[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

I was going to come check the thread tomorrow after watching ep7. but something pulled me here and - for the love of god - this has gone huge! Good material girls!

I already said this and I will say it again: I HATE DH! Truly hate him, probably the character I hate the most in all k-dramas history (ok, I’m exaggerating a tiny bit). So his crocodile tears, cute proposal and lousy attempts to visit YJ at jail while volunteering had me confused for a moment BUT giving it one-more-minute-thought he was a terrible boyfriend from start off.

We already know YJ supported him and his family during his career, so my feeling is THIS is the only reason why he stayed next to her for so many years. Love? I don’t think so. It never felt as if he was as involved as she was. On their anniversary he didn’t pick up her calls and even went to a blind date. She seemed blue about it and faked a phone call in front of her friends. The signs are there: he’s just not that into you.

Every little expression of concern and love after the accident is extremely questionable, come on! You just don’t make the person you love go to jail on your behalf! You don’t! Visiting her at jail and taking care of his father, I only see those as attempts to keep her calm and at ease, after all she knows the whole truth! This is not only about who was driving but – at that point - mostly because of their relationship.

I’m almost positive that DH is involved in absolutely every single crime that this drama is presenting (Note: I’m always wrong LOL so this might become the inverse as in him being a hero…but whatever).

MH & EX-GF: YES, probably his father is involved in their break up, but I don’t think MH is in the blue about this. I even think he might have agreed to end up with her at some given point based on what SY told him about feeling guilty. NO, I don’t think his father is involved in the accident (even though he is present when MH got her phone call).

THE ACCIDENT: Was just an accident and it was caused by DH. Not guilty for bumping into her, but indeed for leaving her there. For me there’s not an option of another car hitting her, it would be pointless if it happened that way, like a very bad joke, so I’m not into that theory.

SAN: It hurts to say so, but I believe MH is the responsible for taking the kid away from YJ. I don’t think at that point DH had the connections enough to make that happen, so it’s probably MH’s deed. One thing for sure: he didn’t ask for the beat up (if it’s a beat up at all). In regards San’s “death” that is on DH’s shoulders for sure, one way or another. I don’t care if he hide him, or his mother did. It’s on him. If the kid is really dead DH would have gone through the illness with him (if he didn’t he just proves again he is a f*** piece of s*** man), if not he should know the boy was never sick.

YJ’s DAD DEATH: The award goes to DH. I read some posts implying that maybe MH is involved, not a chance for me. Around that time MH had already asked for his lovely secretary to stop following her so he is clueless about her father. Plus nothing indicates he could have been related.

DH going on MH: For just one brief second I thought maybe DH was good after all and everything he did was in order to protect YJ and his son from MH, and confronting him just a way to make him pay or stop. But then again, if it was the case why not alarm YJ about this? Communication people!!! I know it’s a drama, but anyways, if MH’s intentions were ever good he could have TALK TO HIS GF and tell her “get the f*** away from this man who is trying to ruin your life, I will hide our kid and protect you no matter what”. Instead while watching her begging to the same person who is crashing her he does NOTHING giving me the creeps. So for me it’s likely that DH going after MH is merely because he knows the truth about his relationship with YJ and has become a big threat for his goals.

DH going on SY: So for all we know they met during volunteering at jail, apparently he never noticed her UNTIL after she walks to him and he reads her card discovering she is a chabeol daughter. LOL. That’s when his eyes start glittering. He sees her as what she REALLY is (everything else she tries to be is fake): rich, insecure and desperate to be loved (by MH). Bingo!  There goes a new ladder for him to climb.

MH falling for YJ: It has already happened, only he doesn’t know it yet, right now his just starting to realize he respects her. I like to think that what has started as revenge has turned into instinct and that right now he doesn’t follow her out of neither revenge nor obsession but GUT. I know it’s kind of idealistic but I think after observing her for so long he knows deep down that something is off, something doesn’t add up on this equation, thus he is unconsciously following his gut. He will feel guilty for sure, but he will compensate by protecting her and revealing the truth.

YJ falling for MH: Well this is going to be hard. Her jail roommate – now back in store - will sooner or later unclose what truly happened with San and that will be a major and the only step back for the OTP (if my theories about MH being related are right). Why do I think this is the only threat to our couple? The fact that she went to jail has nothing to do with MH, she will not blame him for this. The way he threatened her and his wrong deeds towards her (ie. buying the bread shop) she knows all about them and she also now knows and understands his reasons and motivations. I am not worried about her moving on from DH. The girl has gone through so much already and she doesn’t owe him anything, I think she is at peace knowing she has put her life on the line for that man and still she was brave, strong and mature enough to let go of him. So I’m thinking that even before getting to know his true colors she will allow herself to develop feelings for MH.

