Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

8 Korean Actors And Actresses Who Have Ventured Into Hollywood

park-seo-joon-han-hyo-joo-yoo-teo.jpg?s=

Often times when a Korean celebrity hits famous status, they will consider going into Hollywood. The opportunity presents itself in the form of a movie, TV show, or even a cameo appearance, and eventually it gets a lot of buzz.

There have been a fair share of these actors and actresses, but here are eight actors and actresses who have ventured into Hollywood.

Park Seo Joon

Park-Seo-Joon-2.jpeg

Park Seo Joon is one of the newer faces on the list of Koreans who have decided to take on some Hollywood roles. As he is considered to be one of the biggest K-drama actors in the industry, it was only a matter of time before he caved into the relentless scripts and opportunities he received from Hollywood. When it was finally confirmed that Park Seo Joon would be joining the Marvel Universe, fans were ecstatic. He is set to star in the upcoming sequel to “Captain Marvel” sometime in 2023, and I’m so excited to see him shine in this role!

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

*** IU and Park Seo Joon spoke about their thoughts on working together for the upcoming movie "Dream" when they graced the media briefing. At the press conference, IU praised Park Seo Joon for his impressive work ethic. During the interview obtained by a media outlet, she says she feels jealous of how he managed to convey his character's emotion in one go. "Every time the director makes an unexpected request, I was so amazed and envious watching him flexibly accept it and make it his own," she said, referring to how versatile PSJ is with his acting spectrum.  "I've always been a fan of IU," PSJ said, adding that it was "fun" and "nice" to meet her through an interesting project. Also, Park Seo Joon says that he started filming "Dream" right after the "Itaewon Class."  According to him, the team experience "many twists and turns" before they introduce the movie to the viewers, adding "It's new to see myself three years ago."  He admitted that he is worried and at the same time excited about the premiere since the viewers haven't been in cinemas for a long time. "Dream" is slated to hit the big screen on April 26.   :shaq:

dream-press-conference.jpg?w=820

dream-press-conference.jpg?w=820

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=312&aid=0000603780

• Love 2

28 minutes ago, yaya1241 said:

Dream 3/30 Presscom with English subtitles 

@yaya1241  thanks for sharing this. Ohhh............... he recalled the training process and said, “I felt like throwing up because I trained a lot. It was difficult to run for a while on the futsal field, so I tried to boost my stamina.”  Poor Seo Joon! The presscon was held at Megabox Seongsu in Seongdong-gu, Seoul yesterday, March 30th. Park Seo Joon shared, “I usually went to the morning soccer club, but it was not easy to play the role of a soccer player and get in shape. Fortunately, I observed a lot of players because I like soccer, so I knew ‘I have to make this kind of visual’. However, even if I could create a similar visual, skills weren’t something I could keep up with.”   :7555_attack:

20230330114331562hkfz.jpg

photo source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230330114331019

• Like 1

*** During presscon, Park Seo Joon said to look and act like a professional soccer player, he worked on bulking up and went through intensive training sessions. He added that he can now understand how his best friend, Son Heung-min who's a soccer player is at “another level” after playing this role. “Dream” hits local theaters on April 26.   :heart2beat:

http://res.heraldm.com/content/image/2023/03/30/20230330000744_0.jpg

credit : Korea Herald

• Like 1

*** During the presscon, PSJ was asked if he got any advice from his best friend Son Heung-min, who plays for Tottenham Hotspur, he said, "Son is a national football player, which means he's on a different level. Even if he had given me some advice, I wouldn't understand because I'm no good with football knowledge. Before we started filming, however, Son told me he's looking forward to 'Dream.'" I hope "Dream" will be a success! It's an entertaining movie.   :Woah:

optimize

credit : Korea Times

• Like 1

*** April is not only for pranks but also for stress awareness. Let’s look at PSJ's past interviews regarding stress relievers. He was able to disclose his secrets of maintaining his peace. He said, “Sharing with others doesn't necessarily solve my problems. But after I talk to someone, my worries feel lighter. So I open up to my close friends and share the hard times, although it doesn't solve my problems. But I regain my energy to carry on. So I try my best to share them.” This April 26, SeoJun’s new movie “Dream” will premiere.   :heart2:

park_seojoon_picture.jpg

d1de9724-5b0d-45e5-8b51-7a289c533c47_101

source : https://metro.style/wellness/mind-and-spirituality/park-seo-joon-mental-health/25275

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

10 Besties-Turned-Lovers K-Dramas For The Romantic Soul

Soundtrack-1-Fight-My-Way.jpg?s=900x600&

You may fall in love many times, but some people think that falling in love with your best friend is the best thing ever.

