[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Y'all have probably already talked about this, but I finally watched the MUD episodes with SJH and her appearance on Knowing Bros. Just a few thoughts:

I cracked up when the hosts of MUD asked her which among the sons was her ideal type. She sat there, mumbling over her words, until KJK's mom took pity on her and took KJK out of the equation. Suddenly, with KJK gone, SJH could easily pick one of them. Lol. My guess is that SJH's true answer is KJK, but she doesn't want to say it on the show and have multiple articles about it, but she also doesn't want to give a different answer in front of KJK's mom. In the end, there's something very suspicious about male-female co-workers who suddenly name each other as their ideal types after working together for eight years and despite marriage rumors floating around about them. That being said, KJK and SJH are each other's ideal types (or at least they've become so over the last few years). I love when the other RM cast members drop hints. Such as YJS saying that SJH likes honest guys right after KJK says that he would tell his girlfriend about all his exes, and YJS saying that KJK's partner is his type because KJK likes "natural beauties". (Thank you, YJS.)

I was kind of surprised to hear that KJK's mom didn't know who he dates. Maybe it's a cultural/generational difference, but it throws me off that he could date someone for seven and six years and not introduce her to his mom. I remember back on the episode where his mom guested on RM, we had a long talk about whether his mom knew KJK and SJH were dating. (You'd have to look back through this forum to find the pages). I still don't know, to be honest. I'd have to rewatch the episode. But KJK's mom definitely tried to help SJH out with questions regarding KJK. E.g. when SJH had to pick an ideal type, KJK's mom took him off the table, and when SJH was explaining the dating rumors, KJK's mom said that "You two a very close". His mom even said how disappointed she was because even though they've known each other for years, they've never dated. Lol KK's mom gave SJH the perfect out, and SJH had to go on and explain that work and the show stopped anything from happening between them lol.

Also I laughed when the moms picked up that SJH liked KJK. How obvious is SJH? They still argued on behalf of their sons, but you could tell that KJK's mom was the clear winner. 

I also enjoyed the Knowing Bros teasing, but all I could think was "I can see why KJK and SJH might want to put some distance between them on RM for a little while." SJH was definitely over sensitive to any mention of KJK, and her friend KHC certainly didn't help. SJH did outright say they weren't dating in the episode, but I'm not surprised. She was being over-reactive and they kept pressuring her, and it probably would've been very suspicious if she didn't deny it at that point. 

I have mixed feelings about everyone teasing them now. As a fan, I love it, but I hope they don't feel pressured by people constantly asking them about each other.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, linzer03 said:

I was kind of surprised to hear that KJK's mom didn't know who he dates. Maybe it's a cultural/generational difference, but it throws me off that he could date someone for seven and six years and not introduce her to his mom. I remember back on the episode where his mom guested on RM, we had a long talk about whether his mom knew KJK and SJH were dating. (You'd have to look back through this forum to find the pages).

for me, when KJK's mom guested on RM, she already felt there's something between her son and SJH.

but she didn't asked KJK about his true relationship with SJH. 

she's waiting for KJK to tell her instead

she knows the consequences for being a celebrity, and if KJK choose not to tell her atm, she's fine with it.

there's a saying you don't have to know yet, so if someone ask, you don't have to lie

but ofc, she couldn't help but to tease SJH when they met on MUD :D 

2 hours ago, linzer03 said:

SJH did outright say they weren't dating in the episode, but I'm not surprised. She was being over-reactive and they kept pressuring her, and it probably would've been very suspicious if she didn't deny it at that point. 

yup, but iirc after she denied, she said but what if we did dating ?

when the bros were shocked, she giggled and say this is fun 

i guess, she got revenge on them for pressuring her too much :D 

there something interesting when KHD said that SJH tenor and way of speech evokes JK, he can even see JK face when looking at JH (lol).

this is absolutely true bcoz on ep 412, an angry JH turn her hat and said "that was so....okay, i get it"

not just her tone, but her gesture and face expression really resemble KJK.

ofc, SJH said the same thing, that it's because they have worked together for 8 years, they're like family, so it make sense if they resemble each other.

but, as someone in this forum have said, if that's the reason, did we ever see SJH resembling YJS, JSJ, HH or LKS ?

why she only resemble and copying KJK ?

• Like 6

Hai guys, meet me again!

