♥ The Official Hunnie Couple ♥ MINJUNG ♥ BYUNGHUN ♥

rubie

@LavelyShai, we totally agree, always hoping for more pics together. It's not often we'll get to see them (if not for fan-sightings or friends' photo update), so it's very heartwarming seeing them supporting each other. Byunghun's latest movie is doing really well at the box office during the Lunar New Year celebration. He's been really busy before the holidays since December last year and now it seems that the Hunnie couple may have taken a break with JoonHoo.

Today, Minjung posted a clip but didn't mention where it's from. Could be in the US or Europe. I'm not sure but BH might be attending the Oscars this year considering that Parasite is nominated in the Academy Award. As member of AMPAS, he has a number of times mentioned about the movie having a chance of winning. We hope so.

Source: @TSN_PHOTO

Ms. Lee Min Jung came to support Lee Byung Hun, the 'Red band' completed the outfit and enhanced the black visuals more.

• Like 2

Thanks to @ByungBlue for highlighting this on twitter, thanks to mistymorning for the gist ~

Actress Lee Jung Hyun who is appearing on KBS2 variety show (Star's Top Recipe at Fun-Staurant) was shown eating a sweet Korean desert snack called Dduk/Tteok. The treat was provided by Byunghun's fanclub, Rubeurs during the VIP Premiere of The Man Standing Next last month. LJH was invited by Byunghun & Minjung to the screening. And we know that MJBH attended LJH's wedding in April, 2019. (Photo: leeminjungfans)

• Like 1

Looks like Minjung is busy filming her new drama (airing in March) while Byunghun is not attending any functions or promos as public events are limited due to the current situation. It's likely that BH is taking a break and spending more time with Joonhoo before his new movie filming starts in March. Little JH will be taken cared by his doting Halmoni as Omma and Appa will be busy soon..

bhmj20_06.jpg

• Like 1

Finally found this English-subbed clip of actress Lee Jung Hyun making green onion kimchi for her BFFs. She's been appearing on the KBS cooking variety show called Stars' Top Recipe at Fun-Staurant. Such a surprise to see LJH at home, so effortlessly cooking a lot of dishes for her husband. After watching her in Beautiful Days eons ago, I'd always remember her as the bratty & spoilt Saena but LJH has grown to be an award-winning actress and she is like a professional cook in the kitchen. It's quite an addicting show watching the celebrities competing in a cooking quest using Korean ingredients to prepare various dishes/snacks that will be launched and sold in convenience stores.

Although it's wishful thinking, wouldn't it be cool to see Minjung in the same or similar show because she is a really good cook and a foodie herself.

ljh_1.jpg

In Lee Jung Hyun's segment (starting at 8:40), watch Minjung & Byunghun mentioned at 18:12 - 18:22 and 18:56 - 19:59

LJH: Minjung-ah ~
MJ: Oh, hi Unnie!
Happy New Year.
Happy New Year to you, too.
Others: Suh Minjung?
Oh, Rhee Minjung. (MJBH-LJH photo at wedding)
Hyojin sent ground chili pepper.
You got it too, didn't you?
Oh, that was good.
I had a lot left over, so I made green onion kimchi.
Really?
Dongbaek's ground chili pepper.
Wrap it around some meat and...
Right, it's delicious.
Minjung, you're a meat lover.
Thank you.
Share it with your husband.
Thank you.
He loves green onion kimchi, too.
Say hello to him for me.
He ate it with some hangover soup.
Really?
(Junghyun, thank you for the green onion kimchi) - they like to show BH's dancing clip. :P
That's nice to see.

• Like 2

February 19, 2020

Lee Min Jung Transforms Into Professional Pediatrician For Upcoming KBS Weekend Drama

Source: Soompi by S. Nam

Lee Min Jung has transformed into a doctor for her upcoming KBS weekend drama “I’ve Returned After One Marriage” (literal title).

The upcoming drama is about the turbulent divorce story of the Song family that ends in the discovery of romance and familial love. The Song family includes a frugal father, a cute but materialistic mother, and four adult children with their own quirks and family troubles. The Korean title of the drama, which literally translates to, “I went there once and came back,” is an often-used euphemism for divorce in Korea.

Lee Min Jung will play the highly intelligent and ambitious Song Na Hee, a pediatrician who was always at the top of her class in school. She has a lot of love for herself but little affection and consideration for others.

The newly released stills showcase Song Na Hee working as a physician at a pediatric hospital. She looks professional as she takes on her presentation earnestly. Viewers are already highly anticipating how Lee Min Jung will portray Song Na Hee’s diverse charms as well as her character’s love-hate chemistry with Yoon Kyu Jin (Lee Sang Yeob), her charming husband who is also a doctor at the same hospital.

Lee-Min-Jung.jpg

“I’ve Returned After One Marriage” is directed by Lee Jae Sang, the producing director (PD) behind “Father is Strange” and “My Too Perfect Sons,” and written by scriptwriter Yang Hee Seung, who wrote “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo,” “Oh My Ghostess,” and “Familiar Wife.”

The drama is scheduled to premiere in March following the conclusion of “Beautiful Love Wonderful Life.”

