Kim Hee-Ae 김희애

Helena

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2020/07/08/entertainment/television/Mr-Trot-JTBC-The-World-of-the-Married/20200708194400418.html
Video clips from 'The World of the Married,' 'Mr. Trot' most popular in first half

July 8, 2020

DEEFB5D4-4152-4C02-A63E-47EB38CF7BFE.jpg

JTBC's "The World of the Married" (2020). [JOONGANG ILBO]

Video clips from JTBC’s drama series “The World of the Married” (2020) and TV Chosun’s hit singing competition show “Mr. Trot” (2020) were the most viewed in the first half of the year, data showed Wednesday.   

Smart Media Rep (SMR), which distributes short clips of episodes from major broadcasters to online platforms such as Naver and YouTube, announced that clips from "The World of the Married" topped the drama list by surpassing 230 million views compared to clips from other local dramas aired in Korea from Jan. 1 to July 7. 

Based on the BBC TV series “Doctor Foster,” which was aired in 2015 and 2017, "The World of the Married" gained popularity in the local market for its fast-paced and suspenseful storytelling.   

Spoiler

FD71168E-6444-4A2F-BC69-3CAC02488B94.jpg

TV CHOSUN's "Mr. Trot" (2020). [TV CHOSUN]

The data also reflected the trot craze currently sweeping Korea. 

During the same period, the cumulative number of views of “Mr. Trot" clips exceeded 320 million, earning it a place on the list of 300 million views for the first time this year. 

"The Call Center of Love," a spinoff program of "Mr. Trot," ranked third, exceeding 230 million views. The program features seven finalists from “Mr. Trot” who take to the stage with the songs requested from viewers via phone calls. 

Data showed that Mr. Trot was mostly viewed by viewers in their 30s. 

BY KIM YEON-AH   [kim.yeonah@joongang.co.kr] 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200717003200315
JTBC takes lead in TV drama viewership battle in H1

SEOUL, July 17 (Yonhap) -- On the South Korean small screen, cable channel JTBC had a large lead over other big names on the back of well-made, eye-catching drama series in the first half of 2020.

The romance thriller "The World of the Married," the South Korean adaptation of BBC's "Doctor Foster," was the biggest hit TV series during the period, with its viewership reaching as high as 28.4 percent.  It is the highest-ever rating by a drama on a non-terrestrial TV channel.  The 16-episode drama, which features the revenge of a dedicated wife, played by Kim Hee-ae, coupled with intense suspense and unpredictable storytelling, also won director Mo Wan-il the best TV director award at this year's Baeksang Arts Awards.

JTBC's "Itaewon Class," starring star actor Park Seo-joon, was the No. 2 drama of the first half with viewership of 16.5 percent, the seventh-highest viewership rating in cable television history.

In a bid to maintain the competitive edge in the second half of the year, the broadcaster has launched the mystery "Graceful Friend," portraying close friends who face a murder in their town, and the crime drama "The Good Detective," a battle between detectives who reveal the truth and cover it up.

AEN20200717003200315-01-i-P4.jpg
A scene from "The World of the Married" provided by JTBC (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

Spoiler

PCM20200703000014005-P4.jpg

A teaser image of "It's OK to Not Be OK" by tvN (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

On the other hand, tvN, a cable channel run by entertainment giant CJ ENM, suffered a worse-than-expected first-half performance, except for the romantic comedy "Crash Landing On You," which started its 16-episode run in December last year.

Its prime-time series including the romantic comedy "Oh My Baby," starring Jang Na-ra, and the romance drama "It's OK to Not Be OK," starring Kim Soo-hyun, failed to impress South Korean viewers. 

"Oh My Baby," about a workaholic single woman, recorded 2.9 percent in viewership rating at best and quietly finished its 16th episode on July 2.  Premiering on June 20, "It's OK," was one of the most anticipated TV series as Korean wave star Kim's return project after his two-year military duty. But its audience share has been hovering around 5 percent.

To break the stalemate, tvN has come up with a star-studded lineup for the second half.

Starring Cho Seung-woo and Bae Doona, "Stranger 2," the sequel to the 2016 popular crime drama "Stranger," will air in August.

Heartthrob actor Park Bo-gum and "Parasite" star Park So-dam will star in tvN's romance "Record of Youth" in September, while Bae Suzy and Nam Joo-hyuk are cast for "Startup" slated for October.

Terrestrial broadcasters like KBS and MBC remain in the doldrums as their shows hardly created a buzz over the first six months.

KBS' thriller "Woman of 9.9 Billion" and MBC's office comedy "Kkondae Intern," also known as "Old School Intern," are the only two series that made their presence felt on the small screen.

SBS received better results than the two rivals, with its medical drama "Dr. Romantic 2" and legal drama "Hyena" marking double-digit viewership ratings.  But its blockbuster fantasy show "The King: Eternal Monarch," starring Lee Min-ho, was a complete flop in the first half.

KBS's romantic comedy "Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol," MBC's science-fiction series "SF8" and SBS' musical drama "Do You Like Brahms?" will be their weapons of choice for the second half.

brk@yna.co.kr
(END)

———

https://zapzee.net/2020/07/22/sbs-drama-tops-the-viewership-category-with-an-average-ratings-of-11-6-percent/
SBS Drama Tops the Viewership Category with an Average Ratings of 11.6 Percent

by krishkim

Amid the overall low drama viewership due to the “trot craze” and platform diversification, SBS dramas surpassed the average household rating of 10 percent in the first half of this year, proving its potential as “drama powerhouse.”

Spoiler

11E92065-EC5B-4008-9084-A095EDAFC078.jpg

Credit: SBS

According to the report by Nielsen Korea after analyzing the ratings of three terrestrial broadcasters (KBS, SBS, MBC), tvN, and JTBC in the first half of 2020 (from 01.01.2020 to 06.30.2020), SBS recorded an average of 11.6 percent viewership, surpassing the 10 percent mark and achieving an unrivaled number one spot. JTBC came in second with 8.2 percent, while tvN, MBC, and KBS followed the list with 5.5 percent, 4.3 percent, 3.7 percent, respectively.

SBS also topped the 2049 viewership, a key barometer of popularity and channel competitiveness, with 4.8 percent. JTBC followed with 3.8 percent and tvN with 3.1 percent. MBC and KBS came in fourth and fifth by recording 1.7 percent and 1.1 percent. In particular, SBS showed its potential by listing five of the seven dramas aired in the first half of the year into the Top 10 and all seven in the Top 15.

SBS’s race will continue un the second half of the year as well. First, Alice, one of the most anticipated dramas in the second half of the year, will premiere in August as a follow-up drama of Backstreet Rookie. Starring Kim Hee Sun and Joo Won, this human SF drama tells the story of a man and a woman who are separated by death, only to be reunited by overcoming the limits of time and space. In addition, Fly From Rags To Riches, starring Kwon Sang Woo and Bae Sung Woo, and Penthouse, in which PD Joo Dong Min and writer Kim Soon Ok have joined hands once again since The Last Empress, are set to air in the second half of the year.

F9EE0787-22C5-43C4-B49C-C8C9F514C24C.jpg
Credit: JTBC, tvN

MBC, on the other hand, has lost its title, “Drama Kingdom.” The last mini-series that has exceeded 15 percent viewership was She Was Pretty, which aired in 2015. As time went by, single-digit ratings became the norm, and even the dramas that recorded 0 percent viewership have frequently appeared.

MBC’s slump is even more noticeable since each major broadcaster has produced at least one hit drama that has dominated the viewership and popularity: KBS’s When the Camellia Blooms, JTBC’s Itaewon Class and The World of the Married, SBS’s Hot Stove League and Dr. Romantic 2, and tvN’s Crash Landing on You.

Spoiler

23B1ECD4-AB59-4601-945B-C0D19A0B5159.jpg

Credit: MBC

Efforts to revive the MBC drama are currently underway. Although the viewership did not hit the jackpot in the first half of 2020, it achieved notable results in terms of diversity. It is said that they have expanded the range of viewers’ choices by making new attempts such as producing a script that won the contest, 4 or 8 part mystery drama, and running virtual SNS channels related to the dramas. In August, SF8, SF Anthology series, which was first introduced at the Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival, will air.

Source (1, 2)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2020/08/12/entertainment/movies/Directors-Guild-of-Korea-Bechdel-Choice-10-Bechdel-test/20200812174000375.html
10 Korean films make 'Bechdel Choice 10' list for promoting gender equality

August 12, 2020

333992A2-D3AD-44AF-8870-A4450199BF20.jpg

The Directors Guild of Korea (DGK) announced 10 Korean films that made it to the "Bechdel Choice 10” that helped promote gender equality in the Korean film industry among films that were released last year until the first half of this year on Wednesday.

The Bechdel test, named after American female cartoonist Alison Bechdel, was made in 1985 and has become the basis for assessing how frequent leading women appear in films. To pass the test, at least two named female characters have to appear in the movie, and they have to talk about a subject not related to male characters.

The selected works are "Kim Ji-young: Born 1982,” (2019), "Maggie" (2019), "Another Child" (2019), "House of Hummingbird" (2019), "Our Body” (2019), "The House of Us” (2019), "Moonlit Winter" (2019), "Lucky Chan-sil” (2019), "Baseball Girl" (2019) and "A French Woman" (2020).

DGK also selected individuals who contributed to gender equality — director of "House of Hummingbird" Kim Bo-ra, scriptwriters of "Another Child" Lee Bo-ram and Kim Yoon-seok, actor of "Moonlit Winter" Kim Hee-ae and the CEO of ATO, the producing company of "The House of Us," Kim Ji-hye.

DGK will hold a Bechdel Day 2020 from Sept. 1 to 7, a week of gender equality, to encourage Korean filmmakers to produce films that capture both gender’s voices.

