[Drama 2014] Emergency Man and Woman / Emergency Couple 응급남녀 (JH + JH's interview on p627)

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to say that I miss CJH's naughty smirk as he did a lot in EC... He didn't do it much in FTLY, more because of a different character... But his smiley eyes.. aawww... I miss him... Still enjoying EC now... Ep 11 now, still laughing and crying to see our OH-OH couple...I hope this drama will win an award!As I have posted before, I learnt a lot from this drama... Especially about love, and appreciating relationship...OK.. gotta work (while still peeking at EC every now and then) now... :)) :)):) :) :) :) :)

[Eng/Chi Sub] 140826 Song Ji Hyo @ Emergency Couple FM in HK (Report+Interview)

http://dai.ly/x257emd
cr: H.K TVB Mandarin Entertainment News report. 

Disclaimer
**This video is solely for comprehension purposes and 
   commercial use is restricted 
**PLEASE DO NOT REUPLOAD THE VIDEO 

Please share the video with full credit
English translation : gapiplus  
Timeline & Special Effect : gapiplus

[Eng/Chi Sub] 140901 Star Talk Song Ji Hyo exclusive interview

http://dai.ly/x257dq8
video source: youtube@andywong1986 
cr: H.K J2 Entertainment News report.

Disclaimer:**This video is solely for comprehension purposes    and commercial use is restricted**PLEASE DO NOT REUPLOAD THE VIDEO

Please share the video with full credit: English translation : mongji-fan (tumblr) and gapiplusTimeline & Special Effect : gapiplus

[Eng/Chi Sub] Song Ji Hyo promos Emergency Couple on J2 

video source: recorded by 壹陸玖@Song Ji Hyo Baidu barcr. TVBJ2
Disclaimer**This video is solely for comprehension purposes and commercial use is restricted **PLEASE DO NOT REUPLOAD THE VIDEO 
Please share the video with full creditEnglish translation : gapiplus Timeline & Special Effect : gapiplus 

Thank you everybody for keeping EC alive and the many updates!   SJH looks nice in HK fan meeting .  It’s too bad CJH wasn’t there with her. What a tempting idea of seeing them together in RM as OHOH couple but that would be too much to ask.     How about SJH and CJH as the team in RM!!

image   Thank you @frankreich
CJH and Park Jon Geom appeared in MBC Happy Together3 (9/4)(EP362)   We are still waiting for eng sub for it.
sx4cyYH.png

gZSzxpr.png
otO4a7I.png
5sSAmP4.png

cr to DC

It looks like Lee Pil Mo and Kang Shin IL will be in an upcoming drama, Pinocchio 피노키오.    
 ( In case some members are not aware that CJH appeared in Grandpas Flower Investigation as cameo and Byun Hee Bong was GFI as old halbae in it.)
변희봉·강신일·이필모, '피노키오' 출연 확정 (9/7)
http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2014090515030617643&outlink=2&SVEC

EC will be broadcasted in Japan Oct 11. CJH did an interview for it.
Thank you for the collaborative effort by @celes80 (found the Japanese article and later translated it) and @PolarisCat ( acquired the magazine containing an article)   I’m reposting them. 

phase1:

@celes80 said:     By the way, there is a short article on CJH in Mnet Japan's Sep issue (韓流 Mnet 2014.9). The headlines says that EC will be broadcast in Japan in October. (11 Oct to be exact.) So there is a special interview on CJH on his role in EC. Unfortunately, as with all J magazines, they seldom put it online and I can't read off such a low res photo. @PolarisCat, you are very resourceful. Anyway you can find a copy of it anywhere so I can read it and maybe translate it out?
http://auction.rakuten.co.jp/item/10040224/a/10015111/

phase2:  

@celes80 said: 

@PolarisCat, thanks for sending me the Mnet Japan pics. I've re-posted it here for the Soompi folks.
Sorry folks... I've been very busy these few weeks and so I am lazy recently with translating stuff... I only did a quick rough translation (paraphrased) for the below article in Mnet Japan. It's not a word for word translation like I used to do previously, but the gist of the article is still there... nothing new that we don't already know though... Nonetheless, I hope the J folks like EC as much as we do here and he wins more fans over in J.
ZpxZbEx.jpg

1.       Please tell us why you decided to act in EC?

Until now, I have always played serious, solemn characters. And so, I had wanted to take on the role of someone bright and cheerful. It so happened that EC came up during the time. I read the script and thought it was extremely interesting and so I decided to take on the role.

