[Drama 2013/2014] King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang 제왕의 딸, 수백향

pangia

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NewKDramaAddict said: Or how about the time when after they returned from Kalim and he was stumbling through his explanation that he saved her because she belonged to Baekje. And KBK was just shaking his head! See? It is all of these priceless moments that we will be able to ramble off! I love this drama!!

And I agree...there are a LOT of priceless moments in this drama and I'm not just talking about the funny, sweet or romantic ones. I've lost track of the number of times I've re-watched the more serious/heartbreaking scenes like the confrontations/fallout between SN/SH, KC's death and so on and so forth. They're just so wonderfully acted that they HURT SO GOOD when watching. I can't help but re-watch them over and over. And I don't know if it's just me...but episode 12 is one of my favorite episodes. I loved that right off the bat...pretty much the first scene and you already see the dynamics between SN and SH. Minus the fact that SH put SN in danger twice and didn't feel any remorse in that episode (that was just :-O  ) ...there was a certain part of their petty arguments in that episode that struck a chord with me...those empty threats 'I'm going to tell Mom/Dad!', 'Hands off my stuff', or 'I'm going to tell Mom/Dad that I want my own room!' when you argue with a sibling. And I love love love that SN-KC scene when she was going off about how he's the best dad ever. Ugh...one of the cutest scenes ever.

here the SBH withdrawal continues...lol. remember guys, we'll all in this together...

#-o

I was busy this weekend didn't get much opportunity to stop by the forum. well, most of us had the same sentiments, the ending was so-so, which left us wanting/begging for more. more scenes from CP/SN mostly, but maybe a part of us just didn't want the drama to end... :-\"

I know I wasn't...but what did they say about some good things never last? ;)

I came across this music video while looking for subtitled episodes...there are 2 videos from the same source (thank you!), but I loved this one more, so I'm sharing it with you guys, in the hope that it would remind you of why we cheered for CP/SN in this drama and that it would ease the "withdrawal symptoms" a little bit more...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1cj90o_beige-the-moon-has-passed-king-s-daughter-sbh_shortfilms

dj92 said: And I agree...there are a LOT of priceless moments in this drama and I'm not just talking about the funny, sweet or romantic ones. I've lost track of the number of times I've re-watched the more serious/heartbreaking scenes like the confrontations/fallout between SN/SH, KC's death and so on and so forth. They're just so wonderfully acted that they HURT SO GOOD when watching. I can't help but re-watch them over and over. And I don't know if it's just me...but episode 12 is one of my favorite episodes. I loved that right off the bat...pretty much the first scene and you already see the dynamics between SN and SH. Minus the fact that SH put SN in danger twice and didn't feel any remorse in that episode (that was just :-O  ) ...there was a certain part of their petty arguments in that episode that struck a chord with me...those empty threats 'I'm going to tell Mom/Dad!', 'Hands off my stuff', or 'I'm going to tell Mom/Dad that I want my own room!' when you argue with a sibling. And I love love love that SN-KC scene when she was going off about how he's the best dad ever. Ugh...one of the cutest scenes ever.

Guest tookie18

@unidian. @dj92. Firstly, love that cute little bowing lady. Would like to find one like her.

Am satisfied with the ending, it could have been a little more but it is ok as is. At least we know that SN will be CP’s queen SBK. It was not an option for SN to end up as Mrs. Farty or take care of Crazy forever.  Must say job well done.

Could not for the life of me figure out who was stabbed on the floor in the blue robe and with the bracelet? The FK was always twirling his bracelet around or praying with it throughout the show.  What was done with KC was straight out of left field, I was truly rejoicing that he was allowed to live and thought that he was being given a second chance to raise Minnie Me due to losing his family.  Have to say again, very well done.  Would have liked for JM and SH to be punished for their crimes. Maybe their punishment is being together and tormenting each other for the rest of their lives. You know there will be some blowups and strife between them, they are both unstable.

Same here, have always been able to look at the back of the book or show and still enjoy it. Although, my family and friends would like to do me bodily harm because I really would like to know the end. The people I know are diehards and want nothing to spoil their shows.

