Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

'Concrete Utopia' depicts struggle for life in quake-devastated Seoul

By Shim Sun-ah

SEOUL, June 21 (Yonhap) -- "Concrete Utopia," an upcoming post-apocalyptic Korean film, imaginatively explores what may sound rather unrealistic: What would happen if the apartment complex where I live were the only building to survive a massive earthquake that devastated the world?

Based on the second episode of the popular webtoon series titled "Joyful Outcast" by Kim Sung-nyung, the disaster thriller depicts the struggle to survive of the residents of an apartment complex that becomes the only surviving building after a catastrophic quake in Seoul.

They face a new threat when a few survivors from outside arrive, seeking shelter from the ruins and the harsh cold.

Director Um Tae-hwa of "Concrete Utopia," a post-apocalyptic Korean film set to come out in August, speaks during a press conference in Seoul on June 21, 2023, to promote the movie. (Yonhap)

Director Um Tae-hwa of "Concrete Utopia," a post-apocalyptic Korean film set to come out in August, speaks during a press conference in Seoul on June 21, 2023, to promote the movie. (Yonhap)

"I saw the webtoon series about four years ago and found that it has an apartment building as its setting unlike other disaster stories," Director Um Tae-hwa of the film said during a press conference at a Seoul theater Wednesday to promote the project.

"Since an apartment is a space familiar to many Koreans and where they were born and raised, I adapted the work while trying to imagine what would happen there in an extreme situation," he said.

The director, best known for "Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned" (2016), said he put his blood and soul into creating the filming set because "it was important to make the story sound real."

The production team actually built an old-style apartment building that can be easily found in South Korea but with only three stories, according to the director.

Actor Lee Byung-hun speaks during a press conference in Seoul on June 21, 2023, to promote "Concrete Utopia," a post-apocalyptic Korean film set to come out in August. (Yonhap)

Actor Lee Byung-hun speaks during a press conference in Seoul on June 21, 2023, to promote "Concrete Utopia," a post-apocalyptic Korean film set to come out in August. (Yonhap)

Lead actor Lee Byung-hun said he was deeply impressed when he first saw the set.

"When I first went to the filming set, it felt like a real apartment. It was so identical to the typical apartments with common parking lots that I wondered if they used a real building that has only three floors remaining after destruction."

He plays the character, Yeong-tak, who leads the residents' efforts to establish their own rules to ensure their survival against the massive influx of refugees.

Park Seo-joon, who starred in the hit drama series "Itaewon Class" (2020) and Oscar-winning film "Parasite" (2019), takes the role of Min-seong, a resident to whom safeguarding his family becomes the only goal in his life after the disaster while actress Park Bo-young is his nurse wife named Myung-hwa who sympathizes with the refugees.

Park said he experienced no trouble in focusing on acting thanks to the realistic set.

The director (1st from R) and the cast of "Concrete Utopia," a post-apocalyptic Korean film set to come out in August, attend a press conference in Seoul on June 21, 2023, to promote the movie. (Yonhap)

The director (1st from R) and the cast of "Concrete Utopia," a post-apocalyptic Korean film set to come out in August, attend a press conference in Seoul on June 21, 2023, to promote the movie. (Yonhap)

Lee said he thinks the film should rather be classified as a "black comedy."

"If it were a typical disaster film, the disaster would continue throughout the movie until the end and is the focus.

However, this film is about what happens after a disaster, focusing on how people strive to cope, communicate with each other and overcome it," he explained.

The film will open in local theaters in August.

sshim@yna.co.kr
(END)

credit : Yonhap News

• Love 1

Lee Byung-hun says black comedy element sets 'Concrete Utopia' apart from others

From left, actors Lee Byung-hun, Park Bo-young and Park Seo-joon pose during the press conference for the new movie 'Concrete Utopia,' held at Lotte Cinema in Gwangjin District, eastern Seoul, Wednesday. Yonhap
From left, actors Lee Byung-hun, Park Bo-young and Park Seo-joon pose during the press conference for the new movie "Concrete Utopia," held at Lotte Cinema in Gwangjin District, eastern Seoul, Wednesday. Yonhap

By Lee Gyu-lee

The highly anticipated disaster film "Concrete Utopia," featuring a star-studded cast including actors Lee Byung-hun, Park Seo-joon and Park Bo-young, is scheduled for release in local theaters in August.