2.       What is charming about this drama?

First, I think that this is a drama that the viewers will be able to empathize with. It is a drama based on the hospital setting, so that is also a rather fresh concept. I think that the comedy scenes are also very interesting. Song Ji Hyo and I have played too many serious characters. And so, both of us had wanted to challenge ourselves by playing bright, cheerful characters in this romantic comedy and present a new image to the viewers.

3.       How was it acting in a medical drama?

When I was acting in “Pasta”, I was constantly worried about the cooking scenes and whether or not it looked awkward. Since then, I would always think twice before taking on professional roles. In this case, the drama was based in the hospital, and so there has to be some realism as to what we are filming. I am acting as an intern, so it is still OK if I screw up. But taking on the role of the ER chief, acted by Lee Pil Mo, would have been very difficult.

4.       How much does “Chang Min” resemble you in real life?

I am actually very playful and child-like at heart. When we were filming, I thought about how I would play with my friends, and the character “Chang Min” came out naturally. Chang Min is like a young, innocent kid, who has strong feelings towards the things he likes or hates. That part of him resembles me a little when I was younger. But when Chang Min fights with Jin Hee, he tends to use foul language and hurts people with his words. That part of him is not like me at all (laughs).

5.       How was the atmosphere during filming?

On set, it was a very happy atmosphere. Although the schedule was difficult, everyone supported one another to complete the drama. The staff were like my family. There were many times when Song Ji Hyo and I had to film until the break of dawn and we had to arrive on set early, much earlier than anyone else. All thanks to everyone, the staff and my co-stars, the filming process was fun and cheerful, and it was a very happy atmosphere.

6.       I heard that the filming schedule was extremely tough….

The veteran cameraman who had more than 20 years of experience had said: “This is the first time I’m encountering a punishing schedule as hard as this.” It was truly difficult to stomach such a hard filming schedule. But everyone supported each other by saying “Just a little bit more”, and that was how we were able to continue filming.

7.       Please leave a message for the viewers of Mnet.

To all the viewers of Mnet, EC will be showing on Mnet from October. Please support the drama! The entire cast and the staff worked very hard together to produce this drama, and we are very happy to present it to you. Thank you very much!

Guest mdolphins

Thanks @booha for taking time out to translate the article, you are awesome. I am settled now, just need to unpack boxes and find places to put all of my stuff. I look forward to getting a chance to chat regularly with all of you again.

Regarding EC, I feel sad that it was not up for an award. While the drama wasn't perfect, I think the whole message of reconciliation of a divorced couple was really touching. CJH and SJH did a great job bringing out much more than just comedy, they made me care about them...deeply... almost to the point of insanity. I have watched this drama numerous times and that is a rare thing for me. I tend to drop well over half of the dramas I start out of boredom.

Anyway, I hope the Japanese viewers come to love and appreciate it as much as we all do. Hugs everyone.

Guest Melvin Nanang

(Good news) Actor Choi Jin Hyuk is currently in talks to star in

the upcoming drama “Pride and Prejudice.”

On September 16, the actor’s agency, Red Brick

House, revealed, “Choi Jin Hyuk is in the middle of

positively reviewing a casting offer for MBC ’s new

Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Pride and Prejudice.’”

Ive watched this show because of song jihyo.. Im a big fan of her since running man ... She a girl to be to admire.. She is literlly something .. She has that charm that makes everyone wants her to like her... I must say she's amazing... The emergency couple is worth watching .. Didnt expect that this show is gonna be so good.. Great job everyone... Fighting!! :x :x

[Eng/Chi Sub] Song Ji Hyo promos Emergency Couple on J2 (2/2)

video source: recorded by 壹陸玖@Song Ji Hyo Baidu barcr. TVBJ2
Disclaimer**This video is solely for comprehension purposes and commercial use is restricted **PLEASE DO NOT REUPLOAD THE VIDEO 
Please share the video with full creditEnglish translation : gapiplus Timeline & Special Effect : gapiplus 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest mdolphins

In honor of Choi Jin Hyuk's new drama (Pride & Prejudice) I thought I would post this just to show how high the chemistry bar was set between him and SJH. I wish him success in his newest endeavor.

Guest chaybags55

@mdolphins‌ yes I think their chemistry is unbeatable so far! I would say, he is a kind of actor that can develop chemistry with whoever he is paired with..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tiffany.shin

Omg Clara and Yoon Jong Hoon were featured on America's Next Top Model (season 21 ep 14) this week! Hehe the contestants had to act out a particular scene and the show featured Emergency Couple has a "very popular Korean soap opera"!!!! How awesome :) hehe Clara was adorable on the show! Sorry I don't think im allowed to share streaming links on the forums but yeah i'll include a screen shot! They filmed at Namsan Seoul Tower where all the promise locks are :)ScreenShot2014-11-22at40424pm.png

Archived