♣ Young Do x Rachel (Kim Woo Bin & Kim Ji Won) ♣

RanP

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gaeulai

I've almost lost hope for this couple since so far the show hasn't exactly flashed a green light to us YD/RC shippers but I was just wondering that would the writers really give them lines like "you can date me" if they wanted nothing to happen between these too? Idk, to me it would seem kind of pointless. Unless they're doing on purpose to torture us -_-  :D

Oh, and loove this gif sets! <3

*sighs* looking at all those gifs make me even more frustrated thinking of what could have been, we could have had everything, the sexy, the passion, chemistry all over but no, we're dead end with the stupid kdrama rule and stereotypes.

Don't give up hope guys, we might not get an ending with them together but who knows it could still happen. Or it could be an ending kind of left open to interpretation. Either way we might get some cute moments now that they both seemed to have realized that they will never get Tan or Eun Sang

Guest CtyNg11

Guys I hated this episode so much omg of course KES would TOTALLY crush our otp and have Rachel end up with the wrong guy I cannot fathom this atrocity I am so done with this drama -____-
I mean Rachel and Youngdo were just so OBVIOUS how could KES have NOT put them together they are literally the korean version of Chuck and Blair and I'm sorry guys but....KES just totally ruined this for me

Hello, lovely shippers! I have two confessions:
1) I actually liked the Hyoshin-Rachel kissing scene. Because while I ship Rachel with Youngdo, I like her with Hyoshin (and Won) as well. The kiss may not have been Rachel's best revenge move, but it was her knee-jerk reaction, I can forgive her that. Also, despite the wide-eyed shock, it's waaaaaaay better than any of the Tan-Eunsang kisses. :P
2) Youngdo grabbing Rachel's collar (and immaculately beautiful hair!) made me cringe. I'm NOT a fan of the patented Kdrama wrist grab--the only instance I can recall tolerating it was Go Namsoon grabbing Song Hakyung in School 2013, and that was because she was so stubborn and he was only trying to stop her from walking into a (figurative) lions' den. This is even worse. And IMO, this collar-grabbing was a worse hit to the ship than Rachel kissing Hyoshin, since the kiss was about revenge on Tan, while the collar-grab was about Youngdo showing Rachel in no uncertain terms what he would do to her for the sake of Eunsang.
It's truly sad that the writer is trying to convince audiences that Candy Girl Eunsang is so wonderful and lovely and perfect (*yawn* oh rly? as if) by showing that both Tan and Youngdo would be willing to hit a girl for her--and not just any girl, but a girl they had a history with. I can never understand the mentality of Kdrama writers to pit the heroine against every other girl, having all the guys choose her over another girl (like Tan and Youngdo both chose Eunsang over Rachel) or value her as a friend over their girlfriend (like Chanyoung ditching Bona for Eunsang). 
And I'm just appalled that while everything Eunsang does or doesn't do is tolerated by too many viewers on basis of "she's just a poor girl who can't do anything else," the same consideration isn't afforded to Rachel simply because she's the female rival character. Yes, Eunsang played around with someone else's fiance because she's a plebeian who doesn't understand the world of heirs. Yes, Eunsang threatened Bona with a sleepover at her boyfriend's because of dire straits. Yes, Eunsang is so passive in her relationship with Tan because she's powerless. Eunsang acts the way she does because she's only working with the circumstances of her existence.
HOWEVER THE SAME COULD BE SAID OF RACHEL. As a girl who had been treated as a prize bargaining chip by her mother since Day One, who had grown up without any love, who had only ever seen dysfunctional rich families and how they cut each other down--is it any wonder that she acts the way she does? Viewers keep excusing Youngdo as a poor lost little boy, as if Rachel is any different. Is the usual kdrama viewer just so conditioned to think: Leading Lady = Flawless, Leading Man = Jerk with a Heart of Gold, Second Leading Man = always a nice guy even when misunderstood, Second Leading Lady = always a b****? Regardless of what's actually happening in the drama?
This drama, both watching it and following discussions of it, is just too draining. I'm still looking forward to Kim Jiwon and Kim Woobin's scenes together (and for them to be coupled in a drama someday), but right now I don't even know if I can stand to read recaps. (Who am I kidding--I'll read them. I'll just be annoyed the entire time.)
If the Youngdo-Rachel cuts project pushes through... that will be the most awesome thing to come out of this fandom.

Archived