Review SA Moment ep 418

Spoiler

SA Moment Running Man ep 418:

Theme: Dangerous Delivery, Briefcase Delivery ( Part 1)

First Segment:

We can see KJK so fast learn  a new thing without guided and SJH must be guided by expert first  and then she can do well too. For hints they played games.

First Game ( They must ear 5 pieces of snack within 3 minutes whom controlled by flying drone)

KJK and SJH side by side first, and SJH whose had the cookie first in first round, they even slightly separated from each other(JSJ whom controlled the drone,LOL). In second round they separated and this time KJK success ate 2 cookies by bite the string first, and then SJH ate the cookie again( HH take controlled the drone). After that in Third Round KJK controlled the drone and made YSC, JSM, YSC again, SJH and at last LKS (even he got bite by YJS at his neck, LOL)

Second Game ( 4 on 4 Drone Soccer)

KJK joined SJH’s team, along with LKS and YJS. First, KJK and LKS failed, and Candy Alliances take over the games, and with KJK’s guide SJH success scores 1 even if she hit JSM’s head in the processed. ( SA did their celebration but they cut it).

After that they split into 2 teams of 4 again to gather more hint, they must choose ‘Flying Yoga’ or ‘Street Dance’ and KJK picked ‘Flying Yoga’ along with SJH, YSC and LKS. ( Seems like Couple with their dongsaengs, LOL)

In the car, they sat side by side again

KJK : “Flying yoga sn’t going to be easy”

SJH: “ It’s very difficult”

KJK: “Have you done it?”(Hebani no?)

SJH: “I’ve done it once”

KJK: “ Have you? Have you really?! ( Hebasoo? Hebasoooo?!)”LOL I love him when he said it like that)

SJH: “It’s not that, I did it once for a show “

KJK: “that’s cheating”

YSC:: “ You are up 2 date, how was it?”

SJH: “ It was difficult

For your information, SJH did learned flying yoga along with his brother Cheun Seung Moon in “SJH’s beauty view” few months ago this year.And some of you said KJK seems lied when he said he did not watched it, well I don't know about that too, but in my opinion, maybe he said the truth there, because he is indeed busy too, I understand that, well I wonder if he watching ‘Lovely Horribly’? But I think he doesn’t too, LOL, moreover SJH did her passionate kiss with PSH in that drama this week, well we can see KJK had HJY companion in MUD this week, they cooked and sang together. SA seems like did a battle, LOL OMG!! But we must appreciate their work, and if you looked closely, since SJH’s  ‘lovely horribly’ drama began filmed, she indeed very busy, and we can looked KJK almost always at SJH’s side in RM ep.( missed each other?”)

Second Segment:

In Yoga Place:

They met Yu Seung Ok as their flying yoga’s teacher. And SA stand side by side ( again), and KJK said YSO and LKS look good together. And some of you wondered, why they did not matched YSO with KJK, well there’s some option 1. His GF beside him ( but I don’t think it’s the reason, remember Seo Eun Soo in ep 405?) 2. That girl isn't his type ( He like cute small woman with korean pure beauty ) 3. This is hwanjine PD, LOL, just that reason explain it that way. SA did flying yoga side by side, and the caption said SA did that very good. And LKS very funny in this scene!LOL. Surprisingly SJH's body whom very stiff in the beginning year of RM, now seems so flexible enough, she even did that at first trying. When did 'chandelier pose', KJK and SJH switch place.

Third Segment:

In this ep, JSJ seems always forgot their briefcase, and in the end SJH asked them " can we do a prank on JSJ oppa?should we hide the briefcase?" and KJK is the first responded by answered "we can try doing a prank on him but i won't affect him" and SJH laughed and said "that's right"

They met Got7, and played game with them. First 'Mini Long Jump' game, which Jackson had competitive side to against KJK, and in the end KJK wisely conceded defeated. I don't know the title of second game, and the third game was " why did you come to my house" 6 members must fit into that 1person tent. And KJK help SJH carried her bag ( yeaahh last week SJH helped him carried his bag, now his time to helped her too)

CONCLUSION:

This one really funny episode!! And if you see the rating after hwanjine take a charge, it relative stable in 7 digit , and i really satisfied with every episode.