BY KIM YEON-AH   [kim.yeonah@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://builfilm.busan.com/bbs/content.php?co_id=sub0201

The 29th Buil Film Awards [Nominations]

A3872806-43F5-4599-BAEB-855095986801.jpg

* Best Film 최우수작품상
The Man Standing Next 남산의 부장들
House of Hummingbird 벌새
Tune in for Love 유열의 음악앨범
Moonlit Winter 윤희에게
Lucky Chan-sil 찬실이는 복도 많지

* Best Director 최우수감독상
Kim Do-young 김도영 (Kim Ji-Young: Born 1982 82년생 김지영)
Woo Min-ho 우민호 (The Man Standing Next 남산의 부장들)
Kim Bora 김보라 (House of Hummingbird 벌새)
Jung Ji-woo 정지우 (Tune in for Love 유열의 음악앨범)
Lim Dae-hyung 임대형 (Moonlit Winter 윤희에게)

* Best Leading Actor 남우주연상
Lee Byung-hun 이병헌 (The Man Standing Next 남산의 부장들)
Lee Jung-jae 이정재 (Deliver Us from Evil 다만 악에서 구하소서)

Hwang Jung-min 황정민 (Deliver Us from Evil 다만 악에서 구하소서)
Jung Woo-sung 정우성 (Beasts Clawing at Straws 지푸라기라도 잡고 싶은 짐승들)
Han Seok-gyu 한석규 (Forbidden Dream 천문: 하늘에 묻는다)

* Best Leading Actress 여우주연상
Jung Yu-mi 정유미 (Kim Ji-Young: Born 1982 82년생 김지영)
Lee Young-ae 이영애 (Bring Me Home 나를 찾아줘)
Lee Joo-young 이주영 (Baseball Girl 야구소녀)
Kim Hee-ae 김희애 (Moonlit Winter 윤희에게)
Jeon Do-yeon 전도연 (Beasts Clawing at Straws 지푸라기라도 잡고 싶은 짐승들)

* Best Supporting Actor 남우조연상
Shin Jung-geun 신정근 (Steel Rain 2: Summit 강철비2: 정상회담)
Lee Hee-joon 이희준 (The Man Standing Next 남산의 부장들)
Park Jung-min 박정민 (Deliver Us from Evil 다만 악에서 구하소서)
Koo Kyo-hwan 구교환 (Peninsula 반도)
Kim Young-min 김영민 (Lucky Chan-sil 찬실이는 복도 많지)

* Best Supporting Actress 여우조연상
Kim So-jin 김소진 (The Man Standing Next 남산의 부장들)
Lee Re 이레 (Peninsula 반도)
Jeon So-nee 전소니 (Ghost Walk 밤의 문이 열린다)
Kim Sae-byuk 김새벽 (House of Hummingbird 벌새)
Yoon Yeo-jung 윤여정 (Lucky Chan-sil 찬실이는 복도 많지)

* Best New Director 신인 감독상
Yi Ok-seop 이옥섭 (Maggie 메기)
Jung Jin-young 정진영 (Me and Me 사라진 시간)
Jo Min-jae 조민재 (Tiny Light 작은 빛)
Kim Kyoung-hee 김초희 (Lucky Chan-sil 찬실이는 복도 많지)

* Best New Actor 신인남자연기상
Hong Kyung 홍경 (Innocence 결백)
Park Hae-soo 박해수  (By Quantum Physics: A Nightlife Venture 양자물리학)
Jung Hae-in 정해인 (Tune in for Love 유열의 음악앨범)
Kwak Jin-moo 곽진무 (Tiny Light 작은 빛)
Kim Dae-Gun 김대건 (Clean Up 호흡)

* Best New Actress 신인여자연기상
Kim Ah-song 김아송 (Bori 나는보리)
Park Ji-hoo 박지후 (House of Hummingbird 벌새)
Choi Sung-eun 최성은 (Start-Up 시동)
Kim So-hye 김소혜 (Moonlit Winter 윤희에게)
Kang Mal-geum 강말금 (Lucky Chan-sil 찬실이는 복도 많지)

* Best Screenplay 각본상
Woo Min-ho 우민호 & Lee Ji-min 이지민 (The Man Standing Next 남산의 부장들)
Choi Yoon-tae 최윤태 (Baseball Girl 야구소녀)
Kim Kyoung-hee 김초희 (Lucky Chan-sil 찬실이는 복도 많지)
Ha Yoon-jae 하윤재 (Nailed 카센타)

* Best Cinematography 촬영상
Go Nak-seon 고락선 (The Man Standing Next 남산의 부장들)
Hong Kyung-pyo 홍경표 (Deliver Us from Evil 다만 악에서 구하소서)
Lee Hyung-deok 이형덕, Jung Ki-won 정기원 (Peninsula 반도)
Kim Ji-yong 김지용 (Ashfall 백두산)
Kang kook-hyun 강국현 (House of Hummingbird 벌새)

* Best Music 음악상
Cho Young-wook 조영욱 (The Man Standing Next 남산의 부장들)
Mowg 모그 (Deliver Us from Evil 다만 악에서 구하소서)
Bang Jun-seok 방준석 (Ashfall 백두산)
Yeon Ri-mok 연리목 (Tune in for Love 유열의 음악앨범)
Jo Sung-woo 조성우 (Forbidden Dream 천문: 하늘에 묻는다)

* Best Art Direction & Technical 미술/기술상
Art Direction | Yang Hong-sam 양홍삼 (Steel Rain 2: Summit | 강철비2: 정상회담)
Art Direction | Cho Hwa-sung 조화성, Park Gyu-bin 박규빈 (The Man Standing Next 남산의 부장들)
Martial Art | Lee Geon-mun 이건문 (Deliver Us from Evil 다만 악에서 구하소서)
VFX | Lee Jeon-hyung 이전형, Choi Jae-cheon 최재천 (Peninsula 반도)
Costume Design | Jo Sang-gyung 조상경 (Forbidden Dream 천문: 하늘에 묻는다)

* Popular Actor 남자 인기스타상

* Popular Actress 여자 인기스타상

——

* Best Leading Actor 남우주연상*
Lee Byung-hun 이병헌 (The Man Standing Next 남산의 부장들)
Lee Jung-jae 이정재 (Deliver Us from Evil 다만 악에서 구하소서)
Hwang Jung-min 황정민 (Deliver Us from Evil 다만 악에서 구하소서)
Jung Woo-sung 정우성 (Beasts Clawing at Straws 지푸라기라도 잡고 싶은 짐승들)
Han Seok-gyu 한석규 (Forbidden Dream 천문: 하늘에 묻는다)

Previous Buil Film Awards Best Actor winners:
2016: Lee Byung-hun 이병헌 (Inside Men 내부자들)

Spoiler

E3C68896-4D90-4FAE-819B-740DDD8774D7.jpg

2015: Lee Jung-jae 이정재 (Assassination 암살)

Spoiler

20A5AB50-0BFB-4048-80A9-51D1B33BB5B8.jpg

2013: Hwang Jung-min 황정민 (New World 신세계)

Spoiler

F406B8AA-2AC0-4F65-87F3-D7E6991FD9C5.jpg

* Best Leading Actress 여우주연상
Jung Yu-mi 정유미 (Kim Ji-Young: Born 1982 82년생 김지영)
Lee Young-ae 이영애 (Bring Me Home 나를 찾아줘)
Lee Joo-young 이주영 (Baseball Girl 야구소녀)
Kim Hee-ae 김희애 (Moonlit Winter 윤희에게)
Jeon Do-yeon 전도연 (Beasts Clawing at Straws 지푸라기라도 잡고 싶은 짐승들)

Previous Buil Film Awards Best Actress winners:
2019: Jeon Do-yeon 전도연 (Birthday 생일)

Spoiler

7D89C13F-E02A-45FF-B9C1-146C790B4D56.jpg

2018: Kim Hee-ae  김희애 (Herstory 허스토리)

240E1C20-971C-49A4-A0E4-85303D07C183.jpg

5292FD23-4A85-4701-8520-ABBE5765C351.jpg

2015: Jeon Do-yeon 전도연 (The Shameless 무뢰한)

Spoiler

E1A8E14D-3CD7-4D66-AFEF-3C5CE1642B92.jpg

2011: Jung Yu-mi 정유미 (Oki’s Movie 옥희의 영화)

Spoiler

35B2D9F8-66B7-44F5-BB21-194B028E9E44.jpg

• Like 1

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 08. 28
Kim Hee Ae: "'The World of the Married' is a work that I can rave about anywhere without embarrassment"

8ECE2EB6-89E2-4AB1-A28D-89BCEF79A377.jpg

Actress Kim Hee Ae showed her affection for the drama "The World of the Married".

The program "Movie Room" (JTBC) will air part 1 of the special episode about actress Kim Hee Ae on August 30. Recently, Kim Hee Ae has been selected for the title "Bechdelian" (a filmmaker who contributes to realizing gender equality through movies) in the gender equality movie week "2020 Bechdel Day" hosted by South Korea's Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.

In this episode, actress Kim Hee Ae will make a special appearance and straightforwardly talk about the works she has been in, including "Moonlit Winter" in which she plays the female lead.

In the recording of the show "Movie Room" recently, director Byun Young Joo praised, "Actress Kim Hee Ae has played several characters that have the courage to triumph over all circumstances. She often plays women who nurture a dream in the heart, and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of her future work is."

230F8871-641D-47CB-B3FA-146031E8A23D.jpg

Besides, Kim Hee Ae also talked about the Fri-Sat drama "The World of the Married" (JTBC), which was greatly loved in the first half of the year. She expressed her confidence and special affection for the drama, saying, "'The World of the Married' was different from my previous dramas. It is a work that I can rave about anywhere without embarrassment."

