[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

favoree said: PaulK said: Dami is not as nice as she looks nice. The actress, now pushing 30 but sharing the rookie actress award last yr with IU because they did not want a singer to win it all for herself, has something dark in her eyes. I will not be surprised if dami kills SJ just to keep him from hooking up with HW. A little money from HW's enemies won't hurt.

Guest ocdee

GARRGHH. I just saw ep 6 and can we just talk bout their skinship? And how EVERY SINGLE TIME it's so LOADED with multiple meanings, and how that changes even from second to second, frm POV even?? One minute there's pain, and longing, the next is godknowswhat, then SUBMISSION, then RELIEF!! 
THAT FRIGGIN' HUG man. I JUST CAN'T deal! I'm just...  
tumblr_m2ar5irl4p1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

I too was a bit unsure about the husband realizing what was actually going on @briseis but then came the scene in the morning where he reads the message on HW's phone (kind of a richard simmons move if you ask me) and that convinced me that he knows but chooses to ignore the situation as long as it helps his career because as you said HW does bring out the best in SJ when it comes to music.
 Honestly I was expecting the husband to be blissfully ignorant about the affair but this approach works too especially if they're trying to emphasize the lack of romantic feelings between HW and her husband.
 If it turns out he was indeed thinking that HW stole his student then this guy really doesn't care about HW, I mean what kind of student-mentor relationship involves secret meetings and cheesy messages about jogging in front of her house just to get a glimpse of her face :)).

victorb

said:  I too was a bit unsure about the husband realizing what was actually going on @briseis but then came the scene in the morning where he reads the message on HW's phone (kind of a dick move if you ask me) and that convinced me that he knows but chooses to ignore the situation as long as it helps his career because as you said HW does bring out the best in SJ when it comes to music.

Honestly I was expecting the husband to be blissfully ignorant about the affair but this approach works too especially if they're trying to emphasize the lack of romantic feelings between HW and her husband.

If it turns out he was indeed thinking that HW stole his student then this guy really doesn't care about HW, I mean what kind of student-mentor relationship involves secret meetings and cheesy messages about jogging in front of her house just to get a glimpse of her face

:)

).

Guest ocdee

Ethlenn said: sally_b said:
Yes ~he's definitely beefier than he's been in any previous role and I hope with all the brooding and gritty atmosphere that there'll be a much needed shower in his future.

Yes, HW's husband is sneaky and I guess he is thinking hard for his professional level's advancement( how to take advantage of HW's weakness(SJ) and SJ). But in a way, I guessed he is this sort of man.  But Dal-mi's flipping side of her personality and her behavior makes me feel uneasy. She has a dark side well hidden even in front of SJ. she is a psycho! Even HW happened to find it out, she is not in the position to warn SJ about the girl, is she? The girl is dangerous, she can harm either HW and/or SJ without a blink of her eyes. SJ and Dal-mi's relationship is somewhat vague... were they romantically involved? Is that why SJ call her his GF? or he decided to call her his GF in front of HW to make HW jealous? Even if he treats her only as a friend, she is convinced herself that SJ is the one for her,,, this kind of obsession is scary. Once SJ starts involving himself with world of piano, his world would not be shared with her small world and I am sure she is scared with the possibility even now I bet she will do anything to bring him down to the living that they used to. 

Guest tinybelle

cr. Amanda from outside-seoul.tumblr.com

"I can’t get over how deft this show’s storytelling is. The beginning of this episode gives us exactly what we need: a peek into everyday life as it’s lived by Hye Won and Professor Kang. We’ve rarely seen them together as husband and wife, especially during casual down time like this car trip. As a couple they’re not so horribly dysfunctional, although Hye Won clearly spends all her time babysitting him or soothing his ego. This is the piece of the puzzle we needed to put her actions in context and understand what her relationship with Sun Jae is competing with. (Not much, as it turns out.)

Secret L o v e Affair, 5

Boys in their early twenties wash their sheets for one reason and one reason only: They think they’re going to have a girl in them. And Sun Jae is washing his sheets. Pretty much everything these two do is like foreplay—will we get consummation soon? (After all, what’s the point of having a secret love affair if you don’t have an affair?)"

Exactly, that's why I feel it has been all ambiguous because there were instances of both. Frankly, it looks like it will turn out that KJH will know but will ingore in roder to fulfill his ambitions. In the end, this is another proof that their marriage doesn't mean anything else but a way how to make a career because so far it looks like he is more vexed by the fact that HW is stealing his student than "having" an affair. It's kind of sad realisation that your husband is more angry to lose your future lover than you and it tells as in what kind of cold and empty marriage she has lived so far. 

Helloooooo @briseis! Remember me??? I thought you were just great at researching on hanbok and Korean Joseon fashion, little did I know that u r just as great an analyser of drama plots!! In fact all u chingus are too!! I love reading everyone's views and thoughts here and then going back to spot the highlighted nuances and rewatch the episodes with a whole new perspective!

Anyway, I've been too busy to write but I've accumulated some burning ques and just need some answers:

1. When HW kissed SJ was she really meting out (some ridiculous) punishment or could she not contain her attraction to him anymore and just hadda do a tongue & lip assault. (Its totally understandable if she were staring at his chubby luscious lips the whole time! Kekeke)

2. So why did HW suddenly decide to turn up at SJ's home. Surely not just to lecture him about his career plans right? Or was it really the case becoz she needed an opportunity to re-establish and reinforce her role as a teacher and mentor? Or was it just a case of her missing him?

3. That pause by SJ when HW asked for a hug. There are 2 very persuasive analysis in this forum abt the reason for the pause - (a) he wanted to protect HW and be the initiator of the adulterous affair instead of her (B) he didn't like HW's mummy vibes when she extended her arms for a hug. So which is it? I've been watching the snippet from my tiny Note3 so I've not been able to micro analyse further.

4. And when SJ paused at her hug request, what was HW thinking? Again some solid analysis here but not conclusive. I felt that she was embarrassed like "oh man, this cutie baby is rejecting my hug, maybe he thinks I'm too old or desperate..." as opposed to "oh man, I think he wants to hug me sensually...I better run!" Which is it?

I've got more ques but gotta run now. I'll be back later!

Guest Knov1

akikoz said:  Yes, HW's husband is sneaky and I guess he is thinking hard for his professional level's advancement( how to take advantage of HW's weakness(SJ) and SJ). But in a way, I guessed he is this sort of man.  But Dal-mi's flipping side of her personality and her behavior makes me feel uneasy. She has a dark side well hidden even in front of SJ. she is a psycho! Even HW happened to find it out, she is not in the position to warn SJ about the girl, is she? The girl is dangerous, she can harm either HW and/or SJ without a blink of her eyes. SJ and Dal-mi's relationship is somewhat vague... were they romantically involved? Is that why SJ call her his GF? or he decided to call her his GF in front of HW to make HW jealous? Even if he treats her only as a friend, she is convinced herself that SJ is the one for her,,, this kind of obsession is scary. Once SJ starts involving himself with world of piano, his world would not be shared with her small world and I am sure she is scared with the possibility even now I bet she will do anything to bring him down to the living that they used to. 

tinybelle said: cr. Amanda from outside-seoul.tumblr.com

"I can’t get over how deft this show’s storytelling is. The beginning of this episode gives us exactly what we need: a peek into everyday life as it’s lived by Hye Won and Professor Kang. We’ve rarely seen them together as husband and wife, especially during casual down time like this car trip. As a couple they’re not so horribly dysfunctional, although Hye Won clearly spends all her time babysitting him or soothing his ego. This is the piece of the puzzle we needed to put her actions in context and understand what her relationship with Sun Jae is competing with. (Not much, as it turns out.)

Secret L o v e Affair, 5

Boys in their early twenties wash their sheets for one reason and one reason only: They think they’re going to have a girl in them. And Sun Jae is washing his sheets. Pretty much everything these two do is like foreplay—will we get consummation soon? (After all, what’s the point of having a secret love affair if you don’t have an affair?)"

Guest tinybelle

Craxycat said: That is the thing...it is like just a hug is almost like as serious as 'going all the way' so I was asking myself (sacrilege I know) if these two even need to go the whole way. They are so hot just hugging! Now I for one would wanna know (to take a line from one of my fav. Twi drama's 'Mars') 'How strong his back is', but it might break the screen if it is hotter than that hug yesterday. 

Guest leezassi

briseis said:

victorb

said:  I too was a bit unsure about the husband realizing what was actually going on @briseis but then came the scene in the morning where he reads the message on HW's phone (kind of a dick move if you ask me) and that convinced me that he knows but chooses to ignore the situation as long as it helps his career because as you said HW does bring out the best in SJ when it comes to music.

If it turns out he was indeed thinking that HW stole his student then this guy really doesn't care about HW, I mean what kind of student-mentor relationship involves secret meetings and cheesy messages about jogging in front of her house just to get a glimpse of her face

:)

).

Guest missenjo

Hello everyone! 
First timer here! 
First of all, i just wanna say thank you to each one of you, you really made my day reading your comments, analysis, and whatnot of this drama and the couple.

Just seeing these two people make me so happy and giggly all day, is it weird? :))
This is my first time seeing Kim Hee Ae and Yoo In Ah acting, and boy, i'm sold from the first episode.
And maybe this is the first time i'm happy that they planned to make this into 20 episodes (most of kdrama, i left it half done, and just reading the rest from any recap).

I think to choose Kim Hee Ae and Yoo In Ah to play is the best decision, since in my opinion, KHA is beautiful and really elegant, and she oozes charisma, but not like Kim Hye Soo if you know what i mean, not lusty at all, and somehow it makes it hotter. 

Thanks again for all your posts, chingus! I can't write beautifully like you do, so i'll be back lurking contently from my seat, giggling and smitten by the charm of this drama, this couple, and your guys amazing reviews! :D

No preview for 7?! :((

I can't believe KJH found out about them already!  In my head, he knows.  He doesn't know to what extent, but he knows that they have more than just a teacher/student relationship.  I think we're all in agreement that he just seems so shady after that episode.  My theory is that he'll keep quiet as long as he can get all of the credit as being the teacher of a prodigy. 

When KJH "suggested" SJ play the song that HW clearly suggested earlier, I saw that as him testing the waters a bit.  HW said the song wasn't his style, so it's likely something KJH would never have thought of on his own.  Then he tells her something like, "you should tell him to play it".  HW declines and says that her husband should be the one to tell him.  That conversation right there, I think, was the deciding point for KJH to be ignorant to the affair (for now).  HW wasn't trying to take credit for choosing the song, even though we all know it was her idea.  She let her husband take the credit, and that seems to be enough for him.  I don't think he's happy that this is going on, but he'll let it go so long as he gets what he wants in the end.

Dami....oh Dami.  You've a bit of cray in you don't cha?  That scene was kinda funny for me.  DM is from the streets, so to speak.  She's not gonna let some snobby rich girl get away with sticking gum on her forehead.  The part with DM threatening and tormenting the girl in the toilet wasn't even the part that made me think she was a bit off.  It was how quickly she turned off the violent tough girl mode and switched on to being cheery and all smiles once she saw HW.  I mean...that's a little scary.  I worry for HW....

I'm chuckling a bit just thinking about it again but did it seem like HW was checking out SJ as he was cleaning the floor?  I mean, the camera gave us a really good view of his backside, and why not check him out? :D

I am feeling really bad for HW now.  SJ went through a rough time with his mom dying, getting rejected and ending up in jail, but now it looks like it's time to see how difficult HW's life can be.  Her bosses are toxic.  SJ and her friends are the only good in her life right now, and she can't even be open about SJ.