Lee, who plays the main character Young-tak, head of the apartment's residential committee, hinted that this disaster film will adopt a black comedy tone, setting it apart from other genre films.

"Most disaster-genre movies focus on the disaster itself as the main element throughout the film. However, 'Concrete Utopia' takes a different approach," the actor said during the press conference for the film held at Lotte Cinema in Gwangjin District, eastern Seoul, Wednesday.

"It shows how people survive, communicate with each other and endure after a disaster. In that aspect, it possesses a strong element of black comedy."

Based on one of the episodes from the popular webcomic "Delightful Outcast" (direct translation), the blockbuster movie follows residents of the sole surviving apartment building in Seoul following a massive earthquake. Amid the chaos, Young-tak struggles to defend against outsiders, along with a married couple ― played by Park Seo-joon and Park Bo-young ― who dedicate themselves to protecting each other.

The film is directed by Um Tae-hwa, who previously helmed the 2016 fantasy film "Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned."

Lee said that he was drawn to the realistic portrayal of humans throughout the story. "Even when people work together, their individual personalities and perspectives differ. There are times when they are divided and exhibit extremes of selfishness and cruelty," he said.

"Although the circumstances may be extreme, I liked the subtle, realistic depiction of these personal dynamics."

The director highlighted the use of a familiar setting, an apartment, as the backdrop for survival.

"The concept of (the story) revolves around the devastation caused by a massive earthquake, leaving only one apartment building intact. Unlike other disaster movies, the film stands apart by being set within an apartment building," he said.

"I was born and raised in an apartment, and for most Koreans, it is a familiar and common living space. So I wrote a movie imagining what would happen in such an extreme situation within that familiar setting. And you also have options to choose the characters you relate to and empathize with throughout the film."

Park elaborated on the diverse range of emotions his character experiences.

"I found it fascinating because the role was quite different from what I've done previously. And within this character, I had a wide range of emotional fluctuations I could express. The character required delicate acting, so I'm confident to say I dedicated a lot of time and effort to it," he said, adding that one of the most interesting things for him was working with Lee.

"I've always wanted to work with Lee. So I wasn't offered a part in this project but after learning about it, I strongly expressed my interest in joining."

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2023/06/689_353445.html

• Like 1

*** Poor her..........Considering the fame of Park Seo Joon, Korean netizens bombarded xooos‘s Instagram account with hate comments.   In a press conference for the his upcoming film "Concrete Utopia", Park Seo Joon carefully evaded confirming or denying the rumors. Everything else seemed to indicate that they are dating. Some comments were :  

• “You’re not appropriate for Seo Joon.”
  • “Park Seo Joon could do so much better.”
  • "How could YOU even think of dating him? He's not for you!"

There were comments from international fans who didn’t believe she was “worthy” of Park Seo Joon. Yet, while there were some negative comments, netizens also seemed to come to her defense. Many shared that people should leave her alone, with others trying to counteract the negativity with praise. Of course, any sort of dating rumors within the Korean

entertainment industry will receive backlash from fans of the star.   :wut:   :surprisedwut:

*** Park Seo Joon talking about his ideal type have resurfaced. He has been asked multiple times throughout his career about his type.   :sweet:

"Mindset? Someone who thinks positively? I think those people become more beautiful on the outside. […] I think it is really important to have good positive and kind thoughts."

— Park Seo Joon

"If their hands are my type, I am more interested in that person."

— Park Seo Joon

In a previous interview with a fashion magazine, Park Seo Joon said, “I like women I want to protect,” adding, “I like women who I keep thinking about and worrying about. Among those people, many are skinny.” He also revealed on a TV show he likes people who have a cool style on the outside, adding that he has confessed about 10 times since his first love and succeeded about 80% of the time. According to Park Seo Joon, he’s a giving type of lover, who tries his best for a partner.

