[Variety] Grandpas over Flowers 꽃보다 할배

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nikkisjs said: @czakhareinaFor some reason, I didn't get the notification. Sorry for the late reply!
Jay Chou. Another one of my favs. I saw him first in the movie "Secret" *_*
Wow, there're so many options, i'm wondering whom will they sign up! :|
Edit : What in the...what? :o
http://www.soompi.com/2014/04/29/fxs-victoria-will-appear-on-the-chinese-version-of-grandpas-over-flowers/

Guest bacom

Thank you so much @rubie for your wondreful gif. I love Seo-jinnie's bedhead :)
There's one question that keeps popping on my mind watching 1n2d and GoP, do members never have time to brush teeth when they wake up? I always see they get ouu of bed and get straight to the breakfast activities. Talking about major morning breath :)

^ I'm sure it was all edited out for broadcast except the part to especially highlight an au naturel Seo-jinnie, make-up wise (he probably trying not to be late sending PGH sunbaenim off ^^). The halbaes are always so impeccable in the morning, they're used to waking up earlier than everyone else and getting breakfast -- maybe it's just me, just love to see what they eat. Although during the overnight train travel.. they did look a bit ruffled from sleeping in the tiny compartments. >.<

Guest bacom

Hulu just TROLL me big time. I'm so happy to see ep 7 subbed but when I click on, NADA, only a message saying sorry next time :((

Source: OSEN

201405031636775441_53649c93d79dd.jpg
“Grandpas Over Flowers” Releases Preview Before Conclusion of Series
http://www.soompi.com/2014/05/03/grandpas-over-flowers-releases-preview-before-conclusion-of-series/#.U2UknoGSwsA

Guest bacom

Thanks to you gif @rubie that I can catch a peek, lol that he does have a tiny bit of soft tummy. No wonder there's no front side shower scene in WD :D

Grandpas Over Flowers' Lee Soon Jae reveals he wants to treat Girls' Generation's Sunny to a meal

Lee Soon Jae revealed he told Girls' Generation's Sunny, who he was able to bond with on 'Grandpas Over Flowers', that he would treat her to a meal sometime like the sweet grandpa he is!

On the May 3rd broadcast of KBS 2TV's 'Entertainment Relay', the reporter asked, "I heard you called Sunny and told her that you would treat her to a meal. Is this true?" Lee Soon Jae shared, "I did say that once... But I couldn't meet up with her yet."

The reporter then gave him some basic Girls' Generation trivia, asking, "Do you know how many members are in Girls' Generation?" Lee Soon Jae honestly replied, "I don't know",to which actress Go Doo Shim responded, "You don't know how many members they have yet you told her you would treat her to a meal?" Lee Soon Jae jokingly replied back, "But it must not be 100 members", bringing laughs.

Sunny also gave a shout out to Lee Soon Jae sharing, "You're doing well, right? Girls' Generation has made a comeback."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiuOhdTb4cA
credit allkpop

@czakhareina

Turns out Liu Ye is the "Luggage boy" in Chinese GoF! :|I don't really know anything about him, except that he's married to a French photographer. (They're also travelling to France)
Re : F(x) VictoriaAren't there any Chinese celebs?I too don't have anything against her.
Oh well, I  don't think i'll be tuning into this.

Sorry if this is not quite the thread for it.. unless there's a movie thread or actor's thread up for the topic..
May 5, 2014
Park Geun-hyung one-ups Ajusshi in Grandfather by javabeanshttp://www.dramabeans.com/2014/05/park-geun-hyung-one-ups-ajusshi-in-grandfather/

jay20140505202333_I_05_C_1.jpg
All hail halbae power! I love that the grandpas of Grandpas Over Flowers are getting some late-career love—not that they were unknown before, having worked for decades in familiar dad, uncle, grandpa, and scary CEO roles in all your dramas ever, but it’s lovely to see them getting to be the heroes for once. We’ve got the upcoming tvN drama Flower Grandpa Investigation Unit, and now we have Park Geun-hyung (or Geun-hyung halbae, as he’s known affectionately around these parts) headlining a thriller movie titled Grandfather which basically sounds like Ajusshi a few decades later.
The story is about a grandfather who dives in to rescue his granddaughter when she falls into danger. Park Geun-hyung plays a Vietnam War veteran, and his character will “overflow with charisma,” which you’d already expect if you’ve ever seen him act. He has revealed such a sweet-doting-husband and cuddly-teddy-bear personality in Grandpas Over Flowers that you’d almost forget that he’s built a career playing fearsome chaebols or stern patriarchs (some of his many dramas include Empire of Gold, The Chaser and Daemul; he’s also currently in an MBC daily, Mother’s Garden).
There’s no mention of what kind of danger is involved and what exactly our gramps will have to do to save his granddaughter, so it’s not a guarantee that we’ll see lots of (or any) action. And I can see him playing a hardball mofo using nothing more than a well-placed stony glare. But wouldn’t he kick major as.s as the action hero? I’d love to see it.
The other roles are not yet cast, although there’s one name being floated as a potential for the granddaughter, rookie actress Park So-dam from recent or upcoming movies The Tailor, Veteran, and One on One. Grandfather will begin filming in mid-June.
Via Hankooki

‘Grandpas’ turned into sitcom
 May 07,2014

Article.aspx?aid=29887500A sitcom version of tvN’s popular reality show “Grandpas Over Flowers” is coming soon with the show’s original member Lee Sun-jae and two new grandpas: Byun Hee-bong and Jang Gwang. Idol star Kim Hee-chul from Super Junior was also cast.

The new series “Grandpas Over Flowers Investigation Unit” will revolve around the comedic struggle of three elite 20-something investigators who one day find themselves in the bodies of grandpas in their 70s.

One of the running gags will be grandpas in good command of gestures, attitudes and the way young men talk in their 20s. 

“You will be able to see a new side of the veteran actors of Korea and their unique teaming up with a quirky young policeman who will be played by Kim Hee-chul,” said the drama’s production team.

The scenario is written by a Moon Sun-hee, a veteran of the sitcom “Three Guys and Three Girls” (1999). The first episode will air on Friday at 9:50 p.m.

By Jin Eun-soo, contributing writer | 
koreajoongangdaily

Hehehe, a little connected to GoF

Aww.. no more grandpas & Seo-jinnie after this..

May 6, 2014
Grandpas Over Flowers in Spain: Episode 8 (Final) by javabeanshttp://www.dramabeans.com/2014/05/grandpas-over-flowers-in-spain-episode-8-final/

halbaespain8-00239a.jpg

EPISODE 8. Broadcast on May 2, 2014.

Archived