Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

Romance film ‘A Year-End Medley’ invites audiences to world without COVID-19

http://res.heraldm.com/content/image/2021/12/28/20211228000526_0.jpg
From left: Actors Won Ji-an, Jo Joon-young, Lee Kwang-soo, Go Sung-hee, Kim Young-kwang, director Kwak Jae-yong, Han Ji-min, Lee Dong-wook, Won Jin-ah, Kang Ha-neul, Lim Yoon-ah, Lee Hye-young, Jung Jin-young pose after a press conference Monday at CGV Yongsan in central Seoul. (CJ ENM)

It is not the end of the year without a romance film about multiple couples’ Christmas and New Year holidays. Last year there was “New Year Blues” directed by Hong Ji-young and this year we have romance film master Kwak Jae-yong’s “A Year-End Medley.”

“It does not feel like Christmas or New Year holiday anymore due to COVID-19. I want to recreate the holiday vibe that we used to enjoy,” Kwak said during a press conference held on Monday at CGV Yongsan in central Seoul. “In our film, there is no COVID-19 nor pandemic.”

Kwak’s new movie features an ensemble cast of 14 actors and tells love stories that intertwine between characters who are staying or working at hotel Emros.

Anything that audiences might need to feel the holiday vibe is all in the film.
“A Year-End Medley” begins with singer-songwriter Leekang (Seo Kang-joon) in Santa custom singing a Christmas carol with a group of people in a studio without wearing a mask.

It features props like Christmas trees and decorations here and there and scenes of people gathered together for the New Year‘s Eve countdown.

During the press conference, the director added that the film aims to include both relatable and dreamy elements.

“I tried to show my style through the story of people staying in the hotel. I tried portraying (situations of) people in diverse (economic) classes and also create a story that is like a fairy-tale,” Kwak said.

However, it seemed like he had difficulties balancing the two elements, as most of the stories that were introduced in “A Year-End Medley” were cliched and obvious.

Hotel Emros’ housekeeper Yi-young magically meets her prince charming the hotel CEO Young-jin (Lee Dong-wook) and falls in love. Their story follows the same plot of the Cinderella story so often shown in Korean romance dramas.

There are many realistic conflicts and relatable difficulties introduced at the beginning of the movie. Jae-young (Kang Ha-neul) constantly fails to pass the civil service exam, while So-jin (Han Ji-min) struggles with the news of her best friend Seung-hyo (Kim Young-kwang) getting married because she secretly has a crush on him. Star singer-songwriter’s manager Sang-hoon (Lee Kwang-soo) has a hard time asking his artist Leekang to renew his contract with him, as the star has better offers from other agencies.

Nonetheless, these problems are all resolved easily and idealistically in the movie.

Also, rookie actor Jo Joon-young, who stars as a high school athlete in love with the most popular girl (Won Ji-an) in school, often shows his inexperience in the film. This is Jo’s first commercial film debut.

Despite these defaults, the movie is still watchable.

The rookie’s amateurishness is offset through natural and witty performances of veteran actors like Jung Jin-young and Lee Hye-young. Big-name actors like Han Ji-min, Lee Dong-wook, Kang Ha-neul, Im Yoon-ah and Lee Kwang-soo also help make the unbelievable story somewhat believable.

Kwak’s new film is being released simultaneously in theaters and via CJ ENM streaming platform Tving on Wednesday.

By Song Seung-hyun (ssh@heraldcorp.com)

credit : Korea Herald

Ahoy mateys!

89a36bc8-488b-457b-bd8f-90240e42e18b.jpg

Actors Kang Ha-neul, left, Han Hyo-joo, center, and Lee Kwang-soo, right, pose for a photo after attending an online press conference for the film "The Pirates: Goblin Flag" on Wednesday. The film is the much-anticipated sequel to the hit film "The Pirates" (2014). Directed by Kim Jung-hoon, the film portrays a spectacular adventure of pirates who gather at sea to try and get their hands on a royal treasure that went missing. The film will hit theaters next month. [LOTTE ENTERTAINMENT]

credit : JoongAngDaily

'The Pirates' sequel with all-star cast promises more adventure

From left, actors Kang Ha-neul, Han Hyo-joo and Lee Kwang-soo pose during an online press conference for the film, 'The Pirates: Goblin Flag,' Wednesday. Courtesy of Lotte Entertainment
From left, actors Kang Ha-neul, Han Hyo-joo and Lee Kwang-soo pose during an online press conference for the film, "The Pirates: Goblin Flag," Wednesday. Courtesy of Lotte Entertainment

By Kwak Yeon-soo

The cast of comedy action film "The Pirates: Goblin Flag," a sequel to the hit 2014 action film, "The Pirates," promises another adrenaline-pumping storyline full of adventure.

