[Drama 2014] Endless Love 끝없는 사랑

StaRix

[bnt photo] Cha In Pyo Shows off His Charismaunpln0elig42soyhkzowl0fx2x9qmj48.jpg
[by Chloe Yun] The cast and crew of ‘Endless Love’ attended a press conference held on June 16 at Seoul SBS Hall, introducing the show and their new roles. 
SBS’ new drama series ‘Endless Love’, starring Hwang Jung Eum, Ryu Soo Young, Jun So Min, Cha In Pyo, and Jung Kyung Ho, sets in the 70s, 80s, and 90s of Korea depicting the characters’ story of love and ambition. 
The first episode of ‘Endless Love’ is set to air on June 29 at 9:55PM (KST) on SBS Channel. (photo by bntnews DB) 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[bnt photo] Hwang Jung Eum Looks More Gorgeous and Mature than Everujm6lckwmnm0z413x6bohu79fwplk216.jpg
[by Chloe Yun] The cast and crew of ‘Endless Love’ attended a press conference held on June 16 at Seoul SBS Hall, introducing the show and their new roles. 
SBS’ new drama series ‘Endless Love’, starring Hwang Jung Eum, Ryu Soo Young, Jun So Min, Cha In Pyo, and Jung Kyung Ho, sets in the 70s, 80s, and 90s of Korea depicting the characters’ story of love and ambition. 
The first episode of ‘Endless Love’ is set to air on June 29 at 9:55PM (KST) on SBS Channel. (photo by bntnews DB) 
credit news@bntnews.co.uk  | JUne 17 2014

[bnt photo] Jung Kyung Ho and Jun So Min, ‘Do We Like Real Couple?’
j798kbzpkkc1wmq1c4fj1mss1uzrfylp.jpg
credit news@bntnews.co.uk  | JUne 17 2014

I Love Kyung Ho oppa but it looks like he borrowed his current wardobe from his mother...

@astashonok and @eka1983: Nah don't worry that's a typo. It will still air on June 21.

@irilight: Thanks for your reminder shot-out. I just filled the forms. But I think we needn't to worry. Nowadays almost all KDramas get subbed, even dailies, specials, and unfamiliar dramas in small channels with many unfamiliar stars. Endless Love is a regular prime time 10 pm slot drama airs in SBS, one of three national TV channels, and a big epic project at that. So one or more of the three official subbers (DF, CR, Vk) will def. pick it up. Plus they compete for viewers at their sites, to gain a drama license faster than others means a bigger gain. At most it will be delayed for the first couple of episodes, and after that it will (hopefully) be a smooth sails, especially if the ratings are high.

Today Endless Love managed to enter top 10 of Naver drama search. Before, it already mostly consistent in top 20. Impressive ranks for a drama that is still not yet aired.

Fire_Shot_Screen_Capture_001.png

And yesterday Naver also put Endless Love's characters profiles. Meaning they start to enter Naver drama characters search rank today. Seo In Ae (HJE) managed to get rank 68, very good for a char. from an upcoming drama. The others are still in 300th-600th ranks but it's still the first day so it's ok.

Fire_Shot_Screen_Capture_002.png

Open here to see each of Endless Love characters' ranking:

http://search.naver.com/search.naver?where=nexearch&sm=tab_etc&ie=utf8&os=1957273&pkid=60&query=%EB%81%9D%EC%97%86%EB%8A%94%20%EC%82%AC%EB%9E%91%20%EC%84%9C%EC%9D%B8%EC%95%A0

These ranks indicated that Endless Love generates strong buzz in Korea. So hopefully they will satisfy and the ratings will be high, for the sake of subtitles beside the casts and staffs :D :D

@cahya..... Thank you for the good news... I so hope you are right.

I know of TWO threads here on Soompi that were disappointed when no one picked up their weekend prime time  drama for subbing...   I happen to watch both, and they are both excellent drama.

Generally the subbing sites want to see enough interest usually before investing in licensing.

The subbing sites want to see interest outside Korea.. In the Americas and Europe usually

irilight said: @cahya..... Thank you for the good news... I so hope you are right.