In addition, Kim Hee Ae made the artist lineup in the show laugh with her frank talking manners, "When I was filming the scene of jumping into the sea, I suddenly thought 'Seriously?'". Next, she also heightened everyone's curiosity when revealing the legendary scene in her opinion of the drama "The World of the Married", "There was a scene making me really worried before the shooting, but in the end, I was surprised at how I had unleashed 100% acting prowess".

Reporter Cho Yeon Gyeong /cho.yeongyeong@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

———

https://zapzee.net/2020/08/30/kim-hee-ae-says-she-couldnt-stop-crying-after-filming-the-scene-where-she-fights-with-park-hae-joon/
Kim Hee Ae Says She Couldn’t Stop Crying After Filming the Scene Where She Fights with Park Hae Joon

by krishkim

51C894D2-A943-4F1F-96D6-041F0FA41EE2.jpg
Credit: JTBC

Kim Hee Ae talked about behind-the-scenes stories of JTBC’s hit drama The World of the Married.

In the recent episode of JTBC’s Movie Room, Kim Hee Ae appeared as a guest and talked about her works, including The World of the Married and Moonlit Winter.

When asked her one-pick scene from The World of the Married, she replied, “I was actually terrified of filming the scene where my husband attacks me. I read the script for months and imagined the scene while sleeping. Then the moment actually came, and my heart was pounding.”

She continued, “When I act a scene, I have 50% of my thoughts and 50% of the character’s emotions, but for that scene, I was a 100% Ji Sun Woo. I like the first take, so I prefer one-shot filming when I do emotional performances, but the director told me that it will de done in full-shot first.”

“So I planned on only showing 70%, but 100% came out. I thought I was screwed since I gave my everything in full-shot filming in such an important scene, but as soon as we started one-shot filming, I was able to give 120%. It was my first time,” Kim Hee Ae added.

“I heard the cut sign, but I couldn’t stop crying. I had to prepared for the next scene, but I couldn’t stop. And at the same time, I felt a joy. It was such a precious moment for an actor,” she recalled, drawing attention.

Source (1)

• Like 1

https://zapzee.net/2020/08/30/pick-10-women-centric-films-that-captured-both-fun-and-messages/
[PICK] 10 Women Centric Films that Captured Both Fun and Messages

by krishkim | Edited by Hwang Hong Sun, Hong Hyun Jung, Yang Young Jun | Translated by Kim Hoyeun

9F0A3F97-B186-4EF1-83E6-15636CC7A013.jpg

Amid the recent meaningful results of women-centric films that present both fun and messages, the Directors Guild of Korea announced ‘Bechdel Test 10’ to encourage the industry to capture various voices based on the ‘Bechdel Test’ on August 12. Let’s take a look at what works are included on the list.

*Bechdel Test: Standards designed by American female cartoonist Alison Bechdel to evaluate how frequent and active women are presented in the works

Kim Ji Young: Born 1982
9CA22B71-17C6-4E08-A2C1-28EB3DDFCCFA.jpg

Credit: Lotte Entertainment

The movie captures various situations that every Kim Ji Young born in 1982 would have encountered at least once in their life. The wounds left on Ji Young as she lived as someone’s daughter, mother, and wife were caused by hatred and discrimination, and were sometimes inadvertently perpetrated as a habit. Rather than nitpicking someone’s faults, the movie looks back on the lives of women in our society by comforting the pain Ji Young suffered.

Baseball Girl

Credit: Sidus Corporation

It tells the story of Joo Soo In, the only female baseball player on a high school baseball team, challenging the pro league. The world doesn’t give her a chance because of her gender, and people around her advise her to give up on her dream. But in front of everyone who pre-judge her future, Soo In takes the mound alone. The movie supports Soo In and her undying dream.

Moonlit Winter
52066930-A7D1-4E89-A91B-4D7F827C2595.jpg

Credit: Little Big Pictures

Moonlit Winter is a heartwarming “melo” drama that brings back memories of first love and a “healing” drama that comforts and cares for our scars. Yoon Hee faces her painful past in Hokkaido and gains the power to restore the meaning of love and heal herself. Through Yoon Hee, who had to live with her first love buried in her heart due to the world’s prejudice, the movie sends a message of support and solidarity to “all Yoon Hee in the world,” who had to live under a guise.

Spoiler

Lucky Chan-Sil

Credit: Challan Film Company

Life’s crisis is bound to come at unexpected moments. Director Kim Cho Hee’s feature debut film, Lucky Chan-Sil, pleasantly depicts Chan Sil, who suddenly became unemployed, looking back at all the people and relationships in her life and taking another brave step. The unctuous performances of actor Kang Mal Geum also adds to the movie’s lovely and frank charm.

A French Woman

The movie revolves around Mi Ra, who had left for Paris with a dream to be an actor, returning to Seoul to meet people and having a special experience where dreams and reality intersect. The film follows Mi Ra, who does not belong in either France or Korea and looks around her surroundings as a stranger, and explores the identity of Mi Ra by densely depicting her empty and lonely heart.

Our Body

Credit: JINJIN Pictures

It is about Ja Young, who lost her ambition after many grueling years of studying for the public official exam, finding the joy in running after meeting a beautiful and fit runner Hyun Joo. Experiencing running for the first time in her life, Ja Young gradually frees herself from the eyes of the other and regains the vitality of her life. At first glance, it is believed to be the story of a young woman exhausted from life stepping out into the world with running, but the movie goes one step further into women’s raw desire.

Maggie

Credit: at9 Film

The discovery of embarrassing X-ray photograph causes trouble at a hospital. On the surface, it seems like the story of Yoon Young, a nurse who is worried that she and her boyfriend might be the ones in the photo, but underneath, the movie pierces social issues, such as dating abuse and illegal filming, where most victims are women. The charm of the movie is the way it delivers such heavy topics in such witty manners.

Another Child

Credit: SHOWBOX

It is about Joo Ri and Yoon Ah, both second-year high school students, learning about their parents’ affair and trying to take care of the situation. It was well-received for its gripping portrayal of the subject of an affair with wit and humor and the fact that it is centered around female characters.

House of Hummingbird

Credit: at9 Film

The movie, set in 1994 when the Seongsu Bridge collapsed, calmly reflects the daily life of 14-year-old girl Eun Hee. The movie captures the virtues of female films in the growth story of Eun Hee, who has been adapting herself to a repressive life. It received rave reviews for the actors’ performances and its delicate production that universally captured the daily lives of individuals.

The House of Us

Ha Na is worried about her parents fighting all the time, while Yoo Mi and Yoo Jin hate that they move all the time. So the three team up to protect “the house of us.” Director Yoon Ga Eun’s thoughtful directing as she unraveled the world from a child’s point of view and child actors’ fresh and innocent actings have certainly captivated many audiences.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

http://english.pickcon.co.kr/site/data/html_dir/2020/07/17/2020071780084.html
Actress Kim Hee-ae's Elegant Fashion Sense Flatters Her Slim Figure

April 30, 2020

74126B19-2946-4064-9428-E1186F92C3CC.jpg

Kim Hee-ae, who most recently starred in cable channel JTBC's hit drama series "The World of the Married," is admired for her elegant and sophisticated fashion sense.

Thanks to her strict exercise and diet regime, Kim maintains her weight at 49 kg and always looks fit and slim. She confessed that she has never eaten an entire Choco Pie on her own.

F3EDAFAA-839A-4A0A-BFB9-E024E96E5450.jpg

At an online press event for the series in Seoul in March, Kim wore a black midi dress by Alexander McQueen with a wide belt and a deep V neckline adding a hint of sexiness.

Spoiler

2E933841-F687-4AC9-B115-2D98FCDBA924.jpg

In December last year, Kim looked elegant and lovely in a pink two-piece dress at a promotional event for a cosmetics brand, while in March 2014 for JTBC's another hit drama series "Secret Affair" she went for an innocent look with a sky blue, button-down dress.

Spoiler

5D502595-E233-428A-9BA6-A8355C8BD8EC.jpg

013414AC-4817-49B5-AEF3-3DB9B6C92F65.jpg

A2703A8F-2FB7-4FD1-90F5-F54FA865D15E.jpg

6AAB9555-C25E-4A74-A36D-BB9A1038CC79.jpg

BBF191DE-FFA2-451C-A432-F53453EF66EE.jpg

45035927-8078-4572-A0D8-116C667A53A9.jpg

1783FFB4-0E29-48E5-BE70-8EF54DD0107F.jpg

C23AD660-63D1-43ED-8A1A-0B5069D63B6F.jpg

2FF82305-7E95-4E1B-BC24-2937B89F3A03.jpg

F02E45A3-C005-4446-85E1-73A4C1FE612F.jpg

A9B1C020-67CC-4283-85A7-6988CED0DE25.jpg

CED0904C-C1B6-4243-A778-0754A7693121.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Asia Contents Awards: http://asiacontentsawards-eng.com/
Busan International Film Festival: https://www.biff.kr/eng/

[BIFF Press Release] Busan International Film Festival - 2020.10.08

Asia Contents & Film Market 2020 Announces Nominees for the 2nd Asia Contents Award

The Asian Contents & Film Market announces nominees for the 2nd Asia Contents Awards, which will be held on October 25th. This year’s Asia Contents Awards will be broadcast online due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

The Asia Contents Awards recognizes outstanding Asian content from TV, OTT and other diverse platforms. Open calls for applications have been made this year with 75 submissions accepted from 17 countries. Preliminary and final selections have selected 28 works from 12 countries to compete in 7 categories. In addition, the three categories including the Lifetime Achievement Award, Excellence Award and Best Rising Star will be announced without nominees on the day of the ceremony.