Hai @linzer03 finally you are back!, i read your old post while i want to know about SA more by trying to read all conversation in this thread. and hi too @kookiemongg glad to see new member of this thread!

On 9/18/2018 at 9:22 PM, Adines Nugraha said:

SJH was talking to KJK and then KJK replied (both were not subbed). anyone who's fluent in korean language know what they are talking about ?

SJH asked her height, and YSO said 172 cm, and then SJH said to KJK that YSO almost have the same height with KJK ( He is 175cm, iirc)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Adines Nugraha said:

there something interesting when KHD said that SJH tenor and way of speech evokes JK, he can even see JK face when looking at JH (lol).

this is absolutely true bcoz on ep 412, an angry JH turn her hat and said "that was so....okay, i get it"

ofc, SJH said the same thing, that it's because they have worked together for 8 years, they're like family, so it make sense if they resemble each other.

but, as someone in this forum have said, if that's the reason, did we ever see SJH resembling YJS, JSJ, HH or LKS ?

It was me actually:D , that's why i believe they have long love relationship. 

• Like 4

@delusionalme Thanks for the recap! 

It's hard to know if KJK saw the episode or not, or if SJH told him that she did flying yoga. I'm just guessing on the fact that KJK asked her the targeted question ("have you done [flying yoga]?") and then had a very loud response (as you put it: "Have you? Have you really!?"). Hosts on variety shows often ask questions they know the answers to so they can have a discussion, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what KJK was doing. And he might be more comfortable phasing it as a question than saying, "SJH has done flying yoga before," and people questioning how well he knew SJH. But who knows. You might be right.

• Like 4

While we're at it.. I want to tell you my opinion about SJH's expression on KB.

50 minutes ago, Adines Nugraha said:

To be honest, my first impression when i first watched that clip of SJH's laughing is more like a "Nervous Laughter"

it's the kind of laughter to allow the individual to discharge anxiety and relax a bit.

image.png

you can see from the image above.. SJH's facial expression is awkward. it's like she's not genuinely laughing. Of course the laughter that you see after this is more genuine.. maybe that's because she's already relax a bit. iirc, she was also constantly moving her body and didn't just stand in one place.

@delusionalme hi! thank youuu! nice to meet y'all here.. :D

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Adines Nugraha said:

for me, when KJK's mom guested on RM, she already felt there's something between her son and SJH.

but she didn't asked KJK about his true relationship with SJH. 

she's waiting for KJK to tell her instead

she knows the consequences for being a celebrity, and if KJK choose not to tell her atm, she's fine with it.

there's a saying you don't have to know yet, so if someone ask, you don't have to lie

but ofc, she couldn't help but to tease SJH when they met on MUD :D 

That was kind of my feeling as well. I thought during the RM episode that his mom knew for sure, but now I've revised that theory. I think KJK never told her outright that they were dating, but his mom could kind of guess based on their interactions (not just that episode but the other times they've met). But since she hasn't asked for confirmation (she says she stays out of his dating life), she might be confused by love lines just like many other viewers. But, she definitely helped SJH when SJH struggled with answering dating questions. We can compare that to SJH in Knowing Bros where she was definitely more sensitive to his name. That being said, she also probably went into MUD knowing they would talk about her and KJK whereas she might have been less mentally prepared for Knowing Bros talking about him.

SJH on MUD was two episodes of the mother's fighting over her, while any time KJK's mom asks if she's okay with KJK's weird habits, SJH goes, "Oh, I'm like that too."

All I could think was "What are you doing SJH?" after she said that. She's usually the less tight-lipped out of her and KJK though. The news articles were still like "SJH denied relationship" and I'm like, "Well, did she though?" I'm pretty sure they said she denied dating KJK on MUD too, and there she definitely didn't deny outright. In fact, she very carefully chose her words to say, "We're very close..." 

@kookiemongg Welcome! I've been away for awhile so I don't know who's new.