The upcoming film revolves around a group of pirates and bandits who go on a journey to discover the long-lost treasure of the royal family of the 918-1392 Goryeo Kingdom.

Actor Kang Ha-Neul plays the role of Moo-chi, the head of the bandits who joins the band of seafarers, led by the pirate chief, Hae-rang (Han Hyo-joo). Lee Kwang-soo, Chae Soo-bin and EXO's Sehun appear as the pirate crew.

Although action is the main genre, the period film also veers toward comedy, which gives it a lighter and more approachable edge.

"It's true that this film is a follow-up to the 2014 hit movie, but it is actually very different. It's set in a different era and the characters are new. But our movie is just as funny and charming as the previous one," Kang said during a press conference for the film, Wednesday.

Filmmaker Kim Jung-hoon, who newly came onboard to direct the sequel, spoke about the pressure he felt as he attempted to follow up the previous movie, starring Son Ye-jin and Kim Nam-gil, which garnered about 8.7 million in ticket sales in 2014.

"Of course there was pressure about directing a sequel, because the first installment received so much love and performed well at the box office. But I tried to continue the story and maintain its heavy dose of comedy." Kim said. "I tried to depict action, fantasy and adventure more realistically and give audiences an immersive experience to enjoy."

From left, actors Kang Ha-neul, Han Hyo-joo and Lee Kwang-soo pose during an online press conference for the film, 'The Pirates: Goblin Flag,' Wednesday. Courtesy of Lotte Entertainment
Kang Ha-neul in a scene from the film, "The Pirates: Goblin Flag" / Courtesy of Lotte Entertainment

The director expressed his satisfaction with the all-star cast, saying that he was lucky to work with actors who were all his first choice.

Han, who portrays the badass heroine in "The Pirates," said she trained for months to get strong and learn swordsmanship.

"It wasn't easy for me to act as the leader of the pirates with a powerful force. It was important to me that I let go of any doubts in my mind and just focus on doing sword fights and wire action," she said.

"I knew I wanted to look good on screen, so I filmed and monitored all my movements. I also paid attention to fashion and hairstyle."

Kang added: "I must say that Han is insanely cool in the movie. She shows a sparkly charisma."

"The Pirates: Goblin Flag" will hit local theaters in January.

credit : Korea Times

*** I'm glad that we are seeing and reading MORE news on Kang Ha Neul very often these days since he's concurrently promoting "Happy New Year"  and "Pirates 2"  as well. He attended the presscon athough, Kwon Sang Woo was missing. IDK why..... I hope he's doing OK. I also hope I can watch this movie on theaters where I am. But, it's really a very slim chance.  :heart3:

202112291518585625_l1207644792944051631.

photo source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2021/12/29/pirates-2-meet-the-press/

*** The sequel of ‘The Pirates‘  will be released in theaters next month. Despite playing the role of Moochi, who claims himself to be the best swordsman in Joseon, KHN  said during the presscon that the role that he wanted to play was Haerang, played by Han Hyo Joo. “Actually, when I first saw the scenario, Haerang seemed really cool. From her charisma to her lines, everything was cool.”  "The Pirates: Goblin Flag"  boasts cinematic beauty, such as a model ship reminiscent of a real pirate ship and a giant filming set. The filming took place in Jeju Island. The movie is slated to be released during the Lunar New Year holiday.  :heart2:

20211229133442829ugik.jpg

20211229133442976kgwc.jpg

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20211229133442262

*** On December 28th director Kwak Jae-yong was interviewed about his film "A Year-End Medley" which was released in movie theaters and the streaming platform TVing yesterday December 29th. He had strong praise for Kang Ha-neul. In a kiss scene where young actor Jo Joon-young was having trouble, he came out and calmed the situation, putting everyone at ease. He described Kang Ha-neul as an excellent professional, friendly with staff and full of great ideas.

source : Hancinema

*** According to figures releases by the Korean Film Council, "A Year-End Medley" is now the best performing South Korean film at the domestic box office. In its first day of release, the movie had 38,365 admissions. However, it trailed behind two foreign films. These were Spider-Man: No Way Home, which continues to dominate the South Korean Box Office, and The King's Man, another Hollywood release that carried over from the previous week. The movie was also released simultaneously on the TVing streaming platform. There, it currently leads all other films on the platform, although TVing has not released any exact numbers, as it is a standard for streaming platforms.  :Ohboy3:

photo1410486.jpg

source : Hancinema

*** The film “A Year-End Medley” shared new behind-the-scenes stills! In one of the stills, Kang Ha Neul and YoonA discuss the details of their next scene together. The movie premiered on December 29 in theaters and through TVING. IDK why Lee Dong Wook has no BTS stills, though.  :Fist1:

YoonA-Kang-Ha-Neul.jpg

Korean Box Office Enters the New Year

The Korean box office closed the book on another troubled pandemic year filled with mixed returns as the country grappled with different waves of COVID infections and varying levels of social distancing restrictions. Yet despite COVID cases hitting new peaks toward the end of the year, theaters drummed up a strong business in December, largely thanks to the biggest hit of the pandemic to date.