Source: Nate

*** Park Bo Young and Park Seo Joon are finally set to star in a movie together, with the anticipated "Concrete Utopia." Their first meeting was awkward for the most unexpected reason. During the interview, she revealed that her first meeting with Park Seo Joon was awkward… all because of a wedding scene. It led to her initial awkwardness with him

because it was the first scene they had filmed. It was the first time they met and worked together.  :rubchin:

"It was my first time meeting him, and I was worried about if I could put my hand on him; we were supposed to look affectionate, but I wondered if I was being impolite."

— Park Bo Young

P3FVqQlKbzO_EnmUulI7htIhrtk0HF_QkWDfQaSJ

vQvvQX5SEn_6i-RWH7vF_X-C5uuhbIOktyV-We1P

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230621113632052

• Love 1

*** Park Seo Joon‘s previous responses to his dating allegations are being re-examined. Wikitree and others noted that Park Seo Joon had previously been linked to actresses Park Min Young and Baek Jin Hee. At the time, he denied the allegations both times as “Not true.”  Of course, this does not mean that the allegations surrounding him and xooos are true; But fans are left wondering why he hasn’t denied the rumors if not true. :Megalol:

ZWChr8qYfKNEZu9IrZ3aeF0eGs87GTRTY1-zMnUB

img_20230621123018_75d0fdb3.webp

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/863578

• Like 1

5 most famous on-screen ships of Park Seo Joon

These are the five most ships of Park Seo Joon throughout his career as an actor. 

Hwang Jung Eum – She Was Pretty

“She Was Pretty” was a milestone in Park Seo Joon’s career where he was shot to stardom. He plays Ji Seong Jun and was paired with Hwang Jung Eum who played Kim Hye Jin – his best friend since elementary school.

Hwang Jung Eum

Their romance took a familiar plot to the next level with beautiful cinematography and a love story between the two. It’s no exaggeration to say Park Seo Joon and Hwang Jung Eum exuded overwhelming chemistry.

They wrote a touching love story that satisfies viewers on every level.

Kim Ji Won – Fight for My Way

“Fight for My Way” was able to make a resounding success in and out of Korea thanks to the hilarious, but no less romantic, love story between Go Dong Man (Park Seo Joon) and Choi Ae Ra (Kim Ji Won), a pair of best friends for 20 years.

While not having met before this project, Park Seo Joon was in such a great chemical reaction with Kim Ji Won that viewers could not keep themselves from believing that they were actually in love. Afterward, the actors were wrapped up in various dating rumors.

However, in an interview with KBS World, Park Seo Joon clarified that he was not dating Kim Ji Won.

Park Min Young – What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim?

Park Seo Joon continued gaining recognition thanks to his nonstop efforts to reinvent his acting image on the small screen. In “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim,” he enjoyed further success as he transformed into the rich and arrogant Vice President Lee Yong Joon. He boasted wonderful chemistry with the co-star Park Min Young. They had so much fun on set and in the drama that the “Park-Park” couple was born.

Park Seo Joon

In 2021, the two were exposed as having been dating for 2 years and 6 months by Dispatch. However, the relationship came to an end when Park Min Young was revealed to be dating a cryptocurrency CEO.

Go Ara – Hwarang

Park Seo Joon joined “Hwarang” as Moo Myung (Sun Woo Rang), a peasant in a small village. He has a special feeling for Ah Ro (Go Ara), a straightforward and strong woman who is half royalty. The couple’s chemistry partly contributes to the drama’s performance, apart from its music, image, and portrayal of brotherhood.

Spoiler
Interlacing with that romance are the love triangle among Sam Maek Jong, Moo Myung, and Ah Ro, and the brotherhood that resembles blood relations between the Hwarang warriors. Park Seo Joon, Park Hyung Sik, and BTS V became friends in real life after joining the drama together.

Ji Sung – Kill Me Heal Me

Ji Sung and Park Seo Joon in “Kill Me Heal Me” is another ship with much chemistry that is often overlooked. Following the series’ broadcast, the couple won many awards at the “MBC Drama Awards 2015”. 

