[Drama 2014] Triangle 트라이앵글

Guest yeohweping

stuartjmz said: I am now almost ridiculously excited for this Drama. The only reason it appealed was because I knew that the biggest Finno-Greek LBS fan in the entire world would be live tweeting it and posting here, guaranteeing exceptional entertainment that would only get better  the bigger the mess this Drama was. So imagine my rapturous ecstasy when I come in here today and find out that trifling details like who the he.ll's gonna be in it hasn't been sorted yet!  I was a little concerned when I heard that SSH hadn't confirmed yet, but now that it seems LBS will be playing every part, this has hot mess stamped all over it, an embarras des richesses for @Orion to work with. Oh frabjous day!!  =))

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest snowheart

well..it looks most people are in this for the unintentional laughs, so apparantly whatever LBS & SSH act in together is ultimately another Dr Jin which was a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge writing mess..i always give every drama the slightest chance to be actually good, which i don't see others doing for this, ofcourse,everyone can enjoy a drama in his/her own way,so i'm not saying it shouldn't be this way,it's just never before i joined a soompi thread in which i just wanted to make fun of the messy writing or acting or the most people in it were there solely for that reason, so it's new for me..basically just an...observation..

thank you @orion so much for the updates, a superstar indeed..! 

^:)^

snowheart said:

well..it looks most people are in this for the unintentional laughs, so apparantly whatever LBS & SSH act in together is ultimately another Dr Jin which was a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge writing mess..i always give every drama the slightest chance to be actually good, which i don't see others doing for this, ofcourse,everyone can enjoy a drama in his/her own way,so i'm not saying it shouldn't be this way,it's just never before i joined a soompi thread in which i just wanted to make fun of the messy writing or acting or the most people in it were there solely for that reason, so it's new for me..basically just an...observation..

thank you @orion so much for the updates, a superstar indeed..! 

^:)^

• 2 weeks later...

YES! Lee and Im are confirmed by multiple sources again and Oh Yeon Soo will be the profiler!

If Song Seung Heon does sign on, this will be a 'Dr. Jin' and 'IRIS2' reunion. I don't know whether to be scared or optimistic that the combined fail might somehow create something wonderful. :P

Here is the news from Nate.

htm_20140311165009359.jpg

Guest margossari

Yayyyy!

Some news said Triangle first broadcast is in may!

My korean is zero but translated de title in google... son can anyone please translate the news and confirm?

Thank you all in advance :)

이범수-최완규-유철용 '트라이앵글', 5월 첫 방송 확정!

기사입력 2014-03-11 13:12 | 최종수정 2014-03-11 13:12

MBC 월화특별기획 '기황후' 후속작 '트라이앵글'이 5월 방송을 목표로 본격적인 제작에 돌입했다.‘올인’ ‘태양을 삼켜라’ 이후 5년 만에 다시 만난 최완규 작가와 유철용PD가 '트라이앵글'로 또 한번 환상의 호흡을 과시할 예정.'트라이앵글'은 개성 있는 등장인물을 앞세운 멜로드라마로 부모를 잃은 삼형제가 뿔뿔이 흩어져서 이십년이 넘는 세월을 서로의 존재조차 모르고 살다가 다시 형제의 인연을 이어가는 이야기이다. 아울러 인연을 찾는 과정에서 피어나는 사랑과 성공을 다룬다.최완규 작가는 “‘세상이 변하고 세태가 변해도 진실된 사랑의 힘은 영원하다’는 고전적 주제를 새로운 방식과 작법으로 풀어갈 예정”이라고 전했다.삼형제 중 첫째 장동수 역할에 이범수가 출연을 확정지었다. 장동수는 서울지방경찰청 광역수사대 소속의 형사로 유년시절 아버지와 동생들을 잃은 상처를 안고 사는 인물이다.임시완이 캐스팅된 막내 장동준(윤양하)은 갓난쟁이일 때 부잣집으로 입양돼 형 동수, 동철에 비해 귀하게 성장했다. 하지만 언제 파양될지 모른다는 트라우마를 감추려 싸늘하고 냉소적인 모습으로 살아가는 인물이다.문용성 대중문화부장 lococo@

Source:

http://news.newsway.co.kr/view.php?tp=1&ud=2014031113071968640&md=20140311131201_AO

MBC’s melodrama Triangle confirms leads, gets scheduled

by javabeans |

siwan_beomsoo2.jpg

Triangle, the drama formerly known as Hidden and also Three Foolish Brothers, has secured a slot on MBC’s upcoming lineup and also confirmed a few of its lead actors. It’s not a huge surprise since most were previously floated as contenders, but at least we have the final word now.

Lee Beom-soo (Prime Minister and I) will take the lead in this melodrama as the eldest of three brothers, while idol-actor Im Shi-wan (The Client, Standby) will play the youngest. I know it seems odd since the age gap is pretty vast but at 18 years apart it’s feasible, and Shi-wan does have one of those exceptionally young-looking faces (he’s 25). The three brothers are separated in their youths and grow up without knowing anything of each other’s lives, and are brought together as adults. A “story of love and success” unfolds, which is too vague to glean any interesting details out of.

