Han Chae Ah 한채아

Seultoria

Oh, they had the press conference then, huh?  I guess it's about time for that, if the show's starting Monday. :)  I'm surprised no one posted anything about it in the drama thread yet.

And yeah, you missed one!
PQfRo6k.jpg
source
(She's adorable.  I couldn't resist posting one more.)

I was just looking at KBS World's youtube channel, trying to figure out the delay for the dailies they sub.  It looks like it's about 2 weeks, give or take a day or two.  They're on episode 109 of the drama in that time slot that ended today (at episode 120).  I assume that they'll sub this one too, but I guess we have to wait a couple of weeks to find out for sure. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ecs707a lmao ikr, I was like "Why hasn't there been a press con yet?" Then I saw Sung Hyuk's twitter/IG updates haha. I was wondering the same about the drama's thread. It seems like there's more people there too. I was hesitant to post the (drama-related) updates I posted here onto there as well because I was thinking someone else was just gonna do it :3 Also because I'm shy to join larger threads lol
And thanks for the additional photo! I added it to the album :D
I really like the article title ♡
I was thinking the same about the subs. I have KBS World on Channel 44 (I live in LA) and when I was going through the channel guide I saw that they're still airing My Dear Cat all this week. I think the KBSW YT updates match the KBSW TV broadcast updates as well. It starts two weeks later (Dec. 8) on KBS World (TV) so maybe the YT will start posting the subs at that time as well ^^ 

with some new material! If KBS is being a hater for you too you can't view it, try this link ^^
KBS World updated the synopsis too:
The birth of multi-family living under the same roof!

There is a tremendous growth in the number of single households and people who choose to live in a shared house for economic reasons.

A woman who used to be a producer but ended up being a market vendor; a middle aged woman abandoned by her father and family; a single daddy and a foreigner; people with different stories are gathered under the same roof in attempts to save money.

Among them, a daughter and a wife feeling left out by their families embrace the wounded hearts of each other. This drama features people from different backgrounds becoming a family and reminds audience what the true meaning of family in this generation is.

• 2 weeks later...

The Human Condition | 인간의 조건: Living on a Shoestring Budget – The First Episode (2014.12.03)

Just watched this yesterday. :)

Did anyone keep track of how many episodes she was in?  Was she in just one more episode after this one?

@ecs707a I watched this too ^^ I completely forgot to post it here though because I saw the tv version lol (but they cut a lot so it's better to watch the YT version) Thank you :)
She also appeared in the episode after (original Korean air date- 141115 [ep 87]) I haven't found any full videos for it though (only Lizzy's or SJ's cuts) , not even raw x___x I'll just wait for KBSW ^^
--
KBSW character bio for Song Do Won:

Popular producer at a cable broadcasting company.
She is famous for her line in the show, "Then, let me try this food."

Being raised by single father, she grew up as a bright woman.
Yet, this optimistic woman has a secret. She has been missing her mother who abandoned her and hides her longing for mother from her father. She believes when she shows up on TV, her mother will recognize her. One day, she finds a writing from her mother and decides to find her.

Having worked hard more than anyone, she has turned 30, but she has never dated anyone. Then, she meets this famous chef Lee JiGeon to cast him for her program and she starts to feel something she has never felt before. He seems to be a playboy who asks her out so easily, but she doesn’t feel unpleasant.

The Human Condition | 인간의 조건: Living on a Shoestring Budget – The Second Episode (2014.12.10)

Still one more episode after this one, it looks like.

Edit:
Last one...
The Human Condition | 인간의 조건: Living on a Shoestring Budget: The Final Episode (2014.12.17)

• 2 weeks later...

Not bad for her first variety ^^ I figured she'd fare well since she's got a good sense of humor & she's really playful
Also on weibo I saw a post from a Chinese-Korean beauty program called 미려밀마/美丽密码/Beauty Code (not sure if you can see it w/o an account though). I looked up the title and was only able to find a teaser for the show (since it's a new program) and a teaser for the episode where she appeared (same video from the weibo post). It's from a month ago but there's no full episodes available after episode 2 (she was on the 6th one, and they just aired their 9th one)

I just stopped by because I've been enjoying Han Chae Ah's current drama, You Are the Only One and remember her fondly from My Love, My Family and Ooh La La Couple (although I only watched that one until the lead couple changed back to their former selves.) I'm happy to have stopped here because I just waatched the first episode of Human Condition and found it to be very fun. =D> Thanks for sharing and best wishes to Han Chae Ah in her current drama and in the future... :)>-

@robbo4 Hi! Thanks for stopping by ^^ "Ooh La La Couple" had a pretty meh ending in my opinion, so I don't think you really missed out lol
Han Chae Ah, "Bride of Christmas" Wedding Pictorial Released
ig0IKzhcbjadE.jpgibsURd3JaswanR.jpg

via xsportsnews
The article pretty much talks about her hair and makeup. It will be the January 2015 issue of InStyle Weddings! ^^ Other articles titled it with "Winter Goddess" or "Snowy Bride" and I like those better than "Christmas Bride" lol

Guest iamacik

hi, new fan here ^^
i was introduced through recent "human condition"and she was so awesome in that showcompared to other actresses who kinda bored me with their shyness in variety shows, she's pretty entertaining to watch
so i backtracked her works and man...she's a really good actress, especially as ueno rie in bridal maskas for her new daily drama, i'm not really fond of makjang storyline tbh but i think i'm still gonna give a try to watch her performance lol
i'm more interest in her upcoming movie with park kiwoong "made in china"i love korean movie more than korean drama coz of the unpredictable storyline which lack in most dramas anybody know when the release date??

