Han Chae Ah 한채아

Seultoria

Guest iamacik

@robbo4 yeah the villain always has this exaggerated expression in most kdrama, which is one of the reason why i rarely watch kdrama especially the makjang ones lol....honestly i prefer jdramas more than kdramas anyday :x 
You mentioned a really good point about 2nd lead female character...usually they're more deep and diverse than the lead ones, which is a good measurement to know their capabilityIt kinda sad actually when we stan korean female actress coz there were not much unique character that will truly challenge their acting skills, especially in kdrama
@ecs707a she looks good at KBS drama award....yeah she presented some award there
i saw this on her ig...i guess it's for KWAVE magazine(?)gorgeous pic btw ^^10895321_619422394851660_333252910_n.jpg
cr chaea_han ig

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest iamacik

@robbo4 lol I guess I'm a villain coz sometimes I just love rooting for bad guys character...mainly coz they're smarter than d good guys haha

Yeah she's good but I kinda cringing at her acting cute lol..and I must say she really can cry A LOT

Tbh I prefer if she acts as villain like ueno rie in bridal mask compared to her character now as dowon..it'd be more exciting to watch

@ecs707a I wonder why they keep screening that movie in international film festival but not at Korean cinema... I think d 1st one was at Tokyo film festival rite?

• 2 months later...

Aw, happy birthday to one of my favorite actresses! :)

I guess everyone's watching her drama lately and that's why no one's here?  I only watched a couple of episodes.  I think I have no hope of ever watching the whole thing, lol.  Maybe when it's over someone can give me the highlights, like, watch these specific scenes in these specific episodes.  I'm lazy.  Someone help me out.  I don't care about spoilers.  ;)

On the news front...looks like she's the exclusive model for a Doori Cosmetics shampoo (댕기머리).  Here's the website if you want to check it out.  They've got her and her fabulous shiny hair hidden here and there.

Photos:
tQhmdEx.jpg
giqA2PK.jpg
photo sources (and articles about the modeling contract): newsen, shinmoongo

Two versions of the CF (let's see if youtube videos are working today...):

And two making videos:

all videos from: 두리화장품댕기머리

Hmm.  Guess the answer is no, youtube videos are not working today.  Direct links until they are working again: CF 1 2; Making 1 2

• 1 month later...

Made in China is finally going to be released in Korea!  @iamacik, you have an answer now.

Kim Ki-duk’s ‘Made in China’ confirmed for June release

The sixth movie written and produced by director Kim Ki-duk “Made In China” will be released in Korean in June.

LxcWYVV.jpg

The movie follows the events surrounding a Chinese man named “Chen” and an agent of the Korean Ministry of Food and Drug Safety named “Mi.”

Both “Chen” and “Mi” are after the truth surrounding the level of mercury found in eels imported from China.

“Chen” will be played by Park Ki-woong and “Mi” will be played by actress Han Chae-ah.

The character played by Park, who played a North Korean spy in the movie “Secretly, Greatly,” is after the truth, while “Mi” is a government employee who needs to hide the truth.

By Choi He-suk (cheesuk@heraldcorp.com)

source

Edit: here's the other new still, and the larger version of the eel one, haha

C6XvxcR.jpg

iSeNFLp.jpg

from daum

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jang Hyuk, Han Chae-ah courted for period drama The Innkeeper

by javabeans | July 3, 2015

janghyuk_145a.jpg

My first reaction to hearing about this possible casting was that it sounded perfect, so here’s to hoping that Jang Hyuk (Shine or Go Crazy) and Han Chae-ah (Mi-rae’s Choice) sign on to KBS’s upcoming period drama The Innkeeper, offers for which both actors have received and are currently considering.

The Innkeeper is a sprawling historical saga based on a ten-volume novel, serialized from 1979 to 1982 in Seoul Shinmun, featuring the lives of tradesmen in the late Joseon era. The drama centers around a man who inherits a defunct inn, who comes from humble beginnings and turns himself into a top business magnate. If they sign on, Jang Hyuk and Han Chae-ah would play love interests, though there’s not much given about her character aside from her being a lead.