The nine jurors for the final selection include Yao Chen, the winner of Best Actress in the Asia Content Awards 2019; Stephen Fung, a Chinese director and actor; Joo Chulhwan, a professor at Ajou University in Korea; and Terawaki Ken, a professor at Kyoto University of the Arts.

This year’s Asia Contents Awards nominees contain Korean dramas that have attracted many international and local viewers including The World of the Married, Crash Landing on You, When the Camellia Blooms, Kingdom S2, Hospital Playlist, Extracurricular and Hyena.

International nominees include Taiwanese drama The Victims' Game (five nominations), a story about a forensic detective with Asperger’s syndrome, and The Bad Kids (four nominations), a Chinese breakout OTT series released in the first half of 2020. Other nominated works from Asia include Japanese TV series Nagi’s Long Vacation and Solitary Gourmet S8; Singaporean TV series Last Madame; and Thai TV series One Year and In Family We Trust. 

The Asia Content Awards will strictly comply with government social distancing measures. To safely hold the ceremony, only the hosts and performers will be on the onsite venue; in addition, international and local awardees and recipients will attend online. Broadcasting online is expected to present a new aspect of the award in the era of the New Normal.

The ceremony will be hosted by Nichkhun, actor and a member of Korean boy band 2PM, and Kim Sae-yeon, the previous-year’s host and winner of the Miss Korea 2019 title. Performances to celebrate the awards will be given by Korean girl band Lovelyz and Kim Jae-hwan, who sings the original sound track from Crash Landing on You.

The 2nd Asia Contents Awards will be broadcast online at the official YouTube channel of the Busan International Film Festival on Oct 25th, 4 pm - 6pm (KST).

The 25th Busan International Film Festival will be held from Oct 21 to 30, 2020

Asian Contents & Film Market (ACFM) 2020 will be held from Oct 26 to 28
Asia Project Market (APM) 2020 will be held from October 26 to 28

The 2020 Asia Contents Awards Nomination List (Awards Category)

http://asiacontentsawards-eng.com/30

Spoiler

3062C618-1FF6-4220-81E2-19BEF4568E5F.png

783C8C84-8892-4E08-81D7-7B627D45C0B1.png

54D37FCC-2CF0-4EEE-9BB3-AA01325D0123.png

0B0692F3-8C20-4E1A-ABAF-FA929B09CFB5.png

D8F25370-346E-4725-8DC0-5A1F04552222.png

250E3A40-1E97-470D-B7DF-F8B8C8A86BCA.png

FB38C5D0-0948-4B1B-8B82-EED02B918AFA.png

D0D18F3B-447F-4951-B121-3587EE7A03BD.png

https://www.screendaily.com/news/the-victims-game-the-bad-kids-head-nominations-for-asia-contents-awards/5153879.article
‘The Victims’ Game’, ‘The Bad Kids’ head nominations for Asia Contents Awards

Spoiler

BY JEAN NOH | 8 OCTOBER 2020

Busan’s Asian Contents & Film Market (ACFM) has announced nominees for the second Asia Contents Awards, with Taiwanese drama The Victims’ Game and Chinese OTT series The Bad Kids both garnering five nominations, including one each in the top best creative category.

Recognising outstanding Asian content from TV, OTT and other diverse platforms, the Asian Contents Awards received 75 submissions from 17 countries this year. The final selection has 28 works from 12 countries competing in seven categories.

Produced by Greener Grass Production and released on Netflix, The Victims’ Game is a story about a forensic detective with Asperger’s syndrome. It picked up nominations for Hank Tseng and Phil Tang in best creative, Joseph Chang for best actor, Liang Shu-ting and Hsu Ruei-liang for best writer, Moon Lee for best newcomer actress and one for cinematography in the Technical Achievement Award category.

Produced and released by iQiyi, The Bad Kids picked up a nomination for Dai Ying for best creative, one for best Asian drama, one for Wang Sheng-do for newcomer actress, one for Rong Zi-shan for newcomer actor, and one for production design in the Technical Achievement category.

Other nominees include Korean dramas such as Kingdom Season 2 with four nominations including for best Asian drama and The World Of The Married and Crash Landing On You with three nominations each. Thai TV series In Family We Trust picked up two nominations and Japanese TV series Nagi’s Long Vacation got one.

The Lifetime Achievement Award, Excellence Award and Best Rising Star will be announced without nominees on the day of the ceremony.

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Awards will be broadcast online on the Busan International Film Festival’s official YouTube channel at 4-6PM (KST) on October 25.

The ceremony is to be hosted by Nichkhun, actor and a member of Korean boy band 2PM, and Kim Sae-yeon, last year’s host and winner of the Miss Korea 2019 title. Korean girl band Lovelyz and Kim Jae-hwan, who sings the original sound track from Crash Landing On You, will give performances.

The Awards will be complying strictly with government social distancing measures so only hosts and performers will be at the onsite venue and the rest of the participants will be attending online.

The 25th Busan International Film Festival will run October 21-30 with the ACFM October 26-28.

• 3 weeks later...

http://asiacontentsawards-eng.com
The Asia Contents Awards (ACA) is an award ceremony for outstanding TV and OTT drama series throughout Asia, enjoying its second year since being newly established in 2019.  ACA 2020 is comprised of 10 categories and 11 awards, with 75 entries in total this year representing 17 different countries,  from among which 28 works from 12 nations were selected after the preliminary and final rounds.   Due to COVID-19, ACA 2020 will be held entirely online and will be broadcast on the official YouTube channel of Busan International Film Festival from 4pm to 6pm (Korean local time) on October 25th.

https://www.biff.kr/eng/artyboard/mboard.asp?strBoardID=9611_05

[BIFF Press Release] Busan International Film Festival (28)_(2019.10.25)
Asian Contents & Film Market 2020 Announced the Winners of Asia Contents Awards

On October 25th (Sun), the Asian Contents & Film Market announced the winners of the 2nd Asia Contents Awards online.  
The  Asia Contents Awards recognizes outstanding TV and OTT dramas across Asia. 
10 Awards categories are ▲ Best Creative▲ Best Asian Drama▲ Best Actress ▲ Best Actor ▲Best Writer▲ Newcomer ▲Technical Achievement Award ▲ Best Rising Star ▲ Lifetime Achievement ▲Excellence Award.

A list of the Winner of Asia Contents Awards 2020

4745B298-9056-4CD6-A244-FBFB13CF5910.png
155BA9A8-98EA-4036-A27D-37E547C603FC.png

7B628233-857A-4B4E-9BE4-F29298A75604.png

• Like 1

The 40th Korean Association of Film Critics Awards

Korean Film Critics Association (http://www.fca.kr) announced the winners on the 26th.

Best Film 최우수작품상: The Man Standing Next 남산의 부장들 (director Woo Min-ho 우민호)
Best Director 감독상: Lim Dae-hyung 임대형 (Moonlit Winter 윤희에게)
Best Leading Actor 남우주연상: Lee Byung-hun 이병헌 (The Man Standing Next 남산의 부장들)
Best Leading Actress 여우주연상: Jung Yu-mi 정유미 (Kim Ji-Young: Born 1982 82년생 김지영)
Best Supporting Actor 남우조연상: Park Jung-min 박정민 (Deliver Us from Evil 다만 악에서 구하소서)
Best Supporting Actress 여우조연상: Kim Mi-kyung 김미경 (Kim Ji-young Born 1982 82년생 김지영)
Best New Director 신인감독상: Yoon Danbi 윤단비 (Moving On 남매의 여름밤)
Best New Actor 신인남우상: Kwak Min-gyu 곽민규 (Move the Grave 이장)
Best New Actress 신인여우상: Kang Mal-geum 강말금 (Lucky Chan-sil 찬실이는 복도 많지)
Best Screenplay 각본상: Lim Dae-hyung 임대형 (Moonlit Winter 윤희에게)
Best Cinematography 촬영상: Lee Hyung-deok 이형덕, Jung Ki-won 정기원 (Peninsula 반도)
Best Music 음악상: Kim Hae-won 김해원 (Moonlit Winter 윤희에게)

Technical Award 기술상: Special Effects 특수효과 (Peninsula 반도)

Lifetime Achievement Award 공로영화인상: Film critic Kim Jong-won 김종원

FIPRESCI Award 국제비평가연맹 한국본부상: Hong Sang-soo 홍상수 (The Woman Who Ran 도망친 여자)
Best Independent Film 독립영화지원상: Han Garam 한가람 (Our Body 아워 바디), Kim Mi-rye 김미례 (East Asia Anti-Japan Armed Front 동아시아 반일무장전선)

Best 10 Films: <Kim Ji-Young: Born 1982 82년생 김지영>, <Moving On 남매의 여름밤>, <The Man Standing Next 남산의 부장들>,  <Deliver Us from Evil 다만 악에서 구하소서>, <The Woman Who Ran 도망친 여자>, <Ashfall 백두산>, <Moonlit Winter 윤희에게>, <Beasts Clawing at Straws 지푸라기라도 잡고 싶은 짐승들>, <Lucky Chan-sil 찬실이는 복도 많지>, <A French Woman 프랑스 여자>

Award ceremony will be held on November 11th at 6:30 pm.

• Like 1

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/10/check-out-winners-from-the-2020-korean-popular-culture-and-arts-awards
Check out winners from the '2020 Korean Popular Culture and Arts Awards'

Posted by beansss

DB9AA706-48EC-476E-A7DF-63759C37459C.jpg

The '2020 Korean Popular Culture and Arts Awards' hosted by South Korea's Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism (MCST) and sponsored by the Korea Creative Content Agency (KCCA) takes place live later today on October 28 at 6 PM KST!

