[Drama 2013-14] You Who Came From the Stars / My Love From Another Star ★ 별에서 온 그대

Maetawinz

• Replies 27.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hong Kong Looking to Adapt Korea’s “You Who Came from the Stars”
76FUQ7q.jpg
According to Taiwanese media reports, Hong Kong’s Media Asia Entertainment is interested in making a movie version of the hit South Korean SBS television series, You Who Came from the Stars < 來自星星的你>. Currently one of the most popular foreign drama series airing in China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong, the sci-fi romantic comedy drama, which stars Gianna Jun and Kim Soo Hyun, drew in over 800 million online viewers on official Chinese video-sharing websites. The 21-episode series is also a big hit in its native Korea, with television ratings peaking at 30 percent. You Who Came from the Stars premiered on Korea’s SBS channel on December 18, 2013, and is set to air its finale on February 27, 2014.

Sources say that many Chinese, Taiwanese, and Hong Kong television stations attempted to purchase the rights to adapt You Who Came from the Stars to their own versions, but SBS declined, revealing their plans on adapting the series into their own feature film. Wanting to target the Chinese-language market, it was reported that SBS was looking for a Chinese production company to co-produce the film, and Hong Kong’s Media Asia immediately responded to the call. The two companies have reportedly been negotiating the film’s rights since as early as when the series was airing its fifth episode in early January 2014.

Media Asia is one of the largest Chinese-language film studios, producing successful films such as Infernal Affairs <無間道> and A World Without Thieves <天下無賊>. Media Asia admitted, “We’re definitely interested in making a film version of You Who Came from the Stars. We want to purchase the rights to adapt it. As for the female lead, we’ll talk about it if we are able to purchase the rights. We hope to collaborate with Korea, but for now it is still too early to say anything.”

Rumors surfaced claiming that Media Asia was looking into casting Taiwan’s Shu Qi (舒淇) and mainland China’s Huang Xiaoming (黃 曉明) as the lead stars in the Chinese-language adaptation. Changing the story’s setting from ancient Korea to ancient China, the film is expected to begin production at the end of the year. SBS, however, reportedly wanted to bring back Gianna Jun to star instead. Gianna Jun has yet to respond to the casting reports.

In regards to Huang Xiaoming’s involvement, his manager replied with a laugh and declined to comment further. Shu Qi’s manager has not given a reply.

Taiwanese actors Mark Chao (趙又廷) and Kai Ko (柯震東) have also been considered.

Credit: Jayne Stars

Guest krcodai

actually I have some more spoiler pics, but I got some PM said that I shouldn't up them here :-s
what do you think? if you are chingus dont want to be spoiled then I will not do that :D

Guest soosoosoohyun

krcodai said: actually I have some more spoiler pics, but I got some PM said that I shouldn't up them here :-s
what do you think? if you are chingus dont want to be spoiled then I will not do that :D

OMG @krcodai, please post them in spoilers so that those who want to be spoiled (like me) can have a look.Aigoo !! I wish I had some sources...

This wait is killing me lol
Well, while we wait...i always had this question while watching, how come MJ gets sick when he exchanges saliva with humans but humans don't get sick too?
I know it's a technicality and i really don't care much about it, but since we are killing time, why not asking? ahah

i have a strong hunch that Do Min Joon will eventualy loose his powers as a consequence of staying on earth. Chun Song Yi and him will have their happy ending. I'm just curious how will the writers tie the loose ends of Hwi Kyung, his psycho brother (can't remember his name), Bok ja, Yoon jae and his parents, and Lawyer Jang.

Yes, i don't care about semi's character.
>:)

krcodai said: people say that right now DMJ is filming an outdoor scene in Ilsan (near a subway station) but with BAREFOOT!!!!!!!
wth???????????
he already lost his power so he teleports to middle of nowhere again? :))

ps. korean fans in DC dont want to upload spoiler pics :(( but I want to see :((

edit: upload pic but where is he??????????

cre: DC

Guest krcodai

if you want to see the reaction of SY when our alien be arrested by police :X
thanks @maddie and @soosoosoohyun, I forgot about spoiler tag :X

237450164_262090b6_image.jpg

237450164_5d3013f5_image.jpg
cre: DC

Guest janeunbi

If they plan to make YWCFTS into movie they should make it half from the drama then continue on how is their life as a married couple.how they cope with children around them and the in laws guaranteed that still jeon jii hyun and kim soo hyun as lead stars with the original cast...

Guest linhnlt

I can't stop laughing when see those spoiler pics and keep thinking MJ is wearing SY's slippers and a cardigan looks exactly like SY's :))

Our Stars really has a huge attraction, I can see a grandma watches them filming \:D/

krcodai

said: actually I have some more spoiler pics, but I got some PM said that I shouldn't up them here :-s

what do you think? if you are chingus dont want to be spoiled then I will not do that

:D

@krcodai, I vote for no spoiler pic, lets enjoy waiting the last 2 episodes that will be more enjoyable to watch. But BTS after watching the series are very excited to see.

Or you can put on spoiler so let we personally decide to open it or not. TIA

Guest queeniet

lmfao why do i feel like the last two episode is going to be epic and hilarious ? i mean the writer should totally  do that to heal our pain from last week episodes.

Archived