And many great K-drama couples have taken this advice quite literally. The progress of childhood friends who progress from nitpicking, bickering, and bantering to some very explosive chemistry and romance is a much loved trope in several dramas. If you are looking at your best friend and wondering if they are the one, here are 10 such K-dramas to check out where childhood friends transitioned to life partners.

She Was Pretty

She-was-pretty.png

Fate works in strange ways. Kim Hye Jin, a pretty and rich young girl, befriends Ji Sung Joon, a young boy weighed down by self-esteem issues and mocked for being plump. The two are close until Sung Joon moves to the United States. Years later, Hye Jin (Hwang Jung Eum) is hustling between jobs, her family having gone bankrupt, and she lives a humble existence. Sadly, she is no longer pretty in the classical sense of the word.

Sung Joon (Park Seo Joon), now a strikingly handsome and sought-after editor of a magazine, is back in Seoul. He has been looking to connect with his best friend and first love, Hye Jin. But Hye Jin, feeling complexed about her looks and situation, asks her best friend Hye Ri (Go Joon Hee) to meet him as her. Matters get complicated when Hye Jin finds herself working for a lifestyle magazine which is led by Sung Joon, and Sung Joon, who initially keeps belittling her for her incompetence, finds himself drawn towards her cheery personality. Aspects of Hye Jin’s character and behavior remind him of the girl he had left behind. And the cool yet cocky Shin Hyuk (Choi Siwon), a features writer who is deeply affectionate towards Hye Jin, gives Sung Joon some serious competition.

With its emphasis on self worth and beauty being just skin deep, “She Was Pretty” is a delightfully fun rom-com. The comedy, the humorous situations, and the romantic plot blend in seamlessly. Aside from Park Seo Joon and Hwang Jung Eum’s great chemistry, Choi Siwon will win you over with his cheeky charm.

Start watching “She Was Pretty”:

Watch Now

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Fight My Way”

Fight-for-my-way.jpg

We all have that one friend who knows us better than anyone. Dong Man (Park Seo Joon) and Ae Ra (Kim Ji Won) have been besties since they were kids – they have each other’s back and never lived a day apart from the other.

Dong Man’s life revolved around taekwondo and the martial arts, but a competitive fight gone wrong has compelled him to put his dreams on the back burner. His personal life is not great either since his ex-girlfriend dumped him to marry a rich man. Ae Ra, on the other hand, aspires to be a show host and a presenter, but has only faced constant rejections. Constantly squabbling, their teasing banter smoothly progresses into something deeper when they realize their feelings run deeper than just friendship.

“Fight My Way” strikes a chord for its realism. It’s a story of ordinary people, their hopes, dreams, and aspirations to make it big against the odds. Park Seo Joon as the unassuming Dong Man and Kim Ji Won as the opinionated Ae Ra are both relatable characters, and the couple’s onscreen camaraderie is effortlessly natural.

Start watching “Fight My Way”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for variety shows!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, interaction, media coverage, community awareness, and viewership indexes of 50 popular variety programs, using big data collected from March 2 to April 2. tvN’s “Jinny’s Kitchen” rose to the top of this month’s list with a brand reputation index of 6,563,911 for April.   :kaching3:

Check out the top 20 for this month below!

1. “Jinny’s Kitchen”
  2. “How Do You Play?”
  3. “Home Alone” (“I Live Alone”)
  4. “Running Man”
  5. “You Quiz on the Block”
  6. My Little Old Boy
  7. Knowing Bros” (“Ask Us Anything”)
  8. Radio Star
  9. 2 Days & 1 Night Season 4
  10. Immortal Songs
  11. The Heavenly Idol
  12. Our Blooming Youth
  13. The King of Mask Singer
  14. Shooting Stars” (“Kick a Goal”)
  15. “Tasty Guys”
  16. Call of the Country
  17. The Manager
  18. “National Singing Contest”
  19. “Gayo Stage”
  20. I Am Solo

99530_215888_5151.jpg

source : http://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=99530

• Like 1

50 Best KDramas to watch right now

Right from Crash Landing on You and Alchemy of Souls to Squid Game and Goblin, keep scrolling for a comprehensive list of the best KDramas to watch ASAP!

