[Movie 2015] Shoot The Sun 태양을 향해 쏴라

pechumori

The latest tweet of KJH via his official twitter account @Kangjihwan_ 12/11/13

잘들지내구있죠? 날씨추우니까 감기조심하시고, 간만에 강함사 정모 기대하고 있어요♡♡♡

How are you? Be careful not to catch a cold ♡ ♡ ♡. We had a fun gathering with Kanghamsa after a long time.

1454886_547792128637041_630751038_n.jpg

source: Shoot the Sun

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Kang Ji Hwan's Highlights for the year 2013
by the KJH Philippine Operator 12/29/13
references: working mystic and soompi
photo credit: Atsuko Bando

1476556_556083201141267_381740192_n.jpg
As 2013 is coming to a close, it's always important to review the year that was, to prepare ourselves for the coming year. If department stores have their inventories, why not do a self inventory as well. Take a look back into the things you have achieved for the year, more importantly take stock of the following: the skills you gained whether formally or informally, the things you have achieved, whether at work or at home and the life lessons you have learned from your experiences this year.

If we were to look at KJH's inventory for 2013, we could say that it's been a roller coaster ride. Let travel back in time to review the highlights in KJH's life for 2013.

January opened with a bang, as Kang Ji Hwan was confirmed as the male lead of the SBS drama, "Incarnation of Money" amidst the legal battle with his former agency, Splus. SBS placed a strong trust in KJH saying, "There Is no one for the role other than Kang Ji Hwan". In the same month, he announced his plans of creating his own company.

February 2, 2013, was the premiere showing of KJH's latest drama, "Incarnation of Money" and we were introduced to his much talked about heart-shaped hairstyle. In February 6, Kang Ji Hwan's self owned agency, Choeun Company of which he is the CEO, opened its own Facebook account. Also, in February 27, the Seoul Central District Court dismissed the injunction filed by SPlus Entertainment against Kang Ji Hwan to stop his entertainment activities thereby making him free to shoot "Incarnation of Money".

In March 16, KJH held his Birthday Party in Busan where he discussed some of the dramatic scenes from IOM. In this same month, viewers crowned him as the "National Son" after watching the episode that reunited his character, Lee Cha Don with his mother. From a single digit rating, the drama steadily rose to a double digit rating and the viewers raved at KJH's moving performance in this drama.

After "Incarnation of Money" ended, we saw in April, KJH being interviewed by numerous news agencies (presenting us with loads of gorgeous pictures). The articles featured his insights on his role as Lee Cha Don and also touched on his future plans both in the entertainment industry and in his private life.

May was a busy month for KJH. This was when he graced the cover of the magazine, "The Star" featuring his cover story entitled,
"All About Me". In May 3, Kang Ji Hwan, together with his "Exhibition of Fireworks" co-star, Park Eun Hye, attended the Grand Opening of the Osong Cosmetics Beauty World Expo as its ambassadors, where they both participated in a fan signing event and got a great response from the fans. In May 11, KJH attended the opening of the Beijing exhibit of photographer Park Jung Min, who was responsible for his photos for the Sept. issue of the Singles magazine in 2010. In May 15, Kangstar (the website for KJH's Japanese fans) reopened with a fresh new look and he welcomed it with a video message. In May 16, KJH went to Thailand to film his "Special in Thai DVD" and to have some R & R (rest and recreation) as well. In May 28, KJH posted via his twitter and at Choeun FB page an announcement regarding an opening for country operators for KJH to help him coordinate with his international fans.

In June 14, Kang Ji Hwan's strong Hallyu power earned him the position of Goodwill Ambassador for the Busan Lotte Hotel. one of
his duties was to perform promotional activities for the hotel. In June 27, it was confirmed to the press that Kang Ji Hwan and Yoon Jin Seo were set to start filming the movie, "Shoot Towards the Sun" (working title at that time) Last June 29, KJH immediately flew off to the USA where part of the movie will be shot.

Choeun Company formally announced in July 8, the recognition of the Nine Official Country Support Operators which would come from the following countries: Indonesia, Philippines, USA, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Spain, Mexico and Vietnam. On the 29th of this month, KJH also held his first "Meet and Greet" with the lucky fans in the USA, just before leaving for Korea after filming the movie, "Shoot the Sun" in Las Vegas and Chicago for a month.

The first day of August, KJH had his homecoming in Seoul where he was supposed to continue with the filming of "Shoot the Sun".

Great things happened for KJH in September. On the 13th, KEMA
the Korean Entertainment Management Association's) Sanction Committee issued a statement regarding their decision to release the hold on Kang Ji Hwan in which they pressured the filming agency and broadcasting companies about not allowing any other celebrities in their association from being casted in anything KJH is casted to do. The lifting of this constraint meant new opportunities thereafter. In Sept. 22, KJH left for Japan where he was scheduled to hold a fan meeting the next day in which he presented a play entitled "Thank You". A fan signing event at Tower Records took place on the 24th wherein 300 lucky buyers of the "Special in Thai DVD" had a chance of seeing KJH upclose as he signed their DVD jackets. During the same event, KJH addressed his fans in a brief statement to discuss his future. In Sept. 25, 2013, Kang Ji Hwan participated in a TV recording for the Japanese show, "Satellite Theater Presents". to promote his recent drama, "Incarnation of Money" which was set to air in Japan by November. He flew back quietly to Seoul and surprised his fans last Sept. 27 when he attended the Johnnie Walker House Opening Ceremony wearing his (
black tuxedo.

Great news came out in October as the Seoul Central District Court dismissed the case filed by SPLUS against Kang Ji Hwan regarding the validity of his exclusive contract with their agency. The court ruled that the plaintiff, Splus should compensate 5 million won to Kang Ji Hwan. Also on the 31st of October, KJH was confirmed by Kino Pictures as the main character, Jin Woo for the movie, "Romancing Game" which will be directed by Han Deok Jeon.

November was a bit quiet, but we received good news when Choeun Company announced that KJH will appear on "The Celebrity" magazine for its January edition. The photo shoot was to take place on the 28th of November.

In December, Choeun held a "Steal Ji Hwan's Heart" event which was scheduled from Dec. 2 to 20, 2013, where fans were to post love messages on the Facebook fan page of KJH's Choeun
Company. December was also the memorable month where KJH finally opened his own personal Facebook account

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007135543938

together with his Official Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/강지환/546313088786418?ref=notif&notif_t=fbpage_fan_invite

Not long after, DC Kissgall opened a Facebook page themselves. The last event attended by KJH for the year was the Kanghamsa Christmas Party which took place last December 15, 2013.

All in all, we could say that 2013 was a good year for KJH, with lots of triumphs and outstanding achievements.

How about you? Have you looked backed at your achievements in 2013?

source:
Kang Ji Hwan Philippines

"The CELEBRITY" Kang Ji Hwan Interview
translated by the KJH Philippine Operator January 3, 2014
source: Kang Ji Hwan Club
photo credit: DC Kissgall

1506875_558800274202893_267758395_n.jpg

SENSE & SENSIBILITY

The reversed appeal of Kang Ji Hwan. A sharp, cold man. That's how Kang Ji Hwan looks at first glance. However, he is a totally different guy. A man with shining brown eyes, has a car that looks undriveable, and who canceled an appointment just to see his dog. Combine all that with humor. Such is the surprising story of Kang Ji Hwan.

editor SUYOUNG JANG photographer JUNGMIN PARK
stylist JINKYU LEE hair ENOC LEE makeup JUNSUNG LEE

If you were to make a movie about your life, what genre would it be?

Because it is not a mediocre actor's life, it would be interesting in whatever genre. If there is a scandal as intense as a nuclear bomb, it would become a very exciting movie. Obviously, it seems quite an interesting work which would have a happy ending.

Actor Kang Ji Hwan who looks good in the movies is brilliant in the comedy genre. "Detective Cha" (Runway Cop) is one example. What is your real personality? Based on your appearance, you look pretty cold.

When playing interesting characters, you abandon yourself to the role. However, on a daily basis, I'm a very serious man. An actor portrays the lives of others, and to do that, you must feel the role. We must show even before the staff, the character created and not yourself. Thanks to a serious personality, this change is possible. Because I'm an actor.

If you have a time machine in your hands, would you want to see yourself at any point in time?

I want to go back in the past and change the proud acts I have done and regretted. But what's past is past. On the contrary, I want to see what my future self will be. Who I will marry, how I will be when I get older, and what age I will reach?

The term work-related ego is awkward, but I think it has the biggest attraction.

Such a thing floats in your mind suddenly, at the time of work. When I transform perfectly in character, seeing my appearance in the mirror, it is good. But I'm embarrassed that "my broad shoulders, strong muscles and long eyelashes" are emphasized. Do not laugh. We all do.

It is not possible for any actor in the world to receive only good reviews. Severe criticism will also be a driving force in the future. What is your attitude in dealing with the bad ratings?

It is not an exaggeration to say acting is life itself. When subjected to severe criticism, the director, the staff and the co-stars are affected. Of course you want to say sorry but you are unable to say the words. When facing the work therefore, when the red light of the camera lights up during recording, I, more than anyone in the world, am keen on being serious.

Who do you think are the people who matter most in your hard times?

The manager who is encouraging me now, deserves this one hundred percent and the fans who will protect me at any time. I know this is a predictable answer, but to me, it's more serious than any word in the world.

Have you recently discovered anything surprising about yourself?

Sunday morning, I opened the windows of the house, went to the supermarket, checked the expiration date of the yogurt. It is a moment that I saw myself changed. So strange, really.

I have heard that you really love your dog. Is there anything that he changed in you, what and how?

I have a three year old Pomeranian pet dog. I look after him by myself, and even if there is work outside, I worry about such things as his rice. often, I also think he might be bored, so I go home early and cancel my appointments. I end up buying delicious snacks and clothes that I find on the streets. Would you say that this is the rehearsal of being a father figure? We all do.

What is a hobby for Kang Ji Hwan?

I like all the vehicles around the world. So I have a collection of motorcycles and cars. Because there is a sense of closeness to me to be attractive rather than to have luxury, and the ride that it gives. I'm also interested in architecture.

It is something that I can do now. But there are times when you are compelled to have money to live. It is because you are in a situation where anyone experiences imminent economical needs. I experienced it when I was an unknown. I had no income. Even ordinary people do. If you cannot give to loved ones, there really is a need for money.

The public does not see you unless you do a movie or drama. You probably can also appear in a variety program.

The entertainment TV program I like best is "Chak". It appeared and put out a hit capturing the hearts of women with that crazy idea. Such character seemed like a 'King' in the audience perspective.

You are currently shooting a movie called "Romancing Game". You play the role of a car thief and a car racer, would you want to tell me what kind of role that is?

There is also action and romance. I should be able to present my masculine image but I cannot express so much yet.

You are at an age that must be considering marriage. Do you want to become a husband of any celebrity and also would they want that mate?

I'm stuck at appearances at the moment. We all are. But when I think of a wife, I want a homebody. My dream is a rich family, to be a handsome and good dad.

source: Kang Ji Hwan Philippines

Last Dec. 26, 2013, Yoon Jin Seo held a book concert for the readers of the first book she authored, "Vivre Sa Vie" .
More from this link: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fisplus.live.joins.com%2Fnews%2Farticle%2Farticle.asp%3Ftotal_id%3D13500886&usg=ALkJrhgKyvrya7lZPmBYLirqEdhaPp-oeQ

1526886_342972579177440_1794805625_n.jpg

You can watch Yoon Jin Seo's book concert from this link:
http://blog.naver.com/k_booknews/100203054324

Message from Kang Ji Hwan's Choeun Company: 1/7/14

"How are you? CHOEUN Company.
Bright new year 2014 is finally up.
Our actor Kangjihwan and CHOEUN company fans to cheer the Happy New Year ~
All in all, I hope your health.

CHOEUN company developing the new year pushes harder.
And we'll let the actors work like a cow ^ ^

Thank you.
2014 Fighting all of us!!!"

As the saying goes, KJH will work like an ox this year.
photo credit: Midori

1509886_560590287357225_502940952_n.jpg

KJH'S FIRST TWEET FOR 2014 VIA HIS OFFICIAL TWITTER @Kangjihwan_ 1/10/14
Translated:
Happy New Year! ♡ Filming has stopped. I read the script of the next work. Because of an acquaintance, I will go to a warm country. Before starting this year, I will recharge with the manager and then I will work like an ox as I have said.

1512348_343602932447738_1672570476_n.jpg

KJH posted a tweet last Jan. 12, 2014, via his official twitter @Kangjihwan_
Translated:

I did needlework after an interval of more than 20 years, a hobby that suddenly occurred to me which is so interesting. Though I can't describe what a childish and countryside thing it is, it was a complete remodeling of clothes that are no longer used. It is better than to spend a lot of money. Will it be my airport fashion of tomorrow?

1601150_563967383686182_1333475277_n.jpg

KJH's latest tweet via his official twitter account @Kangjihwan_ 1/13/14
Translated:
Arrived from South Korea after 5 hours! Was not able to greet the fans at the Shanghai airport properly. I'm Sorry! This place is awesome, never imagined so much elevator exit in here, it's my first time. So, thank you for the gifts and for the amazing hospitality.

1503425_564228906993363_1718088000_n.jpg

source: Kang Ji Hwan Philippines

Archived