I agree that she was nervous. If they are a couple, it's in secret, and having this much exposure on variety shows is probably not what they want. She definitely over reacted to KJK's name though. Imagine her reaction if it'd been Kang Gary or Lee Kwang Soo. She would've laughed it off, not go on a hitting spree and over explain. And you could see that the Knowing Bros cast were a little throw by how much she over reacted. They had to clarify that they don't believe she and KJK are dating to calm her down a little. (Though now they might actually think there's something going on.) Part of their interaction was cut though. You see a side shot of KHC singing and SJH is smiling off to the side, then it cuts close to SJH and she has a serious expression on before she goes to hit KHC. So they discussed something first. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

I agree that she was nervous. If they are a couple, it's in secret, and having this much exposure on variety shows is probably not what they want. She definitely over reacted to KJK's name though. Imagine her reaction if it'd been Kang Gary or Lee Kwang Soo. She would've laughed it off, not go on a hitting spree and over explain. And you could see that the Knowing Bros cast were a little throw by how much she over reacted. They had to clarify that they don't believe she and KJK are dating to calm her down a little. (Though now they might actually think there's something going on.) Part of their interaction was cut though. You see a side shot of KHC singing and SJH is smiling off to the side, then it cuts close to SJH and she has a serious expression on before she goes to hit KHC. So they discussed something first. 

There's also a saying.. "The longer the explanation, the bigger the lie". just like what she did on KB.  :tounge_wink:  

• Like 5

Hey guys! I’ve been a bit busy to post on the forum lately, but I always try to catch up on posts in my free time and it’s nice to see the activity on the thread! 

Just wanted to make a quick post saying that this moment, of JH totally embodying the mannerisms of JK, is one one of my favorite moments! From the moment she started saying it “Fine...Okay, I get it”, I was already hearing/seeing Jong Kook in her actions/words, but I was so happy that they actually highlighted that moment via captions and JK even commented on it with a smile. 

As the previous posts have said, you often start to resemble the people you are close with and by Ji Hyo’s logic (that of course they resemble each other, they’ve spent over eight years with each other, we’re “family”) she doesn’t resemble any of the other cast members because Jong Kook’s the person she’s obviously closest to :D I don’t know why people try to deny the fact that the two are close (as even the other members have pointed out that they spend time outside of RM together, but everyone always try to spin it under the guise of “family”)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jitaeri said:

As the previous posts have said, you often start to resemble the people you are close with and by Ji Hyo’s logic (that of course they resemble each other, they’ve spent over eight years with each other, we’re “family”) she doesn’t resemble any of the other cast members because Jong Kook’s the person she’s obviously closest to :D I don’t know why people try to deny the fact that the two are close (as even the other members have pointed out that they spend time outside of RM together, but everyone always try to spin it under the guise of “family”)

For the most part, people have stopped saying that they aren't close. I don't think anyone sane would deny it at this point. But people keep insisting on the family story. I remember the days where people would say "Why do you ship spartace, they're not even close?" and we'd have to explain, "No, they're very close." Now, it's become, "Why do you ship spartace, they're like brother and sister?" and we explain, "No, that's not how brothers and sisters treat each other." What's next? According to the Rule of Threes, there should be a next phase in this.

All that being said, KJK and SJH rely on that excuse as well. I'm happy for people to keep believing it as long as if spartace turns out to be real, people accept them. I think most non-shippers would say SJH is closer to LKS or HH though. But it's like...the RM cast is family and have been together for eight years now, but you don't see SJH resembling LKS, YJS, JSJ, or HH nearly as much as she has come to resemble KJK (and vice versa, it's just that some mannerisms are more obvious in SJH). When they sit/stand next to each other, they're very in sync.

And my favorite....

• Like 7

Totally offtopic but I seriously find it a bit annoying to see Gary still being tagged in something that clearly not related to him (apart from him having past history with RM) I mean, ok I understand, if that was an old episode.. but he left..and clearly want to distant himself from RM casts.  Cant peoples just move on?  

Sorry. /rant

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, smartace said:

Totally offtopic but I seriously find it a bit annoying to see Gary still being tagged in something that clearly not related to him (apart from him having past history with RM) I mean, ok I understand, if that was an old episode.. but he left..and clearly want to distant himself from RM casts.  Cant peoples just move on?  

Sorry. /rant

Agreed, especially since he’s married. So-called fans are being so disrespectful to his wife: most of the stuff being tagged is MC-related. Smh

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, smartace said:

Sorry. /rant

Agreed. I hate overtagging in general, and don't think shippers should tag the celebs in obvious shipping posts (yes that includes spartace). But I think it's especially disrespectful when the celebs married or even in public relationships with other people. If spartace marry other people, I will still be a fan of them as individuals but I will definitely stop posting about them and will probably delete a lot of posts from this forum. 

