[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

pegster said: I don't think they would have been able to overthrow the ET Clan even if SN didn't stop them.  ET already had a plan, and was ready to trap them all.  It was a set up.
SN had to tell TH that DK was heading back to the palace, if TH had managed to kill ET on the spot, DK would not have just sat there and watch is father and sister die, he had the army with him.  If ET had died, he probably would have killed TH, and revolt.
Just read some spoilers from the novel in Baidu.

SN is going to have the baby, and someone is going to take the baby from her, but apparently it's not DK or DS.

SN is going to get BA to help her back to the palace, and as soon as she returns to the palace, she's appointed as concubine, and 'serves' TH right away.  Not sure if TH will find out at that time that she's already had a baby.
The second queen that comes after DS is going to be the one raising SN's child, so it's the 2nd queen who's going to pass that child as TH's and have him named the crown prince.  This part I don't get how that's going to happen because TH doesn't even have another woman outside of DS and LP at this time.
BA will be against SN to become Empress, so TH is only able to make her the secondary Empress, or 'Qwibi' the highest consort right below the Empress.  
Eventually someone will discover that the crown prince is actually SN and WY's child.  It doesn't specify who does it, but someone is going to kill WY to keep the secret to the son's identity.  SN will take revenge for WY's death, and eventually take control of the empire.

Goodness, I'm just thinking, I'm sure HJW has people around her who have been pregnant, I think her sisters have kids.  Will anyone tell her there's an issue with the timeline??  
Jiwonnie, did you not realize that we were pregnant for 10 months before giving birth, how did you get so pregnant and give birth in such a short period of time!?
I wonder if HJW will watch the drama herself and realize, 'Oh Shitlocks! What is with this crazy richard simmons timeline!!???'

Guest walkingintherain

I'm now watching ep 22, and I am wondering now why SN looks back at the room before she get into the carriage to leave to goryeo??? I mean, I thought she was happy to go back??? SN is so hard to understand  8-}
And TH really grew up well, I liked the way he just nodded his head as if saying "it's for the best" when he heard Golta said that SN had already left the palace. If he was the old TH he would be throwing tantrums already  =))

Guest nana544

Ohhhhh Gosh, why is Monday so far away!!!

On another note: I really hope that TN does not have SN's baby.
I feel sorry for her, because she is mean, but still a child at heart.
Her father doesn't pay attention to her, and it seems like she have no one to love her.
TH doesn't pay attention to her, and so she turns to evil to made her happy.
Now, she is delusional and crazy to the point she thought she was pregnant.
Last thought, I feel sorry for Lady Nol---all the good characters are being killed off the show.

Ok now i know for sure the child will live. ahh this drama is driving me mad! she'll have the baby for sure. its 7 months. 3-4 mos. according to Dokman the 4 mos after. 7-8 mos. huh   =(( this will be painful for our emperor :(  because of that it would be painful for me too. 

For references if anyone wants to compare.
I remember from reading the novel summaries/translations off Baidu, there was some mention of the baby, but I don't know how true the translations are to the actual novel.

SN gets pregnant no long after she gets to the palace, and TH actually knows about it.  TH will hide the fact that SN is pregnant to save her (I'm not sure if that means he announces it's his baby or what).

The empress (doesn't specify if it's DS or the second empress) ends up raising SN's child.  
TH doesn't like the child.  So if in the drama it ends up DS takes SN's baby, even if TH doesn't know he's not his child, I doubt he will treat the child well since he hates DS and her family, and knows what they want to eventually use the baby for.

