Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

*** Park Seo Joon became the center of attention after he graced a magazine's pages of Numéro TOKYO SEPTEMBER 2023 Issue in his fashion pictorial while he's clad in this garment that breaks gender norms! Known for his charm and masculine aura, he shocked many with his latest, eccentric photoshoot. Different from his past pictorials, he once again proved his versatility and pulled off ensembles delicately. The photos quickly went viral on the web. Even though this is not the first time he went shirtless, still, many were in awe with the combination of leather and perfectly disheveled hair on him, making him look sexier. But his fans were not prepared for the one image where he's donning a corset! He gives off an androgynous image while wearing corset. It is widely known that corsets are traditionally a supportive undergarment for women. But men can wear them, too, and Park Seo Joon just proved it! While he exhibited his physique in the first set of snaps, he broke gender norms with the rest of the shoot. He wore an opened jacket sans shirt, with layers of necklaces and high-heeled boots. He wore a killer outfit from Alexander McQueen's Fall Winter 2023 collection. Very few could pull this look off, but he aced it. He shared these attention-grabbing photos on his Instagram and immediately gained an explosive responses from his followers. As of this writing, the post already has more than 2 million heart reactions, in less than 24 hours after he posted it. Hahaha - He slays!   :ohboy2:

park-seo-joon.jpg?w=820

park-seo-joon.jpg?w=820

park-seo-joon.jpg?w=820

Spoiler

park-seo-joon.jpg?w=820

park-seo-joon.jpg?w=820

• Blob 1

*** Lee Byung Hun, Park Bo Young, and Park Seo Joon of the film 'Concrete Utopia' appeared as guests on the July 27 installment of 'MMTG - Civilization Express' with MC Jaejae. On this episode, MC Jaejae brought up one of Park Seo Joon's biggest hit projects, 'Itaewon Class'. Jaejae commented, "This was when every restaurant and bar in Seoul played Gaho's 'Start Over' on repeat. All the restaurant managers had the Park Saeroi hair cut. You admit it, right? You saw people with that hairstyle everywhere."  To this, he reacted by saying, "Actually, for men, short hair much more difficult to keep. You have to cut it incessantly, so I didn't think that the hairstyle would catch on."  Next, MC Jaejae complimented Park Seo Joon's efforts from programs such as 'Youn's Kitchen' and 'Jinny's Kitchen', such as studying Spanish on-the-go for his role as a server on 'Youn's Kitchen' in Spain. Park Seo Joon explained, "I am the type of person who despises being a burden to others. I cannot stand things becoming messy because of my shortcomings." This is very true - In fact, many viewers were impressed with his skillful handling of kitchen matters on 'Jinny's Kitchen'. However, Park Seo Joon revealed, "The problem is that kitchen skills was all I got out of 'Jinny's Kitchen'. In truth, I want to live halfheartedly like other people as well. I think I wear myself out too much. It's not always a good thing [to have a stubborn work ethic]." But MC Jaejae quickly scolded him, pointing out, "What do you mean! There are so many people who are doing their best now because of you!"  I adore this man!   :heart3:

1690507777-3.png

photo/video source : allkpop

• Like 1

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for actors! The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 100 actors who appeared in dramas, movies, or OTT content released between June 29 and July 29.     :heart3:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. 2PM’s Lee Junho
  2. Kim Tae Ri
  3. Shin Hye Sun
  4. Lee Joon Hyuk
  5. Lim Ji Yeon
  6. Son Suk Ku
  7. Kim Seon Ho
  8. Ahn Bo Hyun
  9. Hong Kyung
  10. Choi Jae Rim
  11. Park Gyu Young
  12. Girls’ Generation’s YoonA
  13. Go Min Si
  14. Kim Tae Hee
  15. Go Won Hee
  16. Ma Dong Seok
  17. Won Ji An
  18. Lee Chung Ah
  19. Gong Yoo
  20. Jung Woo
  21. CNBLUE’s Kang Min Hyuk
  22. Lee Byung Hun
  23. Jo In Sung
  24. Park Seo Joon
  25. Kim Sun Young
  26. Son Ye Jin
  27. Kim Hye Soo
  28. Ahn Hyo Seop
  29. Kim Ga Eun
  30. Song Joong Ki

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

source : http://www.beyondpost.co.kr/view.php?ud=202307290907228646499def050a_30

Park Seo Joon Is Actually Very Awkward Around Women — Here’s Why

That’s a quality we wouldn’t expect from him.

