[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Last time I check the picture was 53k comments. They delete it, people gonna comment on the next one. They should just leave it.

Next Monday will be the last filiming (which will be shown on 1st jan) then what next, 4 member only? they gonna bring a bunch of guest in? They cant be ready for a new show yet as no one would sign up right now. How they gonna fill the time slot? Good luck SBS.

• Like 3

Never ending drama. I never in my wildest dreams expected this would end like this.

Btw does anyone know what Tiny's job is? He's friends w pretty much all korean celebs who hang out in LA.

What will they even film next Monday? Food? Running? Quizzes? The atmosphere is too weird for any of this and Tiny being the "mirror"  we have of KJK right now, it's clear the issue is not going to be over anytime soon. They should film a special w 6 or 7 members behin closed doors, thank the fans for the amazing years and close the show for good. Anything other than this will get them a flood of criticism. They should give fans the closure they deserve, RM started as 7012 family, it should end as such. That would be the classiest thing to do towards fans to save a lil bit of face. But if they are obstinate abt going after money, they should know that RM brand is now tarnished forever after this.

So it seems the viral post of the fake/fan-run Halyang FB's post yesterday reached KG, and he ended up actually posting this just now:

"You've worked really, really, really hard. Thank you."

While this has the usual negative associations, it's at least nice to see someone close to the members (with the ability to) speak up about all of this, in addition to Tiny.

• Like 6

I'm almost doing investigative journalism with this RM drama loool.

Anyway, I just read an opinion piece on Naver from a female journalist insider.

She says what happend in RM mirrors some scene from the drama Producers w Cha Tae Hyun sending Kim Soo Hyun to fire someone for him, KSH couldnt fire him so the person in question got surprised wjen he found out he didnt have a job anymore. I didnt watch that drama so no idea what she's referring to. She also says broadcasting dynamics have changed with fierce internet competition and celebrities are pretty much free lance in variety programs, no job is secure.

The CP in question only arrived two months ago and has virtually no relationship with the cast, so he didn't care much for them being family.

They spent alot of energy in getting Kang Ho Dong in board, he hesitated a lot and Yoo Jae Suk had to personally persuade him to join, only for it to go to waste. They might have lost some investment money too when the move got cancelled. 

She says everyone knew there will be members cut when the CP announced a format change 2 weeks ago. I think she meant officials within SBS knew someone would get cut, not the members themselves. So some people knew but didnt tell them in time (in reference to The Producers drama scene)

She says the most important thing is always the cast and their relationship with the crew, she says the RM crew and the cast always got along.

She also talks abt rhe relationship of SBS w journalists who ousted the lie. She says SBS is at fault (i didnt really understand that part very well tbh)

4 minutes ago, bogummish said:

I'm almost doing investigative journalism with this RM drama loool.

Anyway, I just read an opinion piece on Naver from a female journalist insider.

She says what happend in RM mirrors some scene from the drama Producers w Cha Tae Hyun sending Kim Soo Hyun to fire someone for him, KSH couldnt fire him so the person in question got surprised wjen he found out he didnt have a job anymore. I didnt watch that drama so no idea what she's referring to. She also says broadcasting dynamics have changed with fierce internet competition and celebrities are pretty much free lance in variety programs, no job is secure.

The CP in question only arrived two months ago and has virtually no relationship with the cast, so he didn't care much for them being family.

They spent alot of energy in getting Kang Ho Dong in board, he hesitated a lot and Yoo Jae Suk had to personally persuade him to join, only for it to go to waste. They might have lost some investment money too when the move got cancelled. 

She says everyone knew there will be members cut when the CP announced a format change 2 weeks ago. I think she meant officials within SBS knew someone would get cut, not the members themselves. So some people knew but didnt tell them in time (in reference to The Producers drama scene)

She says the most important thing is always the cast and their relationship with the crew, she says the RM crew and the cast always got along.

She also talks abt rhe relationship of SBS w journalists who ousted the lie. She says SBS is at fault (i didnt really understand that part very well tbh)

Thanks, @bogummish! I was just coming here to ask if you knew anything about it since someone I was talking to said she saw something about it on Weibo, but that KJK fans were too frustrated (because of the negative(?) picture it painted) to translate it.