Each year during the 'Korean Popular Culture and Arts Awards', the government recognizes excellent figures in popular entertainment who contributed to the advancement of South Korea's culture and arts. This year, a total of 20 teams were selected to receive the honors of: Order of Culture Merit (6 awards), President's Award (6 awards), Prime Minister's Award (8 awards), and the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism's Award (9 awards). Check out the winners below!

Order of Cultural Merit
Actress Go Doo Shim
Actor Byun Hee Bong
Singer Yoon Hyang Gi
Voice Actor Song Do Soon
Scriptwriter Song Ji Na
Actor/Comedian Lim Ha Ryong

Presidential Commendation
Actress Kim Hee Ae
Actor Hyun Bin
TV Personality Kang Ho Dong
Musician Kim Ki Pyo
Scriptwriter Kim Eun Hee
Actor Chun Ho Jin

Prime Minister's Commendation
Actress Gong Hyo Jin
Actor Kang Ha Neul
Comedian Park Mi Sun
Musician Seventeen
Producer Shin Choon Soo
Actress Yoon Yoo Sun
Choreographer Choi Young Joon
Voice Actor Kim Yong Shik

Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Commendation
Actor Ryu Soo Young
Comedian Jang Do Yeon
Singer Lim Young Woong
Actor Jung Sung Ha
Actor Jo Jae Yoon
Actress Jung Sung Hwa
Musician No Brain
Producer Lim Sang Choon
Voice Actress Kang Soo Jin

In addition, Seventeen and Junsu (XIA) will be holding congratulatory performances during the '2020 Korean Popular Culture and Arts Awards', streaming live via the KCCA's official YouTube. The broadcast will also air later on November 1 at 6 PM KST via SBS MTV. 

Congratulations to all!

DD3318C8-7C64-4C7F-8BFF-8C5AE2733BAE.jpg

-

http://english.pickcon.co.kr/site/data/html_dir/2020/11/13/2020111380278.html

Actress Kim Hee-ae Opts for Elegance in Black

November 07, 2020

1ABC9C92-A631-4D21-804B-5A7E90437F5F.jpg

Actress Kim Hee-ae radiated elegance at an awards ceremony to present prizes and commendations for promoting Korean culture, which was held in Seoul on Oct. 28.

Among figures in popular culture, this year's top honor was given to Kim, who received a presidential commendation at the annual ceremony along with five others including actor Hyun Bin.

Spoiler

CABEE3DA-C4D5-4567-A1D9-2EC4EEDFF568.jpg

Kim appeared in an elegant black dress with her hair tied up neatly in a ponytail. The simple V-neck dress accentuated her collarbones. She flaunted her slender figure and heightened elegance by matching her finest outfit with black heels decorated with crystal buckles.

The dress was by French luxury womenswear designer Roland Mouret and the shoes by Jimmy Choo.

41DD4A64-F31E-47C9-967F-05FEA9E0FA4F.jpg

E3333A3D-9E72-4871-B261-F7E357D4307C.jpg

62E89380-27BC-4C97-8D39-A4B9F69A8F3B.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://zapzee.net/2020/11/11/check-out-the-nominees-for-41st-blue-dragon-film-awards/

Check Out the Nominees for 41st Blue Dragon Film Awards

by krishkim

E55730C8-F29B-423A-8D0C-C72B6E872BE6.jpg

Credit: Blue Dragon Film Awards

While the 41st Blue Dragon Film Awards announced the final nominees for the awards, fierce competitions are expected.

The upcoming Blue Dragon Film Awards, scheduled to be held on December 11, will present a total of 18 awards.  Today, 15 categories announced the nominations (the rest three are Popularity Award, Best Short Film, and Most viewed Picture) selected through a survey of film industry experts and ordinary moviegoers about Korean films that were released between October 11, 2019, and October 29, 2020.

The Man Standing Next was nominated in a total of 10 categories, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor and Best Screenplay, while Deliver Us From Evil was spotted in 8 different categories.  Moonlit Winter and Kim Ji Young, Born 1982 were each nominated in 7 and 6 categories.

You can check out the rest of the nominees below.

Best Picture:

Moving On

The Man Standing Next

Voice of Silence

Moonlit Winter

Kim Ji Young, Born 1982

Best Director:

Yang Woo Seok (Steel Rain 2: Summit)

Yeon Sang Ho (Peninsula)

Woo Min Ho (The Man Standing Next)

Im Dae Hyung (Moonlit Winter)

Hong Won Chan (Deliver Us From Evil)

Best Actor:

Yoo Ah In (Voice of Silence)

Lee Byung Hun (The Man Standing Next)

Lee Jung Jae (Deliver Us From Evil)

Jung Woo Sung (Steel Rain 2: Summit)

Hwang Jung Min (Deliver Us From Evil)

Best Actress:

Kim Hee Ae (Moonlit Winter)

Ra Mi Ran (Honest Candidate)

Shin Min Ah (Diva)

Jeon Do Yeon (Beasts Clawing at Straws)

Jung Yu Mi (Kim Ji Young, Born 1982)

Best Supporting Actor:

Park Jung Min (Deliver Us From Evil)

Shin Jung Geun (Steel Rain 2: Summit)

Yoo Yeon Seok (Steel Rain 2: Summit)

Lee Sung Min (The Man Standing Next)

Lee Hee Joon (The Man Standing Next)

Best Supporting Actress:

Kim Mi Kyung (Kim Ji Young, Born 1982)

Park Hye Soo (Samjin Company English Class)

Bae Jong Ok (Innocence)

Lee Re (Peninsula)

Esom (Samjin Company English Class)

Best New Director:

Kim Do Young (Kim Ji Young, Born 1982)

Kim Cho Hee (Lucky Chan-Sil)

Yoon Dan Bi (Moving On)

Jung Jin Young (Me and Me)

Hong Eui Jung (Voice of Silence)

Best New Actor:

Woo Do Hwan (The Divine Move 2: The Wrathful)

Yoo Tae Oh (Vertigo)

Lee Bong Geun (The Singer)

Lee Hak Joo (Welcome to the Guesthouse)

Hong Kyung (Innocence)

Best New Actress:

Kang Mal Geum (Lucky Chan-Sil)

Kim So Hye (Moonlit Winter)

Shin Hyun Bin (Beasts Clawing at Straws)

Shin Hye Sun (Innocence)

Lee Joo Young (Baseball Girl)

Best Screenplay:

Moving On

The Man Standing Next

Voice of Silence

Moonlit Winter

Kim Ji Young, Born 1982

Best Cinematography and Lighting:

Steel Rain 2: Summit

The Man Standing Next

Deliver Us From Evil

Diva

Peninsula

Best Editing:

The Man Standing Next

Deliver Us From Evil

Moonlit Winter

Beasts Clawing at Straws

Kim Ji Young, Born 1982

Best Music:

The Man Standing Next

Deliver Us From Evil

Samjin Company English Class

Moonlit Winter

Forbidden Dream

Best Art Direction:

The Man Standing Next

Deliver Us From Evil

Peninsula

Samjin Company English Class

Forbidden Dream

Best Technical Achievement:

The Man Standing Next (makeup)

Deliver Us From Evil (martial arts)

Peninsula (visual effects)

Ashfall (visual effects)

Samjin Company English Class (costuming)

Source (1)

Cr: https://sports.chosun.com/
62789704-A793-4721-A152-B17E97C3DB2C.jpg

75BFF125-41B2-4277-B982-98C1A0CC1434.jpg

청룡영화상 : http://www.blueaward.co.kr/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Source: https://www.gallup.co.kr/gallupdb/reportContent.asp?seqNo=1161

Koreans surveyed on their favorite TV Stars who shined

Gallup Korea "TV Stars Who Shined the Year of 2020”