EhLq694ihrzmSiIM9B0yW7-qaasaV_lHvgN36i7I

In a past interview, Park Seo Joon revealed that he felt uncomfortable approaching female costars.

parkseojoon1.jpg

He was worried a misunderstanding would arise when he approached them.

It’s inevitable for me to be more comfortable acting with male costars rather than female costars.

Whenever I approach them, I can’t help but worry about how others will see it.

Even if I approach them with an innocent intention, there are times where people will think I’m interested in them.

— Park Seo Joon

parkseojoon2.jpg

He then explained that he was very grateful to be working with other male stars in his past film, Midnight Runners.

In that sense, I had the same humor codes as Kang Ha Neul, and we were both males (laughs) so it was comfortable for me.

— Park Seo Joon

Spoiler

parkseojoon3.jpg

Park Seo Joon has since starred in another film since Midnight Runners called The Divine Fury as well as the popular K-Drama Itaewon Class.

-6bwKPSQ7p_rBEjd5uV3SLNUR3Obg-oJpMGTaCY4

His K-Drama Gyeongseong Creature is currently in the works and has also starred in movies Concrete Utopia and Dream.

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/park-seo-joon-actually-awkward-around-women-heres/

• Like 1

*** Park Seo Joon and Park Hyung Sik shine at the Tweed De Chanel event. Park Seo Joon is no stranger to the brand. He previously attended their fashion show event in Paris. He paired a sleek suit with a tie printed with the Chanel logo.  :loveu:

hJccm5GRvWcjWUHk5PUGgi-nVJzNUS5rQAg0umHH

d5ERrrvj-D9cDu0fCdXOy3EBMxmyTLvELhkS_Ggs

photos source : Koreaboo

• Like 2

*** Concrete Utopia is already making fans excited about its much-anticipated release. Expectations are growing high as viewers were all praises for the cast’s performance in the film after watching it at the premiere event. The big premiere for the movie was on July 25th, but since viewers are under strict orders not to spoil the ending online, their reviews have not yet been revealed online. The upcoming film hits theaters on August 9th.   :coolshades:

d6275f1acb9d73c1187caa36374e2d7a20f68fbb

img_20230726102242_c7qc77dm.webp

source : https://www.insight.co.kr/news/445407

• Like 1

'Concrete Utopia,' an intense study of human nature in gripping disaster thriller

SEOUL, Aug. 1 (Yonhap) -- "Concrete Utopia," a gripping disaster thriller, ventures beyond the typical genre conventions, offering a compelling narrative that delves into the uncomfortable truths of human nature in the face of calamity.

Directed by Um Tae-hwa, best known for "Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned" (2016), the film diverges from the conventional disaster movie formula.

This photo provided by Lotte Entertainment shows a scene from its upcoming film, "Concrete Utopia." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

This photo provided by Lotte Entertainment shows a scene from its upcoming film, "Concrete Utopia." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

As you know, disaster films often begin with a long, slow build-up of the characters' peaceful and happy everyday lives.

This can be a bit tedious, but it serves to create a sense of normalcy that is shattered when the disaster strikes. The disaster then takes center stage, and the story unfolds as the characters struggle to survive. "Concrete Utopia" immediately distinguishes itself from other films of the genre with its opening scene, which depicts a massive earthquake that devastates Seoul. The only building left standing is one in the Hwanggung apartment complex, which is miraculously undamaged from the quake.