Playing a character with a multiple personality disorder, Ji Sung plays Cha Do Hyun, who has an identity called Ahn Yo Na. She is a 17-year-old girl who only comes out when Do Hyun wants to escape any difficult situations. She harbors a strong feeling for Oh Ri On (Park Seo Joon) and frequently makes the audience laugh out loud with her interactions with her crush. Not only that, on the set, Ji Sung and Park Seo Joon also give off strong chemistry, making them an unlikely pairing loved by many.

source : https://kbizoom.com/5-most-famous-on-screen-ships-of-park-seo-joon/

• Love 2

‘Concrete Utopia’ confirms Aug. 9 release

Director Um Tae-hwa’s upcoming disaster thriller “Concrete Utopia” will be released in local cinemas on Aug. 8, the film distributor Lotte Entertainment said Friday.

The film’s star-studded cast including Lee Byung-hun, Park Seo-joon and Park Bo-young, garnered industry attention after a teaser was released in the past week.

Based on the second part of a webtoon about an earthquake and its aftermath, “Pleasant Neighbor,” the film revolves around few residents of Hwang Gung Apartments in the devastated city. Lee plays Young-tak, a leader among the residents, Park Seo-joon as Min-seong who supports Young-tak and Park Bo-young as Min-seong’s wife.

Um said during a press conference held on June 21 that the film was not just about the aftermath of a disaster but shows different sides of human instincts when put to an extreme situation.

The movie has also been presold in 152 countries, according to Lotte Entertainment.

By Kim Da-sol (ddd@heraldcorp.com)

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20230623000387

• Wiggle 2

From 'Smugglers' to 'The Moon,' summer blockbuster season in full swing

Disaster thriller "Concrete Utopia," starring Lee Byung-hun, Park Seo-joon and Park Bo-young, will hit theaters on August 9. It follows the story of survivors who gather in an apartment complex in Seoul following a massive earthquake. The film is directed by Um Tae-hwa, who previously helmed the 2016 fantasy film "Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned."

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2023/06/689_353561.html

• Love 1

June 27, 2023

New still cuts of Park Seo Joon as Min Sung has been released 

Source: Here 

20230627-192626.jpg

20230627-192625.jpg

"Concrete Utopia" Park Seo-joon once again exudes a unique presence.

The movie "Concrete Utopia" is a disaster drama about Seoul, which was devastated by a major earthquake, and there is the only remaining Imperial palace apartment that begins with survivors gathering.

Park Seo-joon announces a new transformation as "Min-sung" in the play. Min sung, who has a strong sense of responsibility to protect his family in the midst of extreme disasters, is a person who is gradually changing with intense consideration for survival.

With his extraordinary immersion and delicate expression, Park Seo-joon has constructed a three-dimensional character that evokes empathy by convincingly portraying the character's precarious eyes and conflicting inner side at the crossroads of choice. In addition, Park Seo-joon, who met the new resident representative "Yeongtak" and formed a harmony with the ever-changing "Minsung," will give off a special chemistry with Lee Byung-hun, who plays the role of "Yeongtak." On top of that, Park Bo-young, who plays the role of "Myeonghwa," is expected to show the harmony of real couples by realistically expressing the family trying to protect each other even in disaster situations.

Director Um Tae-hwa expressed his trust, saying, "You will be able to see Park Seo-joon's 'acting comprehensive gift set'."

Park Seo-joon's deeper charm can be found in "Concrete Utopia," which will be released on August 9.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 6/27/2023 at 11:23 PM, Ephoenix said:

June 27, 2023

New still cuts of Park Seo Joon as Min Sung has been released 

Source: Here 

"Concrete Utopia" Park Seo-joon once again exudes a unique presence.

The movie "Concrete Utopia" is a disaster drama about Seoul, which was devastated by a major earthquake, and there is the only remaining Imperial palace apartment that begins with survivors gathering.