It’s good news for all the entertainment-loving audiences out there, because this time we have curated an ultimate list to guide you through the world of Korean entertainment. In fact, right from interesting cast to addictive plots, we have hand selected only the best Kdramas to watch right now. Apart from an interestingly intense and unpredictable storyline we have made sure to list down incredibly binge-worthy shows that will definitely make you a K-drama fanatic.

Ahead, find the best Kdramas to watch right away, along with their IMDb ratings and OTT platforms. 

6. Itaewon Class

• Genre: Drama, Romance
  • Cast: Park Seojoon, Kim Dami, Yoo Jaemyung
  • Director: SungYoon Kim
  • Writer: Gwang Jin
  • Year of release: 2020
  • OTT Platform: Netflix
  • IMDb Rating: 8.2/10

Itaewon Class is a romantic drama that features the tale of Park Saeroyi and his restaurant in Itaewon. Interestingly, Park was in prison before he got out and opened his own restaurant. The Netflix show features the complications between Jang Geunwon and Park Saeroyi. Watch the show to witness the best of revenge tales, power struggles, plot twists and so much more.

37. What's Wrong With Secretary Kim

• Genre: Comedy, Mystery, Romance 
  • Cast: Park MinYoung, Park Seojoon, Lee Tae Hwan
  • Director: Ji Yeong Choi, Joon Hwa Park  `
  • Writer: Jung EunYoung, KyungYoon Jung
  • Year of release: 2018
  • OTT Platform: Netflix, Hulu
  • IMDb Rating: 8.1/10

You’ve got to watch What's Wrong With Secretary Kim on Netflix or Hulu if you are serious about having a good time.

The show features the best stars including  Park Min Young, Park Seojoon, and Lee Tae Hwan among others. It is a genuinely sweet romantic show with a pinch of comedy and drama. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Pinkvilla

• Like 2

*** "Jinny's Kitchen" is one of the Top 10 buzzworthy non-drama TV shows in the fourth week of March!

1. JTBC “Peak Time”
  2. Mnet “Boys Planet”
  3. MBC “Home Alone” (“I Live Alone”)
  4. tvN “You Quiz on the Block”
  5. tvN “Jinny’s Kitchen”
  6. ENA PLAY/SBS Plus “I Am Solo
  7. MBC “How Do You Play?”
  8. SBS “Running Man
  9. MBC “The Manager
  10. SBS “Shooting Stars” (“Kick a Goal”)

Most-Buzzworthy-Non-Drama-TV-Shows.jpg

• Like 2

Spoiler

Watch: IU Brings The Best Out In Park Seo Joon By Unconventional Means In Upcoming Film “Dream”

Watch: IU Brings The Best Out In Park Seo Joon By Unconventional Means In Upcoming Film “Dream”

Park Seo Joon and IU’s upcoming film “Dream” has unveiled additional posters and a teaser!

Created by director Lee Byung Hun of “Extreme Job” and “Melo is My Nature,” “Dream” tells the story of a group of people playing soccer for the first time for the Homeless World Cup. Park Seo Joon stars as Yoon Hong Dae, a professional soccer player on disciplinary probation who becomes the coach of the ragtag soccer team, while IU plays producing director Lee So Min who is making a documentary about the team.

The newly released poster captures coach Yoon Hong Dae and dispassionate producing director Lee So Min as well as the homeless soccer team. The text, “We have no home, but we have a dream,” highlights a story of taking on a near-impossible challenge.

Dream-1.jpegDream-2.jpeg

The second teaser for “Dream” begins with the meeting between Yoon Hong Dae and Lee So Min and previews the comical yet heartwarming process of an unlikely soccer team, with members who were selected based on their background circumstances rather than their skills, overcoming crisis together and becoming a team.

In the preview, Lee So Min isn’t discreet in her methods to create an interesting documentary on the Homeless World Cup. She explains, “The selection matches are a mere formality, and the selection criteria is how pitiful their story is. That’s what makes a drama.”

Although Yoon Hong Dae asks, “What kind of documentary has [scripted] lines?” he appears to be getting into his role as a coach as Lee So Min compliments him, “I feel as if your acting is getting better as the days go by.” Despite the various hardships they face, Yoon Hong Dae tells the team, “I won’t say to get back up after you fall. If you fall, stick your foot out and make [the opponents] fall.”

At the end of the trailer, Lee So Min pleads, “Please just win once.” Yoon Hong Dae heartlessly replies, “Then you run in the match,” which is technically allowed.

Check out the teaser below!