1. Kim Hee-ae - 9.4%

2. Park Bo-gum - 7.6%

3. Hyun Bin - 6.5%

4. Park Seo-joon - 5.9%

5. Son Ye-jin - 4.6%

6. Suzy - 4.3%

7. Jeon In-hwa - 4.1%

8. Cha Hwa-yeon, Gong Yoo - 3.2%

10. Gong Hyo-jin- 3.0%

11. Kim Soo-hyun, Jo Jung-suk- 2.8%

13. Cheon Ho-jin - 2.5%

14. Lee Min-jung, Choi Bool-am - 2.2%

16. Kim Hye-soo, Kang Ha-neul - 2.0%

18. Lee Sang-yeob, Go Doo-shim - 1.8%

20. Lee Dong-wook - 1.6%

21. Kim Seon-ho, Jung Bo-seok, Han Suk-gyu - 1.5%

24. Kwon Sang-woo - 1.4%

25. Kim Hee-sun, Kim Hae-sook, Lee Yoo-ri, Kim Hye-ja - 1.3%

29. Seo Ye-ji - 1.2%

30. Nam Joo-hyuk - 1.1%

31. Jung Hae-in, Go Ara, Yoo Ah-in, Jo Seung-woo - 1.0%

CE4EE2B5-145C-4B04-8821-967158DA6C96.png

2007-2020

Spoiler

1. Choi Soo-jong (Dae Jo-yeong) 23.3%

2. Bae Yong-joon (TWSSG) - 18.8%

3. Song Il-kook (Jumong)  - 18.1%

4. Lee Seo-jin (Yi San) - 3.5%

5. Kim Tae-hee - 2.8%

1. Kim Myung-min (Beethoven Virus) - 15.6%

2. Song Seung-hun (East of Eden) - 10.6%

3. Moon Geun-young (Painter of the Wind) - 9.8%

4. Song Il-kook (Kingdom of the Winds) - 8.8%

5. Choi Jin-sil (Last Scandal) - 8.1%

1. Go Hyun-jung (Queen Seondeok) - 38.4%

2. Lee Byung-hun (IRIS) - 20.5%

3. Kim Tae-hee (IRIS) - 16.3%

4. Lee Yo-won (Queen Seondeok) - 8.4%

5. Kim Hye-soo (Style) - 4.1%

1. Go Hyun-jung (Daemul) - 29.5%

2. Kim Nam-joo (Queen of Housewives/Reversals) - 6.5%

2. Lee Beom-soo (Giant) - 6.5%

4. Kwon Sang-woo (Daemul) - 5.1%

5. Hyun Bin (Secret Garden) - 5.0%

1. Hyun Bin (Secret Garden) - 9.2%

2. Han Suk-gyu (Tree with Deep Roots) - 7.1%

3. Kim Tae-hee (My Princess) - 7.0%

4. Soo Ae (A Thousand Days' Promise) - 6.7%

5. Jang Hyuk (Tree with Deep Roots) - 6.1%

1. Song Joong-ki (Nice Guy) - 18.2%

2. Kim Nam-joo (My Husband Got a Family) - 12.9%

3. Yoo Joon-sang (My Husband Got a Family) - 9.5%

4. Kim Soo-hyun (Moon Embracing the Sun) - 8.2%

5. Jang Dong-gun (A Gentleman's Dignity) - 8.1%

1. Lee Bo-young (I Can Hear Your Voice) - 11%

2. Ji Sung (Secret) - 8.1%

3. So Ji-sub (Master of the Sun) - 7.5%

4. Joo Won - 6.6%

5. Lee Jong-suk (I Can Hear Your Voice) - 6.4%

1. Kim Soo-hyun (My Love from the Star) - 19.6%

2. Lee Yoo-ri (Jang Bo-ri is Here!) - 18.2%

3. Jeon Ji-hyun (My Love from the Star) - 17.6%

4. Song Yoon-ah (Mama) - 6.1%

5. Oh Yeon-seo (Jang Bo-ri is Here!) - 5.9%

1. Hwang Jung-eum (She was Pretty, Kill Me Heal Me) - 14.4%

2. Kim Soo-hyun, Jeon Ji-hyun - 10.4%

4. Yoo Ah-in - 9.4%

5. Park Seo-joon (She was Pretty, Kill Me Heal Me) - 7.8%

1. Park Bo-gum (Love in the Moonlight) - 35.2%

2. Song Joong-ki (Descendants of the Sun) - 28.1%

3. Song Hye-kyo (Descendants of the Sun) - 12.6%

4. Kim Yoo-jung (Love in the Moonlight) - 8.2%

5. Jo Jung-suk (Jealousy Incarnate) - 4.6%

1. Song Joong-ki - 17.9%

2. Gong Yoo (Goblin) - 10.1%

3. Song Hye-kyo - 9.5%

4. Park Bo-gum - 8.3%

5. Lee Jong-suk (While You Were Sleeping) - 7.0%

1. Lee Byung-hun (Mr Sunshine) - 12.9%

2. Kim Tae-ri (Mr Sunshine) - 9.0%

3. Jung Hae-in - 8.7%

4. Park Bo-gum - 6.1%

5. Son Ye-jin (Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food) - 5.3%

1. Gong Hyo-jin (When the Camellia Blooms) - 12.4%

2. Kang Ha-neul (When the Camellia Blooms) - 12.0%

3. Go Doo-shim (When the Camellia Blooms) - 7.0%

4. Park Bo-gum (Boyfriend) - 5.0%

5. Gong Yoo, Jung Hae-in - 4.7%

1. Kim Hee-ae (The World of the Married) - 9.4%

2. Park Bo-gum (Record of Youth) - 7.6%

3. Hyun Bin (Crash Landing on You) - 6.5%

4. Park Seo-joon (Itaewon Class) - 5.9%

5. Son Ye-jin (Crash Landing on You) - 4.6%

A9DDD03A-CE00-43D1-98ED-7DBFBDAB0D25.png

——-

https://zapzee.net/2020/12/16/actors-that-lit-up-the-small-screen-in-2020-according-to-gallup-korea/

Actors that Lit Up the Small Screen in 2020 According to Gallup Korea

by krishkim

523B63DA-051A-47DA-A971-7FFC9B0A89D5.jpg

From Nov 5 to 29, Gallup Korea asked 1,700 people aged 13 or older to pick the actors that lit up the small screen this year. And the top 3 went to Kim Hee Ae, Park Bo Gum and Hyun Bin.

E9734716-6C26-4A47-B4E0-71A26241ABF3.jpg

Credit: JTBC

The World of the Married tells a story of a couple falling into a whirlwind of emotions as their relationship, which they believed was love, was severed by betrayal. This remake of the British drama Doctor Foster has attracted syndrome-like popularity even though most of the episodes were rated R for reasons of violence and provocativeness. And in the drama, Kim Hee Ae played Ji Sun Wii and captivated the viewers with her dramatic expressions, all the while maintaining her elegance.

Spoiler

9E31FACF-4461-45D8-955C-300B4D3CCAF1.jpg

Credit: tvN

Second place went to Park Bo Gum, who joined the military right after he finished filming for Record of Youth. The actor debuted in 2011 with the film Blind and started the “Park Bo Gum craze” with Reply 1988 and Love in the Moonlight. Back in 2016, Park Bo Gum wore the crown on the same chart with his role in Love in the Moonlight. Though he has not appeared in many projects, he has been spotted in the top 5 for the past 5 years, proving his power.

Spoiler

0FBA7619-B23D-4264-BA06-B8FCAA159D78.jpg

Credit: tvN

Crash Landing On You actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin each landed at No. 3 and No. 5, while the 4th place went to Itaewon Class star Park Seo Joon. The rest of the list includes Suzy (Start-Up), Jeon In Hwa (Homemade Love Story), Gong Yoo (Goblin) and Gong Hyo Jin (When the Camellia Blooms).

Spoiler

290ACD8E-BD98-4AA2-BD5A-17CE2DDC83CB.jpg

Credit: Gallup Korea

Source (1)

• Like 2

https://zapzee.net/2020/12/21/the-7th-korean-film-producers-association-awards-kim-hee-ae-and-cho-jin-woong-the-best-actress-actor/

The 7th Korean Film Producers Association Awards Kim Hee Ae and Cho Jin Woong the Best Actress & Actor

by krishkim

92BD0245-DCD8-4762-9818-9FF110CE0F71.jpg

Credit: Little Big Pictures, ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS

Kim Hee Ae and Cho Jin Woong were awarded the Best Actress & Actor Awards at the 7th Korean Film Producers Association Awards.

On December 22, the Korean Film Producers Association announced the winners of their own award ceremony.

Kim Hee Ae took home the Best Actress Award for her dazzling performance in Moonlit Winter, and the Best Actor Award went to Black Money actor Cho Jin Woong.

The Best Picture Award was awarded to Black Money, while The Man Standing Next director Woo Min Ho was honored with the Best Director Award. The Best Screenplay Award was given to LUCKY CHAN-SIL director Kim Cho Hee.

LUCKY CHAN-SIL actress Youn Yuh Jung won the Best Supporting Actress Award, while Steel Rain2: Summit

actor Shin Jung Geun took home the Best Supporting Actor Award.

This year’s Korean Film Producers Association Awards, which marks its seventh year, chose the winners out of 162 feature films released from October 1 last year to September 30 this year. The judges shared, “We paid attention to whether the intention of planning and production of the film is clearly shown and how much diversity the film has showcased.”

Here is the full list of winners.

Best Picture – Black Money

Best Director – Woo Min Ho (The Man Standing Next)

Best Screenplay – Kim Cho Hee (LUCKY CHAN-SIL)

Best Actress – Kim Hee Ae (Moonlit Winter)

Best Actor – Cho Jin Woong (Black Money)

Best Supporting Actress – Youn Yuh Jung (LUCKY CHAN-SIL)

Best Supporting Actor – Shin Jung Geun (Steel Rain2: Summit)

Best Cinematographer – Hong Kyung Pyo (Deliver Us From Evil)

Best Lighting Designer – Bae Il Hyuk (Deliver Us From Evil)

Best Art – Cho Hwa Sung & Park Gyu Bin (The Man Standing Next)

Best Editing – Han Mi Yeon (Beasts Clawing at Straws)

Best Music – Kim Tae Sung (Kim Ji-young, Born 1982)

Best Sound Effects – Kim Seok Won (Peninsula)

Best Technology – Jung Do Ahn & Yoon Hyung Tae (Peninsula)

A1C836E5-065B-42C3-A4BE-8FF6BC584A57.jpg 

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111494430

Source (1)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20210119000982

Blue Dragon Film Awards to be held on Feb. 9

By Im Eun-byel | Jan 19, 2021

7C180D69-A1B2-47DA-BF80-C9111D8909BE.jpg

Poster image for the 41st Blue Dragon Film Awards

The 41st Blue Dragon Film Awards, which were postponed last year due to the spread of COVID-19, will be held on Feb. 9, the awards’ organizers said Tuesday.

The awards ceremony, one of the most prestigious film events here, was to have been held on Dec. 11 but it was postponed indefinitely due to the spike in the number of COVID-19 cases in late 2020.

“The Man Standing Next” has been nominated for 10 awards, followed by “Deliver Us from Evil” for eight awards, “Moonlight Winter” for seven awards and “Kim Ji-young, Born in 1982” for six awards.

Nominees for the best film are “Sibling’s Summer Night,” “The Man Standing Next,” “Voice of Silence,” “Moonlit Winter” and “Kim Ji-young, Born in 1982.”