2022 begins with some of that momentum still intact, as 1.1 million tickets were sold over the New Year’s Day weekend. A new domestic release pushed up the local market share significantly, but it still remained stubbornly low at 11%.

Swinging into first place for the third time running was the pandemic smash Spider-Man: No Way Home. Down just 46%, the comic book tentpole added another 706,000 viewers (USD 6.08 million), to push its total to a stellar 6.07 million admissions (USD 51.29 million), far and away from the best total of 2021 and the whole pandemic era to date.

Still in second place after a strong 27% hold was the spy action prequel The King’s Man. The film secured another 209,000 entries (USD 1.8 million) over the weekend, lifting its haul to 776,000 sales (USD 6.51 million) over its first 12 days.

Debuting in third place was the star-studded local romantic omnibus A YEAR-END MEDLEY. The film debuted with 114,000 spectators (USD 948,000) over the weekend and filled 186,000 seats (USD 1.49 million) over its first five days. Though not a particularly large number, the film was always designed to be an original feature for the streaming services TVING, where it debuted day and date, giving viewers the option to watch it at home or in theaters.

The sci-fi sequel The Matrix: Resurrections continued to struggle at the Korean box office after experiencing a hefty 82% fall. The weekend saw it add 18,000 viewers (USD 148,000) to its total, which has now reached 203,000 entries (USD 1.71 million).

Still, a presence on the charts was the Disney animation Encanto, which slid 56% and one spot. Adding 9,000 sales (USD 70,000) over the weekend, the film has amassed 627,000 admissions (USD 5 million).

The first box office battle of the year will see Spider-Man attempt to retain its crown for a fourth straight weekend, as it goes up against two new releases - the crime drama The Policeman’s Lineage, the first Korean release of the year, and the animated sequel Sing 2.

credit : KOFIC News

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/reports.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601008&seq=657&mode=VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

• Blob 1

*** Coupang Play took to their official Twitter to confirm that Kang Ha Neul will be making a guest appearance on the January 15 telecast of 'SNL Korea 2'. He shared his excitement on appearing in the show. He revealed that he was happy and looking forward to appearing as a host in 'SNL Korea', as he is a huge fan of the show. He asked fans to look forward to his appearance.  :blush:

• Blob 1

Upcoming Korean movies to watch in 2022

The year 2022 is shaping up to be a big year for the film industry, with an enormous lineup of movies coming to theaters. These include a number of delayed blockbusters rescheduled for release in 2022 because of the pandemic, such as "Emergency Declaration," "Life is Beautiful" and "Hero."

New releases by directors like Kim Han-min, Choi Dong-hoon and Kim Yong-hwa will provide viewers with a wider selection. Some actors will also expand their talents behind the camera for their feature directorial debuts.

Long-awaited movie sequels will be among the biggest releases of 2022.

"The Pirates: Goblin Flag," a sequel to the 2014 action film, "The Pirates," will be coming to theaters on Jan. 26. The upcoming film, featuring Kang Ha-neul and Han Hyo-joo, promises a new adrenaline-pumping storyline and a cast of fresh faces. The previous movie, starring Son Ye-jin and Kim Nam-gil, garnered about 8.7 million in ticket sales in 2014.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Times

• Blob 1

*** “The Pirates” has released its main trailer! It opens with a teaser of the film’s balance between spectacular adventure and comedy. Kang Ha Nul, Han Hyo Joo, and the others are searching for a imperial treasure that was stolen and lost at sea. Their quest takes them to mysterious caves and unknown islands, where they encounter a penguin for the first time. But Kwon Sang Woo is also pursuing the treasure and is determined to make it his at all costs. He believes that the goblin flag holds a clue to the riddle of the missing treasure. As the battle for the treasure gets pitched and the ships are beset by lightning on the stormy seas,  they show off their swordsmanship. “The Pirates: Goblin Flag”  will be released on January 26. Looking forward for this movie and see more of KSW &

KHN. Looks interesting.   :shaq:

source : http://www.sportsworldi.com/newsView/20220108503904

• Blob 1

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl