[Drama 2014] Gabdong - Memories of Murder / Gap Dong 갑동이

StaRix

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the tvN site where the above poster's image came from (thank you for that).

It seems to be a work in progress. I am very looking forward to this series and I hope they handle the topic in a considerate manner. Remember, this is based on a real case and a relatively recent one too. Fiction always needs to be careful and respectful when handling very painful and real issues. I don't want to see more cheap tricks like the one SBS pulled with the fake missing child poster for 'God's Gift'. They need to tread lightly.

Yoon Sang Hyun gets ready to track down a murder in official poster for 'Gapdongi'

'Gapdongi' will join the trend of thrilling mystery dramas as shown in its official poster!
Yoon Sang Hyun plays the role of Ha Mu Yeom who is the chief corporal of the Iltan police department. Ham Mu Yeon investigates the cold case of a serial murder that took place twenty years ago with his own father as the main suspect. He joins Sung Dong Il, Kim Min Jung, MBLAQ's Lee Joon, and Kim Ji Won in the drama.
'Gabdongi' takes place in the make-believe city of Iltan where the suspect of a serial murder case Gabdongi is being tracked down by detectives. The drama will be directed by 'Cheongdamdong Alice' and 'I Hear Your Voice's PD Cho Soo Won.
The drama will premiere following 'I Need Romance 3' on April 11 at 8:40 PM KST!
allkpop

I believed this drama will follow Emergency Couple on Friday-Sutarday slot...i think they said they wanted this one because the theme is more dark and in place of I Need Romance would be Witch's Love wich is more light...if it will be on 11 April it's on Friday ;)

Miky88

said:

I believed this drama will follow Emergency Couple on Friday-Sutarday slot...i think they said they wanted this one because the theme is more dark and in place of I Need Romance would be Witch's Love wich is more light...if it will be on 11 April it's on Friday ;)

This drama will be a good one. Esp with cinematography etc. Its still on april and we already have a poster teaser, BTW and all. I hope it means we will have a good drama with many tiny details and complex but well built story.
Oh and have I mentioned, I really love Yoon Sang Hyun's new hairstyle. He look... man... haha...Really love his short cut hair. Give a rough-tough vibe :x :x

Yes it will follow Emergency Couple. Here is cut from DramaBeans

DRAMA CASTING & NEWSFirst look at detective Yoon Sang-hyun in serial-killer drama Gap-dongby javabeans | March 7, 2014 | 20 Comments

gapdong_1.jpg

‘Tis the season for serial killer thrillers, with tvN’s Gap-dong preparing to join the mix in another month. (Fine, so there’s only one other serial killer drama out right now, God’s Gift, but can we agree that having serial killers running loose in dramaland in any sort of plural form is a lot?)

Gap-dong—which is based on a true story, shivers—is about a serial killer who never got caught during his (her?) murder streak in the 1980s, who only resurfaces twenty years later after the statute of limitations expires. Thankfully our hero, Yoon Sang-hyun, is a cop on the job with justice on his mind—or maybe payback is the greater motivator, as his father was wrongly accused and became the principal suspect in the original case, eventually driven to suicide over it.

Thus in the poster above, his tagline reads, “Thank you… so you were alive…” After all, there’d be no satisfaction in nailing the guy if he were already dead, I suppose. He became a detective directly because this case, so I’m picturing him being relentless and single-minded, perhaps to his own detriment. (Kim So-yeon in Two Weeks comes to mind.)

Though Gap-dong takes the infamous Hwaseong serial murders as the basis for its story, the drama unfolds in a fictional city of Iltan (the crimes are known as the Iltan serial murders in this world). Yoon Sang-hyun begins his hunt for the resurfaced criminal, known as Gap-dong, as a detective in Iltan Police Department’s violent crimes unit. The drama is directed by PD Jo Soo-won of I Hear Your Voice and written by Kwon Eum-mi of Royal Family, so I expect some solid tension and suspense. Also in the cast are Sung Dong-il, Kim Min-jung, Lee Joon, and Kim Ji-won.

Gap-dong will follow Emergency Couple in tvN’s newly created Friday-Saturday drama timeslot, and premieres on April 11.

gapdong2.jpg

Archived