[Movie 2015] Shoot The Sun 태양을 향해 쏴라

pechumori

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kang Ji Hwan, Yoon Jin Seo, Park Jung Min, the three leads of "Shoot the Sun"

translated by Pechumori

10429358_537042193103810_401504758855475

Actor Kang Ji Hwan, Yoon Jin Seo and Park Jung Min attended the media premiere and press conference for their movie "Shoot the Sun" which was held at the Lotte Cinema in Seoul last March 9, 2015.

"Shoot the Sun" will be released nationwide in Korea on March 19.

credit: hankyung

Shoot the Sun

‘Shoot the Sun’ Kang Ji-hwan confesses difficulty during bedroom scenes

by Veronica Choi

11054473_537048569769839_719702653855979

Actor Kang Ji-hwan has confessed having difficulty during bedroom scenes.

The press conference for ‘Shoot the Sun’ was held on March 9 at Lotte Cinema in Ja-yang dong, Gwang-jin gu in Seoul. The cast Kang Ji-hwan, Yoon Jin-seo, Park Jung-min and director Kim Tae-sik took part in the meeting.

Kang Ji-hwan was cast to play the role of ‘John’, a man who follows his love rather than a fortune.

To the question asking why he has decided to star in this film, he replied, “First of all, I liked the fact that this movie is about three people and their feelings happening in Las Vegas; I have always thought that it would be great for Korean actors to film a road movie outside Korea. I think ‘Shoot the Sun’ will be the first movie ever that features such beautiful sceneries. Please look forward.”

He also talked about his bedroom scenes with actress Yoon Jin-seo. “It was my first time. I even worked out in advance. I had two bedroom scenes: one was a sweet, romantic scene and the other was an oppressive one. Both of them were not easy,” he said.

“The bedroom scenes… They seem natural and easy when watching, but they are difficult when you actually have to do them. I thought director Kim would tell me what to do or show me the moving lines in detail just like when we are doing action scenes. But there was none. It was hard.” He laughed and revealed the pressure he was under.

He went on. “It was hard before all the foreign staffs watching us. However, I am satisfied with how the results came out.” He has showed satisfaction on his bedroom scenes.

He also told some stories from the shooting. “I didn’t have many lines unlike my works in the past. I think that kind of helped me to play my character in some ways. I was able to concentrate on John much more. Also, the environment means a lot in this film. The beautiful environment and sceneries inspired and helped me when I was playing John, a man who loves a woman whom he should not love,” he said.

“I have been waiting over a year for this movie to release. I am so happy it finally is ready to hit the theaters,” he added.

‘Shoot the Sun’ will premiere on March 19.

credit: getik

Shoot the Sun

‘Shoot the Sun’ Yoon Jin-seo says hot weather of Las Vegas was obstacle

by Veronica Choi

11045335_537054359769260_856839135627436

The press conference for ‘Shoot the Sun’ was held on March 9 at Lotte Cinema in Ja-yang dong, Gwang-jin gu in Seoul. The cast Kang Ji-hwan, Yoon Jin-seo, Park Jung-min and director Kim Tae-sik took part in the meeting.

‘Shoot the Sun’ is about a story about love and desires of two men and a woman in LA and Las Vegas. Actress Yoon Jin-seo was cast to play the role of Sarah, a jazz vocalist.

“I practiced a lot with a vocal trainer. But I was so disappointed when director Kim made a joke saying that I didn’t need have to try that much after all the hard work,” laughed Yoon Jin-seo.

Yoon already has an experience of filming in the United States for ‘Santa Barbara’. “It was quite different from then. In ‘Santa Barbara’, I played the role of an adperson; so I had a lot of day scenes. But it was the opposite in ‘Shoot the Sun’. The night view of LA was magnificent,” she added. “This movie could come out thanks to all the efforts of the cast, staffs and the director. It was scorching hot; we could barely breathe, and we could barely sleep at night. It was the passion that put us all together.” She asked for a big support for the movie.

‘Shoot the Sun’ will hit the theaters in Korea on March 19.

Shoot the Sun

‘Shoot the Sun’ Park Jung-min says filming in U.S thrilling

by Veronica Choi

11044561_537089749765721_344039600794163

‘Shoot the Sun’ is about a story about love and desires of two men and a woman in LA and Las Vegas. Park Jung-min was cast to play the role of ‘Chen’, a sworn brother of John(Kang Ji-hwan). “It was not easy,” said Park Jung-min.

“It’s a little embarrassing to say this, but when I heard that I got the role, I was just simply happy about going to America. However, it was much harder than filming in Korea. All the staffs, including director Kim had to go through difficulties. I almost cried when I saw the final output. It was so emotional. I hope many people enjoy this output as it was not easy to achieve,” he asked for a lot of support and interest.

Park Jung-min told an episode from his bedroom scene.

“My partner was not Korean; and she had a glamorous figure. She was very professional, professional enough to read a book naked in a car while she was on standby. It was interesting,” said Park.

“We originally had a bedroom scene in a room, but it changed to the top of an abandoned truck. She led me throughout the scene, and it was a nerve-racking moment for me. Because I was so nervous I was kind of harsh on the staffs then. I requested that the shooting be held with a skeleton staff, but it was no use; because they all came back after the scene and watched it over and over again. Well, I don’t know. I just trusted my partner.” He made everyone burst into laughter.

‘Shoot the Sun’ will release March 19.

Shoot the Sun

by Veronica Choi

‘Shoot the Sun’ is about a story about love and desires of two men and a woman in LA and Las Vegas. Park Jung-min was cast to play the role of ‘Chen’, a sworn brother of John(Kang Ji-hwan). “It was not easy,” said Park Jung-min.

“It’s a little embarrassing to say this, but when I heard that I got the role, I was just simply happy about going to America. However, it was much harder than filming in Korea. All the staffs, including director Kim had to go through difficulties. I almost cried when I saw the final output. It was so emotional. I hope many people enjoy this output as it was not easy to achieve,” he asked for a lot of support and interest.

“My partner was not Korean; and she had a glamorous figure. She was very professional, professional enough to read a book naked in a car while she was on standby. It was interesting,” said Park.

“We originally had a bedroom scene in a room, but it changed to the top of an abandoned truck. She led me throughout the scene, and it was a nerve-racking moment for me. Because I was so nervous I was kind of harsh on the staffs then. I requested that the shooting be held with a skeleton staff, but it was no use; because they all came back after the scene and watched it over and over again. Well, I don’t know. I just trusted my partner.” He made everyone burst into laughter.

Shoot the Sun

by Veronica Choi

Shoot the Sun

"Shoot the Sun" Kang Ji Hwan, Yoon Jin Seo, Park Jung Min and the warm White Day gift

translated by Pechumori

11045840_537873536354009_393752322391857

The movie "Shoot the Sun" (directed by Kim Tae Sik) released a "Special video" of Kang Ji Hwan, Yoon Jin Seo and Park Jung Min to celebrate White Day.

In the video that was published on Mar. 13, Kang Ji Hwan was seen holding a heart shaped candy and gave out a charming greeting, "To celebrate White Day, we have prepared a candy for everyone."

Kang Ji Hwan played the role of a rough character who radiates masculinity and is set to win the hearts of the female fans with his charm.

Park Jung Min was next and said "Listen, I refuse to accept a refusal. Please take it and don't say no" making a woman's heart flutter with his comment. He gave the candy directly to the audience, showing a soft charm.

Yoon Jin Seo, the only female in between the two men followed by saying "Instead of giving me candy, please watch Shoot the sun". She smiled cheerfully and asked for interest and support for the movie.

Finally, the three actors ended their greetings by saying "Please don't forget and be sure to come".

"Shoot the Sun", a film noir depicting the terrible desire and love of three people, will be released this coming March 19.

credit: http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=201503131135180906138_1

trivia on White Day

White Day occurs every March 14, one month after Valentine's Day, where women receive gifts from men such as cookies, jewelry and chocolate, in return for the favor they did when they gave the men gifts last Valentine's Day. It is observed in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and China. (source: wikipedia)

Shoot the Sun

"Shoot the Sun", personally made posters by Kang Ji Hwan's fans revealed

translated by Pechumori

1601032_540596372748392_9694315859461769

The movie "Shoot the Sun" starring actor Kang Ji Hwan revealed posters made by his fans.

"Shoot the Sun" is a film noir that depicts the story of three people whose fates have crossed and led to a dead end.

After more than three years, Kang Ji Hwan returns to the big screen and plays the role of John, a man who goes to LA, whose life changes after he falls in love and he is pushed to the end of the world. Through the published trailer and stills, his image transformation into a rough man has been noticed by fans and has attracted attention.

Fans who have been waiting for the return of Kang Ji Hwan to the big screen, expressed their interest by making posters. The movie which was shot in Las Vegas and LA provided an exotic background for the fan made posters.

The poster bearing the image of Kang Ji Hwan and YOon Jin Seo standing on an open road brings a different aura, also, the poster of Kang Ji Hwan looking up front while sitting over an old car in a desolate desert leaves a strong impression.

"Shoot the Sun" will be released on March 19.

credit: tenasia

Shoot the Sun

Showbiz Korea-MOVIE "SHOOT THE SUN"

Cine Zoom
MOVIE "SHOOT THE SUN"
A guy named John dodges hardship and arrives in LA to find his father. There′s also his friend named Chen, who′s an illegal immigrant. One day, John and Chen save a Korean, who′s the boss of a crime organization. In the end, the two begin working for him. One day, John meets a vocalist named sarah, who works at a jazz bar which is the hideout of the boss. And thus, an ill-fated encounter begins! The two friends begin their inexorable chase towards money and love. Where′s the end to John and Sarah′s dangerous love and Chen′s desires for money? It′s the noir movie "Shoot the Sun".

credit: ARIRANG KPOP

• 3 months later...

Uncut version of the movie "Shoot the Sun" will be shown throuh IPTV this coming July 1
translated by Pechumori

11667267_868549753181237_358260199696390

On June 26, Joy N Contents group revealed that the movie "Shoot the Sun" will be shown online and on mobile phone services through IPTV and on HomeChoice Cable TV starting on July 1.

A more unconventional and rough story will be presented in the uncut version for the IPTV viewers. The glittering night view of Las Vegas, the vast landscape, beautiful sceneries, hidden scenes and more, will raise the viewers' expectations.

The unprecedented bed scene of Kang Ji Hwan and Yoon Jin Seo, a scene that was not included in the theater version, has been added, which is expected to raise a hot reaction.

"Shoot the Sun", a film noir about three people who have been pushed to the end of the world will launch its uncut version through IPTV on July 1.

credit:http://m.media.daum.net/m/entertain/newsview/20150626142419710

Shoot the Sun

Park Jeong-min stands out in 'Heartbreak'
2015/03/19

photo576114.jpg

Park Jeong-min-I is not the most famous actor in Korea, but he's shown his talent in acclaimed indie flicks such as "Bleak Night" (2011) and "Tinker Ticker" (2014).

And while he may still have some time before he reaches the top, the 28-year-old blows the audience away again in upcoming film "Heartbreak Hotel", directed by Kim Tae-sik.

In the movie he takes on the role of Chen, an illegal immigrant living in the United States who joins a local gang to earn money.

Amid the grim portrayal of the doomed love between the two protagonists, played by Kang Ji-hwan and Yoon Jin-seo, Park's character adds zest to the plot, flitting between being humorous and heart-wrenching.

"I want to be an actor who keeps the viewers curious", said Park in an interview with the Korea JoongAng Daily last Friday.

"For example, when I hear that [popular actor] Hwang Jeong-min has filmed another movie, I can't wait to go to the theater and watch it. I want to be that kind of actor".

After Park debuted in 2011 with "Bleak Night", Hwang kept his eye on him and recruited him to his agency, Sem Company.

Park said he had dreamed of being an actor since he was in middle school, but it took him a little more time to figure out if it was what he really wanted.

In the meantime, he attended Korea University, one of the nation's most prestigious private universities.

"I was a good student, which is why I couldn't bluntly say in front of my parents that I wanted to be an actor all of a sudden", he said.

"When I was more certain of my dream and had the ability to achieve it, I decided to enroll into Korea National University of Arts [K-Arts] to study acting".

His fellow alumni include some of the latest breakout stars such as Byeon Yo-han and Lee Je-hoon. By chance, Park worked with both of them on movies.

However, while Park debuted first, it was Byeon and Lee who rose to stardom.

"I knew that Byeon would become a star before me because he has such great talents in acting, facial expression, dancing and many more. Studying was pretty much the only thing that I outdid him in. I am not jealous or under any pressure about it. It is just that I wished I would become more popular so that my parents can go anywhere and be proud of me".
Although Park hasn't hit the jackpot yet, he doesn't want to become anxious and be hasty about choosing his work.

"I want to be a responsible actor who can recommend my movies to my close acquaintances", he said.

"In the beginning, I used to take on all scripts [I was offered]. That attitude is still necessary for me but now I want to be more responsible about the roles I do. It means that if there are any scenarios that I think I can do well, I should snatch it even if it means that I have to take an audition for it".

The actor said he was just overwhelmed at the fact that he could go to the United States, a country that he has never been to, for "Heartbreak Hotel".

The entire film was shot in the U.S., including Los Angeles and Las Vegas. But it wasn't as easy as he expected.

"Although the other actors and crew took care of each other, going through a strict schedule in a foreign land came down hard on me".

When asked about a fierce scene in which he and his close friend John have a standoff near the end of the film, which is one of the most tense moments, Park said this was "when Chen and I came to a point of contact".

"When I filmed that scene, my mental and physical stress had reached its peak. When I was yelling at Kang [in the film], I was doing the same thing inside of my head, because I thought I couldn't bear any longer".

Word has already spread among local media that Park's performance gives the film wings.

The actor's future is currently becoming a public curiosity as a result.

"I want to deliver a genuine story about real people", he said. "I'm breathing life into the words and I don't want to fake it".

Park's next production is famed director Lee Joon-ik's new film "Dong-ju" (tentative title), which chronicles the life of iconic, patriotic poet Yoon Dong-ju (1917-1945).

Park will play Yoon's closest acquaintance who expresses his nationalism more through actions rather than words.

"Heartbreak Hotel" opened in local theaters on Thursday.

BY JIN EUN-SOO [jin.eunsoo@joongang.co.kr]

Source :http://koreajoongangdaily.joinsmsn.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3002102

credit: http://www.hancinema.net/park-jeong-min-i-stands-out-in-heartbreak--79826.html#$$nqkxgu&&8JHe7hxrEeWnfwqLpIzNaQ$$

Shoot The Sun

10516691_530071317134231_905320733637052

Teaser poster
credit: osen

1376201_216978945137570_749348354_n.jpg

Movie: Shoot toward the Sun (literal title) a.k.a Heartbreak Hotel
Revised romanization: Taeyangeul Hyanghae SswaraHangul: 태양을 향해 쏴라Director: Kim Tae-SikWriter:Producer: Min Ryu (USA), Hyo-Jeong Kim (Korea) and Yeon-Jin Lee
Cinematographer:
World Premiere: March 7, 2015 (Osaka Asian Film Festival)
Release Date: March 19, 2015
Runtime:Language: KoreanCountry: South KoreaFacebook page link: https://www.facebook.com/ShootTheSun

Cast

• [*]

Kang Ji-Hwan - John [*] Yoon Jin-Seo - Sarah [*] Park Jung-Min - Chen (John's friend) [*] Ahn Seok-Hwan

Plot

John (Kang Ji-Hwan) travels to Los Angeles and saves a gang boss. He also meets  Sarah (Yoon Jin-Seo), the girlfriend of the gang boss. John and Sarah fall for each other.

Notes

1. [*] Filming began June 28, 2013 and finished November 2, 2013. [*] Filming takes place in US including Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

Film Festivals

2015 (10th) Osaka Asian Film Festival - March 6-15, 2015 - Closing Film *Japan Premiere

credit: Asianwiki

Character Posters of "Shoot the Sun"

credit: movie daum11016123_815213498514863_406134750607313

11043362_815213548514858_166614667677919

11024680_815213761848170_184810778218163

10835131_815213695181510_456314285047688

Kang Ji Hwan and Yoon Jin Seo will begin filming "Shoot the Sun" in the UStranslated by pechumori 6/27/13
969876_267645143376851_1903384109_n.jpg?
After the SBS drama, "Incarnation of Money", Kang Ji Hwan has chosen to do the movie, "Shoot the Sun". Yoon Jin Seo and Kang Ji Hwan who have been cast in the movie have left for the United States to begin filming which would last for a month. The movie is about two people traveling to the United States for a last shot of the situation.
credit:sportschosunsource: Kang Ji Hwan Philippines FB
"Shoot the Sun" teaser trailer
credit: asiaherald

Trailer of "Shoot the Sun" a.k.a. "Heartbreak Hotel"
credit: OAFF press

Showbiz Korea-MOVIE "SHOOT THE SUN"

Cine Zoom
MOVIE "SHOOT THE SUN"
A guy named John dodges hardship and arrives in LA to find his father. There′s also his friend named Chen, who′s an illegal immigrant. One day, John and Chen save a Korean, who′s the boss of a crime organization. In the end, the two begin working for him. One day, John meets a vocalist named sarah, who works at a jazz bar which is the hideout of the boss. And thus, an ill-fated encounter begins! The two friends begin their inexorable chase towards money and love. Where′s the end to John and Sarah′s dangerous love and Chen′s desires for money? It′s the noir movie "Shoot the Sun".
credit: ARIRANG KPOP

Hancinema link
Asianwiki link

Tqvm @pechumori.  Just realised how good an actor KJH is.  Glad I found him!!!

Archived