I know of TWO threads here on Soompi that were disappointed when no one picked up their weekend prime time  drama for subbing...   I happen to watch both, and they are both excellent drama.

Generally the subbing sites want to see enough interest usually before investing in licensing.

The subbing sites want to see interest outside Korea.. In the Americas and Europe usually

class="entry-title" style="font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, NanumGothic, 나눔고딕, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 22px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 28px; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; direction: ltr; color: rgb(194, 162, 111); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; letter-spacing: 0.4px;"[spot] Press Release for New Melodrama ‘Endless Love’411.jpg
‘Endless Love’ is a story of the ambitions and loves of people who live in the modern history of Korea from 1970s to 1980s.
On June 16, the press release for ‘Endless Love’ was held at SBS in Mokdong, Yangcheon District, Seoul with the participation of the 15 cast members including Hwang Jung-eum, Ryu Soo-young, Jung Kyung-ho, Cha In-pyo, Kim Joon and Seo Hyo-rim and the production team.
Hwang Jung-eum plays Seo In-ae in ‘Endless Love’ who is gorgeous and also smart.
She said, “When I first got the script I thought I never read such a difficult script. So I rejected to accept the role. Because I thought it would be so painful to play the character. It filled me with dread. But I check the script multiple times as people around me suggested I do that. But I finally accepted the role because it seemed tough to play it. It was more attractive and tempting.”111.jpg
Hwang Jung-eum plays ‘Seo In-ae’ who keeps secretes to her birth and takes revenge

29.jpg
Jung Kyung-ho plays ‘Han Gwang-chul’ who likes Hwang Jung-eum and a preparing to be a manager

311.jpg
Kim Joon makes a comeback with the new drama for the first time after being discharged from the military

Jung Kyung-ho said, “I always wanted to shoot a history drama. I thought I could show various emotions of my character. I chose to join the drama in the anticipation of working with other great actors. I will do my best to help the drama to be remembered for a long time.”
Kim Joon told that he chose the drama as he is in the new phase of life and starting a new life. He said, “I did not know anything about other dramas other than ‘Boys Over Flowers’. I wanted to play my role the right after reading the script. I think I could show a new side of me through this new drama
63.jpg
Hwang Jung-eum and Kim Joon both wore black clothes

510-1024x510.jpg
Hwang Jung-eum, Seo Hyo-rim, Jeon So-min, Jung Woong-in, Cha In-pyo and Kim Joon said “Dae Han Min Guk (The Republic of Korea)!” to cheer for the Korean National soccer team

Producer Lee Hyun-jik said, “There are lots of romantic love stories that female viewers can enjoy watching in the historic drama. The love stories are sincere and also painful. It is not a manly drama. That is why we chose ‘Endless Love’ as the title of the new TV series.
The first episode of ‘Endless Love’, the follow up of ‘Angle Eyes’ will be aired at 9:55 on June 21st.

Written by Han Jihee, Photography by Ryuma, Translated by Lee Sarah
Get It K | June 18 2014

That long preview with JKH breaks my heart already because I just know that his character's going to go through so much crap in this drama as well as HJE's character! So much crying in that preview already! I don't like how they're building the relationship between HJE and RSY because it looks like they're going to spend quite an amount of episodes building that relationship up to make it look like they can overcome anything, like their love is such a wonderful, powerful, strong thing... and that no matter what happens, they're always going to love each other -- and that makes me very worried. It just makes me worried that people are going to have different ships and this drama might possibly turn into a tragic love story; hence the title ENDLESS LOVE! Regardless, I can't wait until it airs. ENDLESS LOVE FIGHTING!

mslee said: irilight said: @cahya..... Thank you for the good news... I so hope you are right.

@irilight: Can you please tell me which Sat-Sun prime time 10 pm slot drama from SBS-MBC that had not been subbed yet? as far as I know, as far back as 2011 at least, all had been subbed. You can see the complete list here for reference:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/SBS_Saturday_and_Sunday_Night_21:45

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/MBC_Saturday_%26_Sunday_Night_21:45

KBS2 doesn't have 10 pm drama in weekend. Perhaps the dramas that you referred were not in 10 pm slot? Then it's not prime time drama. Prime time in S.Kor is 10 pm.

