[Drama 2014] Glorious Day 기분 좋은 날

Guest reijaye

From what I could make out of an article the writer, director and actors discussed the drama and decided to end the drama early. They have other projects and schedules to keep. The Asian Games begin on September 19th - October 4th. Delaying the drama would run into the next drama's start time which was to begin on October 18th. The new drama has now been moved up to the 11th as a start date. There will probably be only one ep this weekend and the last two next weekend.
I'm disappointed that the drama is ending so soon but I understand the broadcasting company and the actors who have other obligations and schedules that have to be met. Delaying the drama would interfere in the broadcasting company's schedules and also the actors schedules. Putting these things into consideration they have lives just as we do and life does goes on and just as we have our responsibilities an obligations so do they. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So sad it ends early, with fewer episodes..

I see also on other drama I watch when they cancel episodes right and left, due to events like sports and  Incheon games.

It makes me wonder - about how these productions companies work -  Don't they plan ahead of time with a calender? The incheon games was not a surprise that fell from the sky like a meteor.  Everyone knew about it... Why was it not planned for to begin with the production team and the actors, that it would cause the drama to be delayed - and enter into everyone's schedule....?!

irilight said: So sad it ends early, with fewer episodes..

I see also on other drama I watch when they cancel episodes right and left, due to events like sports and  Incheon games.

It makes me wonder - about how these productions companies work -  Don't they plan ahead of time with a calender? The incheon games was not a surprise that fell from the sky like a meteor.  Everyone knew about it... Why was it not planned for to begin with the production team and the actors, that it would cause the drama to be delayed - and enter into everyone's schedule....?!

other than granny being happy until the end, and the youngest couple making a commitment, perhaps, i don't know what else could happen to the storylines?  DJ&JW, DA&Prof are all good.  Mom & CEO are obviously getting together.  IW will be stuck with the Princess.  Evil Mom in law and Toad are somewhat "forgiven". What else can they write?  DJ&DA will get pregnant, probably.  Step Bro won't be a big deal, so..  what's left?

we do not need to add the details are too long for the film. but we need the full emotion. I do not know the developments  of the film will be like. I wonder, I feel so down. Why has the unfortunate happens with this movie from the beginning and is now stages the end. Although there will be only 44 episode   rather than 50 episode as intended, but I always hoped the couples of Glorious Day will be the end as name of film,  and make the audience feel the exact same feelings the name of the movie delivers. JW and DJ, DA and Dr. Kang, What we want now is probably waiting for a sweet wedding will take place for  great character of the film: writer Han Song Jung, the great mother this should have been happy with the good-natured man Young Nam Goong. That's what we want, is what the film needed to "Glorious Day" success. Still feeling a bit sad, but I'll still wait and hope. Although I've said before, I will feel very sad, feel so down if every Thursday night 7, Sundays are not tracked GL. But the important thing, Now I want the movie to be broadcast and continue to have the ending as desired by everyone!

I thought I was going to rest and catch up when they complete epi 50.  But... like most of you, am devastated with latest news and anxious over when we will get to watch again.
Most of all ... am feeling bad and empathetic towards writer, director, producer and our wonderful casts who have been working hard in giving us a great drama every single weekend over the last 5-6 months.  I would not want to be in their situation.  I feel for them.  It is like you have a super important presention to deliver .. you have spent months preparing, researching and crystalising your points ...and right before your delivery to the board you are told you have to sell your case in 15mins instead of 30!  Or ... when you are running a race, 95% through your race... bad weather ... did not allow you to beat your personal best!! 
I feel it is more devastating for the GD team.  They will not be able to finish their story the way they wanted it to.  The actors and actresses will not be able to give their finishing touch the way they wanted... to bring the best out of the love stories they had intended for us.  Imagine having to re-write or change your delivery at the very last moment.  Would get my  adrenalin running high. 
Also the few young ones have not really been given sufficient time to develop their story yet... like DI, HJ and JH.  They have also invested their time.
So... try to enjoy the every bit of what they will be delivering to us at their level best.  Am sure they will try their level best to end well and sweet as they possibly can.
Would like to cheer them on in winning this challenging last race.  And, appreciative of their efforts. Hope at the end it would be a fulfilling race for the GD team too.  So we need to stay positive... giving them our support as they have treated us with fantastic work.
Wish we know exact dates for next 3 episodes though.  

