[Drama 2013 - 2014] Prime Minister and I 총리와 나

StaRix

Guest -quiescent

laquetahodge said: So I'm not the only one who has an issue with JGS? I thought I was alone. I wasn't that fond of him after his comments on why he hasn't gotten any drama offers(at the time) after Love Rain, he seems way too diva-ish for my taste. That's why I'm a little apprehensive on his new drama with IU. But I did love his chemistry with Yoona. Lol Yes @Orion Yoong isn't a bad kisser, I was surprised. She's never done the 'Deer In the headlights' kisses from what I've seen of her. Considering the age gap, not sure if we'll get any hot kisses like that but at least give me something. I at least want some touching. SM don't fail me now [-O<@-quiescent I'm 24 and have a crush on Lee Jong Hyuk, he's in his 30's but still he's hot :D Hahaha My dad can never know about my ahjussi crushes either :)) :)

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@orion

Personally, I think it's ok if someone says they don't like the age gap, as long as they keep it respectful (this goes for any opinion of course).

I don't feel that the person should explain why they don't like it, it's just personal preference, in my opinion... :-)  (same for dramas showcasing any kind of romance that is a bit atypical, like suggesting same-sex romance, or even for typical stuff like jealous mother in laws, too caste kisses, oppas carrying girls on their backs, etc.)

I think everyone here should feel free to express their thoughts and tastes, keeping a respectful tone.

Again, this is my opinion, and just in case, said in a friendly and respectful tone. :-P

coastalbreeze said: @orion

Personally, I think it's ok if someone says they don't like the age gap, as long as they keep it respectful (this goes for any opinion of course).

I don't feel that the person should explain why they don't like it, it's just personal preference, in my opinion... :-)  (same for dramas showcasing any kind of romance that is a bit atypical, like suggesting same-sex romance, or even for typical stuff like jealous mother in laws, too caste kisses, oppas carrying girls on their backs, etc.)

I think everyone here should feel free to express their thoughts and tastes, keeping a respectful tone.

Again, this is my opinion, and just in case, said in a friendly and respectful tone. :-P

See, the way I see the age gap between characters (regardless of their gender) is like any other element of the story.

Sometimes that age gap is the center piece of the story, and if written and played well, then it works out beautifully.

Other times the age gap may be just a circumstantial detail, that just happens to be there like say, a purple wall in the background.

It's like hair (back to that topic again!!!) -- bald head, crazy hair or blow dried tresses - I don't care, as long as they are given their proper place in the story and are relevant to the character development.

Back to age, I don't care either way: if it makes sense in the story, and it's a good and well written one (and doesn't insult the audience's intelligence), I'll watch it. :-)

I also find it a shame that some people give up on a drama even before watching it based on social, moral or other prejudices. But then again, I also am guilty of that - I can't watch blood and so I regrettably have to pass on great action and war movies/ dramas. :D

I think I'm going to sign off from the thread for now until the drama starts, to keep the element of surprise alive. ;)

Actually this is my first time pre-viewing a drama through a thread, and I very rarely watch a drama live as I don't like waiting for new episodes --- but we'll see... it's YSY after all. :D

See you guys and girls in December (of this year, I hope!) or in other threads!!! ;) Great reading everyone's opinions! Annyonhee-gueseyo!

coastalbreeze said: I think I'm going to sign off from the thread for now until the drama starts, to keep the element of surprise alive. ;) Actually this is my first time pre-viewing a drama through a thread, and I very rarely watch a drama live as I don't like waiting for new episodes --- but we'll see... it's YSY after all. :D See you guys and girls in December (of this year, I hope!) or in other threads!!! ;) Great reading everyone's opinions! Annyonhee-gueseyo!

Guest -quiescent

@coastalbreeze - goodbye!!!! ^.^ I've loved your posts so far, December isn't so far away now so we'll see you soon I hope.

Signing in temporarily because I was summoned. :-)

@stuartjmz I agree. If you read my post again, you will notice that I wrote that age gap could well be the centerpiece of a story (which of course would mean it's enough of a deal to make it the centerpiece) -- like in "Harold and Maude" for example. Or "Lolita". Etc etc.

There are other instances where the age gap is not a huge deal. Case in point, a drama called "Me too flower" with YSY. In it, his noona was in reality 8 years older, but it was never mentioned in the drama or made a huge deal about.

I didn't say age differences were not to be accounted for. I just said sometimes they are a huge deal (when it's warranted), sometimes they aren't. :-)

Anyway, I sense we are in agreement, just presenting the idea from different angles. :-)

OK bye guys... see you around! :)

Guest -quiescent

Guys someone translated the fan made character chart and I don't like the look of it:

Cousins?!

I'm on my iPhone so I can't put the pic up but here's the link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BX9wLfsCUAACU-F.jpg:large

Guest -quiescent

I'm just gonna have faith that this is fan made (and they never mentioned they were cousins in their description list from actual ARTICLES)

Can't wait for the official site to open so then we can get accurate info...

-quiescent said: Guys someone translated the fan made character chart and I don't like the look of it: Cousins?! I'm on my iPhone so I can't put the pic up but here's the link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BX9wLfsCUAACU-F.jpg:large

Guest -quiescent

Thank you @eniya & @Orion for clearing that up, I was quite worried!

Yoona had a fansigning event with the rest of the SNSD girls and look!

tumblr_mvl3v0ZR9r1szo6mxo1_500.jpg
cr as tagged

YoonA wrote a message on a box:
"Be careful with this cold weather, you have to remember to watch the drama at your house this December. Nam Dajung-♡"

>:D< so cute, she signed off as her character name, good promotional tactics (;

laquetahodge said: Oh yeah Soshi had that event for Lotte Dept. Store. I only saw Taeng's pics so I'm happy to see Yoong's. I know cousins couldn't have been correct, maybe their families were very close that they thought they were cousins. Now with Evil Uncle not really loving his wife and still hung up on his first love, will Lonely Wife have any issues with First Love? 

Archived