[Drama 2013 - 2014] Prime Minister and I 총리와 나

StaRix

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope someone could translate this... It's for the characters~ 

연출 : 이소연 (Directed by Lee So-yeon)극본 : 김은희, 윤은경 (Written by: Kim Eun-Hee, Yoon Eun-Kyung)

윤아 : 항상 특종을 놓치지만 열의는 넘치는 28세 구멍 기자 '남다정' 역

이범수 : 업무 100점, 육아 0점 3명의 아이를 둔 40대 최연소 국무총리 '권율' 역

채정안 : 국무총리 '권율'의 대학 후배이자 국회의원 시절부터 보좌해온 '서혜주' 역

윤시윤 : 남다정의 첫사랑이자 총리실 최고 엘리트 공무원 수행과장 '강민호' 역

이한위 : 남다정을 홀로 키운 잔소리 많고 정감있는 아빠 '남유식' 역

류진 : '권율'의 절친이자 첫사랑 '서혜주'가 이범수를 사랑한다는 사실을 안 후 경쟁심을 불태우는 야심만만 기획재정부 장관 '박준기' 역

윤해영 : 명성그룹 외동딸, 기획재정부 장관 '박준기'와 정략결혼 하는 '나윤희' 역

이영범 : 국회의원 시절부터 함께한 국무총리 '권율'의 심복 운전기사 '심성일' 역

최덕문 : '남다정'이 소속된 연예전문매체 '스캔들뉴스' 독종 편집장 '고달표' 역   ㅊㅊ:베티 게봄ㅋ
(cr to DC)

Guest -quiescent

@Orion - I know how you feel ;.; I wish Viki gets the license for Europe. It's at times like these I wish I lived in the US instead of England :(

If they do get the license, I can watch the show through my Viki app ^^

A fan made (?) character chart. Come all ye faithful. I mean all ye able of translation.

So it seems Reporter is still in love with Sophistihottie FlowerBoy to begin with. Or is that heart stating he's her first? Minister of Luuuurv will have some serious wrist-grabbing and angsty brooding to do in order to get her. And then Uncle Evil is not only evil, he has the hots for a woman other than his forced wife. Which I understand, but then divorce her. Can't have your cake and eat her, dude. I mean eat it...

Cr: SunTaeng_Deer and reposted by mystarmyangel (Twitter)

BX6lOIFCAAEf91v.jpg:large

Guest eeldeerlove

class="title"Lee Han Wi, Yoon Hae Young, Lee Young Bum, Choi Duk Moon Gathered To Add Fun & Excitement in KBS2 “The Prime Minister and I” class="title"collage19-625x212.jpg

Four new people have joined the cast of KBS2 new series tentatively known as “The Prime Minister and I“.

“The Prime Minister and I” already cast preeminent actors and actresses including Lee Bum Soo, Im YoonA, Yoon Si Yoon, Chae Jung Ahn and Ryu Jin. It tells the love story of a Prime Minister Kwon Yool (Lee Bum Soo) and a young female news reporter Nam Ja Dung (Yoona) who disguise herself as a tutor to Prime Minister’s kids to collect information about him but the Prime Minister will regard her as a precious Christmas gift for his family.

In the drama, Lee Han Wi will play as Nam Yu Sik, Nam Ja Dung’s father who has a severely impaired memory and reasoning ability. He raised his daughter alone and the number one wish he have for her is happiness. His character as a nagging father is expected to bring lot of laughs.

Yoon Hae Young will portray the character of Na Yun Hee,  the only daughter of  Korea’s largest conglomerate group and was arranged to marry the Minister of Strategy and Finance Park Joon Ki (Ryu Jin). Dreaming to be the next first lady, she frivolously volunteer as an icon for newspapers and magazines.

Lee Young Bum will act as Kwon Yool’s chauffeur who works for him since the day of his inauguration as the nation’s Prime Minister. He, sometimes poke fun and give advice to Lee Bum Soo from time to time. Choi Duk Moon plays editor-in-chief of professional media entertainment “Scandal News” where YoonA’s character was employed.

Meanwhile, “The Prime Minister and I” will take over the time slot which is currently occupied by “Marry Him If You Dare” beginning December 9.

http://dramabucks.com/drama/lee-han-wi-yoon-hae-young-lee-young-bum-choi-duk-moon-gathered-to-add-fun-excitement-in-kbs2-the-prime-minister-and-i/

class="title"

Hi @eeldeerlove thank you for sharing the article!!! and thank you @orion for the relationship chart. >:D<

Uh-oh - I hope this is not my first stumbling block as a follower of this drama... so far, I've been pretty much unfazed and impermeable to things like "oh no, YSY is second lead!" (I thought, "I TRUST THE YSY") and, "oh no, Yoona does not have enough acting experience" (I thought, "I TRUST THE YSY and his choice of co-stars") and even the fact that SM is involved (I thought, ok you get me)

But this, this worries me: "In the drama, Lee Han Wi will play as Nam Yu Sik, Nam Ja Dung’s father who has a severely impaired memory and reasoning ability. He raised his daughter alone and the number one wish he have for her is happiness. His character as a nagging father is expected to bring lot of laughs."

