[Variety] Happy Sunday -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) S3 :KBS 1N2D S3 MISS ALL MEMBER -STAFF EXCEPT JY :PAGE 447 END MARCH 2019

I think I'm slowly transitioning into acceptance stage. Last week I was still in denial and couldnt believe it. Kim Joo Hyuk was my least favourite member of S3, but when he quit the show, I realized that I missed his humor, awkwardness and presence. He even blamed himself for being a burden. But those were his charmness. I like that he didn't try hard to be funny, yet he still looked funny. 

I'm a bit relieved when jjy said he has to continue living. Because i'm worried with the current condition of the members, especially Jjy. Afraid that it might affect their health.

Iniatlly, I was really dissapointed when the Kbs strike still persists since it affects our lovely show. Everything happens for a reason. Since the show is still on hiatus, it gives time for the members and staff to grieve. Should the strike ends and they resume filming, i hope nobody makes a fuss about that. As Joohyuk said, he hoped that 2d1n will never end. So do us, the viewers. I hope that the staffs and members will become more stronger, support each other and work hard together, hence bring more success to 2d1n. :)

Off topic, i just found out that Jjy has a niece and nephew. I know that he has an older brother, but never know his brother was married. His niece and nephew are so cute. Looks like the kids inherited eyebags from the family. Lol. I didnt follow Jjy ig before this so not sure if he ever posted photos of the kids. His recent trip to Vietnam back in June was actually a family trip with his parents and his brother's family. I thought he went alone. Found out when i scrolled his sister in law's ig. Btw, his SIL also posted about KJK death. :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, lyd89 said:

Joohyuk's high school junior from the trip posted on facebook about him, talking about how he contacted them to gather together for a meal after their entrance exams if they were not busy.

Source: https://m.weibo.cn/u/6317358189

The user is compiling related SNS posts about Joohyuk and translating them to Chinese. You can also see some from the 1n2d staff. I can help to translate them if someone really wants to know but I cannot guarantee accuracy and speed. I'll try my best.

The original SNS source can't be found on the website since they are blocked so you may have to find the original post on the web by yourself.

Thans for the link. Eventhough I don't really understand the content (since it written in chinese and I am using google translate), but so many Kjh news, post, written by his friend and colleague. It help me to feel better and remove away the sadness I feel until now.

• Sad 2

Watching the special episode for Gutaeng hyung was a roller coaster emotion. I laughed at the beginning, so many funny moments when he was on the show and then I cried especially during his video message and the members'. I wonder where Joohyuk filmed his last video message. The crow's sound was so loud and it was the only thing I could hear in the background even tho' he filmed it outdoor.

It's nice to hear that all the staffs who worked with him on 2D1N involved in the editing for this episode even tho' they're not part of the show anymore. They wanted to show their love and respect to him for the last time. So I guess Hojin PD also involved in the editing.

@artwork1980 I'm sure Donggu understood why he wasn't involved in Joohyuk's special and is kinda left behind during this mourning period. He was not a part of the show when Joohyuk still there. Even tho' I think the other members had dinner with him and Joohyuk together so he knew him quite well and that's why he looked so sad when he came to the wake. But still Joohyuk wouldn't rush to meet Donggu because he thought he had a hard time like he did to Joon Young. Donggu will or maybe has realized how 2D1N family and viewers treat each other even before Joohyuk passed away.

@ixora6  Yeah, Jung's family has strong genes lol. Joon Young and his brother really look alike. Joon Young shared a clip of his niece a few weeks after she was born but deleted it not long after. That's the only time he posted his brother's kids on his SNS. Joon Young is the type that rarely share his family's picture. He's also like that with 2D1N family. He doesn't post many picture with them even tho' he has ton of pictures with them. I think he prefer to keep them as his private memory rather than share it to public. This is one of few pictures with Joohyuk that Joon Young shared.

• Like 3

I dont think DG was forgotten. Its likely his choice and its likely they all, PDs and members, discussed this special tribute at the wake. Though DG is likely acquainted with JooHyuk, it is more behind the scenes, and also something we suspect with no confirmation of how well they truly know each other. No doubt, JooHyuk was a very kind and warm person, and we can see in the New Year greeting ep, JooHyuk and DG talked as if they knew each other. But whatever it is between JooHyuk and DG, it cannot surpass the 2 yrs JooHyuk had with the staff and other 5 members. In front of camera, what we’ve seen is, DG and JooHyuk had little to no connection, and it will seem weird if DG were to suddenly give his tribute. He cant look not sad, and he cant look more sad then the other 5 members. Its an ambiguous position for him. My opinion is DG probably chose to step back and not to intrude in this special tribute to JooHyuk’s fans and ppl who loved the period of 1N2D before DG joined. It is likely he himself asked for it because no way would any of them want to purposely leave him out without his knowledge. DG understood, and his fans understood, so just accept this as his form of respect and gift to JooHyuk’s fans, in memory of JooHyuk. 

• Like 8

Update on KBS Strike

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=102&oid=079&aid=0003031536

According to the article, KBS union will temporarily halt the strike, and members are likely to return to work from the 10th. (nov). CEO Ko Dae Young had said that he is willing to resign soon as the amendment of law is passed. Apparently, some new law amendment is being processed by the gov since June, which will reduce the hold the govt have on broadcasting. There are 2 groups of unions, and one of the union is agreeable to suspend the strike on the condition that CEO will really resign, as he said, when the new law is being passed. Othws, they will resume the strike. The head of the union will work to pressure the govt to quickly pass the new law.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@montanari @blackberrypie aaaaah... 

don't take too seriously about what i said about donggu. it was merely a playful turn of phrase, since the biggest mention for the past week were about our mathyung and maknae, whereas, donggu received very little coverage, even when he was with the rest of the members at the wake. it's about visibility to the public, thus the forgotten part.

and of course, nothing much can be done about his lack of appearance in the tribute, since he wasn't there from the beginning and only share the same airtime during the new year episode. the man of the hour is kim joo hyuk, after all.

at the same time, donggu could do no worse than to follow gutaeng-hyung footsteps. to let go of his actor's persona and just be himself, taking trips with his buddies every 2 weeks. it can be seen that he's slowly doing so. those biting sarcasm from time to time showed that they've grown at ease with each other to not be bothered about childish crapshot. just need to be as lazy as the rest and we're set. hehehe...

• Like 1

Hi. I know some of you have shared your thoughts/feelings about Gutaeng hyung's passing after a week, but I still want to ask how y'all are doing? How are you coping these days? This thought just came by to me cos I think if I ask, maybe it could make you feel a little better knowing someone's checking up on you despite me being a complete stranger. I hope you all are okay, and just keep going. :)

As for me, being a viewer and a fan for only a little over six months, watching the tribute made me smile the whole time thinking how he looked so lively throughout his stay on 2D1N. I just couldn't help but break down on the members' message on the last few minutes. But still, I was half crying half smiling like crazy knowing how much the members and staff love Kim Joo Hyuk. He will be remembered forever. ❤

• Like 5

^Stil sad about the passing of Joohyuk oppa. Rewatching the first few episodes of the 3rd season and it's bittersweet. I'd laugh as hard as the first time I've seen those episodes, but I'd catch myself tearing up. I didn't expect I'd be hit this hard by the loss of Kim Joo Hyuk. If I feel this way about his loss, I can just imagine how the people close to him, especially the members and staff of 2D1N, must feel. 

• Like 4

@kyunsangtrash Recovering when i believe he's in a good and happy life before he left us .. He's struggling during 2D1N but he loves it.. it keep him growth and lively.. Love from others members gives him a spirit to move on and pursue his goals. His slump became bright after he met them.. during write this my eyes teary, he will always in my mind. A movie star becomes Gutaeng Hyung was a memorable for us .. Thanks so much guys.. i cant share this feeling with people around me, i have no one .. you guys here . cheer me up sometime ..saranghanda chiguya..thanks soo much :)

• Like 2

@kyunsangtrash

I decided to watch old 2d1n episode when JooHyuk still there, and it help me to recover and remove this sadness. Now , I avoid to watch/read anything about his accident, wake or funeral, I just want to see happiness part of his life.

I really thank to HoJin pd or KBS who bring him to the show. 2d1n really give him a part that missing from his live. At end of his life, I think he doesn't feel lonely anymore. And really thanks that we can see other side of movie actor KimJooHyuk that we never see before, a side that make his 2d1n buddy (and we of course) smile and laugh.

After watched 2d1n again, I realize how much HoJin PD, and other buddy help him through his awkwardness in the show. HoJin often give him spotlight, Defconn who call him a national babo, JongMin who suggest Kjh to do ice/cold water game, TaeHyun who suggest him to sing, etc, so that viewer give more attention to JooHyuk (since he got 0 person in popularity vote) :lol:.

I think the show will not the same again as he left forever (same when he left the show at 2015), but as JooHyuk said , he want the best for 2d1n and doesn't want the show end. I hope that too. So people will always remember JooHyuk when they saw 2d1n.  

* as I new in this forum, I don't know how to tag user name in my post...sorry...I will learn again..

• Like 4

@kyunsangtrash I made it ! Finally learn how to mention !

I made an account here since so far this is the place I found to have the least drama in english sphere of korean entertaiment.. I want to practice my English writing. used to live in Korea, did part of my undergraduate there. My family lives abroad most of the time. I am now in Scotland, while the rest of my family lives in many part of Asia. All of us used to enjoy Happy Sunday programs while eating our dinner. We all love Jongmin, and was saddened when he had to leave for military. Tbh most of us dislike s2, but keep watching because that's just tradition. Now that we live apart, we keep watching via net and such. 

When season 3 begins, I remember I read some post in DC gallery about probable cast members. I know everyone, except JJY (bro chirped we share the same country of birth). I was stunned to see KJH name. He's just a 'serious' actor. Just can not see him in variety at all. My family is fond of some of his movie. We talked about it in our chat room. But at that time our most immediate attention was to Jongmin, plus hopping the maknae PD can deliver some magic to revive the program.