SBK had almost an original storyline, it is such a sweet story. The entire cast was excellent also, I never wanted to not watch the show, and I sense the writer, director, actors/actresses and other staff are good people

When CP grabbed the queen’s hands, I understood it as respect, as child would have for a parent. Although she is young and his step mother, he was just trying to get her to release SN to him that is all it was. I have seen family members especially children and others will do this to get someone else’s attention. My kids used to do it to me and whine until I would give in.  I did not see any sexual connotation whatsoever in CP holding the queen’s hand.

@loutuskerne. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I respect it, however, I have been trying hard to process your comments in my mind. It is a known fact that beauty for a lot of people has nothing to do with love. If beauty was the only factor to love someone none of us would be here. Someone may find me beautiful and someone else will come along and think I am not. To me meeting your soul mate or falling in love is a spiritual thing , I think true love is spirit to spirit first, in other words when people are truly in love they look past beauty. People meet and marry people from their workplace all the time. Why should it be any different for entertainers?  I rejoice when they are in love in real life.

As people age we are supposed to become wiser and grow in grace, however, there are some older people that are stupid and clueless. Also, there are a lot of wise young people that do and say profound things in the world. Some people do and can have wisdom without a lot of experience. Usually when someone is trying to get someone’s attention they will grab their hand and look them in the eye, especially if they are trying to persuade the person to grant them a favor. When CP took the queen’s hand into his, I understood exactly what he was doing, again, it did not feel or look sexually explicit.

My view is it must have been written in the story, the writer and director apparently had something to do with the scene. My thoughts on this is that it is the business of the writer and director to allow those scenes in the story.

Guest jenkinspollyanne

trixie1029 said:

here the SBH withdrawal continues...lol. remember guys, we'll all in this together...

#-o

I was busy this weekend didn't get much opportunity to stop by the forum. well, most of us had the same sentiments, the ending was so-so, which left us wanting/begging for more. more scenes from CP/SN mostly, but maybe a part of us just didn't want the drama to end... :-\"

I came across this music video while looking for subtitled episodes...there are 2 videos from the same source (thank you!), but I loved this one more, so I'm sharing it with you guys, in the hope that it would remind you of why we cheered for CP/SN in this drama and that it would ease the "withdrawal symptoms" a little bit more...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1cj90o_beige-the-moon-has-passed-king-s-daughter-sbh_shortfilms

Guest jenkinspollyanne

tookie18 said:

@unidian. @dj92. Firstly, love that cute little bowing lady. Would like to find one like her.

Am satisfied with the ending, it could have been a little more but it is ok as is. At least we know that SN will be CP’s queen SBK. It was not an option for SN to end up as Mrs. Farty or take care of Crazy forever.  Must say job well done.

Could not for the life of me figure out who was stabbed on the floor in the blue robe and with the bracelet? The FK was always twirling his bracelet around or praying with it throughout the show.  What was done with KC was straight out of left field, I was truly rejoicing that he was allowed to live and thought that he was being given a second chance to raise Minnie Me due to losing his family.  Have to say again, very well done.  Would have liked for JM and SH to be punished for their crimes. Maybe their punishment is being together and tormenting each other for the rest of their lives. You know there will be some blowups and strife between them, they are both unstable.

Same here, have always been able to look at the back of the book or show and still enjoy it. Although, my family and friends would like to do me bodily harm because I really would like to know the end. The people I know are diehards and want nothing to spoil their shows.

SBK had almost an original storyline, it is such a sweet story. The entire cast was excellent also, I never wanted to not watch the show, and I sense the writer, director, actors/actresses and other staff are good people

When CP grabbed the queen’s hands, I understood it as respect, as child would have for a parent. Although she is young and his step mother, he was just trying to get her to release SN to him that is all it was. I have seen family members especially children and others will do this to get someone else’s attention. My kids used to do it to me and whine until I would give in.  I did not see any sexual connotation whatsoever in CP holding the queen’s hand.

@loutuskerne. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I respect it, however, I have been trying hard to process your comments in my mind. It is a known fact that beauty for a lot of people has nothing to do with love. If beauty was the only factor to love someone none of us would be here. Someone may find me beautiful and someone else will come along and think I am not. To me meeting your soul mate or falling in love is a spiritual thing , I think true love is spirit to spirit first, in other words when people are truly in love they look past beauty. People meet and marry people from their workplace all the time. Why should it be any different for entertainers?  I rejoice when they are in love in real life.