Guest haha1104

gigglessquiggles said: I thought I was going to rest and catch up when they complete epi 50.  But... like most of you, am devastated with latest news and anxious over when we will get to watch again.
Most of all ... am feeling bad and empathetic towards writer, director, producer and our wonderful casts who have been working hard in giving us a great drama every single weekend over the last 5-6 months.  I would not want to be their situation.  I feel for them.  It is like you have a super important presention to deliver .. you have spent months preparing, researching and crystalising your points ...and right before your delivery to the board you are told you have to sell your case in 15mins instead of 30!  Or ... when you are running a race, 95% through your race... bad weather ... did not allow you to beat your personal best!! 
I feel it is more devastating for the GD team.  They will not be able to finish their story they way they wanted it to.  The actors and actresses will not be able to give their finishing touch the way they wanted... to bring the best out of the love stories they had intended for us.  Imagine having to re-write or change your delivery at the very last moment.  Would get my  adrenalin running high. 
Also the few young ones have not really been given sufficient time to develop their story yet... like DI, HJ and JH.  They have also invested their time.
So... try to enjoy the every bit of what they will be delivering to us at their level best.  Am sure they will try their level best to end well and sweet as they possibly can.
Would like to cheer them on in winning this challenging last race.  And, appreciative of their efforts. Hope at the end it would be a fulfilling race for fhe GD team too.  So we need to stay positive... giving them our support as they have treated us with fantastic work.

No wonder the last few episodes felt so choppy, like another writer took over.  I will admit to some high level frustration, especially with the way DJ has treated JW, but 40 episodes in, I am invested in these characters.   Sigh.  This started out as such a great story about the families, and I am sorry to see it end prematurely and haphazardly.  The actors/production team deserve better.  You'd think some executive would have pulled out his or her brand new LG or Samsung phone and checked the calendar in regards to the the start of the Asian Games, but I guess not.
P.S.  Love the idea that Eun Chan is being homeschooled, such a departure from the norm of School Is All-Important, I really wanted to see him succeed in an outside the box setting, because that's what some kids need.   I loved how GD handled it too, as other family members, like Halmoni got involved with his education.  So cool.  

Guest sullifish

i dont think there is glorious day episode on this weekend because of asian games..because on saturday, asian games air on 5pm KST.. and also on sunday it starts air on 6pm KST so maybe cancellation of glorious day..but other broadcast station like kbs2 still air their weekend drama...
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/09/music-bank-exo-902014-more-friday-weekend-programs-canceled-or-facing-time-changes-due-to-the-incheon-asian-games

1.png

Look as disappointed as I am, as long as the cast are paid for their work then it's fine. I am more freaked out by stories of the crew and cast not getting paid if the shows don't do well. Because the production house don't sell enough CF slots.

gigglessquiggles said: I thought I was going to rest and catch up when they complete epi 50.  But... like most of you, am devastated with latest news and anxious over when we will get to watch again.
Most of all ... am feeling bad and empathetic towards writer, director, producer and our wonderful casts who have been working hard in giving us a great drama every single weekend over the last 5-6 months.  I would not want to be in their situation.  I feel for them.  It is like you have a super important presention to deliver .. you have spent months preparing, researching and crystalising your points ...and right before your delivery to the board you are told you have to sell your case in 15mins instead of 30!  Or ... when you are running a race, 95% through your race... bad weather ... did not allow you to beat your personal best!! 
I feel it is more devastating for the GD team.  They will not be able to finish their story the way they wanted it to.  The actors and actresses will not be able to give their finishing touch the way they wanted... to bring the best out of the love stories they had intended for us.  Imagine having to re-write or change your delivery at the very last moment.  Would get my  adrenalin running high. 
Would like to cheer them on in winning this challenging last race.  And, appreciative of their efforts. Hope at the end it would be a fulfilling race for the GD team too.  So we need to stay positive... giving them our support as they have treated us with fantastic work.

Cheers from our veteran and seasoned GD casts who have enriched our glorious weekend in last 5 months.  Each telling and showing us lessons of what it means and take to build strong foundation for your marriage ... supporting and binding your family together.  Strive and inspiration of a single mother.  Consequence of your actions on others and the next generation.  And... what happens if you don't manage your wife well. Haahahahaa.
More importantly ... remember to love ... no matter what's your age.  There is no age limit nor age requirement to love and to be loved :x :x It will only make your heart smile and dance like Hotel CEO \:D/
20140724_1406171945_06812400_1.jpg
CREDIT: YTN
:x :x 

Archived