Directors Yang Woo-seok of “Steel Rain 2: Summit,” Yeon Sang-ho of “Peninsula,” Woo Min-ho of “The Man Standing Next,” Lim Dae-hyung of “Moonlit Winter” and Hong Won-chan of “Deliver Us from Evil” are in the running for the best director prize.

Actresses Kim Hee-ae of “Moonlit Winter,” Ra Mi-ran of “Honest Candidate,” Shin Min-a of “Diva,” Jeon Do-yeon of “Beasts Clawing at Straws,” Jung Yu-mi of “Kim Ji-young, Born in 1982” are competing for best actress.

The nominees for best actor are Yoo Ah-in of “Voice of Silence,” Lee Byung-hun of “The Man Standing Next,” Lee Jung-jae and Hwang Jung-min of “Deliver Us from Evil,” Jung Woo-sung of “Steel Rain 2: Summit.”

Nominees for the awards were selected based on film critics’ and online votes for Korean films which took place Oct. 11, 2019 to Oct. 29, 2020.

This year’s awards ceremony will be held at integrated resort complex Paradise City in Incheon without an in-person audience for safety reasons. It will be broadcast live on SBS and Naver TV.

By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://zapzee.net/2021/02/10/kim-hee-ae-joins-sol-kyung-gu-and-do-kyung-soo-for-director-kim-yong-hwas-new-film/

Kim Hee Ae Joins Sol Kyung Gu and Do Kyung Soo for Director Kim Yong Hwa’s New Film

by krishkim

B0928397-1900-4117-A677-B141F032D1E1.jpg

Credit: YG Entertainment

The Moon (working title), which has been the hottest topic as Along with the Gods series director Kim Yong Hwa’s new film, has confirmed the cast of Kim Hee Ae, completing the jaw-dropping lineup following Sol Kyung Gu and Do Kyung Soo.

The Moon tells the story of a man left alone in space due to an unfortunate accident while another man on Earth struggles to bring him back safely. The film is a new project by director Kim Yong Hwa, who created a double-million (moviegoers) history with his Along with the Gods series, and is expected to be a space spectacle based on the touching story of the lunar exploration. Earlier, Sol Kyung Gu and Do Kyung Soo confirmed their appearances, making headlines.

3B9F538A-52A6-45BE-89C3-D5DECEE82325.jpg

Credit: Showbox, CJ Entertainment

And today, Kim Hee Ae, who sparked a syndrome-level popularity with the hit-drama The World of the Married last year, has joined the launch to space.

Playing the role of Moon Young Eun, Kim will turn into chief director of NASA’s international space station. Sol Kyung Gu, a man trying to save the one who was left alone in space, Do Kyung Soo, a man who was marooned in space due to an unexpected accident, and Kim Hee Ae, a person who holds the key to the accident – what dynamic synergy will these three create with director Kim?

The Moon will begin filming in the first half of this year.

Source: BLAAD Studio

http://11db.io/people/605/kim-hee-ae

• Like 1

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/02/689_303892.html

'The Man Standing Next' wins best picture at Blue Dragon Awards

By Kwak Yeon-soo | 2021-02-10

D7E53E03-8B5B-4046-9D17-6B50113DCC51.jpg

The winners of the 41st Blue Dragon Awards pose with their trophies during the ceremony held at Paradise City in Incheon, Tuesday. / Yonhap

"The Man Standing Next," a political thriller about the 1979 assassination of President Park Chung-hee, won the Best Picture award at the 41st annual Blue Dragon Awards, Tuesday. Park was assassinated by his right-hand man Kim Jae-gyu, who was the director of the Korean Central Intelligence Agency (KCIA).

The film received a total of 10 Blue Dragon nominations, but ended up winning only one award. This is director Woo Min-ho's second Best Picture award following the 2016 political crime-action film "Inside Men." "The Man Standing Next," the national contender for the 93rd Academy Awards, failed to make the shortlist of 15 films.

Yoo Ah-in won the Best Actor award and the Most Popular Actor award for his role as the mute Tae-in in the crime drama "Voice of Silence." This is Yoo's second Best Actor award from the Blue Dragon Awards following his feat in 2015 with the period drama "The Throne." Ra Mi-ran was named Best Actress for her performance in the political comedy "Honest Candidate."

"I was grateful for just being nominated because Honest Candidate is a comedy movie. When I received the Best Supporting Actress award at the 34th Blue Dragon Awards, I jokingly said 'I'll return for the Best Actress award.' I didn't expect to receive the award right after being nominated for the first time," Ra said after receiving the award.

Spoiler

3750E65F-0C92-45AE-AC3B-719BA0148193.jpg

Ra Mi-ran, left, and Yoo Ah-in pose with their trophies at the 41st Blue Dragon Awards held at Paradise City in Incheon, Tuesday. / Yonhap

Lim Dae-hyung, director of the romantic drama film "Moonlit Winter," received awards for Best Director and Best Screenplay. He made a rare public remark on stage about LGBTQ.

While giving his acceptance speech for the Best Director award, Lim told the audience, "Moonlit Winter is a queer film. I say this because some viewers might not know what kind of film it is. There is nothing strange about a film in 2021 containing LGBTQ content, and I'm really happy for that."

The Best Supporting Actor and Actress awards went to Park Jung-min who played a transgender role in "Deliver Us from Evil" and Esom who played a confident, down-to-earth 1990s woman in "Samjin Company English Class."

Park paid a heartfelt tribute to late comedian Park Ji-sun after receiving the trophy, saying, "When I was filming this movie, there was a friend who always asked me if I'm okay. I still cannot let go of her, but I'd like to take this time to apologize to her for not asking her if she was okay."

Spoiler

CDDCD5D3-FF8E-48E1-8A81-F80CC502EE7D.jpg

Esom, left, and Park Jung-min pose with their trophies at the 41st Blue Dragon Awards held at Paradise City in Incheon, Tuesday. / Yonhap

Yoo Teo of the romance drama "Vertigo" and Kang Mal-geum of the indie film "Lucky Chan-sil" were named best new actor and actress, respectively.

The best new director award went to Hong Eui-jung for "Voice of Silence." The most popular actress award went to Jung Yu-mi, who starred in "Kim Ji-Young: Born 1982."

The award for the most popular film went to the disaster blockbuster "Ashfall," which starred Lee Byung-hun and Ha Jung-woo. The award for the best short film went to the 30-minute film "The Thread."

The Blue Dragon Awards, one of the country's top two film honors along with Grand Bell Awards, was originally scheduled to take place in December but were postponed for about two months due to COVID-19.

——-

credits: chosun 

90F2D2EA-EEA4-4306-8F6F-4C4B11397550.jpg

Spoiler

B8F82774-1514-4DD2-9CB4-E819C90860A9.jpg

E63CF88E-25B9-4FE6-A83D-D5E9C306BE23.jpg

3CC04D29-BB38-4CD4-A7A9-AEABA89DD086.jpg

———

Cine21

No.40 (1996-02-06~1996-02-13)

9AAF96E9-F374-4690-AE60-DD49CD95E950.jpg

No.944 (2014-03-04~2014-03-11) - Go A-sung, Kim Hee-ae

Spoiler

FAA1475C-0B26-45CC-910F-72B3CB221862.jpg

No.1160 (2018-06-19~2018-06-26)

Spoiler

70B0A853-4C1F-472E-A828-ED3EF4D5413B.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

https://theactorispresent.kr/kim-heeae

Kim Heeae

To Kim Heeae, a film is a cheerful challenge.  The greatest star of our time outdoes herself every time

CCE40F44-3A34-432D-B8C0-B540AB930666.jpg

Spoiler

67EC2EB8-F7E6-4CC1-85C6-23C163425C58.jpg

0AC3F909-1114-4735-9BBF-312DE75E3E62.jpg

[photo by Kim Jungman]

Including the buzzwords, “I won’t miss it” (an SK-II commercial) and “This is a special compliment” (TV drama series Secret Love Affair (2014)), Kim has appeared in numerous mega-hit works which created countless buzzwords.  Debuted as a teen model, she started her acting career with the film The First Day of the Twentieth Year (1983).  After that, Kim mainly performed in TV drama series.

With the TV drama series A Woman’s Heart (1986) and What Do Women Want (1990), Kim proved her acting skills, firmly establishing herself as a TV drama star.  Kim played a lead character of popular works so often that her acting career in the 1990s almost corresponds to the history of Korean dramas in the 1990s.  In particular, the actor became very popular with Sons and Daughters (1993), where she played Hunam, a woman who pioneered her path in a patriarchal social atmosphere that favored the eldest son.  Kim’s image was soon overlapped with a new generation of self-assertive and confident women different from the old generation.  Called a member of Team Kim Soohyun, a group of actors working with Kim Soohyun, a famous TV drama screenwriter in Korea, Kim Heeae appeared in various dramas the screenwriter wrote.  In particular, in My Man’s Woman (2007), the actor was criticized and praised at the same time for her role as a confident woman who justified her infidelity.  Later, in Secret Love Affair (2014), which recorded an unprecedented hit, Kim once again proved her acting chops by convincingly portraying love between a middle-aged woman and a young guy.

Just like the confident women of a new era she portrayed when younger, the middle-aged roles played by middle-aged Kim Heeae were different from existing women in society.  She showcased a powerful performance through the roles that only Kim would pull off.  In Herstory (2018), she starred as CEO Moon Jeongsook, a real-life activist who led the trial of old Japanese military sexual slavery.  Showing her excellent Busan dialect and a bold character in the film, the actor captivated the audience.  In addition to appearing in commercial films such as C’est Si Bon (2015) and The Vanished (2018), she also took part in independent films.  In Moonlit Winter (2019), Kim played Yoonhee, a middle-aged woman who worked at a grocery store to raise her daughter. Through this queer film, Kim Heeae was praised for her calm and touching performance as middle-aged Yoonhee who searched for her identity and belatedly found her first love in Japan.