• Like 4

@kookiemongg Thank you!!!

They're so in tune it's kind of frightening when you line them all up like that lol. I'm sure you can find gifs of them acting in sync with other RM members but there is definitely not as many and weirdly in sync as these two. The hat adjusting movement is just so perfectly timed, I would think they rehearsed it.

• Like 4

Okay, one thing I wanted to talk about was the whole penniless JSJ joke.

For those of you who don't know, JSJ has a history of betting his entire fortune. I think the first time he did so was in episode 10 (filmed in 2010) during the betting for the Kim Jong Kook voucher. So this joke is as old as RM itself. However, JSJ has a history of betting wrong. (I'd have to comb through the episodes to find the examples, and I just don't feel like it right now. I might edit this later though.) That's not to say he's always wrong. But he's wrong often enough that it continues to be a joke eight years down the line.

So the joke in reference to spartace was originally made in ep 382 (filmed December 2017). HH brings up the topic about dating rumors, and they all discuss how surprised spartace were.

I feel like it should be said that spartace did not flat out deny. They simply said they were surprised and didn't know they were getting married. Which I fully believe they had no plans for marriage at that point. And if you ever read the original article, it's basically the reporter talking about the findings of spartace shippers and then saying, "Well, if they get married, congrats to them." It's a clickbait article, and not outing spartace at all. It also came out in February 2016, so they're addressing these rumors a good two years later...which is weird. But perhaps only then were the rumors starting to gain traction (I think spartace started gaining interest in 2017 after the end of MC) and they wanted to address them. Let's remember that spartace are a secret couple and do want to be kept a secret.

One might think that RM is starting a love line between KJK and SJH, but the RM PDs have released statements saying that they are not a love line and those are their natural interactions. I want to point out that RM PDs would say "Who knows what's going on between them?" for SJH and KG, but they would always state that MC was the official love line of RM. Spartace is not a love line. 

Anyway, JSJ ends up making a joke about how he would bet his entire life savings that KJK and SJH are not dating. Which spartace immediately starts laughing about. The rest of the cast (especially YJS) kind of give JSJ WTF faces. And HH tells KJK and SJH to date just to take JSJ's money and make him a penniless beggar. Here's the scene:

You would think it's a one time thing. They addressed any spartace dating rumors (sort of), and now they can move on. But then in ep 385 (filmed January 2018), the joke returns. KJK defends SJH's idea, and HH asks if they're in a love line. JSJ straight up asks if they're in a relationship, and YJS observes that they're together a lot. JSJ then references the joke he made in ep 382, saying that fans want to see him penniless. YJS then thinks it would be hilarious to make JSJ a penniless beggar in the rating notice. Let's say this: YJS made JSJ a penniless beggar because JSJ said that he'd bet his entire savings that KJK and SJH weren't dating.

I don't know if there was a reason for these spartace moments. If there were some plans to make spartace a love line, and then the cast decided not to. If spartace were testing the waters to see how people would react, or if the PD simply thought these were funny moments. The point is that this joke exists. I don't think the joke is that funny if it's just about two friends. If someone said "I'd bet all my money on you two not dating" about me and one of my male friends who was like a brother to me, I'd just laugh and say, "You're right." That would be the end of the joke. Because there's no way JSJ would lose his money.

That's not what happens in this case. JSJ brings up the joke again, and the cast finds it amusing, and YJS makes him a penniless beggar. Uh...so JSJ lost the bet? He obviously didn't lose his money, but they dressed him up as a beggar, which would be the consequence of him losing the bet. And the cast finds it hilarious. Again, if this joke was made about two platonic friends, I don't think the cast would find it nearly as funny as they do. 

tumblr_p32yy9Fd2r1ugjncao2_1280.png?w=60

So, once again, you would think that would be the end of the joke. Nope. When spartace individually guest on JSJ's radio show, he brings it up with both of them. And they both say that they should try dating so they could get JSJ's money. (I don't know the dates of these appearances, but I think they were over the summer, so that means this joke has been dragged out for over six months.)

If spartace aren't dating, I don't think they would've dragged out the joke for so long. Like, I can't think of a comparable MC equivalent where they kept making the same joke for months on end. MC was mainly "Are they dating? We don't know" but here, JSJ keeps bringing up the fact that he bet his savings on KJK and SJH not dating. And I get the vibe that it's a hilarious inside joke for JSJ.