Park Seo-joon announces a new transformation as "Min-sung" in the play. Min sung, who has a strong sense of responsibility to protect his family in the midst of extreme disasters, is a person who is gradually changing with intense consideration for survival.

With his extraordinary immersion and delicate expression, Park Seo-joon has constructed a three-dimensional character that evokes empathy by convincingly portraying the character's precarious eyes and conflicting inner side at the crossroads of choice. In addition, Park Seo-joon, who met the new resident representative "Yeongtak" and formed a harmony with the ever-changing "Minsung," will give off a special chemistry with Lee Byung-hun, who plays the role of "Yeongtak." On top of that, Park Bo-young, who plays the role of "Myeonghwa," is expected to show the harmony of real couples by realistically expressing the family trying to protect each other even in disaster situations.

Director Um Tae-hwa expressed his trust, saying, "You will be able to see Park Seo-joon's 'acting comprehensive gift set'."

Park Seo-joon's deeper charm can be found in "Concrete Utopia," which will be released on August 9.

@Ephoenix  thanks for sharing this. I will definitely watch this movie for Park Seo Joon and Lee Byung Hun.   :heart2beat:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Park Seo Joon Is The Protector Of His Family In Upcoming Disaster Film “Concrete Utopia”

20230628070939_Park-Seo-Joon-01.jpg?s=90

Upcoming film “Concrete Utopia” has released its first stills featuring Park Seo Joon!

Loosely based on Part 2 of the hit webtoon “Joyful Outcast” (“Pleasant Neighbors”), “Concrete Utopia” is a new disaster thriller about the aftermath of a devastating earthquake. The film will follow the story that begins when the survivors gather at Hwang Goong Apartments, the only building left standing in an earthquake-ravaged Seoul.

Park Seo Joon will play Min Sung, a salaryman who gets chosen to assist Young Tak (Lee Byung Hun), who is the temporary leader of the residents of Hwang Goong Apartments, and becomes increasingly bold as he encounters crises. Park Seo Joon will also showcase realistic chemistry of a married couple with Park Bo Young who will play Min Sung’s wife and former nurse Myung Hwa.

In the newly released stills, Min Sung’s gaze shows his mixed feelings and inner conflict at the crossroads of choice.

park-seo-joon001.jpeg

park-seo-joon002.jpeg

“Concrete Utopia” will hit theaters this August. Check out a teaser here!

credit : soompi news

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote images. Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed its brand reputation rankings for all stars during the month of June! The rankings were determined through an analysis of various stars’ media coverage, consumer participation, interaction, and community awareness indexes, using big data collected from May 30 to June 30.     :Ohboy3:

Check out the top 30 for June below!

1. BTS
  2. Lim Young Woong
  3. PSY
  4. Son Heung Min
  5. Kang Daniel
  6. aespa
  7. BLACKPINK
  8. IU
  9. (G)I-DLE
  10. SEVENTEEN
  11. IVE
  12. Yoo Jae Suk
  13. Uhm Jung Hwa
  14. Ma Dong Seok
  15. Lee Chan Won
  16. Baek Jong Won
  17. NewJeans
  18. Stray Kids
  19. Park Seo Joon
  20. MONSTA X
  21. Song Joong Ki
  22. TWICE
  23. SHINee
  24. LE SSERAFIM
  25. NCT
  26. Tak Jae Hoon
  27. Lee Joon Hyuk
  28. Oh My Girl
  29. Lee Byung Hun
  30. Ryu Hyun Jin