In Bechdel Day 2020, which selects films that reflect gender equality, Kim drew attention when selected as Bechdelian, the actor who contributed to the spirit.  In the recent TV drama The World of the Married (2020), she appeared as Ji Sunwoo, a doctor who takes desperate revenge after her family that she believed perfect was destroyed due to her husband’s betrayal.  The series set an unprecedented broadcasting record with viewer ratings of 28.4%.  In particular, with her powerful acting and self-management that continues even as she gets older, Kim Heeae is renewing her image every time.  She has won so many awards that it was impossible to list them all, and the movie Herstory (2018) won Kim the Best Actress at the Buil Film Award.  Lee Hwajung

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Forbes Korea Names Top 40 Power Celebrities of 2021

[Based on 4 sectors: media exposure, SNS followers, broadcast, income]

Source => [2021 POWER CELEBRITY] [ How are they chosen? | Power Celeb 40 (1) | Power Celeb 40 (2) | Sector Top 10 | ]

D499A4AE-6BEA-4EE3-9635-FF17E24A3E55.jpg

2021 KOREA POWER CELEBRITY(40)
Rank / Name / Profession / Total Score / 2020 Rank (change)

1. BTS (boy band) — 550.9 [1(0)]
2. BLACKPINK (girl group) — 320.7 [3(+1)]
3. Ryu Hyun-jin (baseball pitcher) — 183.2 [2(-1)]
4. Son Heung-min (soccer player) — 172.1  [4(0)]
5. Lim Young-woong (trot singer) — 69.2 [new]
6. Kim Kwang-hyun (baseball pitcher) — 54.9 [new]
7. Yoo Jae-suk  (TV personality) — 53.3 [14(+7)]
8. Young Tak (trot singer) — 50.2 [new]
9. Jung Dong-won (child trot singer) — 50.0 [new]
10. Jang Yoon-jeong (trot singer) — 49.3 [15(+5)]
11. Lee Chan-won (trot singer) — 49.1 [new]
12. TWICE (girl group) — 40.4 [9(-3)]
13. IU (singer) — 40.1 [19(+6)]
14. Park Seo-joon (actor) — 38.2 [new]
15. Jang Min-ho (trot singer) — 36.9 [new]
16. Lee Min-ho (actor) — 34.0 [new]
17. Cha Eun-woo (singer) — 33.5 [new]
18. Baek Jong-won (TV personality) — 32.4 [16(-2)]
19. Na Tae-ju (singer) — 30.6 [new]
20. Kim Soo-hyun (actor) — 30.0 [new]
21. Hyun Bin (actor) — 29.5 [29(+7)]
22. Kim Ho-joong (trot singer) — 29.3 [new]
23. Suzy (actress) — 28.8 [new]
24. Kim So-yeon (actress) — 28.7 [new]
25. Joo Ji-hoon (actor) — 27.2 [31(+6)]
26. Kim Soo-chan (trot singer) — 27.1 [new]
27. Son Ye-jin (actress) — 26.5 [24(-3)]
28.  Park Jin-young (singer) — 26.1 [new]
29. Sung Si-kyung (singer) — 25.3 [new]
30. Lee Seung-gi (actor) — 25.2 [21(-9)]
31. Kim Seon-ho (actor) — 25.0 [new]
32. Pak Se-ri (TV personality) — 23.9 [new]
33. Lee Hyo-ri (singer) — 23.7 [new]
34. Kim Hee-ae (actress) — 23.6 [new]
35. Kim Yeon-koung (volleyball player) — 23.5 [new]
36. Bi (singer) — 23.1 [new]
37. Jo Jung-seok (actor) — 22.3 [new]
38. Na Hoon-a (trot singer) — 21.4 [singer]
39. Han So-hee (actress) — 20.8 [new]
40. Park Shin-hye (actress) — 20.0 [new]

5E6BF880-DF46-4D68-88A3-9F01428E42F4.jpg

Survey Period: March 2020 to end of February 2021
Forbes Korea narrowed down the list to 80 nominees by looking at search rankings provided by Kakao; excluding people currently involved in controversies. Then, the Top 40 people (in film, drama, entertainment, music, and sports) were chosen.

Criteria:
1. “Media”: frequency of mentions in news headlines

2. “Social Media”: statistics from celebrities’ official accounts (YouTube subscribers, followers on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Vlive)
3. “Broadcasts”: celebrity popularity among viewers based on drama/variety appearances, viewership ratings, MC roles

4. “Earnings”: money earned via films, TV broadcasts, advertisements, etc.

21539DD6-B84D-46A9-8787-5228A2D13E56.jpg

Media
1. Son Heung-min (soccer player)
2. BTS (boy band)
3. Ryu Hyun-jin (baseball pitcher)
4. Kim Kwang-hyun (baseball pitcher)
5. Kim Yeon-koung (volleyball player)
6. Lim Young-woong (trot singer)
7. Black Pink (girl group)
8. Na Hoon-a (trot singer)
9. Kim Ho-joong (trot singer)
10. Young Tak (trot singer)

SNS
1. Black Pink (60 million YouTube followers + 36 million Instagram followers. Individual members' accounts)
2. BTS (46 million YouTube + 40 million Instagram followers)
3. Twice (10 million YouTube + 17 million followers)
4. IU (singer)
5. Lee Min-ho (actor)
6. Cha Eun-woo (singer)
7. Park Seo-joon (actor)
8. Suzy (actress)
9. Yoona
10. Park Shin-hye (actress)

Broadcast 
1. Lim Young-woong (trot singer; Miss Trot, Ppongsoongah School, Romantic Call Center, Mr Trot)
2. Young Tak (trot singer)
3. Jung Dong-won (child trot singer)
4. Lee Chan-won (trot singer)
5. Jang Yoon-jeong (trot singer)
6. Jang Min-ho (trot singer)
7. Na Tae-ju (singer)
8. Kim Soo-chan (trot singer)
9. Kim So-yeon (actress)
10. Yoo Jae-suk  (TV personality)

Income
1. BTS (50 million dollar, about 60 billion won)
2. Black Pink (girl group)
3. Ryu Hyun-jin (baseball pitcher)
4. Son Heung-min (soccer player)
5. Kim Kwang-hyun (baseball pitcher)
6. Yoo Jae-suk  (TV personality)
7. Park Jin-young (singer)
8. Hyun Bin (actor)
9. Kim Soo-hyun (actor)
10. Lee Min-ho (actor)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2021/05/12/entertainment/television/baeksang-arts-award-jtbc-celebrities/20210512172007873.html
Organizers of 57th Baeksang Arts Awards announce lineup

May 12, 2021

690BC9A8-B7E9-4A76-BBE0-44A42486467E.jpg

From left, director Bong Joon-ho and actors Ko Hyun-jung, Kim Hee-ae, Lee Byung-hun and Jeon Do-yeon will attend this year's Baeksang Arts Award on May 13 as presenters. [ILGAN SPORTS]

Celebrated actors and Korea’s star director Bong Joon-ho of “Parasite” will be attending the upcoming 57th Baeksang Arts Awards to present the prizes, the event’s organizers announced Wednesday. 

Several winners of last year’s awards will be returning to this year’s ceremony as presenters. Director Bong will be making an appearance to hand out the trophy for this year’s Best Film. Five films are competing in the category — “Moving On,” “Deliver Us From Evil,” “Samjin Company English Class,” “Voice of Silence,” and “The Book of Fish.”   

Actors Kim Hee-ae, Kang Ha-neul, Lee Byung-hun and Jeon Do-yeon will also present awards to this year’s winners in various categories of film and television drama. Comedians Yoo Jae-suk and Park Na-rae, who respectively received the best male and female entertainer awards last year will hand over the honors this year. 

Nominees include Song Joong-ki and Kim Soo-hyun for Best Actor and Kim So-yeon and Seo Yea-ji for Best Actress in the television category. Many netizens are wondering whether Seo will attend the ceremony while some claim that it will be “morally wrong” for her to do so.  

Seo has been embroiled in controversy after being accused of controlling and abusive behavior as well as being a bully when she was a student. The actor has been replaced in a drama series and has not been seen out in public since the issue arose last month.   

The event begins at 9 p.m. on Thursday. It will be broadcast via JTBC. Fans won’t miss out on the red carpet event as it will be streamed via TikTok from 7:20 p.m. This year’s event will also be streamed live without an audience, in order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.   

Singer and actor Suzy and comedian Shin Dong-yup will host the ceremony for the third consecutive year.   

BY YIM SEUNG-HYE   [yim.seunghye@joongang.co.kr] 

Spoiler

The 57th BaekSang Arts Awards 제57회 백상예술대상

Official SNS: [ homepage | instagram | facebook | youtube ]
Location: KINTEX (Korea International Exhibition Center) at Ilsan, Goyang City, Gyeonggi Province
Date & Time: May 13, 2021 (Thursday) at 9pm (Korean time)
Broadcast: JTBC | JTBC2 | JTBC4
MCs: Shin Dong-yup &Suzy

*PRESENTERS*

Film Grand Prize: Bong Joon-ho
TV Grand Prize: Go Hyun-jung 
Best Director: Park Bo-young, Seo In-guk 
Best Script: Jung Woo, Oh Yeon-seo
Film Best Leading Actor/Actress: Lee Byung-hun, Jeon Do-yeon 
TV Best Leading Actor/Actress: Kim Hee-ae, Kang Ha-neul
Film Best Supporting Actor/Actress: 
TV Best Supporting Actor/Actress: Oh Jung-se, Kim Sun-young
Film Best New Actor/Actress: Park Myung-hoon, Kang Mal-geum