most of time. But, Filming with Shin Se-kyung feels always good. I also always like her acting voice. Her voice sounded better in person. I think we will be very close when this dram ends.”

He also said, “When we first shot together, there were scenes full of lines. But, we acted in great harmony even though we never had rehearsal.“ He added, “Shin Se-kyung said in an interview that I was the one who should keep up the good work for this drama. I agree with her,” causing a round of laughter.

Regarding Shin Se-kyung’s character, she stated, “She is more like boyish than girly. She is also very strict. I was worried about this drama little bit because film ‘Tazza 2-Hand of God’ opens at the same period. But, I really wanted to play this character because I thought this character could touch and embrace people’s wounded heart.”

Shin Se-kyung also referred to Lee Dong-wook’s role saying, “Ju Hong-bin looks very mean, so I was little worried that people don’t like his character.” She also added, “When I saw Lee Dong-wook acting ‘Ju Hong-bin,’ he looked like a whining 4 year-old boy. I just wanted to embrace him like mom.”

Archived