The story quickly gains momentum as survivors from outside flock to the apartment, seeking refuge from hunger and the freezing weather. The movie then seamlessly interweaves retrospective scenes from the main characters' past experiences with the present-day storyline, keeping the audience captivated.

Yeong-tak, our protagonist played by Lee Byung-hun, is unanimously appointed by his fellow residents as the new chief of the apartment community after he rushed in to extinguish a fire in an apartment unit alone. His bravery impresses the residents, and they believe that he is the best person to lead them in the aftermath of the disaster.

Under Yeong-tak's leadership, the residents vote to expel the outsiders from their building and establish their own rules to ensure their survival against the massive influx of refugees. Yeong-tak emerges as a hero among the residents in the process of beating and driving out the refugees who refuse to leave.

Initially portrayed as a timid person who couldn't assert himself in front of others, he gradually transforms from a distant figure to a leader. His newfound desire for power is further fueled after realizing in the conflict with outsiders that he is now more powerful than a lawmaker representing the town as the chief of the insiders.

Min-seong, played by Park Seo-joon, is asked by Yeong-tak to work as the leader of the patrol team just because he is a young man with military experience. He braves the risks of venturing outside to fetch essential supplies and protects the apartment and his wife, played by Park Bo-young, from external intrusions.

As the plot advances, the conflict initially seems to be between the residents and outsiders, but it gradually shifts inward. Some residents display acts of altruism by hiding and helping refugees, while some others grow increasingly dissatisfied with the limited supplies they receive, compared to the abundance enjoyed by those around the leader.

While all the cast members do more than their given roles, Lee Byung-hun's presence overwhelmingly stands out.

His masterful portrayal of Yeong-tak's change from a normal neighbor to a cruel leader who is gradually consumed by madness firmly anchors the audience to the story.

The film also presents a thought-provoking exploration of good and evil beneath the surface of a disaster thriller by posting this question: to what extent can people's evil acts be justified when faced with extraordinary circumstances? It also effectively mirrors Korean society's strong attachment to home ownership.

Based on the second episode of the popular webtoon series titled "Joyful Outcast" by Kim Sung-nyung, the movie opens in local theaters on Aug. 9.

sshim@yna.co.kr
(END)

credit : Yonhap News

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20230801003700315?section=culture/movies

*** On August 1, Park Seo Joon spoke with Wikitree ahead of the release of his movie "Concrete Utopia." The interviewer asked about his ideal type. Park Seo Joon answered honestly, stating that the most important to him is a good conversationalist. He candidly spoke about what he looks for in choosing a partner. He then added that he is also attracted to women who are able to empathize with others. "Concrete Utopia" releases on August 9.   :heart3:

2gCpDrG1gscrvg6nMlykrhkn-970smtPve2x6Lcg

img_20230801141236_c1fb4e35.webp

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/874805

*** On July 31st, Park Seojoon and Park Boyoung attended the press event for their upcoming movie 'Concrete Utopia'. They talked about their roles in the upcoming movie. In the film, they portray a married couple, but their characters are mostly seen fighting for survival amid the crisis, leaving little room for romantic scenes. Regarding this, Park Seojoon remarked, “I tried to look at the couple from a 3rd person perspective but it made me feel sad to see the two characters in that situation. I can’t help but wonder how the movie would have been if it had captured more romantic moments between them." The director teased by saying, “We created Minseong’s Instagram account for the film. If you take a look at the account, you can see how lovey-dovey the married couple had been before the disaster occurred. I think it will help you understand better how the story goes.” 'Concrete Utopia' will hit the theaters on August 9th.  :kaching1:

20230801_063219_422_joon%20.jpeg

*** This summer, the competition among Korean films is more intense than ever. Four blockbuster movies and three mid-scale films are set to hit theaters in July and August, embarking on a fierce battle of promotions. The first to step into the arena was the movie Smugglers, which premiered on July 26th. However, the releases of The Moon and Ransomed on August 2nd are expected to add a twist to the competition. "Concrete Utopia"  is the final film to join the Big 4 competition. The film received positive reactions from the media after its preview screening. The production cost is 22 billion won ($17.1 million), and the break-even point is at 4.1 million viewers.   :cheers:

30000864773_1280.jpg

source : https://ent.sbs.co.kr/news/article.do?article_id=E10010274651&plink=ORI&cooper=DAUM

*** Park Seo Joon had an interview at a cafe in Sogyeok-dong, Seoul on August 1st. During the talk, he said, I’m normally 76kg but I lost 7kg for ‘Concrete Utopia’. Before the filming started, I already had a vague thought about Min Seong. I believed that he wouldn’t be someone who cares much about having a muscular body or fashion. That’s why I decided to lose about 7kg to express this character better. I started filming this movie right after finishing ‘Dream’”. Since the story in the movie was set in winter, I had to wear thick clothes during the shoot, and I thought I had to lose that much weight to help my acting. It was very challenging to control my condition during the hot season”.  ( The filming of “Concrete Utopia” was conducted in the summer of 2021. ) Park Seo Joon added, “The weather was hot, but it was not a problem because expressing the character well as an actor was the most important thing for me. But I had to admit that it was difficult to regain my strength after the shoot. I presented to the director my interpretation of the character, including details such as hair, costumes, and weight, and he acknowledged them. Then we combined our ideas and developed the character together through conversations”.   :Ohboy3:

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20230801n15217?mid=n1008

*** On August 1st, Park Seo Joon met with Sports Chosun for an interview and said, “I didn’t feel awkward with Park Bo Young from the first shoot. We felt an internal closeness.” He expressed high satisfaction with his chemistry with Park Bo Young as a couple in ‘Concrete Utopia.’ The atmosphere was good from the first shoot. Unlike dramas, movie shoots have a slower pace, giving us relatively more relaxed time during set-ups. We had plenty of time to get closer by chatting about trivial things. I’ve watched many of Park Bo Young’s works, so there was a sense of internal closeness. While taking prop shots, we mainly took photos of us on a typical date. It felt like we enjoyed ordinary daily life while supporting and sharing each other’s work, just like ordinary couples going to trendy places for dates. The Instagram idea came from the director. The photos we took as props are featured in the movie, but it felt like a waste to just leave them there. The director said it could be a way to explain the background of our characters to the audience before the movie’s release. I thought it was a great idea, so I made gestures to promote the account.”   :ohboy2:

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230801125123311

*** On July 31st, at Lotte Cinema World Tower in Seoul, Park Seo Joon expressed his thoughts during the press conference for the movie “Concrete Utopia,” “It was refreshing to see this movie after two years, and I remembered the time of filming. I tried to see the relationship between Min Sung and Myung Hwa as a third party, and I felt bitter. I also had some regrets, wondering if I could have shown a prettier side.”   :heart2beat:

concrete-utopia-1-073123.webp

20230731164124294efja.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230731164120352

'Concrete Utopia' is a gripping, 130-minute extravaganza

optimize

By Yoo Su-kyung

What would you do to survive in a post-apocalyptic world where everything has been reduced to ruins save for a single apartment building? "Concrete Utopia" is a film that lays bare some of the more uncomfortable truths about the dark side of human nature under extreme circumstances.

The film begins with a group of survivors gathering to seek shelter at an apartment building in Seoul, the only structure left standing in the city after it is destroyed by a catastrophic earthquake. Based on the popular webtoon "Amusing Neighbor," director Um Tae-hwa has added another film to his impressive resume that includes "Forest," for which he won the Best Film Award at the 11th Mise-en-scene Short Film Festival, and "Vanishing Time" which netted him an award for Best New Director Award at the 54th Golden Bell Awards.

With a running time that clocks in at 130 minutes, "Concrete Utopia" is not short, but it is such an engrossing experience that some viewers may feel the end comes too quickly when the credits start rolling. The production team deserves a lot of credit here for portraying such an unlikely setting and scenario in a way that feels so close to home.

