[Variety] Grandpas over Flowers 꽃보다 할배

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow GeunHyung Halbae really looks like Jang DongGun!!!SunJae Halbae kinda reminded me of Uhm TaeWoong.Loves Shin Gu Halbae's smirk. And it stay the same...Young IlSub Halbae totally has a lot of charisma!They truly are great actors that last throughout decades
^:)^

tvN's 'Gabdongi' to air as scheduled while 'Grandpas Over Flowers' is still in consideration

Good news for K-drama lovers as tvN has announced that 'Gabdongi' will be airing again in its regular time slot this week.

SEE ALSO: [Album Review] MBLAQ - 'Broken'

CJ E&M stated on the 25th, "'Gabdongi' will air as regularly scheduled on the 25th and 26th. We are in talks for the airing of 'Grandpas Over Flowers'."

The third and fourth episodes of 'Gabdongi' were canceled last week in light of the Sewol tragedy but now that dramas of the main broadcast stations are receiving the 'ok' to go back on air, tvN will follow suit as they bring back 'Gabdongi' as scheduled. Meanwhile, their variety shows such as 'Grandpas Over Flowers' are still in limbo given the current mood.

credit allkpop

Guest bacom

@rubie, your gif making skill is exceptional :)>- Thank you and please keep them coming. Btw, I just see that you're "immortal",  #respect 

April 26, 2014
Lee Seo Jin Takes Care of Lee Soon Jae on “Grandpa Over Flowers”http://www.soompi.com/2014/04/26/lee-seo-jin-takes-care-of-lee-soon-jae-on-grandpa-over-flowers/#.U1vk8FWSwsB

Screen-Shot-2014-04-26-at-12.04.58-PM.pn
Actor Lee Seo Jin displayed yet another charm through expressing his fondness for Lee Soon Jae on the April 25 broadcast of tvN’s “Grandpa Over Flowers.”
On this episode, Na Young Seok producer gave the cast members a “free day” in Madrid. Lee Seo Jin decided to follow Lee Soon Jae. When the cast traveled to Barcelona, Lee Soon Jae acted as the “navigator,” and Lee Seo Jin was not able to accompany them.
Lee Seo Jin said, “I don’t want him to get stressed anymore. Wherever Lee Soon Jae teacher goes, I will go too. I can even follow him around the world. He is like a fatherly figure to me.”
The production team was relieved and surprised as they watched Lee Seo Jin and Lee Soon Jae walking along the street of Madrid showing their affection for each other. They were given the nickname, “SJ (Soon Jae – Seo Jin) Couple.” The production team of the show asked Lee Soon Jae, “Do you know that Lee Seo Jin especially follows you?” to which he answered, “If the others heard that, they might be disappointed.”
Lee Seo Jin has been receiving favorable feedback from viewers with his guide and English skills. It is expected his care and affection for his seniors will attract even more expansive popularity.
“Grandpa Over Flowers” was canceled for two weeks due to the Sewol Ferry tragedy. All CJ E&M channels canceled various variety programs for seven days and began re-airing their variety programs through “Grandpa Over Flowers.” They decided to begin with airing a show least likely to cause irritation.
There were mixed reviews regarding the issue of the airing of a variety show. Some viewers believe it’s still a sensitive time for variety shows to be shown on TV while other believe it was a good source of comfort and cheering up.
“Grandpa Over Flowers” every Friday at 9:50 PM, KST on tvN.
grandpa-over-flowers-401x900.jpg

Guest bacom

Awww, love the warm of  Seo-jinnie taking care his sunbaenim, warm my heart, make me want to rewatch the first part of Yi San again, just to see them together in acting. Thank you again @rubie for your gifs ♥

April 27, 2014
Lee Seo-Jin’s ideal type “I like short woman with chubby belly”

Source: Innolife Korea
9386_1.jpg

An actor Lee Seo-Jin said about his ideal type.
Lee Seo-Jin said his ideal type at the 7th episode of tvN ‘Grandpas Over Flowers’ aired on 25th, during the trip to Spain Madrid.
Lee Seo-Jin said, “I do not consider face much. I like short and chubby woman.” In succession he said, “I like fleshy body, and also chubby belly.”
In succession the staff said that he considers figure, he said, “I do not like tall woman. I like bright, and funny woman.”
Meanwhile, at ‘Grandpas Over Flowers’ Lee Son-Jae, Shin Goo, Park Geun-Hyung, Baek Il-Seob, and Lee Seo-Jin enjoyed individual travel, seeing beautiful scene of Madrid. [Photo=tvN ‘Grandpas Over Flowers’]

Lee Seo Jin reveals his ideal type to be a plump and cheerful womanApril 27, 2014 @ 11:00 am | Allkpopmisc_1398442182_af_org.jpg
tvN aired a new episode of 'Grandpas Over Flowers' on April 25, showing Lee Seo Jin engaging in a one-on-one interview as he divulges his ideal type.
He said, "I don't really look at the face," to which Producer Na Young Suk asked, "Then do you look at the body?"
Lee Seo Jin replied, "Body?  Let me see.  I like petite and plump women, who are funny and bright."  He continued, "I like it when they have some meat on their bones.  I also like when their belly comes out a bit."
He's not the only one as actor Joo Won previously mentioned liking women with a belly, too!  misc_1398442160_LeeSeoJin.jpg

April 29, 2014
Paeksang Arts nominees announced
By Kim Hee-eun, contributing writer INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily l 50th Baeksang

50_baeksang_show1.jpg
The 50th annual Paeksang Arts Awards revealed its list of nominees yesterday on its official website, with the roundup ranging from actors and comedians to screenwriters and producers. 

Founded in 1965, Paeksang has long been seen as an authority on popular culture and is known for holding nominees up to a strict set of criteria. Unlike other awards that only focus on TV or cinema, Paeksang encompasses both television and film categories. 
Sponsored by the JoongAng Ilbo and JTBC, affiliates of the Korea JoongAng Daily, this year’s contest was particularly competitive.
Actor Kim Soo-hyun and Jun Ji-hyun of “My Love from the Star” (SBS) were nominated for best actor or actress, along with Yoo Ah-in, Lee Jong-suk and Go A-ra. 
Producer Ahn Pan-seok of the JTBC drama “Secret Love Affair” will go up against Shin Won-ho, the creator of the popular tvN drama series “Respond, 1994.” 
Successful entertainment shows recognized by Paeksang include tvN’s “Grandpas Over Flowers,” KBS2’s “Immortal Song,” “The Return of the Superman” and MBC’s “Real Men.” The JTBC program “Hidden Singer” was also in the lineup. 
The awards ceremony will be held May 27 and will air live on JTBC. 

Love this episode... They visited Segovia...reminds me of my Spanish trip almost a decade ago!  :P

Seo-jinnie is super generous!  And can see how much he respects the grandpas.  Too bad GeunHyung Halbae has to leave earlier. 

Somehow I get the vibe that this may be the last season of GoF. 

:(

Archived