That he did. And more. My whole family was sitting for dinner in Korea. I have not been home for months. We were watching the epq which Gutaeng hyung was born. It was a blast. All that I can say is that 1n2d was a family thing. Living apart with time differences is hard. I can not say good morning to my parents in the right time. But every weekend we tune in, apart, me and bro in our phone, parents in their tv. Then we talk about it in our chat room. Bro will browse Naver while I browse any fansite then both of us post meme or anything to have another laugh. 

I do not know how I cope, to be honest. I think visiting this place daily, reading any of your post is one. Like I said before, I am in an illness that corrodes my mind and body. I cried after so long. When the fact that he is death singking bits by bits (I keep browsing naver), the suicidal part of me actually thought 'how nice'. He is in a good place now. I myself believe in afterlife. And how I adore him. He is just someone that is adorable and gave me so much laugh when nth else did. So I pray that heaven gives him the best. 1n2d always is a murky place that reminds me of better times, then the bitternes that those times are long past. But no matter, I do laugh. I do think that my reluctance to watch the spécial eps comes from my own messy sense of death itself. I get that he is dead. I get that now watching 'spring will come to you as well'-subtitle the crew loves to pin to KJH (I do not know how kbsw translate it) will leave a foul taste, a sweetness long gone for me. I feel bereaved. Today is the first day I speak about him in the past tense (met my psychiatres). It does come easier than before. Perhaps tomorrow I will wake up and have let him go. But today I have not, but at least I take a step forward. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I’ll have to say, initially i did feel sad and sorry that JooHyuk’s life ended so suddenly and tragically. But since then, i have seen so many ppl comments about how sad, how poor thing, etc etc.. im beginning to have different thoughts. I also came across a clip of JooHyuk’s interview where he mentioned how he would want to be remembered. I cant rmbr where i see this... but anyway, he said, he wanted ppl to say he had lived a good life, and he was a good person. This had made me feel even hurt whenever i see ppl saying what bad luck he had, or what a misfortune..

Honestly, life is short. Life is unexpected. And no one can tell when their time is up. So rather than looking at what Joohyuk could have achieved, i’d rather look at what he had achieved, in his short life. And he had done fabulously. He lived the life he wanted. He wanted to be an actor, even against his father’s wishes, and he did. He even won an award recently! Though it wasnt his intention to be a variety entertainer, he somehow became one in 1N2D, and he received lots of love for his time in 1N2D. Even after he left the show to continue focus on his dream job as an actor, he is still much loved and mentioned in 1N2D. Not only that, he made many friends through 1N2D, the members, staffs, etc. He also somehow become more well known not only locally, but also internationally, which accelerated his acting career somehow. And in his final year, he even met a girl he loved and who loved him. News about his accident and death shocked the whole nation and even crashed Naver. Though its not a good news, but it even surpassed Song couple wedding news, TWICE comeback news and Lee Seung Gi return from army news, ranking in top search in Naver for the whole week. It was such a big news in Korea, it was even reported in International news sites like BBC. I dont think there were this many attention on any death of other Korean actors so far. The amount of attention and love he got showed how well he had lived, how many ppl loved him, and what a fine man he was in his lifetime.

Im saying this because i also hoped to fulfill his wish. As he wanted to be remembered, he had indeed achieve it, in all the ways that mattered. He was a fine man, and he had lived a good life. He did what he wanted and he received much love. Lets just remember him that way, instead of the misfortune. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

There are tons of them....

There's his first elephant nose

His first kanari

His first muscle cramp

His first twingkling eyes when he sees maknae Writer for the first time

His first awkward talk with Jun yeong

His first worker strike (one where he doesnt want to do another elephant nose and yu hojin had to take his place)

But i favor one time when he truly show how generous of a person he is. The backpack hiking special. When he wouldnt trash anything he caried because he know one of the other member definitely will toss something. Its better for the member to use his stuff then him using theirs.

#RememberThisMember

Edited by sakuranohibi
  • Like 7

49 minutes ago, sakuranohibi said:

There are tons of them....

There's his first elephant nose

His first kanari

His first muscle cramp

His first twingkling eyes when he sees maknae Writer for the first time

His first awkward talk with Jun yeong

His first worker strike (one where he doesnt want to do another elephant nose and yu hojin had to take his place)

But i favor one time when he truly show how generous of a person he is. The backpack hiking special. When he wouldnt trash anything he caried because he know one of the other member definitely will toss something. Its better for the member to use his stuff then him using theirs.

#RememberThisMember

I'm re-watching from ep1 onwards now and still enjoyed it as much as last time though i know we missed him more.

I'll name one in this episode.

Ep1: He 'pretended' that he knew nothing about setting up fire or wood cutting.. BUT, never expected him that he was that good at wood cutting. Start of the show, he got 0 votes during popularity test. Towards end of show when they were giving out 2D1N pamphlets to the public, he looked so happy when they recognised him as Kim Joo Hyuk ssi :D

Next, your turn.. ^^

#RememberThisMember

• Like 3