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

source : http://www.beyondpost.co.kr/view.php?ud=202306291002405693499def050a_30

• Like 1

*** I re-watched "Jinny's Kitchen" just now -  It has me craving ramyeon while watching this show. I craved stuff (and I don’t imagine myself feeling this way because never will I eat a very spicy food)! All the food look absolutely delicious, I found myself drooling while watching. Although it seems they don't have that much experience in cooking, they look professional! I watched this via Prime Video. The show did not disappoint in their first episode. I am rating the first episode a solid 10/10. Truly enjoyable and entertaining with just start of the show. Everyone in the cast have different attitudes, sense of humor and how they handle stress that it only adds fun to the show. I was utterly excited to watch V do something new and see if he hones his skills in cooking, and as advertised; doing the dishes. Watching top Korean actors working tirelessly to run a restaurant in a foreign country is refreshing but the icing on the cake is the chemistry and the fun banter among the Wooga Squad. As always, Wooga is awesome to watch, so much fun to watch. I enjoy watching best friends tease each other. Actually, everyone's chemistry is on point for the entirety of its run time. Lee Seojin is perfect as a CEO who is money oriented but still takes care of his employees. He and Taehyung's funny banters are soul of the show (Kim Taehyung is just so cute) Director Yumi is really a perfect cook for Gimbap. I'm rooting for her gimbap and making rice bowls. And the corn dogs look so delicious. Park Seo Joon and Woo-Shik are such perfect guys for reality show. They make things interesting. What a wonderful time! I am totally in love with the show. It was full of laughter and fun! Park Seo Joon is my man as always! I love how confident he is, how he tries to do his best and I'm so glad Tae has him in his life. He's very good at what he does. He is so reliable. He is absolutely amazing in the kitchen as a chef! So versatile, and one of the calmest personalities ever! He is truly amazing! I enjoyed Woo Shik bickering with Tae. They're so in tuned with each other like they're almost twins. So NICE that people recognized Woo Shik from Parasite movie. It's interesting to see Mexicans coming to their restaurant and trying out Korean food. The idea of serving street food is perfect that will tantalize your taste buds. The location used for Jinny's Kitchen is connected to a hotel that wanted to expand, so the restaurant was demolished now. If there will be a Season 2 of Jinny's kitchen in the future, I can go along on the ride. The plot is simple but, endearing. That said, I've been recommending it to everyone who still haven’t watched the show yet. You can have 11 episodes of pure joy. They even have a local, loyal dog who has adopted the restaurant as a place to hang-out.        :kaching1:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

*** I can't wait for this movie.   :blush:

Watch: Park Seo Joon, Park Bo Young, Lee Byung Hun, And More Strive To Survive In Their Own Ways In “Concrete Utopia”

20230706032840_concrete-utopia.jpg?s=900

Upcoming film “Concrete Utopia” has released a new teaser and posters!

Loosely based on Part 2 of the hit webtoon “Joyful Outcast” (“Pleasant Neighbors”), “Concrete Utopia” is a new disaster thriller about the aftermath of a devastating earthquake. The film will follow the story that begins when the survivors gather at Hwang Goong Apartments, the only building left standing in an earthquake-ravaged Seoul.

In the newly released poster below, the presence of Young Tak (Lee Byung Hun), the temporary leader of the residents of Hwang Goong Apartments, overwhelms viewers’ attention with only his intense gaze and atmosphere. The text that reads, “I think that this apartment was chosen,” stimulates viewers’ curiosity about his leadership.

concrete-eutopia-01.jpeg

In the poster featuring Min Sung (Park Seo Joon), the text that reads, “It will be over if we get kicked out of here,” shows his desperation to protect his family.

concrete-eutopia-02.jpeg

On the other hand, the text on Myung Hwa’s (Park Bo Young’s) poster reads, “Shouldn’t it be our priority to find a way to survive all together?” showing her will, trying not to lose faith even in a life-or-death situation.

Hide contents

concrete-eutopia-03.jpeg

In addition, Geum Ae (Kim Sun Young) with her line, “Those who can enter this complex are our residents only,” Hye Won (Park Ji Hoo) with her line, “Everyone seems strangely hopeful,” and Do Kyun (Kim Do Yoon) with his line, “It’s a problem even if you have a conscience and even if you don’t,” add to the tension and raise anticipation for the story that will unfold at Hwang Goong Apartments.

concrete-eutopia-04.jpegconcrete-eutopia-05.jpegconcrete-eutopia-06.jpeg

The teaser that was released along with the posters previews each character’s own way of protecting and surviving.

Watch the full teaser below!

“Concrete Utopia” will hit theaters on August 9. Stay tuned!

credit : soompi news

• Like 1