Source (1)

• Like 1

It's good to see Minjung trying a new/different role as a doctor for her new drama. Let's hope Byunghun will be a pilot in his upcoming new movie.:D 

February 19, 2020

"I've Been There Once" Lee Min-jung Turns into a Pediatric Hospital Physician

Source: Newsen via HanCinema.net

photo1155742.jpg

Actress Lee Min-jung is turning into a pediatric hospital physician.

The new KBS 2TV drama 'I've Been There Once" released charming stills of actress Lee Min-jung.

"I've Been There Once" is a fun and heartwarming KBS 2TV drama about the gap between parents and their offspring when it comes to divorce and finding their own true happiness, directed by Lee Jae-sang and written by Yang Hee-seung.

photo1155740.jpg

Pediatric hospital physician Song Na-hee (Lee Min-jung) looks serious while listening to a presentation. She looks very professional and gives off a 'girl crush' vibe.

Her character is married to Yoon Gyoo-jin (Lee Sang-yeob), who is of the same age, and so viewers are looking forward to "I've Been There Once" even more.

photo1155741.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Minjung is super busy filming now that her drama will air in two weeks' time (March 21).. it's a 50-ep family drama, so Joonhoo will be spending more time with his halmonis and harabeoji. Not sure if Byunghun's movie filming has started or delayed for the time being.

Photo: CHATELAINE

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 11:37 PM, rubie said:

Thanks to @ByungBlue for highlighting this on twitter, thanks to mistymorning for the gist ~

Actress Lee Jung Hyun who is appearing on KBS2 variety show (Star's Top Recipe at Fun-Staurant) was shown eating a sweet Korean desert snack called Dduk/Tteok. The treat was provided by Byunghun's fanclub, Rubeurs during the VIP Premiere of The Man Standing Next last month. LJH was invited by Byunghun & Minjung to the screening. And we know that MJBH attended LJH's wedding in April, 2019. 

Finally watched the full subbed episode on this, LJH's segment at 37:15 (on Youtube here)

Let's have some rice cake I got yesterday.
You got it from a screening event.
(From) Lee Byunghun and Rhee Minjung. :blush:

That looks good.

ljh_tmsn.jpg

From Minjung's IG post today, cute snack for Joonhoo?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Our Minjung is starting her new weekend drama (I Have Been There Once) today which consists 100 episodes. Weekend family-dramas can be very addictive with a consistent high rating .. so, here's wishing MJ the very best! Looks like Byunghun will be Joonhoo's playmate this time around. :lol:

March 27, 2020 

Lee Min Jung Returns to Weekend Dramas With "Once Again"

By William Schwartz on HanCinema.net

photo1168580.jpg

While Lee Min-jung is most often remembered as being the wife of major star Lee Byung-hun, the actress is a fairly strong talent in her own right - just on a smaller scale, with a very different kind of programming. So it is that she's making a comeback with the early evening weekend drama "Once Again", where she has been cast in the leading role.

Lee Min-jung, for all her charms, has often suffered from a disjointed career in terms of projects. Her big break came in "Boys over Flowers", where Lee Min-jung played the fiance of the lead actor played by megastar Lee Min-ho. But where other breakout stars in "Boys over Flowers" moved on to major high-profile roles, Lee Min-jung hovered in an odd niche. Her successes were mediocre by comparison.

Regardless, Lee Min-jung has still had enough name recognition as a star for productions to be willing to take chances on her again. None of her films or dramas did particularly poorly, they just never left much of an impact. But "Once Again" has many factors working in its favor. The timeslot is an obvious one - early weekend dramas often get much stronger ratings than their later airing peers, even if they seldom get comparable hype.

But with "Once Again" Lee Min-jung will have a chance to work with director Lee Jae-sang, who was responsible for such hits as "The Joseon Shooter" and "Father is Strange". Moreover, the subject matter of "Once Again" may be a better fit for the actress. She plays a pediatrician pushing for divorce from her husband who's in the same field as she is. Lee Min-jung may have real-life experience to draw from in that regard, given past tension with Lee Byung-hun.

"Once Again" also has the benefit of a very strong lead-in. "Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life" ended with ratings over thirty percent. However, it didn't quite beat the record set by "Mother of Mine" last year. "Once Again" will get its chance to challenge that benchmark when it premieres on March 28th.

~~~~~~~~ kaoani_whiteball_01.gif All The Best!

"Once Again" is directed by Lee Jae-sang, written by Ahn Ah-reum, Yang Hee-seung, and features Lee Min-jung, Chun Ho-jin, Cha Hwa-yeon, Oh Yoon-ah, Oh Dae-hwan, Lee Cho-hee. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2020/03/28~Upcoming, Sat, Sun 19:55 on KBS.

Watch the clip here 176.gif

In a related drama Q&A interview, LMJ happily mentioned about her two 'sons' who kept her busy at home.. meaning Appa Lee and Aegi (baby) Lee. :D

Thanks to @ByungBlue for the highlight 

• Like 1

character065.gif Over the weekend, Minjung's new drama 'Once Again' has started especially well in terms of rating (20% +) and hopefully will continue to soar for the coming episodes, weekend family dramas rarely fall. On the other hand, the filming of Byunghun's movie 'Emergency Declaration' has now been postponed to May considering the current Covid-19 situation. Despite that, this could be a blessing in disguise for them.. especially for Joonhoo. It's also a good thing that the family isn't travelling outside Korea at this time. Hopefully everything will get better.. for everyone.. for the world.

Complement

bhmj20_13.jpg

• Like 2