Well I ended up writing much more than I wanted, so be it. The ones who already read some of my other posts most likely know that I never nail it hahaha ohhh but its soooo relieving!

I’m in the blue about “the fake sister” what is that all about? I noticed I’ve been missing out on some parts! Someone please enlighten me?

@amoresperros,  please keep on writing more - I for one love reading others'  thoughts (especially because it's difficult for me to articulate my thoughts).
The fake sister -  I think this is referring to MH's half sister who may not be his half sister after all but DH's sister (DH's mum said she lost a daughter).
http://news.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/201310/h20131016142224133420.htm

Thanks to Google Translate, the gist seems to be good news re advertising  but I sure would love to know what the article really says.  Would be most grateful if someone could enlighten us on this.
Although Secret has not been given much hype in the English language blogs, I heard (there was this lady who reviewed Secret  and talked about it in her clip on Youtube) that Secret has been much hyped in Korean blogs - yay!

I too like the progression of this drama. There are so many secrets or skeleton in the closet to uncover. I am so intrigued by the storyline - I am eagerly waiting for the scene when MH finds out that YJ was not the driver in the hit and run incident involving his girlfriend. I want to absorb MH's facial expression when he learns the truth. I also look forward to the scene when MH admits to himself that he has fallen in love with YJ! Plus, the truths about San...dead or alive; and DH's involvement with YJ's father's death. This drama's storyline keeps me thinking and engaged! Soooo riveting and exciting....thank you writer-nim. Waiting for tomorrow!!

Lmangla said: ladytron33 said: Okay, this is pure speculation here, and I am probably WAAAAYYYYY off base, but does anyone think the mystery behind MH's half sister and San's possible faked death might be related? We know that DH's mother "lost" a daughter. What if she actually faked the baby's death and gave her away because she didn't have the money to raise her? She didn't seem all too cut up about it when she was telling YJ. Maybe the second wife lost her child and was desperate to have one to hold on to her place in MH's family. So she bought the baby from DH's mom and passed it off as her own. Obviously this is a ridiculous scenario, but we are talking about makjang K-Drama here -- anything is possible! And what is a melodrama without some birth secrets ;)

Through discovering the half sister's connection to DH's family, that might lead YJ to finding San. If that horrible mother did it once, she can do it again. Just a thought. A crazy, improbable thought...

@rryd, thank you so much for the clarification.  BTW I see that this is your first post here (a most welcome one) so welcome :)
This blogger has given good coverage of the drama Secret (even covering the press conference) and I like her (his?) thoughts on the drama and the OSTs:
http://beatuscorner.blogspot.sg/2013/10/secret-ost-part-1-incurable-disease-by.html

http://beatuscorner.blogspot.sg/2013/10/secret-ost-part-2-secret-by-eru.html

http://beatuscorner.blogspot.sg/2013/10/secret-ost-part-3-i-want-to-go-back-to.html

Guest fantast1k1

To all the Secret Service, Secret Agents, Secret Lovers, Secret Keepers, Secret Blowers, Secret Admirers, Secret Filers, Secret Makers...are there any links for live streaming? Chebalyo [-O< [-O< [-O<

I skip out for a day and found myself missing out on 6 pages of fun XD. A big thanks to everyone on this thread for making the wait bearable, but yay - less than four hours to go! This is like being back in high school and waiting for the bell to ring all over again $-)

@fantast1ksuae, here are a few links kindly posted by others:
http://streamingkpop.blogspot.de/search/label/KBS%202%20LIVE%20TV
The above link worked great for me for Ep 4 but not for Ep 5 and 6 - my guess is that too many people were also trying to watch it online
http://tv.exitoostore.com/2013/06/tv-online-kbs2-v5-hq.html#.Ul5j-NI0WuJ

http://www.fengyunzhibo.com/tv/17803_1346064088384.htm

The above two links didn't work well for me for Ep 5 and 6 - for earlier episodes I think there were like 5,000 or 6,000 people trying to watch; by Ep 6, the number had risen to 11,000.  Is that why the streaming didn't work?
Would be most grateful if more links can be provided but if not, thank you in advance to people who kindly provide screencaps :)
Good luck!