Funny things we notice in Korean dramas

Guest robs1430291557

chasen8888 said: Here is some more:
>6. The iv drip is the miracle cure for everything and can easily be taken out by the patient.  In a hospital there are rarely any doctors, nurses or security to prevent the person from leaving after being on death's door the night before.>

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest trixicopper

Nothing good EVER happens at the Han river. Also known as "The River of Doom".
 When you're trying to avoid someone who is two feet away from you, turn your back, it's magic! You're now invisible!

Guest yan624

hi! newbie here. . .this thread makes my day, really funny!
but here's one thing i noticed
. .they talk with their mouth full which is just disgusting 

when a person tries to slap someone and they get their arm grabbed and deflected, the hitter has the look on their face like OMG are u getting a backbone and standing up to me,! its like they don't expect ppl to stop them from hitting them

Guest atomichighfive

hi! newbie here. . .this thread makes my day, really funny!

but here's one thing i noticed

Glad I'm not the only one who notices this!!

Guest robs1430291557

atomichighfive said:

yan624

wrote:

»

hi! newbie here. . .this thread makes my day, really funny!<br />

but here's one thing i noticed<br />

EVERYONE has a bottle/pitcher of water from which a cup is filled.
EVERYTHING is served from a little tray.  
Characters climb into/out of bed wearing a coat & scarf.
Hand washing, when sick or in the hospital, wiping hands with a folded towel.

I was wondering where everyone went.  Speaking of bathroom, there are no paper towels, everyone has to use their own handkerchief.  Sleeping full clothing and full make up seems common.  Would like to go and see all these customs in person.

Guest jaewon fan
:D Am i the only one who notice that all rich people in Kdrama land have at least a dozen of body guards or assistants that follow them around where ever they gO? They also have this common practice which all the staff on the building including shopping mall have to line up on the main entrance just to greet the owner. =))

Dunno whether anyone mentioned this one:

- Main characters always get new hairdo halfway through the series (even if main girl is damn poor, her hair will always look like she just stepped out of the salon, I suppose because she did?!)

Guest sicknine

When a shows that fast forward to 2 - 4 years later, the male leads especially will just grew a facial hair to make it looks different that they have grow up eventho it's just 4 years. Like seriously? 4 years ago are they baby that doesn't have any facial hairs? :))
In older dramas, will always the male leads have to run and chase the bus and the female lead always inside the bus didn't realize that male lead is chasing that stupid bus :)) . 
Nowadays drama didn't have that scene anymore. The last one I saw was in Boys Over Flowers. Goo Jun Pyo chasing bus and Jandi was inside :)) I think this chasing bus scene was started by Stairway to Heaven? =))

Guest robs1430291557

sicknine said: When a shows that fast forward to 2 - 4 years later, the male leads especially will just grew a facial hair to make it looks different that they have grow up eventho it's just 4 years. Like seriously? 4 years ago are they baby that doesn't have any facial hairs? :))
In older dramas, will always the male leads have to run and chase the bus and the female lead always inside the bus didn't realize that male lead is chasing that stupid bus :)) . 
Nowadays drama didn't have that scene anymore. The last one I saw was in Boys Over Flowers. Goo Jun Pyo chasing bus and Jandi was inside :)) I think this chasing bus scene was started by Stairway to Heaven? =))

Here are a few more:-

1. When the rich commits a crime, most times they find someone to take the fall for them by using either threats, offer a bribe $$ or promising to look after their family while they are in prison. If that person refuses, they pretend to be okay with it and later that person get eliminated.
  2. When you read the synopsis of the drama, usually after watching the fourth episode it is different from what was originally written.
  3. There is usually a sharing of ear phones between two people.  Can be either friend or OTP.
  4. Someone always say "You crazy!!"

Guest robs1430291557

@laquetahodge. And that is why I dropped that drama by the 3rd episode. If only they stuck to that premis, I may have stayed................ @soulnoona. I was waiting for you to post that head bandage thing. And we are still waiting to understand the concept/reason for it! LOL.......

Guest jamaatunrohmah

@robs I stayed until episode 8 or 9 then it became clear the writing was terrible. Why would we want to hate the female lead? I can't for the life of me understand why they want us to root for them only to have her actions prove otherwise. It's just Fashion King with higher ratings

Indeed. I rarely love the female lead. They are usually annoying and not loveable or plain boring. Only few of them I like; Joo Min Young in Nine, Choi Hee Jin in QIHM, Sung Min Ah in The King of Drama (I know she wasn't the lead here), Arang in Arang and the Magistrate, Sung Si Won in Reply 1997, Seo Eun Young in Coffee House, Lee Se Ryung in The Princess Man. Writers should write awesome lead female like them more in the future.

Other:-

1. The woman is instantly pregnant once you see her trying to throw up.
  2. Words such as - "you are dead", " I will kill you" and "die" is often used.
  3. In historical sagueks - the clothes remain the same no matter what (usually they stick from 1 to 5).  Not that we are interested in a new piece of wardrobe for every day of the week, but still.
  4. Some heroines/female leads are so naive/innocent you question if they were actually born in this century with the technology and vast amount information that we have today (that includes the convent).  It is worse if you are informed that this person actually lived in the US or traveled.  It is the same for men in terms of "life experience".  We want both leads to have some sense, be busy but not too busy on life on a whole.
  5. At the wedding you see friends of the bride/groom that you never see before and after - they disappear. To the point that you have to ask "Who/What the heck are you?"
  6. The fact that we notice these things and then some proves that we are k-drama addicts to the core and proud of it.

Archived