JSJ has always, in my opinion, been the least cautious when it comes to spartace. JSM is probably second to JSJ, and I always look to the two of them for reactions when it comes to spartace (e.g. in ep 364 when the PDs announce that there is a secret couple among them, JSJ and JSM look immediately to spartace). It's also because JSJ is the least cautious and treats KJK and SJH as a couple while filming RM that we get so many good spartace moments during the episodes when the three of them are in a team together. It's also why I think JSJ keeps bringing up this joke. To him, it's hilarious, because he knows the inside joke, while to regular viewers, the joke's old. 

One thing that should be noted is that JSJ also said something similar about LKS and JSM a couple weeks after the first spartace joke was aired. According to the article I read on allkpop, on a January 2018 broadcast of JSJ's radio show, JSJ said, ""I can bet my entire estate on the fact that Lee Kwang Soo and Jeon So Min are not dating." He continued, "I'm not interested in whether people are dating or not. I'm only interested in myself. I only think of myself. I can bet all my money and the radio PD's money that Jeon So Min and Lee Kwang Soo are not dating. They're not dating."

To me, the tone's a bit different here from when he made the joke about spartace. He uses the same bet, but in this one, he sounds firm. When talking about spartace, he made the one line joke and knew everyone was going to laugh. And he kept bringing it up on RM, knowing that it would make everyone laugh. The joke is ongoing. Here, however, I feel like JSJ is trying to be final on the subject. They're not dating. He's certain of it. Don't ask him because he isn't interested." As far as I know, he hasn't addressed the subject again. Whereas with spartace he continued to bring it up.

Anways, what do y'all think of this?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, linzer03 said:

They're so in tune it's kind of frightening when you line them all up like that lol. I'm sure you can find gifs of them acting in sync with other RM members but there is definitely not as many and weirdly in sync as these two. The hat adjusting movement is just so perfectly timed, I would think they rehearsed it.

ikr.. i'm just amazed by the fact that two people can be perfectly in sync like that. I never knew the power of mirroring existed until spartace. I guess this shows how deeply they care for each other, even though they don't say it out loud.

"Body language cannot lie. It communicates directly a person’s feelings". 

20 hours ago, linzer03 said:

I feel like it should be said that spartace did not flat out deny. They simply said they were surprised and didn't know they were getting married. Which I fully believe they had no plans for marriage at that point. 

Anyway, JSJ ends up making a joke about how he would bet his entire life savings that KJK and SJH are not dating. Which spartace immediately starts laughing about. The rest of the cast (especially YJS) kind of give JSJ WTF faces. And HH tells KJK and SJH to date just to take JSJ's money and make him a penniless beggar. 

Yes, agree with you.. I also felt the same way when i watched that. They didn't deny that they're dating.. they were only surprised by the marriage rumor.

I found it sooo funny when i saw YJS's WTF expression to JSJ. He was like "WTF Hyung?". Like he was so not in the mood for jokes lol.

In episode 412, YJS said that JSJ is someone who doesn't pay attention to things. He is also forgetful. me, sometimes find it hard to read JSJ. He is sort of fickle with his comments. So usually i don't really pay much attention on JSJ.

About this dating matter.. i feel that Haha and YJS are already feel impatient about spartace for them to reveal their relationship. You can see it when Haha was guested on ugly duckling.. he kept pressuring KJK to get married asap and kept mentioning SJH, also when he posted a birthday wishes for SJH on his ig, he included KJK in it lol.. and for YJS, I got the feeling from the truth or dare episode.. iirc, YJS was the mastermind for this episode, he was the one who suggested it.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Y'all know that YJS likes to make an inside joke right? and don't forget that he is soooo smart and quick-witted. With everything that happened in this scene and judging from KJK's expression, i can't help but think that this is an inside joke made by YJS about SA.

image.png

Also, i caught KJK took a sneak peek at SJH when LKS decided to choose truth.

Of course this is just my speculation and observation when i first saw this and i could be wrong.

From what i heard, the tone of JSJ's voice in that radio show was more like begging SJH to spare him. Like he realizes that he said something he shouldn't have. 

