[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

4 minutes ago, mary-ann said:

Song Ji Hyo's agency just posted this, I also posted this in the SJH actress thread

#SongJiHyo agency: "She'll leave Running Man and finished the last recording smoothly. We don't want to make controversy" #KoreanUpdates VF

I think that's likely still the current stance of both JK and JH, but if I were you, I wouldn't use "just posted" since it happened before KHD declined and the apology was issued. The two events probably won't affect JK and JH's decisions much, but they do have to be factored into the overall equation.

• Like 5

Hi everyone, long time no see! 
I was expecting a JK's and JH's departure from RM,JK is my favourite and I obviously like JH, but I need to be honest,they weren't in the show anymore.The PDs didn't help them find another character and they became unnecessary, it's sad but it's how I feel about them. It's not their fault, RM right now it's a food show, they only eat and have little fights and the PDs choose YJS and LKS for that, JK was already out of the picture. They eliminated the use of body and brain and even rivalry between YJS and JK, seriously what was JK supposed to do in RM? JH too was left out, she couldn't be the ace anymore, there was no place for her. They aren't comedian, Haha and LKS aren't either, but they adapt better and the concept of episodes right now needs comedians.It doesn't even work, so they change the cast. For me the issue is the script, but that's only my opinion.
That said, there is always a way to handle things. SBS was cold, unfair and even stupid, the backfire is no joke. Obviously it happens in every work, and JK and JH aren't poor jobless people right now, but it doesn't mean SBS couldn't have done better than this. For me it was ok if they gave them  notice and more important if they didn't try to blame them. Their plan is clear now: fire JK and JH, so they can afford KHD, make it like it was SA choice and then if the show sinked, let them be scapegoats. Something went wrong, tiny thank you. Now I don't know if someone will sign for season 2, maybe some rookie will, but someone with a decent career will follow KHD example, they will stay away from this mess.
I'm sorry for the other members too, some of them know each other from long ago (HH, JS; JK) and/or are friends (JK; LKS; JH), how awkward could it be to continue  the show? I don't expect them to quit out of friendship,that would be idiocy, and it would be unfair to them, they don't need to show support and friendship to fans and fans shouldn't blame them for doing their job (if RM doesn't get axed), let's be real, those fans who are asking for a public support from the ramaining members would give up their job for a friend? I don't think so. Also I don't think JK and JH would expect this from them, now everybody knows how disrespectul SBS was, there is no need to put themself in a bad position with one of three major BS. If JK and JH took tons of insults from fans and only after a long time we knew the truth, then I could have blamed JSJ; HH; LKS and YJS, but it's not the case. So let them swallow this bitter pill, I pity them, it will be so uncomfortable.
At this point I'm not so sure Gary left in his own accord, we will never know probably.
On the bright side, SA are free now, my hope didn't die in the meantime.

• Like 6

RM used to have to team: YJS team and KJK team. KJK is the second most powerful member (in any term: power, brain, popularity). They try to kick out KJK has nothing to do with the money. KHD in will be YJS vs KHD team, KJK will be left out. There are only 7 member, it shouldnt be three team.

Fan of RM is not angry that KJK and SJH leaving. But they are leaving at the same time, that leave a big hole and spirit, RM suddenly lose half of the member. And that mess. SBS will try to milk RM brand, without half of the member international will have no interest in it. With KJK and SJH leaving, may be there are still people checking out or new season but with this mess, no freaking way anyone watching.

Knet are really nasty, I must say that. They can destroy career. Look at all the idols and actors that have some scandal. Knet doesnt let go or forgive. For example Tara, how many years has it been they still cant do anything in Korea.

One half richard simmons apologize is not enough. KJK and SJH will still be professional filming, they will have plenty of offer espcially KJK. But still I dont want them to appear at year end award (FM is ok, it could be their farewell) And I dont want them to use the name RM. Whatever they planning use another name. Whoever appear on the new RM will be bash for a long long time, even 10 YJS cant save this.

• Like 4

I have translated a Naver article about the current crisis of SBS and what led to the changes. If you are interested in reading it, let me know. It's very long so I dont want to write it all unless people want to read it. 

I saw some likes so I will post it, I translated it paragraph by paragraph. Here it goes:

RM that is representative of the Korean wave is facing its biggest crisis to date, after kicking out menbers due to the closing of the Chinese market.

