[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

Guest hppsosmile

at least..ep.7 is not too sad. cute scenes here and there.
It's interesting how MH gets yelled and treated like a normal person everytime he is with YJ..(ex.by his mom) and how YJ gets real just by messing with her bf, take it MH!! come on, YJ.. the signature on the hospital bill(7yrs dating? not knowing the sig?;;)..so that's prob the way she will find out it was MH. also having a feeling that it will be MH's turn to suffer soon from knowing the truth and loving YJ. WOW this drama is tossing us w/ the feels so well. GJ -0-
And woah..DH character is changing to the dark side pretty quick. BSB is doing a good job;; Still don't think it was MH's doing to San. SIGH (next epiiiis...oood...eee...plz) 

btw..anyone spazzing over kwangsoo character? LOL he looks interesting and full of secrets fsr. let along looking good just standing not saying much xD

I feel MH's stepmother is exactly his real mother and her daughter is not really her daughter you can see in ep 7 that she want to buy a fake bag for her daughter isn't that strange they are rich but she is stingy to buy somethings expensive to her daughter but instead she buy expensive ring for MH for his engagement if she really hate MH then why she want him to marry SY isn't that will be against her sake if she really want the money then it will be good to get rid of MH so that all the money will be for her and her daughter but what I see is that she always try to solve the problem between MH and his father , I think there is big secret behind her      

I think DH mother had something to do with yj baby disappearance. As for the blackbox thing dh might find it first but not before someone makes a copy! That generally happens unless mh gets it first and views it and then hands it over to dh. Either way I want Dh and his family to rot.

the OTP scenes are not only funny but weird. its so weird that even characters in the drama think it is bizarre.

SY does not understand why MH would invite YJ and have a drink with her. their interactions are not spewing with venom, instead its almost like they are a man and woman. as SY points out, first it is surgery for her father and now, the bakery loan. if we think about it from her perspective, it is strange. why would these two interact unless as SY points out that if YJ is shameless. because YJ is Ji Hee's killer according to MH...

even for DH, it is weird. if I was a maid in MH's house and watching YJ being dragged by MH, I would never guess at their true relationship. since I re-watched that scene several times, I noticed something rather interesting -- YJ actually does not try to really break his hold on her hand by pulling her hand away -- which is what you would normally do; instead, she puts her hand on his forearm to kind of stop him from walking, to listen to her. he instead keeps walking and they keep chatting. the way they chat -- from an outsider perspective, it would look like they are in a kind of relationship. also, he is not holding her hands aggressively -- as in, she is holding his back and so its not like she is just passive. when she sees DH, it takes her a good while to realize that she is still holding MH's hands. when MH walks away with her, there is almost no resistance from her till they are in the bar.

whereas when DH comes to take her, he puts his hand on her arm and when she walks, she is almost stumbling to keep up -- so a more classical scene with him dragging here...

the board room scene was hilarious and even more so because YJ answers his call in a very hopeful, sing-song voice. if it is just business and this is the man's whose girlfriend you ran over and now owe a huge debt to, why would you answer his call with such optimism? for any member of the board who were sitting there, they would have automatically thought this was some girlfriend who was calling him.. same with the taxi scene where he falls asleep on her lap, if you were the taxi driver, what would you assume?

so while MH has never even eaten a meal with SY, he has already had breakfast and some coffee from YJ..

while these are great OTP scenes, it is still a tad strange for both of them; at least with MH, we know that he is obsessed and stalking her -- that is pretty much open. but what is going on with YJ?

@SherinaJhtan, I agree with you that the funny scenes (thought delightful) seem like fanservice. I am sure people are clamouring for more YJ-MH interaction.  Would the live ratings chart show which scenes are most popular with Korean audiences (I am pretty sure they do). If the ratings are highest during those scenes, then maybe we can expect to see more of them.,

the writer has done a great job with layering DH's character this week; it makes me re-think some of my assumptions. the scene with the initial confrontation with his parents are interesting; when he tells his dad about things he has done in order to fulfill their dream -- you can see that this whole hit and run was not something that he just brushed off and forgot about for a few years. it was there in his heart weighing him down. so if his parents didn't dream of him being a prosecutor, would he have made a different choice? probably not, but the thing is DH believes that he might have. so he is haunted by what ifs -- that he might have not run and not got scared and not let YJ take the blame... as he tells SY, it is human to regret and to try and correct mistakes and make it a bigger one (or something like that)... he is frustrated that while he wanted to fight for victims who are oppressed, in reality, he wasn't good enough to do anything. he wasn't a really good prosecutor and he is able to admit that to his parents.

also how interesting is that he has a such a bad rep among his fellow lawyers and no one wants to hire him... so even though he is a top law graduate, was he not good at his job at all?

was really surprised that DH remembered his first meeting with SY; not only does he remember how they met but what she was wearing! was also shocked that he equates SY as someone he needs to protect and that she reminds him of Ji Hee who he did not help. so he feels compelled to help her, protect her because he did not do what he should the first time around? then, how far will he go to protect SY?
[side note: how strange note is that for MH, Ji Hee immediately brings up YJ in his mind whereas for DH, it is SY..]

DH should be an interesting character to watch as he evolves further. as the chairman secretary noted -- someone who throws their convictions away is not to be trusted.

Guest Sherina JhTan

@lmangla Well, i guess the interaction scenes are mainly for the fans and audience viewing pleasure, even though they dont quite make sense.In my opinion, it makes the drama a tad shallow. But nevertheless, i dont think anyone will be complaining given the high ratings. ^^

@cyndkf Thank you for always replying my queries and all!  >< haha. Yup, i agree. but i dont think episode 8 will have anythin more than ep 7 though, judging by the preview. Nevertheless, still enjoy the drama as always

I think DH mother had something to do with yj baby disappearance. As for the blackbox thing dh might find it first but not before someone makes a copy! That generally happens unless mh gets it first and views it and then hands it over to dh. Either way I want Dh and his family to rot.

@Lmangla, awesome post (and not for the first time).  DH's character is complex - and a role which is very difficult to play, which is why BSB said it's a role an actor must attempt at least once.  
How far can we trust the character descriptions?
http://english.kbs.co.kr/tv/characters.html?tv_code=21

An Do-hoon  Character: Bae Soo-bin

It seemed he could accomplish his longed-for dream to be a happy father…

Due to the fatal choice on the happiest day in his life, Do-hoon is faced with a cruel fate.

Unquote

Does "happiest day in his life" refer to his being offered a job as prosecutor or his love for YJ, thus his proposal to her on that fateful day  Does "happy father'  mean that he would not be one who'd harm his baby son?

@SherinaJhtan, yep, I don't think Ep 8 will have too many funny scenes. I look forward to more drama and intensity.  BTW I was amused at how Straits Times Life on 9 October described "Secret Love" in the "must watch"  section:  "Stars Bae Soo Bin (right) and Hwang Jung Eum (far right)"  :)