• Like 4

@pink007 it is kind of negative because she is basically saying KJK and SJH shouldnt expect to have a secure job, she called them "freelance" even if they are under contract and tried to justify their firing by saying broadcasting dynamics changed with the internet now. She is almost defending SBS, at least excusing their behavior. 

I just posted it because it had new elements abt the new CP who has no emotional relationship w the cast and probably never even met them, and them investing a lot on Kang Ho Dong who ended up quitting (she also called him the real victim lol)

It's an opinion piece though but i have no idea if that journalist is someone important on the entertainment scene or not.

Btw, if anyone is interested abt this CP thing, you can google SBS, 대규모 조직 개편 및 인사 단행. Itan article from August 2016, SBS as a whole shook up their entire hierarchy, they hired a company to redistribute the roles in all departments to improve the quality of the shows, news, etc.

Anyway, in the entertainemnt part the people promoted or newly introduced were:

예능본부

▲ 예능1CP 백정렬 (白貞烈)

▲ 예능2CP 민의식 (閔義植)

▲ 예능3CP 공희철 (孔熙喆)

▲ 예능4CP 김재혁 (金載赫)

▲ 예능5CP 박상혁 (朴商爀)

▲ 마케팅담당 남경원 (南京原)

The 3rd CP is the one that Tiny is refering to I guess

15 minutes ago, bogummish said:

@pink007 it is kind of negative because she is basically saying KJK and SJH shouldnt expect to have a secure job, she called them "freelance" even if they are under contract and tried to justify their firing by saying broadcasting dynamics changed with the internet now. She is almost defending SBS, at least excusing their behavior. 

I just posted it because it had new elements abt the new CP who has no emotional relationship w the cast and probably never even met them, and them investing a lot on Kang Ho Dong who ended up quitting (she also called him the real victim lol)

It's an opinion piece though but i have no idea if that journalist is someone important on the entertainment scene or not.

Ah, thanks! I got that vibe at the end of the article, but thought I was just misinterpreting things once I saw your summary. XD 

Also, @chelseafjl8 that actually reminded of how I came across an article about restructuring at the end of August:

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LS2D&mid=shm&sid1=102&sid2=257&oid=006&aid=0000082407

http://www.mediatoday.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=131754

And then another one happened recently, which is likely related to JH and JK's firing (IIRC, KJKGlobal even mentioned it in one of their posts): http://www.pdjournal.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=59865

EDIT: Just saw that Bogummish posted about it too. Sorry. >.<

• Like 2

@pinsc i never said Yoo Jae Suk and the members knew they would get cut. They did not. Officials within SBS knew and didnt tell them anything. Not the members. Pls dont misunderstand.

2 minutes ago, pink007 said:

And then another one happened recently, which is likely related to JH and JK's firing (IIRC, KJKGlobal even mentioned it in one of their posts): http://www.pdjournal.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=59865

Lmao this one is hilarious, they're actually shook after JTBC broke the Park Geun Hye scandal and the corruption scandals with it. They are saying SBS is 10 times bigger than Jtbc but 10 times behind when it comes to viewers trust. LOL. Well this RM situation isnt helping your trust issues.

Btw, Jtbc did an AMAZING job with the presidential scandal, netizen will be thanking them till the end of time. They risked their jobs and their channel to uncover the truth.

7 minutes ago, bogummish said:

@pinsc i never said Yoo Jae Suk and the members knew they would get cut. They did not. Officials within SBS knew and didnt tell them anything. Not the members. Pls dont misunderstand.

How could he not know? "Yoo Jae Suk had to personally persuade him to join"

• Like 2

I just saw SBS new insta apology. So they still want to do RM2? WTF? With whom? 4 members and some new rookie?

Just now, pinsc said:

How could he not know? "Yoo Jae Suk had to personally persuade him to join"

Yoo Jae Suk only knew they wanted to hire Kang Ho Dong to start a new season with the other members. 

2 minutes ago, myrunningman1 said:

So now we have a clearer picture of why. Not that it helps. But that begets the next question: why the two of them and why them together? Are there any reasons behind which we do not know? Why not a combination of jk/haha or Jsj/jh? Why specifically jk and jh? 

