[Drama 2014] Triangle 트라이앵글

Guest yeohweping

I quite liked Jae Joong in 'Protect the Boss' and he actually held it together despite very bad writing in 'Dr. Jin' so there is potential there and he does slowly improve. I am just not sure his level of skills is ready for a lead in a melodrama. If it were a lead in a rom-com, I would feel quite assured and know he could handle it, but this?

Maybe if he has taken more acting lessons and has had some guidance. I mean, Kim 'The Table' Hyun Joong went from not having a soul for so many years to suddenly emoting and forming expressions on his face in 'Age of Feeling'. And Jae Joong is in no way as bad as that one was, so there is always the chance he might surprise us.

But I do share and understand the worries too. A lead is a very demanding role and this is a demanding genre. Of course having a seasoned actor or one who has shown excellence in terms of acting before gives much more peace of mind than a relative rookie who has not wowed before.

And I wonder about the character too. The way the descriptions put it, he finds himself at the very top of the mafia, so I wonder if he will be some boss's goon or the actual boss of any gang. I guess it is the latter, since it would bring more angst and melodrama. And if the youngest son's chaebol family is still part of the plot, chances are someone from there will be dealing with the gangsters too. That is going to be one mighty awkward reunion.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if Korea JoongAng Daily is right in its translation, it seems Jae Joong has accepted already?

Jae-joong picks ‘Triangle’

Mar 18,2014article.aspx?aid=29864750

17203207.jpg

Kim Jae-joong
Kim Jae-joong, of K-pop trio JYJ, has chosen to star in the new MBC drama “Triangle,” the broadcaster said yesterday.

“The production team, including the chief producer and writer, has already talked with Kim to share insights about the new drama,” said an official at MBC in a press release.

Local media reported that Kim will join veteran actor Lee Bum-soo and ZE:A member Yim Si-wan, who has emerged as a hot new star thanks to his performance in the hit film “The Attorney” (2013). The three actors will play brothers in the new drama.

“Though it might be risky to cast boy band members for the lead roles in a drama, we are quite certain that Jae-joong and Si-wan have proven that they are as good as any fledgling actors in the scene,” added MBC.

After joining his new agency, Jae-joong has been emphasizing the acting side of his career. In 2010, he starred in the Japanese drama “Hard to Say I Love You,” followed by the Korean drama “Protect the Boss” (2011) and “Dr. Jin” (2012), which also featured Lee Bum-soo.

By Kim Hee-eun, contributing writer

Source: Korea JoongAng Daily

Guest suncine445

Orion said: So if Korea JoongAng Daily is right in its translation, it seems Jae Joong has accepted already?

...While .It would be a good learning curve for Jaejoong to work on this project .I would still wait for confirmation from their agency CJES .it is  the protocol  and norm for all JYJ activities.

Guest suncine445

@Orion, for JYJ case, they have a pack schedules and plan activities  till the end of 2014. Their JYJ album, Japanese album,tours and concerts , Coupled with the solo activites of each member, any project has to be agreeable and smooth flowing to their masterplan ie they as a group JYJ. On top of that there is a limited time frame as they should be enlisting for military soon.

Cjes has a very protective policy to their artistes ie, they will discuss and work on terms and conditions, storyplot etc with respective parties  to get the fair and workable relationship for all involved. Now with so many A rated  veteran actors under the agency there is a wealth of experience and expertise  to tap in the various stages of negotiations.

Going by what we are familiar , for Cjes not to dismiss it outright means the negotiation is going to plan. It should be finalize very soon as they will be having their first script reading within this week or next.

Orion said: I quite liked Jae Joong in 'Protect the Boss' and he actually held it together despite very bad writing in 'Dr. Jin' so there is potential there and he does slowly improve. I am just not sure his level of skills is ready for a lead in a melodrama. If it were a lead in a rom-com, I would feel quite assured and know he could handle it, but this?

Maybe if he has taken more acting lessons and has had some guidance. I mean, Kim 'The Table' Hyun Joong went from not having a soul for so many years to suddenly emoting and forming expressions on his face in 'Age of Feeling'. And Jae Joong is in no way as bad as that one was, so there is always the chance he might surprise us.

But I do share and understand the worries too. A lead is a very demanding role and this is a demanding genre. Of course having a seasoned actor or one who has shown excellence in terms of acting before gives much more peace of mind than a relative rookie who has not wowed before.

And I wonder about the character too. The way the descriptions put it, he finds himself at the very top of the mafia, so I wonder if he will be some boss's goon or the actual boss of any gang. I guess it is the latter, since it would bring more angst and melodrama. And if the youngest son's chaebol family is still part of the plot, chances are someone from there will be dealing with the gangsters too. That is going to be one mighty awkward reunion.