As people age we are supposed to become wiser and grow in grace, however, there are some older people that are stupid and clueless. Also, there are a lot of wise young people that do and say profound things in the world. Some people do and can have wisdom without experience. Usually when someone is trying to get someone’s attention they will grab their hand and look them in the eye, especially if they are trying to persuade the person to grant them a favor. When CP took the queen’s hand into his, I understood exactly what he was doing, again, it did not feel or look sexually explicit.

My view is it must have been written in the story, the writer and director apparently had something to do with the scene. My thoughts on this is that it is the business of the writer and director to allow those scenes in the story.

NewKDramaAddict said: lene40 said: lene40 said: lotuskerne said:  lotuskerne said:     Jo Hyun Jae    seems  to like  the  beautiful actress Lim Se-mi.    But maybe he  does  too  much when  he  holds her hand  in this scene,  because he plays  the role of  prince  MN, her stepson  and   the son of  her husband .  

20140205151341991.jpg 

The story could be  inconsistent  at this  point  if    prince  MN   caresses     the hand of  other  young  woman while  he  plays  the role  of  a  suffered  lover. 

If the makers want to tell a beautiful love story about true love , the guesture should suit the words . In this case, the body language is different from the words . The hands of the male lead express a different emotion . The caress shows his feelings for this young woman and not for Seolnan .  

Body language speaks louder than words.  

The  guesture  doesn´t     suit the words in this scene  .     The  guesture expresses  the feeling  of  JHJ while  the words express  the feeling  of prince  MN.

The body language    is   different from the words and it   could  make   the  love story of  SN and  MN   implausible .

JHJ    should not  let  other know   about his   feeling   for the actress Lim Se-mi  when they   play   roles  as stepson and young   stepmother  in  the drama . 

jenkinspollyanne said: trixie1029 said:

#-o

Guest ngockhanh

Currently going through SBH withdrawal...
...Did someone say we're all in this together? Thank goodness for that, because no one else around me understands why I can't just move onto another drama (because I want that other drama to be SBH 2).
Since we're on favorite OTP scenes, I really like the scene when MN is giving SN the tapir tattoo; that's the moment when I really saw their chemistry. It was at once innocent and intimate (made me blush a little, not going to lie). I just love any scene with MN and SN, actually. They portrayed first love very sweetly: MN is awkward and fumbling, SN is shy and impatient. And after they both confessed their love those giddy moments -- SN finds everyone and everything beautiful and MN is talking to trees -- was just hilarious. 

Araminta Jouana said:Im Semi is the nice and friendly girl but Seo Woo is the sexy's one. Guys are usually going out with the Im Semi 'stype but if you can't be hot in bed, you are cheated on with Seo Woo's kind of girl (i didn't mean sluty but SEXY). And JHJ seems like a proper kind of guy but i watched some of his love scenes and he is definitely a hedonist in intimacy!

ross27 said: NewKDramaAddict said: lene40 said: lene40 said: lotuskerne said:  lotuskerne said:     Jo Hyun Jae    seems  to like  the  beautiful actress Lim Se-mi.    But maybe he  does  too  much when  he  holds her hand  in this scene,  because he plays  the role of  prince  MN, her stepson  and   the son of  her husband .  

20140205151341991.jpg 

The story could be  inconsistent  at this  point  if    prince  MN   caresses     the hand of  other  young  woman while  he  plays  the role  of  a  suffered  lover. 

If the makers want to tell a beautiful love story about true love , the guesture should suit the words . In this case, the body language is different from the words . The hands of the male lead express a different emotion . The caress shows his feelings for this young woman and not for Seolnan .  

Body language speaks louder than words.  

The  guesture  doesn´t     suit the words in this scene  .     The  guesture expresses  the feeling  of  JHJ while  the words express  the feeling  of prince  MN.

The body language    is   different from the words and it   could  make   the  love story of  SN and  MN   implausible .

JHJ    should not  let  other know   about his   feeling   for the actress Lim Se-mi  when they   play   roles  as stepson and young   stepmother  in  the drama . 