I think these two people answer a little your question... :( 

4 hours ago, laubi said:

Hi everyone, long time no see! 
I was expecting a JK's and JH's departure from RM,JK is my favourite and I obviously like JH, but I need to be honest,they weren't in the show anymore.The PDs didn't help them find another character and they became unnecessary, it's sad but it's how I feel about them. It's not their fault, RM right now it's a food show, they only eat and have little fights and the PDs choose YJS and LKS for that, JK was already out of the picture. They eliminated the use of body and brain and even rivalry between YJS and JK, seriously what was JK supposed to do in RM? JH too was left out, she couldn't be the ace anymore, there was no place for her. They aren't comedian, Haha and LKS aren't either, but they adapt better and the concept of episodes right now needs comedians.It doesn't even work, so they change the cast. For me the issue is the script, but that's only my opinion.
That said, there is always a way to handle things. SBS was cold, unfair and even stupid, the backfire is no joke. Obviously it happens in every work, and JK and JH aren't poor jobless people right now, but it doesn't mean SBS couldn't have done better than this. For me it was ok if they gave them  notice and more important if they didn't try to blame them. Their plan is clear now: fire JK and JH, so they can afford KHD, make it like it was SA choice and then if the show sinked, let them be scapegoats. Something went wrong, tiny thank you. Now I don't know if someone will sign for season 2, maybe some rookie will, but someone with a decent career will follow KHD example, they will stay away from this mess.
I'm sorry for the other members too, some of them know each other from long ago (HH, JS; JK) and/or are friends (JK; LKS; JH), how awkward could it be to continue  the show? I don't expect them to quit out of friendship,that would be idiocy, and it would be unfair to them, they don't need to show support and friendship to fans and fans shouldn't blame them for doing their job (if RM doesn't get axed), let's be real, those fans who are asking for a public support from the ramaining members would give up their job for a friend? I don't think so. Also I don't think JK and JH would expect this from them, now everybody knows how disrespectul SBS was, there is no need to put themself in a bad position with one of three major BS. If JK and JH took tons of insults from fans and only after a long time we knew the truth, then I could have blamed JSJ; HH; LKS and YJS, but it's not the case. So let them swallow this bitter pill, I pity them, it will be so uncomfortable.
At this point I'm not so sure Gary left in his own accord, we will never know probably.
On the bright side, SA are free now, my hope didn't die in the meantime.

4 hours ago, Chi Le said:

RM used to have to team: YJS team and KJK team. KJK is the second most powerful member (in any term: power, brain, popularity). They try to kick out KJK has nothing to do with the money. KHD in will be YJS vs KHD team, KJK will be left out. There are only 7 member, it shouldnt be three team.

Fan of RM is not angry that KJK and SJH leaving. But they are leaving at the same time, that leave a big hole and spirit, RM suddenly lose half of the member. And that mess. SBS will try to milk RM brand, without half of the member international will have no interest in it. With KJK and SJH leaving, may be there are still people checking out or new season but with this mess, no freaking way anyone watching.

Knet are really nasty, I must say that. They can destroy career. Look at all the idols and actors that have some scandal. Knet doesnt let go or forgive. For example Tara, how many years has it been they still cant do anything in Korea.

One half richard simmons apologize is not enough. KJK and SJH will still be professional filming, they will have plenty of offer espcially KJK. But still I dont want them to appear at year end award (FM is ok, it could be their farewell) And I dont want them to use the name RM. Whatever they planning use another name. Whoever appear on the new RM will be bash for a long long time, even 10 YJS cant save this.

5 minutes ago, bogummish said:

I just saw SBS new insta apology. So they still want to do RM2? WTF? With whom? 4 members and some new rookie?

Yoo Jae Suk only knew they wanted to hire Kang Ho Dong to start a new season with the other members. 

It's disappointing, heartbreaking, and weird.

• Like 2

Just a couple of days away from this forum and 10 new pages of events an reactions,Total shock about Spartace leaving and how it was handled. On the other hand, I believe that KJK and SJH's will just continue to rise being who they are and how they always do everything whole heartidly. Wish the best for both and if they really are a couple (I still leave a 1% we may be wrong), let them please marry now!

• Like 4