@rubypurple_fan: C-JeS confirmed that JJ will appear in MBC Mon-Tues drama 'Triangle' alongside with Lee Bumsoo and Im Siwan.

@ohmyjunsu: [NEWS] Kim Jaejoong confirmed for MBC's 'Triangle', returns to the small-screen after 2 years http://t.co/QKykCPoiOL
 The one and only Kim JaeJoong...

The one and only Kim JaeJoong...

From JYJ Magazine No.3

http://newsway.co.kr/view.php?tp=1&ud=2014031811005168035

김재중, MBC ‘트라이앵글’ 출연 확정…2년만에 안방극장 복귀

기사입력 2014-03-18 11:04 | 최종수정 2014-03-18 11:04

j0OO0MLuZDDzj_e.jpg

-ohmyjunsu-

Jang Dongchul lived in poverty. In order to survive, he has to live like the weeds in the bottom of the society

-Hannah-

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201403181058461118&ext=da

Guest suncine445

JJ's character name is Jang Dongjoon. He's street smart, growing up in poverty but managed to be at the top of a crime syndicate.

Script reading for #트라이앵글 will happen this week!

cr rubypurple_fan

MBC 'Triangle' three brothers, Lee Beom-soo, JJ Kim, imsiwan confirmed

Bi-iYBpCEAA5SGj.jpg
-yule-
Scattered three brothers who lost their parents have more than 20 years of years lived and did not even know each other's presence again suckered brotherly bond is expected to draw information.
http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201403181058461118&ext=da

CJeS: "Jaejoong is happy to be able to meet a good drama with the best production team. He will do his best to show his three-dimensional charm as an actor through this drama"

http://t.co/5cnhFl9q2e

804092806.jpg?1377698376Cr: jj_pic
class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"Proud of Jaejoong for taking on this role...Fighting! class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"[NEWS] 140318 JYJ’s Kim Jae Joong Confirmed to Appear in ‘Triangle’March 18, 2014 · rilanna

Returning to the Drama World, JYJ Kim Jae Joong confirmed that he will be appearing in MBC’s new drama, Triangle.

35220333.jpg~original

C-JeS Entertainment stated in a press release on March 18, “Kim Jae Joong has been confirmed for Triangle. We’re very happy to be able to work with the best staff in a great production, and we will do our best in this drama to show his 3-dimensional charms as an actor.”

Kim Jae Joong will be playing the character, Jang Dong Chul, the second brother of three siblings who end up splitting after their parents’ deaths. They later meet twenty something years later, not knowing they are brothers.

Lee Bum Soo and ZE:A’s Im Si Wan will play the first and second brother.

The drama will begin in May.

Credit: MwaveShared by: JYJ3

http://topstarnews.net/detail.php?number=54228&thread=0002r0002r0042r0001 JYJ JJ Kim, MBC Mon-Tue mini series 'Triangle' starring confirmed  
BhiKVqjCAAEzrvF.jpg
In addition, the process of trying to find a relationship of love and success are discussed in bloom.