Well honestly guys, if you connect all the dots.. with all the logics, all the hints.. all the skinships, all the nervousness.. everything.. it all leads toooo the fact that KJK and SJH are dating. But of course, I also think about the possibility that they're not dating.. but the more i think about it, the more it doesn't make sense... HAHAHA :sweat_smile:

Like someone already said in this forum before.. i feel that it's still not the right time for KJK and SJH to reveal their relationship right now and they are just waiting for the right time. If they're not hiding something or there is nothing going on between them. Why nervous?

*This is off topic.. because @linzer03 mentioned about LKS and JSM.. Lately, i felt a weird vibe between them while watching RM, similar to KJK and SJH back in 2013 - 2016 vibes. (just ignore if you don't feel the same way :D).

• Like 7

9 hours ago, linzer03 said:

One might think that RM is starting a love line between KJK and SJH, but the RM PDs have released statements saying that they are not a love line and those are their natural interactions. I want to point out that RM PDs would say "Who knows what's going on between them?" for SJH and KG, but they would always state that MC was the official love line of RM. Spartace is not a love line. 

Actually, IMO the PDs released statements to that effect because they had no choice. I do believe that RM did want SA to start a loveline. The problem was that SA balked, with KJK going so far as to publicly say that since SJH was part of MC, it would be awkward. Now, IIRC, he said this in response to someone asking him if he and SJH were real. Instead of saying yes or no, he deflected by talking about lovelines. Typical KJK, but also very telling. He said no, but only to the loveline. Also, there was some backlash from the local viewers. No one wanted to see SA in a loveline. A real love affair, yes, but nothing fake. After that, SBS/RM had no choice but to go to plan B, which started with assurances that not everything was fake, which in a weird way didn’t deny anything but paved the way for a quick spin out of an awkward situation: cue HJY.

I just realized something about KJK’s unwillingness to be part of a loveline with SJH: he was concerned for her. He wasn’t concerned for himself. LOL

As for the different approaches re: how the staff addressed questions re: MC and SA, I agree. It was a bit odd that the staff were coy with MC (the official loveline), but basically “confirmed” with SA (the secret love affair). Shouldn’t the approaches have been the other way around? It could have been a weird business/PR strategy, understandable only to the staff, but I do wonder. 

The point is that this joke exists. I don't think the joke is that funny if it's just about two friends. If someone said "I'd bet all my money on you two not dating" about me and one of my male friends who was like a brother to me, I'd just laugh and say, "You're right." That would be the end of the joke. Because there's no way JSJ would lose his money.

That's not what happens in this case. JSJ brings up the joke again, and the cast finds it amusing, and YJS makes him a penniless beggar. Uh...so JSJ lost the bet? He obviously didn't lose his money, but they dressed him up as a beggar, which would be the consequence of him losing the bet. And the cast finds it hilarious. Again, if this joke was made about two platonic friends, I don't think the cast would find it nearly as funny as they do. 

Great catch, and you’re absolutely correct. Putting things in perspective, I think my male friends and I would react the same way, rib each other, laugh it off, and move on. End of story. But, nope the joke keeps going, going, and may still be going for all we know, except that so much gets edited out.

Now, let me add something else to your comment that it was weird it took SA two years to respond to the rumors. I want to connect this to how KJK especially always says that SJH’s a good friend, like family, his sister, etc. Again with the friend scenario: if they’re just friends, why don’t they react the same way your (and my) friends and I would react, ie laugh it off, and move on? It would have been so simple for them to do that. Why all the unnecessary avoidance, nervousness (as @kookiemongg said), and so on? That is beyond weird, and such an unnatural reaction. Unless, it’s the best they can do under the circumstances. IIRC, @Adines Nugraha posted not too long ago that the reason why SA have never denied or otherwise believably addressed the rumors was that they couldn’t deny the truth. If we go with that, then their (lack of) response isn’t weird. It’s best not to deny, so that when the truth comes out, they can own it. :D 

To me, the tone's a bit different here from when he made the joke about spartace. He uses the same bet, but in this one, he sounds firm. When talking about spartace, he made the one line joke and knew everyone was going to laugh. And he kept bringing it up on RM, knowing that it would make everyone laugh. The joke is ongoing. Here, however, I feel like JSJ is trying to be final on the subject. They're not dating. He's certain of it. Don't ask him because he isn't interested." 