On top of Yoon Hong Dae and Lee So Min’s bickering chemistry, the Homeless World Cup team members Kim Hwan Dong (Kim Jong Soo), Jeon Hyo Bong (Go Chang Suk), Son Bum Soo (Jung Seung Gil), Kim In Sun (Lee Hyun Woo), Jeon Moon Soo (Yang Hyun Min), and Jo Young Jin (Hong Wan Pyo) will also showcase unique teamwork and captivate audiences.

“Dream” will premiere in theaters on April 26.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1577134wpp/watch-iu-brings-the-best-out-in-park-seo-joon-by-unconventional-means-in-upcoming-film-dream

• Like 1

*** On March 31 episode of tvN's television show 'Jinny's Kitchen', they were seen welcoming customers that Choi Woo Shik  told them, "Come and eat at our restaurant. I'll be serving you. Have you watched 'Parasite'? I was in it." They said, "Oh! We don't know any other Korean movies, but we know 'Parasite'. We've seen it. It's amazing that you were in it!  After that, he also bragged to the customers about his good friends Park Seo Jun and V. After serving them some mouth-watering Korean dishes that they ordered, Choi Woo Shik proudly told them while pointing in the direction of Park Seo Jun, "Friends, he's 'The Marvels' guy."  The customers asked in surprise, "Oh, which movie?", and Park Seo Jun shyly replied, "It's 'Captain Marvel'. The next one." Then, they all said "Wow!"  I LOL seeing their reaction. Then Choi Woo Shik told them about V this time. When they nodded to his question, "Do you know BTS?", he excitedly said, "He's BTS.", pointing at V.  They commented, "It must've been strange to you that we didn't recognize you right away. With such fame, it must be difficult to walk around the streets in Korea. Was it nice for you to be able to walk about freely here though?"  Choi Woo Shik answered "We've been way too busy that we had no time to see anything around this area yet."  When their conversation ended, the customers said to each other, "BTS is like the most popular boy band in the world right now. Their YouTube videos get the most views.  :heart2:

201768693_700.webp

201768694_700.webp

photos source : SBS Star

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

*** After the trailer of the movie "Dream" was released, it’s great to see Park Seo Joon and IU’s chemistry.  The chemistry was very good. The movie release is nearing...... I hope it will be the most anticipated movie this spring.   :sweet:

• Like 1

25 K-Dramas To Celebrate 25 Memorable Years With Soompi

25-dramas-4.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

Can you believe it—Soompi is 25 years old!

Soompi first launched in 1998, and we have loved experiencing all the excitement of Korean entertainment with you.

Thank you for continuing to support Soompi, and walk down memory lane with us as we celebrate the past 25 years with a drama that aired each year!

2018: “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim

secretary-kim.jpeg

In this webtoon-based hit rom-com, Park Seo Joon plays Lee Young Joon, the narcissistic vice president of his family’s company, while Park Min Young is his personal secretary Kim Mi So. When Kim Mi So announces her resignation, Lee Young Joon suddenly realizes that he can’t live without her and makes several proposals to try to make her stay, and this begins an unexpected love story with a hidden secret of the past.

Watch “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” below:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 2

*** Samyang Foods’ Ramen looks like the main sponsor of the tvN’s ‘Jinny’s Kitchen’ show. Their flagship product, Hot Chicken Flavor Ramen, is prominently featured on the program. We see PSJ and V enjoying cooking the “Buldak Jjajang Ramen,” a dish that combines Samyang Foods’ black bean sauce with Hot Chicken Flavor Ramen. The show also featured “Fire Ramen,” which contributed to Hot Chicken Flavor Ramen’s popularity by using it as its main ingredient. Fans from all over the world are especially interested in the noodles that BTS’s V and PSJ cooked for their customers. I'm not into anything spicy but, I've seen this Hot Chicken Flavor Ramen by Samyang Foods’ in supermarkets here in my side. I read before that over 70 percent of the firm’s foreign sales is coming from the Hot Chicken brand.   :rubchin:

0000042431_002_20230328080903764.png?typ

photos source : https://n.news.naver.com/article/243/0000042431

• Like 2

*** Awesome Entertainment is one of the most popular Agencies or Labels in Korea now. Established in 2018, in comparison with other leading agencies in Korea, Awesome Entertainment might be relatively new, but they house some of the biggest names in K-Drama and this is PSJ's management agency. I'm sure he's in good hands.  :Megathanks:

park-seojun.jpg

• Like 2