BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread: 2nd Chapter [#2025OT7 #11thAnniversary #MUSE #HobiD89 #Who #AreYouSure #RunJin #BeMine]

YongZura⁷

20231219144301_BTS.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

BTS’s “Spring Day” Returns To No. 1 On Billboard’s World Digital Song Sales Chart Following Members’ Enlistment

Dec 19, 2023
by E. Cha

Nearly seven years after its release, BTS’s beloved hit “Spring Day” has re-entered Billboard’s World Digital Song Sales chart at No. 1!

Last week, BTS’s V, RM, Jimin, and Jungkook joined their bandmates by enlisting in the military, meaning that all seven members of the group are currently serving.

As fans sent them off, BTS’s emotional hit “Spring Day,” which was first released in February 2017—and notably features lyrics about longing and waiting to meet someone again in the future—shot to No. 1 on the iTunes Top Songs chart in the United States.

On December 19 local time, Billboard officially announced that “Spring Day” had also returned to No. 1 on its World Digital Song Sales chart, marking its 63rd non-consecutive week on the chart.

Meanwhile, “Spring Day” debuted at No. 5 on Billboard’s main Digital Song Sales chart, marking the song’s first time entering the chart since its release.

Several other BTS songs also re-entered the World Digital Song Sales chart this week: “Outro: Tear” re-entered at No. 2, “No More Dream” at No. 6, and “Louder Than Bombs” at No. 8. Additionally, “Outro: Tear” debuted on the main Digital Song Sales chart at No. 22.

Congratulations to BTS!

ctto

p.s

I did plan to visit the "famous bus stop" in 2019 but had to cancel the trip.

• Blob 1

Whenever we watch BTS Docu series, tissue is a MUST.  The first two episodes have just been released on Disney + As expected, watching all the hardship and the events that happened in 2018, I :bawling: . The memories of that year came back.  

To be continued.  The preview for next week:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ctto

• Love 1

• YongZura⁷ changed the title to BTS 10th. Anniversary (방탄소년단) Official Thread: 2nd Chapter [#WeWillWaitForYouIn2025 #CloserThanThis] *Be Safe, Healthy and Happy #BTS
On 12/19/2023 at 11:56 PM, YongZura⁷ said:

Yay! Another episode of Suchwita.

She's finally here!

SUGA x IU

Always bickering those two :D

@YongZura⁷ did you see the pics of JK and Jimin in the military? 

1703177159-untitled-1.jpg

more pics here:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/12/photos-of-jungkook-and-jimin-during-their-basic-military-training-revealed

and here:

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/bts-jungkook-jimin-korean-military-app/

• Like 1

@partyon Maybe this is just my personal preference,  I prefer to see the pictures that they share themselves during their enlistment. :sweet:(I understand that the military does release them through "The Camp" but still ...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTS Owns 40% Of An Entire Billboard Chart This Week by Hugh McIntyre

BTS is not active as a band at the moment. The seven members are all busy with their mandatory military service, which is required of all men in South Korea by a certain age. The singers may not be releasing new music, but this week, they’re back to dominating at least one Billboard chart as they’ve done so many times in the past.

This week, BTS are the kings of the World Digital Song Sales chart–Billboard’s ranking of the bestselling tunes in America classified as “world.” The K-pop vocal group fills 40% of all the spaces on the 10-spot tally with a quartet of returning wins.

BTS is back at No. 1 on the World Digital Song Sales chart this week with their single “Spring Day.” The tune returns to the highest rung on the tally after previously running the show in the past. According to Luminate, the song sold another 6,834 copies in the prior tracking period

Back in the runner-up spot is “Outro: Tear.” That tune reappears at No. 2 on this week’s World Digital Song Sales chart. BTS’s secondary win hits a new high this time around. Luminate states that “Outro: Tear” sold just under 3,000 copies.

Down at No. 6, BTS appears once again. The band’s “No More Dream” makes a grand return to the World Digital Song Sales chart, but it can’t quite find its way back to its peak. The cut once rose as high as No. 2 in 2020.

BTS’s final placement on this week’s World Digital Song Sales chart is “Louder Than Bombs.” That track, like the two just ahead of it, peaked at No. 2, missing out on becoming another leader by one space. The septet’s hit returns at No. 8.

@YongZura⁷ I guess everyone is different. Am sure many fans were happy to see pics of them, as it is a difficult transition for some with BTS enlisting.  I know I found it nice to see an update.

Also, these are official pics released by The Camp app which is managed by the Korean military. It also allows the members to continue to receive messages and fan letters from ARMY - even while they are enlisted. This same service is available for everyone who enlists. So it’s not just a celebrity perk to my understanding  

• Love 1