[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

@pei96 The other members can't speak publicly without risking their careers. They are still employees of SBS who need jobs. SBS has already proven that they dont respect loyalty so there's nothing to stop them from from firing these members as well. Dont forget that HH now has a family of two kids to look after and JSJ will struggle to find another job like this. Even KJK and SJH did not say anything themselves but let their friends and management companies do the talking. The other cast members may be supporting KJK and SJH behind the scenes but doing something public will not end well for them. The only person I think who could publicly speak out would be YJS but he also needs to have good relationships with the companies.

• Like 6

Someone on Insta suggested inviting Gary for the last episode with Kjk and Sjh and end the show there. To give the fans a final closure and SBS can move on with their next flops of a variety.

Tbh I would want a final ep of RM w just the seven of them talking to each other and bowing down gracefully from RM. But everyone must be so emotionally tired now and Gary might not even want to come back.

So sad RM had to end like this and we dont even get to see them together one last time.

6 minutes ago, liliph said:

Welcome! 

We all are furious about this matter!

but I can see why the others still remain silent! As an Artist, you can't afford to create more noise and argue with one big broadcasting station. This is a sensitive topic!

i believe the others are also in shock as we all are. So don't doubt in the loyalty between the RM members! 

:'( have been constantly refreshing all the korean sites to see if there are more drama about this coming out! i am really glad that at least kang ho dong rejected their offer like wow this is real karma but more karma to come 

• Like 6

The SBS IG page is getting slammed with anti comments. Sucks that it's all under one picture of YJS, but it's over 26.5k last I saw. And people have started posting #SBSOUT. But I still doubt the company will learn much from this experience. If they do, they will learn to not get caught when firing popular celebs. I doubt this will be the end of SBS, as much as many of us would probably love to see the company burn for this, but I imagine they will have a very hard time recovering, they might never fully recover. Their punishment probably won't come in the form of any outright protests, but in more subtle ways. Who will want to work with SBS? Some celebs will still agree, but SBS will never be first choice anymore. They've already proven they have no loyalty. But SBS has earned the wrath of a huge international audience. To join RM Season 2 if not an original member, you're almost asking to earn the hatred of a huge international audience. To even be on RM's replacement show if its canceled, you're still going to draw some dislike from an international audience. It probably won't be permanent, but no one would willing sign up to be despised by international fans.

This is crazy. I still can't believe RM is ending this way. We don't even know if it'll end, they may go on with Season 2. Which is crazy.

• Like 6

i know right? heard that sbs has done this to many programs such as family outing ( although i have not watched before). but i guess this time the impact might be greater since RM is not just popular within the korea but internationally too! the hate comments are quite overwhelming, it has more than doubled, it was only 10 000 yesterday and now it is 27 000

• Like 5

Was going through IG and filtering through all the rants from fans upset by this news, and I stumble upon a rant directed towards us blaming SA fans, saying that we were the reason that they were fired. Also I'm pretty sure no one is actually blaming Gary? The only ones we are blaming is SBS and the Chief PD. I'm not sure where they are getting this idea that we are blaming Gary. In fact, I am glad he deleted all his IG posts, or else his posts would have been bombarded by fans asking him to get them to stay or just playing the blame game. He left the show about a month ago, and doesn't deserve to be dragged into this. I just can't at how immature some of the fandom are handling this. 

ScreenShot2016-12-15at10.14.29PM.png

• Like 4

I think SBS never expected the s.hit that flew their way. Did they honestly think the fans would take it lying down? Its not the fact that JK and JH are leaving that bothers me. Its the fact that they've been unceremoniously sacked without warning and then given a lame apology. And I would be this upset for any members, even Gary and LKS whom I like the least among the members. If SBS had touched Gary and LKS like this, I'd be equally mad. Its unprofessional, heartless, weak, rude, everything you can think of.

In a weird twisted way, I actually want to sit through and suffer an episode where there's only the remaining 4 members. Just to see how awkward the whole episode is and how bad it is without Gary, JK and JH. 

But actually the sad truth (welcome to the working world) is that both JK and JH cannot afford to slam SBS too hard. SBS is but one of three free to air stations in Korea, and sadly as a working celebrity, JK and JH will likely need SBS at some point or the other. 

I do agree that this has bonded ALL rm fans together and the only positive that can come out of it is there'll be no more antis and if ever SA do come out admitting anything, the backlash will be close to zero

• Like 6

From NB comment  yesterday :

Well Yoo Jae Suk was on 'Come to Play' for 8 years and didn't even know it was his last broadcast until the show put in a caption saying it was the show's last episode. To the people working in the broadcast industry, celebrities are just props they can use and throw out.

Amen to this. We dont understand how korean broadcasts work. It's getting this much hate because of the huge international fanbase RM has. And with all the social media availble now, you live under a rock if you dont know what's happening. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 3493angelride said:

From NB comment  yesterday :

Well Yoo Jae Suk was on 'Come to Play' for 8 years and didn't even know it was his last broadcast until the show put in a caption saying it was the show's last episode. To the people working in the broadcast industry, celebrities are just props they can use and throw out.