More about Im SiWan "The Attorney" - Im Siwan #ZE:A
Im Siwan Is An Actor Viewed By MillionsBy Staff Writer | January 21, 2014 04:43 AM EST     
Im Siwan Is An Actor Viewed By Millions
 Im Siwan has become an actor viewed by millions through the movie The Lawyer (directed by Yang Woo Seok). He seemed extremely excited. When congratulated for becoming a million-viewed actor, he said, "When I go on portal sites instead of searching my name I search the movie The Lawyer every single day," and laughed. He said, "This was my first time filming in a movie, and I've come to know a site called Korean Film Council. The sales are updated every 12 hours, but I wish I could see the numbers update live time. These days I smile every day while looking at that."
Im Siwan debuted with the group ZE:A in 2010. He's perfectly played the part of Heo Yeom in MBC's "Moon Embracing the Sun" in 2012. From the start he broke out of the stereotype that idols have limits, and proved himself with his acting skills. Thereafter, he starred in KBS2TV's "Man from the Equator," MBC's "Standby," and KBS 2TV's "Waiting for Love" and became even more popular.Im Siwan's filmography is short but sweet. He didn't just stop at dramas, but went on to go on the big screen. He starred in The Lawyer. He said, "When would I ever get to work with Song Kang Ho, Kim Young Ae, Kwak Do Won, and others? It was great luck on my part, and even now I'm very thankful."On November 29th last year, 20 days before the movie premier, a screening was held for the movie. Each one of the reporters, after seeing the movie, commented "Im Siwan is amazing" in response. They had to discard their preconceived notions about the actor. There were concerns on both the reporters and Im Siwan's parts that he would fade into the background of Song Kang Ho's acting. However, his bushy hair, scruffy face, and his fearful demeanor were enough to make him into Jin Woo. Viewers even cried seeing Jin Woo get tortured.
As a continuation of the story, Im Siwan said that he respects actor Song Kang Ho the most. "For now I think I'll be the most influenced by Song Kang Ho. Watching him I've thought to myself 'He's amazing.' But there were even more scenes when I was shocked." He continued, "While I was acting I couldn't muster up some emotions, but I would pretend that those emotions are real. Each time he figured it out. That was really scary. And when I see him acting I can see that he's already looking through the monitor through the viewers' eyes." For Im Siwan even though Song Kang Ho was a scary senior, he was a living textbook that helped guide Im Siwan in his acting.'The Lawyer' was a very big movie that went far beyond my abilities.'Im Siwan has expanded his fanbase through his appearance in The Lawyer. That's because he was able to appeal to a million audiences in their teens to those in their 70s.He said, "I'm so glad that many people have looked positively upon my acting skills. It makes me feel particularly good when older people tell me that they enjoyed the movie The Lawyer." It's understandable that Im Siwan feels this way, especially since he is able to get a response from a different audience than when he would perform as a singer.In order to pull of the role of Jin Woo, who is tortured in the torture chamber, Im Siwan lost up to being 50kg. Not only that, since the movie wasn't filmed sequentially, he had to lose and gain weight from one week to the next. He had to quit drinking and go on a strict diet.Im Siwan said, "It was a movie with a great weight. From the preparation to the actual filming I had to be on the edge. The seniors' presence had a considerable pressure on me, too. The acting scenes were far above my skill level. I already knew all this when I tackled it, so I immersed myself deeply into the work. Even still, since it was above my acting abilities, I had to live in anxiousness and worries during that time."
Im Siwan has been acknowledged as an actor through his skill, and this is just the beginning. We hope that he will continue his acting career in many more movies to come.
Excerpt from KPopStarz

Guest vikirosdli

Hi guys, Im so exiting about this drama. I hope this drama will 20-24 eps only, dont like 50more episode in drama.
btw, who will be the main lead n this drama? the first brother or the second bro ? I dont think the third bro will be the main lead. 

I love how fast the fanart came out. Ahaha. So Jae Joong it is! 'Hero', as we call him with mom. Oh, my mom is going to be very happy. She really likes him. Although she really dislikes melodrama, so I don't know if he and Lee Beom Soo can convince her.

I also wonder about who will be the main lead though. Even when they have more than one leads, someone is usually the first. Of course, being his fan aside, I'd wish Lee Beom Soo would be if we go by what would be best in terms of quality for the series. They can always count on him to lead the rest and carry the thing on his shoulders when they adjust. As I said before, Jae Joong is no way near ready to lead a melodrama, as much potential as he might have, and I will worry a lot if he does.

But on the other hand, Jae Joong has a lot of fans that come with and they might be tempted to have him lead for marketing purposes. That said, Korean audiences do not seem to appreciate idols much and an idol leading a melodrama will, simply as an idea, drive many away. Lee Beom Soo would probably make domestic audiences more willing to join up. So it depends on whether they want this to be a local hit or are gunning for international sales.

Given this is Taewon Entertainment, I am thinking they might go for Jae Joong. BUT, they have still had good actors lead their shows before, so maybe they know the best bet is to have a more "sure" lead. We'll see.

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Jaejoong Turns Gangster for Small-Screen Comeback in Upcoming MBC Drama “Triangle”
102613_Jaejoong2_Newalbumsandsinglesprev

JYJ‘s Kim Jaejoong has confirmed his next drama, which will be the new Monday/Tuesday slot for MBC, “Triangle.” It’ll be his small screen comeback after two years since MBC’s “Dr. Jin” in 2012. 

“Triangle” is a story of three brothers who have lost their parents at a young age and lived apart for twenty years, not even knowing of each other’s existence. The drama revolves around the three brothers coming back together. Jaejoong will play the middle child, Dong Chul. Dong Chul became a member of a violent gang because of his family’s poverty.

The first brother role, Jang Dong Soo, is confirmed to go to Lee Bum Soo, who will be playing a police detective. The youngest brother role, Dong Joon, will be played by ZE:A‘s Lim Siwan.

Actress Oh Yeon Soo is cast as a profiler who will be having a love line with Lee Bum Soo. Her last drama was “Iris 2” in 2013. 

“Triangle” will be written by Choi Wan Kyu, who as also worked on “All In” and “Swallow the Sun.” The drama will be directed by Yoo Chul Yong PD. It is expected to air this May after “Empress Ki” comes to an end.

Soompi

Guest spideysteve

Orion said:
Given this is Taewon Entertainment, I am thinking they might go for Jae Joong. BUT, they have still had good actors lead their shows before, so maybe they know the best bet is to have a more "sure" lead. We'll see.

Archived