A massive, three-story-tall film set was constructed for the shooting, and the ruins of a city in the dead of winter was very realistically depicted, aided by the clever use of lighting to create a chilling, ominous atmosphere. The makeup and the attention to detail in creating the dust clouds from the earthquake are particularly impressive. Director Uhm said the visuals of the film were inspired by Pablo Picasso's oil painting "Guernica," which he showed to his production staff for reference.

bc6ea648f4544099bed2d32d8728afc0.jpg

The actors also deserve praise for filming the movie in the punishing heat while dressed in heavy winter clothes. Lee Byung-hun plays the lead role as Young-tak, the head representative of the apartment residents who is determined to do whatever it takes to protect their property from outsiders. Lee once again shows the versatility of his acting talent, showing audiences why he remains one of the most-sought-after leading men in Korean cinema.

Actor Park Seo-joon plays Min-sung, a man who is also committed to protecting the apartment and his family, and actress Park Bo-young plays his wife Myeong-hwa whose character is layered in subtleties. They both succeed in connecting with the audience with their range of emotional expressions, telling a story of adversity and a family's unbreakable bond.

Kim Seon-young provides the much-needed comic relief in the film as Geum-ae, the head of the women's association at the apartment. Other supporting roles are filled by actors Park Ji-hoo, Kim Do-yoon and others who all deliver outstanding performances to create an incredible synergy among the cast.

"Concrete Utopia," as Lee Byung-hun put it, is about ordinary people who are neither heroes nor villains, forced to make morally ambiguous choices under the most extreme circumstances. It will leave viewers wondering what they would have done in the same situation long after the film has ended. "Concrete Utopia" is scheduled to be released in cinemas across Korea on Aug. 9.

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2023/08/689_356203.html

*** On August 1, Park Seo Joon spoke with Wikitree ahead of the release of his movie "Concrete Utopia." He revealed that he is a victim of stalking until recently and this is the reason why he didn’t comment on his personal life.   :heart3:

"Has this ever happened to you? When you leave the parking lot but you see the same car constantly following you? They even know where I am about to go, and there are times when they arrive there before me. "

— Park Seo Joon

He revealed that he was stalked for close to two months and stated that it was “Chilling and scary.” He revealed that the experience had left a mark on him.   :kaching3:

"These experiences kept me in my room. There are times when the same person follows me in a different car. This happened before and still happens now from time to time. I think these experiences have changed me this way. "

— Park Seo Joon

UVSjZQHl36GnEeLQKidghDO9qPTWIPSYlVarXDXF

sieTmXMbYn5QRtdsZBYpLiAThF87aW_dABtBmD7c

img_20230802082514_76ac2870.webp

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/874991

[Herald Review] Dystopian black comedy ‘Concrete Utopia’ has questions instead of message

When it comes to ‘living in an apartment,’ or specifically ‘owning an apartment,’ many Koreans perceive that differently from simply having a place to live. An apartment could be someone’s life goal or another’s deep grudge. In that context, “Concrete Utopia” raises questions about the contradictions humans face when put in extreme situations -- such as when your apartment building becomes the only place in Seoul that has survived a devastating earthquake.

Director Um Tae-hwa’s “Concrete Utopia” is a dark, black comedy disaster thriller that tells the story of apartment residents whose homes threaten their lives. Residents of Hwanggung Apartment building No. 103, the only building that has survived a destructive earthquake, initially see their building as a "utopia," but that thought simply signals the beginning of a dystopia as non-residents start to flock to the building.

Calling non-residents who have sneaked into the building "cockroaches," residents of Hwanggung Apartment gather together to protect their utopian home from non-residents. At the center is Kim Young-tak (Lee Byung-hun), who would be willing even to die if there is anything he can do to protect his home and the building.

In exchange for such passion and willingness to sacrifice himself, he is elected to represent the apartment building residents, wielding enormous power among the residents. Next to him is Min-sung (Park Seo-joon), a reliable, seemingly good-hearted neighbor who supports Young-tak in many ways to keep things in order and establish a system amidst the chaos as food and water become scarce.