Read the rest on dramabeans

Chae Ah has an offer for her first lead role in a prime time drama with Jang Hyuk titled Gaekju.

Oh, yay!  And sageuk?  Kim Jong Sun is directing, and it looks like that's what he specializes in, so at least there's an experienced director attached.

I've never watched any of the dramas this director had a part in (except for maybe 1 episode of Gwanggaeto), but it's reassuring that sageuks are his specialty. Jang Hyuk is great, so I'm hoping the writing holds up so that Chae Ah's first leading role is a success.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like she's confirmed!

"The Inn" to come after "Assembly"
2015/07/15

photo613869.jpg

SM C&C's "The Inn" is coming after "Assembly".

"The Inn" is about Cheon Bong-sam, the descendant of a late merchant family, starting off as a barker in the market to become a wealthy merchant. It is based on a historical novel which was published in the Seoul Newspapers 1,465 times in 1979.

So far the cast includes, Jang Hyeok, Yoo Oh-seong, Kim Min-jeong and Han Chae-ah. Jang Hyeok plays Cheon Bong-sam and Yoon Oh-seong plays Gil So-gae, Cheon Bong-sam's rival.

Kim Min-jeong plays Mae-wol, a shawoman and Han Chae-ah is Jo So-sa, a beauty who falls in love with Cheon Bong-sam.

The drama is produced by Kim Jong-seon from "Dae Jo Yeong" and "Gwanggaeto the Great" and is written by Lee Han-ho and Jeong Seong-hee.

Meanwhile, "The Inn" will be broadcast in September after "Assembly".

source: original / English

Hmm.  "Shawoman"?  Is that a thing?  Haha.  Oh well.  Despite the weirdness of the translation, she does seem to be confirmed, so yay!

• 3 weeks later...

Script reading (source)!

dcd2BpL.jpg

She looks so pretty.  I'm glad she didn't wear an ugly hat like everyone else. :)

From dramabeans:

Time to check back in with KBS’s upcoming period drama Master of Trade—Inn 2015, which was formerly titled simply The Innkeeper. The drama stars Jang Hyuk (Shine or Go Crazy), Kim Min-jung (Gap-dong), Han Chae-ah (Oohlala Spouses), and Yoo Oh-sung (Joseon Gunman), and the script reads apparently took place a few weeks ago, although we only recently got the photos from the reading.

The reading reportedly took place over a whopping 13 hours, which sounds insane; I hope they weren’t all stuck in one room the whole time, though with a full cast numbering 80 actors, I can see it taking that long to get through everyone. The drama follows the main character (Jang Hyuk), the inheritor of a defunct inn in the late Joseon era, who then works his way up and becomes a great merchant, while challenging the established ways of commerce that favor corrupt deals between government and business.

The Korean word in the title literally means inn, though the multi-volume novel on which the series is based was translated as The Innkeeper. But since they’ve tweaked the title, we’re going with the more literal translation. The “2015” of the title may be a bit confusing since the drama is a historical series, but I suppose it helps to differentiate this one from KBS’s 1983 drama, which was based on the same source material.

read the rest here

Is there a drama thread yet?  I've been too lazy to look.

• 1 month later...

Some press conference photos for The Merchant/God of Trade/Innkeeper (or whatever we're calling it these days):

HHXiyZ3.jpg

qzX5X7l.jpgY63kDx6.jpg

x3UOQiF.jpg

And the straw...lol

AxQvuNV.jpg

Oh, that's why she's waving around a straw :)

NEqWx1U.jpg

sources: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Drama starts next week already!  There are too many upcoming shows I want to watch.  Hmm...

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hiiii Han Chae Ah's thread!  It's been a while!  Here's an interview with the rest of the cast of Part Time Spy:

credit: ARIRANG K-POP

I was wondering not too long ago when that movie was coming out.  I guess the answer is: in a couple of weeks!  Here are a couple of stills and the poster:

1r9gkgV.jpg

Aie0iqy.jpg

Spoiler

KRFLc0u.jpg

mGovM2E.jpg

credit: naver movie

Archived