Amen to this. We dont understand how korean broadcasts work. It's getting this much hate because of the huge international fanbase RM has. And with all the social media availble now, you live under a rock if you dont know what's happening. 

One thing that really amaze me (not in a good way) is that SBS really underestimate the power of fandom + social media. If they do this kind of BS 10-15 years ago, the damage I think won't be as big as right now. But today with fans in every form of social media, the whole world would know it in a second. 

• Like 6

Well it's about time people pointed out that this kind of behavior from a broadcasting company is unacceptable. Just because it has happened before and no one made a deal about it, doesn't meant that firing someone like this is okay. It was not okay to fire YJS like that and it's definitely not okay for KJK and SJH to be fired like this. What if the celebrity had turned down jobs because of the show only to find out they are fired from said show a day later? Why must the celebrity have to go along with the broadcasting company in order to keep their careers? There should be legal protections for celebrities against getting fired without reasonable notice and being forced to be silent about it because they need jobs in future. Urg. Hopefully, this is a triggering point that leads to some changes in the relationship between broadcasting companies and the celebrities they employ. 

• Like 8

HH and JSJ unfollowed SBS RM IG account. They are clearly furious and hurt. I don't want any of the other RM members to get hate for this, and it's upsetting to hear that people are doubting RM cast's friendship. Being publicly vocal about this is difficult. It's their careers and their source of income and this does beyond just hurting SBS for firing KJK and SJH.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

HH and JSJ unfollowed SBS RM IG account. They are clearly furious and hurt. I don't want any of the other RM members to get hate for this, and it's upsetting to hear that people are doubting RM cast's friendship. Being publicly vocal about this is difficult. It's their careers and their source of income and this does beyond just hurting SBS for firing KJK and SJH.

But it is a friendship far more futile than we thought. I can't see that they are clearly furious and hurt at all.

Just now, pinsc said:

But it is a friendship far more futile than we thought. I can't see that they are clearly furious and hurt at all.

We cant tell. And haha and JSJ (or LKS or YJS) cannot possibly come out forceful to criticize SBS. They have their own careers and lives that they need to care about, families to feed. Going outright against SBS is damaging their own careers. As friends, there are many ways to care for both JK and JH and I'm sure they have done so in their own ways, it just doesnt need to be in public 

• Like 6

Just because we cannot see what support they are giving to KJK and SJH doesn't mean that they aren't giving KJK and SJH support. The RM cast's friendship goes beyond what we see in the show, and they are under no obligation to show us how they are supporting each other. There is clearly stuff going on between the cast and SBS based on the "internal struggles" the inside source referred to and the fact that HH and JSJ unfollowed SBS RM. Just because they are not taking a loud public stance because it could ruin their careers, doesn't mean that they aren't fighting with SBS and showing their support for KJK and SJH. There are different forms of protest, and not all of them have to be public statements.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, linzer03 said:

@pinsc How is it futile? Just because we cannot see what support they are giving to KJK and SJH doesn't mean that they aren't giving KJK and SJH support. The RM cast's friendship goes beyond what we see in the show, and they are under no obligation to show us how they are supporting each other. There is clearly stuff going on between the cast and SBS based on the "internal struggles" the inside source referred to and the fact that HH and JSJ unfollowed SBS RM. Just because they are not taking a loud public stance because it could ruin their careers, doesn't mean that they aren't fighting with SBS and showing their support for KJK and SJH. There are different forms of protest, and not all of them have to be public statements.

i guess i understand what is everyone trying to say... but i think for now everyone have different opinions because we are just too upset...i understand that it might be too difficult to get a public response from them but i still wish to hear one.. this sounds exaggerating but i have been feeling so lost for this 2 days because of this 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, linzer03 said:

Well it's about time people pointed out that this kind of behavior from a broadcasting company is unacceptable. Just because it has happened before and no one made a deal about it, doesn't meant that firing something like this is okay. It was not okay to fire YJS like that and it's definitely not okay for KJK and SJH to be fired like this. What if the celebrity had turned down jobs because of the show only to find out they are fired from said show a day later? Why must the celebrity have to go along with the broadcasting company in order to keep their careers? There should be legal protections for celebrities against getting fired without reasonable notice and being forced to be silent about it because they need jobs in future. Urg. Hopefully, this is a triggering point that leads to some changes in the relationship between broadcasting companies and the celebrities they employ. 

well as much as i dont like it too, there's nothing wrong to fired people without notice if there arent something against the contract, its happened everyday and everywhere...

in some case there's a negative aspect if u fired people prior notice

and people say that they treated as product? well then why none complain for people who worker in accounting firm/banker/consultant, they worked like a robot everyday and have a sh1ttest working hour

also there's a lots worse case than this in real life work

but well , sbs definitely thought it easy in making some decision without thinking what problem will occur cause their decision

• Like 3