But Myung-hwa (Park Bo-young), the wife of Min-sung, doesn’t like how the residents of Hwanggung Apartment kick out the non-residents who will otherwise starve or freeze to death in the extremely cold weather outside. At one point, she notices that Young-tak shouldn’t be trusted.

The movie asks the audience whether you would do the same if your home were the only place to survive a colossal disaster and non-residents were to flood in. It is unclear which decision is the wisest, as that question is left unanswered even after the film's 129-minute running time. One can't tell whether the unsettled feeling after the film is simply due to the genre’s characteristics as a dystopian flick.

“Concrete Utopia” doesn’t simply show Koreans’ fantasies about owning an apartment or the loss of humanity in extreme situations. Rather, it invites discussion about humans' problematic desires and behaviors, including: greed, discrimination, the desire for power and human-made hierarchies.

Park Seo-joon and Park Bo-young show well-balanced acting, firmly supporting Lee Byung-hun, who once again fantastically portrays a complex, multi-dimensional character as the story unfolds.

Director Um’s clever opening sequence showing what apartments mean in Korean society elevates the audience’s understanding of the film’s tone and style, making the film’s topic accessible and relatable to moviegoers anywhere. The film has been invited to various international film festivals including the 48th Toronto International Film Festival, and will open in 152 countries.

“Concrete Utopia” opens in local theaters on Aug. 9.

By Kim Da-sol (ddd@heraldcorp.com)

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20230803000637&np=1&mp=1

INTERVIEW - Park Seo-jun took inspiration from father in his role for 'Concrete Utopia'

optimize

By Kwak Yeon-soo

Actor Park Seo-jun is coming off his biggest year yet. The star played the role of a cranky football coach in the sports film "Dream" and is poised to appear in the disaster thriller "Concrete Utopia" and the Netflix series "Gyeongseong Creature." Park will make his Hollywood and MCU debut in "The Marvels," which will be out this November.

"Some film releases have been delayed by the pandemic. I feel so grateful to finally present my works to audiences. Each time I release a new film, I get really nervous because, unlike television viewers, moviegoers actually purchase tickets to watch my performance on screen," Park said during a recent interview with The Korea Times.

Park chose to star in "Concrete Utopia" after he finished filming "Dream." He opened up about how tricky it was for him to play the role of Min-seong, a man who does everything to protect his wife Myeong-hwa (Park Bo-young) in a disaster situation.

"Min-seong always puts his family first. My character is very similar to my father, who is a loving family man. I took after my father in terms of feeling responsible and protective about my family. Much of the character was inspired by him," he explained.

Asked if he shares his concerns with his family, the actor said he usually talks about serious things to his friends. "I don't get into too much detail about work when talking to my parents because I don't want them to worry about me," he said.

7c60f9b2941e4e91a4e023754c2c6816.jpg

The 35-year-old actor said adjusting to the heat and the sweat was the hardest part. "We had to pretend it was winter in the middle of summer. There were times when I felt dizzy because I lost about seven kilograms for the part. I had to explore certain emotions that I have never experienced before" he said.

The disaster film follows residents of the last remaining apartment building in Seoul following a massive earthquake. Amid the chaos, Yeong-tak (Lee Byung-hun) struggles to defend the apartment against outsiders, along with a married couple ― played by Park and Park Bo-young ― who dedicate themselves to protecting each other.

On working with veteran actor Lee, Park said he learned a lot just by observing.

"It was extraordinary to watch Lee work on set. He likes to keep everything chill and relaxed on set. He can be laughing one minute and then suddenly give a great emotional performance," he said.

On partnering with Park as a newlywed couple, he said, "I have watched many of her previous works, so I felt comfortable. I wish we could work on another film at a later date."

The film is directed by Um Tae-hwa, who previously helmed the 2016 fantasy film "Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned." "Director Um didn't give much direction to actors on set. He was very open to our ideas, which was encouraging," he said.

"Concrete Utopia" will hit local theaters on Aug. 9.

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2023/08/689_356393.html