I have a question...back in those days can you go to jail for a really long time as a punishment? Or do you just either get released if you're proven innocent or executed if you're proven guilty?

Cause if had a pick...rather than execution....SH would have gone to jail for life and maybe occassional torture here and there since she got Sado and Seol Nan tortured and also the sword wounds that KC had to endure the 2nd time around. I mean, I also wanted to say (and I did say it a couple times while I was watching) 'Off with her head' but if she was just gonna be fed poison, isn't that too easy for all the problems she created?

So if that can't happen...then I'm okay with emotional punishment too. Isn't it more sadistic? Even after drinking that memory eraser, she lost most of her memories but the guilty feelings still cropped up every now and then. She still ended up rotting in the same hell she was in before drinking it. And when she pieced her memories back again it's quite telling that she wanted to end her life again...It's just going to be a cycle for SH now. And so I actually think putting JM with her in the end is, in a way, punishment too because he's going to keep her from killing herself whenever she can't take it anymore which means she gets to keep feeling the way she does until she just dies a normal death. There's nothing JM, or SN for that matter, can do to take away her pain even if he does stay by her side. So the way I see it, SN getting SH out of the palace to avoid poisoning and JM choosing to stay with SH in the end is just prolonging SH's deserved pain. Imagine, SH is just 20 years old (?)...and she's gonna have to live like that for a looooooong time.

It probably looks like a happy ending cause they filmed it in a beautiful location but they're both so miserable, all I see is pain throughout their last scenes.

Guest jenkinspollyanne

dj92 said: I have a question...back in those days can you go to jail for a really long time as a punishment? Or do you just either get released if you're proven innocent or executed if you're proven guilty?

Cause if had a pick...rather than execution....SH would have gone to jail for life and maybe occassional torture here and there since she got Sado and Seol Nan tortured and also the sword wounds that KC had to endure the 2nd time around. I mean, I also wanted to say (and I did say it a couple times while I was watching) 'Off with her head' but if she was just gonna be fed poison, isn't that too easy for all the problems she created?

So if that can't happen...then I'm okay with emotional punishment too. Isn't it more sadistic? Even after drinking that memory eraser, she lost most of her memories but the guilty feelings still cropped up every now and then. She still ended up rotting in the same hell she was in before drinking it. And when she pieced her memories back again it's quite telling that she wanted to end her life again...It's just going to be a cycle for SH now. And so I actually think putting JM with her in the end is, in a way, punishment too because he's going to keep her from killing herself whenever she can't take it anymore which means she gets to keep feeling the way she does until she just dies a normal death. There's nothing JM, or SN for that matter, can do to take away her pain even if he does stay by her side. So the way I see it, SN getting SH out of the palace to avoid poisoning and JM choosing to stay with SH in the end is just prolonging SH's deserved pain. Imagine, SH is just 20 years old (?)...and she's gonna have to live like that for a looooooong time.

It probably looks like a happy ending cause they filmed it in a beautiful location but they're both so miserable, all I see is pain throughout their last scenes.

Guest Svetoslav

So much hate for SH here because she's happy in the end with JM. It's not nice to use your imagination for hating :D.

jenkinspollyanne said: dj92 said: I have a question...back in those days can you go to jail for a really long time as a punishment? Or do you just either get released if you're proven innocent or executed if you're proven guilty?

jenkinspollyanne said:   Hi dj92, I can't answer your first 2 questions but some of the points you made, e.g. emotional pain is the type of punishments to SH. I've seen the final episode with chinese sub and I can accept the writer's idea of using non-physical (except the headache) punishment towards her. SN even said maybe it better for SH to just die rather than enduring the emotional punishment. I understood so much after watching the subbed, so I believe the same will be applied to most of you after the english sub is released.
:)

LOOOOOL this is so hilarious....

Well what do we have here?
SN-DS.png

Seol Nan and King Dong Seong in a different drama? 
Seo Hyun Jin romanced father and son? =)) =)) =))
P.S. That's not their child! =P He's a widower with a kid and I think he is SHJ's character's first love.

And yes...I'm currently nursing my #SBH withdrawal by watching previous SHJ dramas. Probably not the smartest idea...can't tell if I'm making it worse. :))

Archived