I really, really, REALLY hope there is no link whatsoever between the "severely impaired... reasoning ability" part with the "it will be lot of laughs" part. I do take issue with dramas showing people with mental disabilities as funny. I am hoping this won't be the case, and I will choose to trust the YSY once more on this one. Please please let this not be the intention of the writer (South Korea should be more aware of these things by now, right? right?) :-/

Guest -quiescent

coastalbreeze said: Hi @eeldeerlove thank you for sharing the article!!! and thank you @orion for the relationship chart. >:D<

Uh-oh - I hope this is not my first stumbling block as a follower of this drama... so far, I've been pretty much unfazed and impermeable to things like "oh no, YSY is second lead!" (I thought, "I TRUST THE YSY") and, "oh no, Yoona does not have enough acting experience" (I thought, "I TRUST THE YSY and his choice of co-stars") and even the fact that SM is involved (I thought, ok you get me)

But this, this worries me: "In the drama, Lee Han Wi will play as Nam Yu Sik, Nam Ja Dung’s father who has a severely impaired memory and reasoning ability. He raised his daughter alone and the number one wish he have for her is happiness. His character as a nagging father is expected to bring lot of laughs."

I really, really, REALLY hope there is no link whatsoever between the "severely impaired... reasoning ability" part with the "it will be lot of laughs" part. I do take issue with dramas showing people with mental disabilities as funny. I am hoping this won't be the case, and I will choose to trust the YSY once more on this one. Please please let this not be the intention of the writer (South Korea should be more aware of these things by now, right? right?) :-/

Yup, I agree with you on this:

"... just because someone is disabled/impaired it doesn't mean they can't be funny or humorous."

I'm glad to hear that disabilites are being shown in a more impartial light in K-dramas, and not ridiculed. I did watch almost all of "Good Doctor" and I wrote my impressions on that in its thread. My issue with it was not at all with the way the character was written or acted. It was that at the beginning they mentioned his condition as something that could be cured (and the jury is still out on that).

I don't have a problem with a disabled person being funny - of course that's part of their whole persona - a disability should not define who somebody is. My concern is that I hope the writers and the viewers don't make that connection. I should have written it more clearly, like this:" I do take issue with dramas showing people with mental disabilities as being funny because of that". :-)

I'm still going with my initial feeling of trust, and I will wait to form my judgement after watching the drama (which usually takes me about 2 - 3 episodes, LOL).

PM&I Fighting!  :-bd

I had the same worries as everyone here when I read that description. Korea is very very behind on topics of mental illness and disability and their series do often use it in horrible ways. 'Incarnation of Money' not only engaged in some disgusting fat-shaming in the beginning, but it proceeded to make one of the characters pose as a mentally retarded man to get a cleaning gig. He had "funny" scenes where he acted "retarded" every time guards would suspect him. That was vile and it really killed a small part of my love for the writers and director.

And yes, let's not forget works like 'Good Doctor' which despite handling such topics as their main idea, end up using them for melodrama and making a character more swoon-worthy. A person who is mentally a child (because intention aside, that was the result) being turned into a drama gimmick for ratings. I don't know if they fixed this later on, but I gave up on the series quite early, for many a reason, this included.

So yes, if his disability becomes part of the "funny", this series will get Hell from me few works have known. That said, him being disabled and funny can actually be used very well too, if separated. He can be endearing and his problems can produce some funny situations that don't mock them. For example him not understanding concepts which get everyone else upset can be used to highlight how some of the things we keep getting worked up about are actually quite silly and self-inflicted.

That being said, I still don't trust kdrama with such ideas. If even dramas aimed to shine light on the topics end up misusing them in such a manner, there is still no hope for this industry with the current level of awareness and understanding of these issues when portrayed on television. And remember, the writer of 'Good Doctor' wrote 'God's Quiz'. Him falling asleep or going crazy aside, there is no way he would become so bad so fast. I have to assume cable vs. public network counts for a lot of the changes too. Movies have used and highlighted such topics well. Cable sometimes has. So I have to assume those who make the decisions on the public TV side are simply not letting these topics be fairly and realistically presented.

So yes, many things worry me. I'd hate to see such good actors being used to portray such atrociously disrespectful concepts. I cringed in 'Incarnation of Money' and I'll cringe here too.

LOL I have never been into JGS. I only watched him in You're Beautiful and that was enough to turn me off.

Anyway, back to our regular programming LOL Yoona's hair looks fine to me so were people complaining about it? I do appreciate that SM seems to have learned their lessons on idol castings instead of focusing on quality acting. Heechul just cracks me up with his "I don't give a d" attitude 

Guest -quiescent

I agree with you all, there better be believable kisses! I hate stone kisses so much, like seriously?! I hope LBS and Yoona lock lips convincingly *praying for good chemistry*

I'm also not fond of JGS. I only watched Love Rain for Yoona :/

To be honest it's always the actresses that just stand there when being kissed. Yoona unnie at least kiss like this again ;.; I have faith in LBS haha

7c74de73gw1dtg4320mtog.gif

Guest -quiescent

@Orion - I fear they'll make them have (feather) kisses...

@wunwing1 - I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea, huh? 99.99% she won't end up with YSY >< even though I really like YSY.

I honestly don't mind the age gap, I have an ahjussi crush on LBS after watching Giant (I'm 18. I can be his daughter seriously). I also love Han Sukkyu, the King from Tree with Deep Roots and he's 49!! :))

My Dad should never see this, he'll deport me.

-quiescent said:
I honestly don't mind the age gap, I have an ahjussi crush on LBS after watching Giant (I'm 18. I can be his daughter seriously). I also love Han Sukkyu, the King from Tree with Deep Roots and he's 49!! :))

My Dad should never see this, he'll deport me.

Archived