@iamacik Hello ^^ "Made In China" was released during the 2014 TIFF (Tokyo International Film Festival) back in October, but I'm not sure if it will be making its way overseas ;___; I really wanted to watch it too. 
I can't stand makjang either but she's good in this drama haha. I like her performance and delivery, and her character is just so cute ;u; tumblr_nh4l4iLlos1tag5y0o1_500.gif
(I actually just giffed this right before visiting the thread but I thought I should add it here too haha)

Guest iamacik

@RoxyBeeh I did watched her recent daily drama in this past few days...and i kinda wish its romantic comedy drama instead lolShe's pretty good in funny scenes...i especially like her relationship with her dad and jigeon before all the makjang rich vs poor storyline came lolThe good thing bout this drama is the male lead is confident from the beginning that he likes her and the female lead trusts him about their r/shipUsually when involving family matters, the male lead always had to follow his family's wish 1st before his heart...and thats pretty annoying to watch lol
I think what i like about her acting is she's quite a versatile actorShe can do both protagonist and villain character perfectlyAnd i love that she can expressed her character's emotions through her eyes alone
Btw, i think it kinda a bit weird the way her career goes in the last couple of yearsusually actor tends to do daily drama at the beginning for public exposure, then goes to kdrama, then up to kmovieshe went from kdramas to daily drama and at the same time do few moviesi find it quite interesting lol

@iamacik Yeah I think it would've been better as a romantic comedy too hahaAnd I agree about the male lead! I'm glad he's acting like a grown man unlike other dramas lol
I like what you said about her being versatile too because she was always good when she was second lead. She's definitely lead role material so I'm glad it finally happened :D
Actually her first drama was a daily (MBC "Elephant" back in 2008) ^^ but she had a smaller role. But that's true, her career seems to be going the other direction for everything else lmao. I guess since she was always second lead in literally almost all her dramas, that was good enough exposure (rather than being a really really small role)? I'm surprised her first lead was in a daily though, but at least we get to see her 5x a week haha tumblr_nh4trbypOA1tag5y0o1_500.gif

Guest iamacik

@RoxyBeeh oh really? i just follow her works from bridal mask onwards so i'm not sure bout her old dramas lolIs she that good before bridal mask? coz with her performance in that drama, i think she's good enough to land lead female role 

Tbh, after bridal mask, i thought she's gonna get lead role in dramas but sadly she was still cast as 2nd leadSo i'm glad at last she got the 1st lead role now..and since she's also in movies too, i think more people started to recognize her talent as actor
Yeah the good thing bout daily drama is we get to see her more lolAnother thing, i like that this drama revolved around her life more than the male leadBut i can't stand acting performance from 2nd female lead, *sorry lol*....i dun mind her evil character but i think you can still be evil without opening your eyes widely every time you talk lol...Idk, her acting is too unnatural to me, same with Dowon's mom

@iamacik I actually only watched one of her dramas that was before Bridal Mask (there were five) because the older ones are harder to find >< It's called Hero and it had nine episodes. I really liked it because she played a detective and had lots of action scenes ^^ She kicked a lot of guy's butts haha. If you're interested, here is where you can watch :)I watched everything after Bridal Mask too (except "All About My Love") and I thought she was good. She's second lead in all of them but she was really sweet in "Marry Him If You Dare" and "Ooh La La Couple," so it was easy to like her character (although in OLLC her character was kind of dense haha). But she wasn't mean, which is rare for a second lead female.
"i like that this drama revolved around her life more than the male lead" YES ME TOO!!! I'm glad a female is the lead between the leads (if that makes sense lol). Usually they're focused on the male lead more.
and omg high five about the second female and her mom... we don't seem to be alone because a lot of people comment on how creepy her eyes are hahaha. And as for her mom, she seems to exaggerate her movements really awkwardly. Like you said, it's unnatural.

I'd  like to add two observations regarding your observations, you guys: First- The villians in these dramas are usually required to show exagerrated facial expressions which have been part in parcel with television and stage dramas since their invention. The "bad guy" has to let the camera know what he, or she is thinking without saying it aloud. So overacting their roles is allowed. It helps us to know who to hate without even reading the subs. X(
Second: I've had to learn not to let myself become frustrated when some of my favorites tend to repeatedly get cast in second lead parts despite always giving first rate performances. :-?? For example: While it  doesn't stop her from giving outstanding  performances (and usually scooping up some end-of-the-year hardware at the award ceremonies! ^:)^), the actress who is my avatar, Lee Yoon Ji, is almost never the defined lead in a drama. =(( Year after year, and production after production sees her knocking the ball out of the park while always being the "bride's maid." The same can be said for actor Lee Pil Mo. Second billed, but clearly the star of the show. =D> It can be exasperating, to say the least. ~X(
On the other hand, it's generally the second lead who has the meatier, more comlex character, so the players get the chance to grow in three dimensions while the lead plays it straight. Me, I watch a great many of these dramas by following around the veterans in the cast which include many great senior talents (such as Kim Hye Ok, Lee Hye-sook, Kim Hye Sook, Shim Hye Jin, Park Jun-keum, etc.) who I know will always keep things interesting. Han Chae Ah is the lead in this recent drama and she has earned this through her consistant supporting performances. Patience is often rewarded for a job well done...:)>-

Lots of new posts since I've last been here!

I still haven't watched the last two episodes of The Human Condition.  The first one was funny, so I definitely will.

She was at the KBS drama awards yesterday.  Did she present an award too?  I have been totally out of the loop lately.

A few photos:
svZFZhb.jpg
K1Aiigy.jpg
8V3jHGK.jpg
sources: 1 2 3

I love that dress.  But I kind of wish it was a different color.  Less beige-y.

A short video of her arrival:

credit: KUKITV

Um, what was that at 0:23 there, cameraman?  Haha.

Happy new year, everyone!

Archived