RM gained huge popularity in China, it struggled in its debut in 2010 (they're talking abt the korean RM) but after the name tagging it became a huge hit in China and Asia. It faced low ratings due to popularity of 1n2d and Real Men but proved its longevity nonetheless (6years).

RM even changed the chinese broadcasting ranking. Zhejiang satellite TV (not sure how it's spelled, sorry) which broadcats the chinese version of RM topped Hunan satelitte TV and climbed to #1 in the 2nd quarter of 2016.

In China where you have 2000 broadcasting chanels, getting even 1% rating is a good measure of popularity and success. Chinese RM even got 5%! (that's huge i guess)

Advertising in RM china brought up to 150 billion korean won! SBS got a share from the RM China profits.

Then the Chinese market got closed for political reasons and SBS got directly hit by this since the broadcasting of the 5th season of RM china got delayed by government measures (they only allow one season per year now apparently, if anyone can confirm this).

Also, SBS was planning a grand RM fan meeting Tour of China that includes 6 major cities between September and November 2016 but everything got cancelled.

News of Kang Ho Dong joining attracted grand attention in SNS, it was 4 times more trending than Infinity Challenge (they posted a chart with numbers of topics discussed etc)

But the joining of Kang Ho Dong was overturned in just one day.

SBS tried to change the atmosphere of RM due to the big hit they took after the closing of the cash cow Chinese market (the chinese season delayed so SBS cant get their cut from profits and ads, Grand fan meeting tour was planned but suddenly cancelled so maybe they lost money in this venture too, my own conclusions). So they tried to play the Yoo Jae Suk and Kang Ho Dong reunion card in front of korean audiences, but failed in the process of smoothly replacing members.

It is also reported that the situation of member replacement which has been "politically" twisted, will not be solved in the end. However, even if the crisis is solved and Kang Ho Dong appears again, the wound is too deep.

PS: My personal opinion, I remember a lot of koreans being smug abt the Chinese hallyu ban saying they dont need China. This is a direct proof that it's not true for programs who depend a lot on international market and have lost the domestic appeal like RM with SBS. 

Also how ironic that to recapture the korean audiences, they kicked off the most popular members with chinese audiences. As if KJK and SJH were only there because of their star power in China and didnt dedicate their health and time for 7yrs for this program. SBS are so trash

Thanks @bogummish . At the end of tbe day, it's just money, money, money. No such thing as family to them. Ok, I think even other companies and broadcasting networks are affected. Even EXO need to reschedule their concert indefinitely( correct me if Im wrong with this)   They might have a good idea in mind but it's really how they handled it is the problem. 

• Like 3

And that is why they want to continue using Running man because they dont have to market the show again. The best that they could have done is to let the members go and restart a different program with whoever they want. Now they might need to sell RM DVD or do reruns just to earn from the show. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, pinsc said:

THEY JUST DELETED THE PHOTO OF JAE SUK ON SBS RUNNING MAN INSTAGRAM, I CANT BELIVE !!!!!!!! THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS

Ooh, and the announcement too. I wonder if it's because the deadline passed or because of it possibly being meant for "season 2."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, linzer03 said:

@3493angelride It was close to 31,000 last i saw.

yeah, a little over 31k when I saw

Just now, pink007 said:

Ooh, and the announcement too. I wonder if it's because the deadline passed or because of it possibly being meant for "season 2."

Yeah, I didn't understand that, maybe they don't will do this episode anymore?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bogummish said:

Also how ironic that to recapture the korean audiences, they kicked off the most popular members with chinese audiences. As if KJK and SJH were only there because of their star power in China and didnt dedicate their health and time for 7yrs for this program. SBS are so trash

That's another thing that is mind boggling, why kjk n sjh? They must have the strongest following in China. I even read an article that SJH doesn't seem to be affected by the Hallyu ban

http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/news/view.jsp?req_newsidx=219654 

And KJK has some songs recorded in Chinese. Again, that must mean they have followers in China right? 

• Like 4

@3493angelride yes both have activities in China. She has a fan meeting and he recorded a song but idk if he will go there? There were korean celebs who even got kicked out (Yoon In Ah) in the middle of their activities in china, I think. Others got their venues reduced. I can't remember what happened to Song Joong Ki too. Good to know these two are safe.

They got up to 31k hate comments under that YJS pic, people will just pick another picture and comment on it. Maybe they will cancel the account in the end lol. This is hilarious tbh, too bad SJH doesnt use sns, she could use a laugh or two abt this.