>> Full Article <<

곤곤)v ~~ bello....back to soompi. haha
it's been a year--gonna join this drama's discussion~~for,...some...obvious....reason. :)

**hmm..yunsoo got another "foreign school graduate" role...i just hope there won't be any "English-Korean" convo in the drama...haha
i don't want to expect more, so long as there won't be cliches or be lessen at least -- hahalooking forward~Triangle 화이팅!~

kyungri said: 곤곤)v ~~ bello....back to soompi. haha
it's been a year--gonna join this drama's discussion~~for,...some...obvious....reason. :)

**hmm..yunsoo got another "foreign school graduate" role...i just hope there won't be any "English-Korean" convo in the drama...haha
i don't want to expect more, so long as there won't be cliches or be lessen at least -- hahalooking forward~Triangle 화이팅!~

@Orion - team eye sex ftw!.~hahaha~ 8| ...lol. 
for the second lead/brother, ~~gangster look? Uhm Tae Woong can be a candidate for me.
--in terms of popularity, i think the 3 of them are just balance. hmm...now i'm being curious about it also. haha

kyungri said: @Orion - team eye sex ftw!.~hahaha~ 8| ...lol. 
for the second lead/brother, ~~gangster look? Uhm Tae Woong can be a candidate for me.
--in terms of popularity, i think the 3 of them are just balance. hmm...now i'm being curious about it also. haha

It took a while but this series has finally showed up on my radar and it's all because the awesome OYS joined the cast :D The plot does sound somewhat familiar but if I braved through Bad Guy just to get a glimpse at the lovely miss Oh I guess I can handle another "long lost brother turned gangster vs prosecutor/cop sibling" type of story :).  (If SSH does end up joining the cast I suggest we make things easier for everyone and call this East of Eden 2 :)) )

P.S. I hope everyone is breathing easy now that the manliness of the thread is covered :D

victorb said:   It took a while but this series has finally showed up on my radar and it's all because the awesome OYS joined the cast :D The plot does sound somewhat familiar but if I braved through Bad Guy just to get a glimpse at the lovely miss Oh I guess I can handle another "long lost brother turned gangster vs prosecutor/cop sibling" type of story :)).  (If SSH does end up joining the cast I suggest we make things easier for everyone and call this East of Eden 2 :)) )

stuartjmz said: Having avoided East of Eden because it exceeded my 50-episode theshhold, I will just say that  (a) I agree totally with you @Orion that entetainment, however obtained, is key and remind you, @victorb,  that (to paraphrase the old adage) "on the internet, no one knows if your manliness is covered" - although I choose to believe it is.  

stuartjmz said: Actually, on second thoughts, it would be better not to cast the Anglo as a deaf-mute to hide his inability to speak or understand Korean. Instead, if JRW can wow the fans and critics alike in Salaryman  by swearing like a trooper in her thick Aussie accent, give the gimp tourette's as well, and have all his dialogue be Yeo Chi style, but in an even stronger Kiwi accent. Since the KCC wouldn't be able to understand a word of it, it would have the added advantage of being a way for LBS to show them a middle digit for their "help" with his last Drama. 

victorb said: stuartjmz said: Actually, on second thoughts, it would be better not to cast the Anglo as a deaf-mute to hide his inability to speak or understand Korean. Instead, if JRW can wow the fans and critics alike in Salaryman  by swearing like a trooper in her thick Aussie accent, give the gimp tourette's as well, and have all his dialogue be Yeo Chi style, but in an even stronger Kiwi accent. Since the KCC wouldn't be able to understand a word of it, it would have the added advantage of being a way for LBS to show them a middle digit for their "help" with his last Drama. 

Orion said: 'Giant' tried that combo and the girl ended up being the "innocent one", of course. A Yeo Chi-like middle sister? Who grew up to be a gangster? I'd give my left metaphorical testicle to see that, in a world where drama cast women in roles mostly written for men and it would be worth seeing.

On the other hand and in a closer universe, my 'Salaryman' OTP love is so strong I'd prefer to see them as a couple again. Foul-mouthed detective sounds good enough too. Plus, she won't get hell for taking up the spot made for abs and male angst.

But given the disaster this series has all over it and the fact the women don't even seem to matter much to the creative team, I don't want Jung Ryeo Won to touch this. She needs a good drama. With a proper female character. Lee Beom Soo can take the fail, he's taken plenty. I'm not letting him take my girl down with him unless it's down and dirty and in a good drama.

victorb said: I wouldn't be all that worried about the casting schedule or the story since we are 2 months away from the premiere and that's a lifetime in Kdrama production terms. (Just as long as they don't throw in a bad guy with a lifelong grudge against the brothers that will most likely end up dead in the most ridiculous way :)) )

Orion said: This is by Taewon Entertainment. The ones who did the 'IRIS' franchise. The ones who murdered their own work (my review here) and apparently got a lot of money back through it, despite reviews and ratings being bad. I really don't have high hopes now that I know they are the company behind it, even if I had some hope before knowing that.

And please expect the villain, he/she is a must in melodramas. That whole "lost father and got separated from his brothers" business is screaming baddie.

Archived