I haven’t read the article re: KwangMin, but will still offer my support for your comment. Lack of information has never stopped me from giving my opinion, LOL. I will also connect the different way JSJ addresses SA vs KwangMin rumors to something similar: SA vs HJY and KJK. Sorry for bringing HJY back into our discussions, but I promise to be brief. Basically, I think we all agree that SA have never believably denied being real. After some reflection, even SJH’s “strong” denial on KB made sense. We all know that both she and KJK sorta backtracked after that denial. With HJY, not only did KJK deny, even thanking her for being a hard worker willing to make things fun for the viewers (what a way to NOT be romantic!), but he got his mom involved. IIRC, Mama Kim said that he and HJY don’t interact after filming.

Btw, for anyone who’s been a bit concerned about HJY, let’s all not forget that while KJK’s technically not an actor, he’s not very much different from SJH. If we can accept her kissing another man as part of her job, we should be more forgiving of KJK for taking directions from RM and MUD PDs. The guy’s got bills to pay, a wife to marry, and three future babies to put through school. :) 

5 hours ago, kookiemongg said:

i'm just amazed by the fact that two people can be perfectly in sync like that. I never knew the power of mirroring existed until spartace. I guess this shows how deeply they care for each other, even though they don't say it out loud.

Yep, me, too. At first, I thought maybe it was because I saw most everything through my shipper eyes. But then I started to consciously watch for SA’s interactions with other members. As @linzer03 said, they do synch with others, as well, but not to the same degree they do with each other. While everyone’s close, there’s an inherent, automatic, hard to explain but undeniable connection between SA. A big part of that, IMO, has to do with the trust between them. Ofc, I believe that they developed that trust because they’ve been a couple for a long time. You can judge the reason for that trust however you see fit. But in addition to the wonderful GIFs you provided of SA mirroring each other, I would love to also see examples of them trusting each other, especially SJH. KJK’s literally her go-to whenever she’s either in trouble, or confused about something (on RM and at fanmeets), etc. He seems to be her rock. For a very independent woman, SJH also has this very traditional, soft side to her that is most apparent whenever KJK’s around. She almost always defers to him for “big” stuff, if that makes sense. Any takers on giving us GIFs of SJH relying on KJK and no one else? :D 

i feel that Haha and YJS are already feel impatient about spartace for them to reveal their relationship. You can see it when Haha was guested on ugly duckling.. he kept pressuring KJK to get married asap and kept mentioning SJH, also when he posted a birthday wishes for SJH on his ig, he included KJK in it lol

IIRC, when HH and YSC guested on MUD, YSC (the newbie) toed the scripted line and pushed for HJY, while HH (the experienced veteran and resident rebel) pushed for SJH. LOL

As for the birthday wish, IIRC, KJK has never featured as prominently as he did in this year’s post. For me, the post wasn’t about HH. The poor guy was partially disguised behind that horrific-looking mask. If someone hadn’t told me who it was, I would never have guessed. The only two I could tell for sure were SA, SJH because she was on the packaging, and KJK because, OMG, he had this smirk on his face, took up most of the space though he was in the background, and he was literally posing for the pic. I can’t tell what he was trying to say, but I know he wanted everyone to see him. 

One more thing: I would love to hear you guys’ thoughts on Tiny’s obsession the past few months with posting photos with SJH. I have no idea what he does for a living, but for a while there I thought he’d either become her personal bodyguard, or her unofficial selfie taker. While he’s in SK, doesn’t he go wherever KJK goes? Yet, KJK’s nowhere in Tiny’s endless selfies with SJH, supposedly one of his nearest and dearest family members. Don’t best friends and family members take photos together? 

Why nervous?

Why, indeed? Usually, it’s because someone’s hiding something. :D 

Btw, sorry for being all over the place. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

@kookiemongg Off topic, so PM if you want to discuss more. KS and JSM remind me more of HH and SJH in early RM. I think LKS's dynamic with JSM does have romantic potential (different from his relationship with SJH). I just don't think JSM is someone he'd fall for.

Back to spartace, I also think KJK and SJH are waiting. Unlike HH and YJS, their marriage would have a big impact on their careers bc they do this show together, and I think they're too cautious to take the risk yet.

I have more to say, but I'm in transit at the moment. I'll post more later.

• Like 4