@mslee: Endless Love will air on June 21. That June 29 by a reporter was a typo.

@aznchic209: Your worries is understandable. Though, I may be misheard or it's still too soon to presume, but at the end of long preview, when HJE kneel in front of RSY, she said something like: "Don't be sad like this. It's not everyday ppl can be a President's son-in-law. Even more so for used-to-be-nobody like us. So, do it proudly." 

It can be she just tried to console him so that he won't blame himself or it can be that she herself is urging him to marry other woman, for whatever reasons. Her expression makes me think of the second, no sadness at all, only determination. So I don't think it will be as simple as he betrayed her for power and she will keep pine for him. We'll see. And JKH just happened to see them when they already kissed so he didn't catch her words before so he jealous.

Btw, a new character profile pic for Seo In Ae (HJE):

WE58871569_w666.jpg

Han Kwang Hoon (RSY) and Kwang Chul (JKH) profile pics are using the ones from the 3rd poster so I won't post them again. For other characters, many are using the ones from 2nd poster. Check at the official website. They also added some new characters.

:\"> @cahya oh thanks for clarifying, i thought i would wait another week...i know one weekend drama that is not subbed by others but coz they have their won YT channel, so i rely on that which is i think two weeks behind from the current timeline in Korea. 
well, can't wait for the pilot episode.
@irilight yes, expecting a beautiful drama... :D with great cast, good actors, i'm already excited.

@mslee: You're welcome. Let's wait together, hope they will deliver. There are many criticisms toward SBS dramas lately so let's just pray they will do it right for Endless Love. They already have great casts and respected PD so let's not waste them. For the writer, I wasn't exactly a fan of EoE but she does have flairs for write successful epic period drama so we'll see. Oh there was one that didn't get subbed? Thankfully there's still that YT channel then, and two weeks delay actually wasn't too bad, as long as it's consistent. I hope Endless Love won't come to it. As I've said before, I hope at most, the subs will only be delayed for first couple of episodes. For consolations, all the dramas of three main casts were always subbed before.

After watch long preview...I think I really should prepare my heart and tissue. omo poor Kyung Hoo. why you always bleeding. and hwang Jung Eum, this is the second time shes in jail right? I cant wait this drama. i hope it gonna be subbed. beacuse I cant watch online again we should registered and I dont know how because I cant read hangul.

cahya said: @irilight: Can you please tell me which Sat-Sun prime time 10 pm slot drama from SBS-MBC that had not been subbed yet? as far as I know, as far back as 2011 at least, all had been subbed. You can see the complete list here for reference:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/SBS_Saturday_and_Sunday_Night_21:45

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/MBC_Saturday_%26_Sunday_Night_21:45

KBS2 doesn't have 10 pm drama in weekend. Perhaps the dramas that you referred were not in 10 pm slot? Then it's not prime time drama. Prime time in S.Kor is 10 pm.

@mslee: Endless Love will air on June 21. That June 29 by a reporter was a typo.

@irilight: Oh it's OK to cut my post hehe...  no need to be sorry.

Yes prime time slot in S.Kor is always 10 pm. That's why they always air their spearhead dramas in that slot, everyday except Friday. In weekend, they do air more drama in another slots because of holiday and less news programmings, but the prime time is still around 10 pm. 

1. For Jeong Do Jeon, yes it's in prime time, but KBS1, though it's a division of KBS, sadly it's still not considered one of three big national TV channels (only SBS, MBC, KBS2). Even KBS Drama Awards doesn't include dramas from KBS1.

2. Glorious Day isn't in prime time slot, it's in 9 pm slot. It also doesn't help that SBS 9 pm slot dramas never garners much ratings, therefore always kinda forgotten, unlike MBC 9 pm slot and KBS2 8 pm slot.

3. Into the Flames isn't in one of three national TV channels or big cables like tvN, and also not in prime time slot.

That's why they kinda eluded subbers' radar. But as Endless Love is in 10 pm slot and a big project from SBS, pray that the license will be much faster to get. Hope this helps  :D

And btw, check Dramawiki's Endless Love page, they already completed the casts:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Endless_Love_%282014%29

Archived