So far it seems the drama is following the major events in the novel, but not along the same timeline with some deviation as to how the events take place.
After seeing the preview, I pity LP even more.  Poor woman, even now, everyone's all about SN, no one is overly concerned about her, and even if the ED was, it's only because of the baby she's carrying.
I hope part of the reason that TH wants to die (from the preview) is because he couldn't protect his child and the woman carrying is child, and not solely just because he thinks SN is dead.
About the episode 24 spoiler that  @minnie0103 posted earlier, someone on Weibo said it's not a true spoiler/preview.  It's a made up spoiler/speculation from a fan in the Korean DC forums.  This is believable because why would MBC release spoilers for episode 24 when episode 23 hasn't even been broadcast yet.
I don't think they'll do another 'guess if I'm really SN' plot.  When SN returns to the palace, I want her to return as herself, and not hide her identity, I don't want to see anymore, 'is she, or is she not' plot.  How she'll achieve that, I don't know.
Oh I think I'm crazy, I keep thinking about WHIB.  I don't know if I want a WHIB type ending or not....
It would be hard for SN not to love TH because I'm sure he'll do a lot of things for her.  Heck, I think he'll risk his life saving her, maybe they'll do a plot where TH tries to save SN by shielding her just like her mom and Lady Noh.  While TH is badly injured and on the verge of dying is when SN realizes how important he is to her.
Oh WY, I'm sorry, but you and SN are just not destined for each other.  History has it that SN will be with TH.  
I really, really hope that SN will come to love TH eventually even if not right away.  It'll so tragic that she can't be with the man she loves, but has to live all her live with the man she doesn't love.  Won't be able to admit to her son that she's his mother...

petria said: hanaseyes said:

@petria, @kaeruchan:

I hope they can bring some light in these next ep. I miss TH smile so much.
Even the drama have so much mistake. I'll still there, and waiting for some next ep because of him.
This and only this character give me so much hope since beginning. I hope they don't ruin it, and please, don't make him like a puppet until the end, when all people even SN lie to him.
I don't wanna see just tears, hate, revenge, lie, fighting for .. 40 ep. That's so tired and painful.
But why old audience love these tragedy like that. For exemple my mother always see these drama Taiwanese where two or three family fighting each others and many things bad happen. !!! We have enough tired and stress from real life !!! Haizzzzzz 

@pegster's spoiler:

For the many speculations I’ve read, none can be compared to this one. This is far the worst of the worst and if the drama really decides to strive towards that direction as according to the novel, I will be puking blood.  I was never a fan of the child-plot and especially not having TH accepting it as his own.  Where is this man’s pride???  I would understand why he would order WY dead since it has to do to with the reputation of your country (too much of a conspirecy)  but isn’t SN and TH forever stuck in a love-hate relationship.  And if that’s the way they kill of WY, I will rebel. He should die at least a more honorable death (like during battlefield or something). This really hurts, because TH has been used from ep 1 and I can’t imagine the pain that will be inflicted upon him when he learns the identity behind that child and the reason why SN stays beside him. That’s a serious heart wrenching betrayal that I don’t see him being able to recover from (poor dude’s health likely deteriorate from the truth which probably is the main cause for his death).  So in the end it’s SN that destroys both men and pushed them to their ultamite death (lol).

Guest leticiabarcellos

hanaseyes said:

@petria, @kaeruchan:

I hope they can bring some light in these next ep. I miss TH smile so much.
Even the drama have so much mistake. I'll still there, and waiting for some next ep because of him.
This and only this character give me so much hope since beginning. I hope they don't ruin it, and please, don't make him like a puppet until the end, when all people even SN lie to him.
I don't wanna see just tears, hate, revenge, lie, fighting for .. 40 ep. That's so tired and painful.
But why old audience love these tragedy like that. For exemple my mother always see these drama Taiwanese where two or three family fighting each others and many things bad happen. !!! We have enough tired and stress from real life !!! Haizzzzzz 

I was/am pro-love child plot... but the reason I was is, that in my point of view from Episode 1, I did see that strong love longing between SN and WY. Therefore I needed to be sold onto this true love, and to me the only way was for this couple to sleep together out of love and not out of duty...(like TH-LP/TH-TN) I didn't want this love story to be all pink (based on love stares, a hug and a childish kiss) I wanted to feel this as real. And it happened the way I wanted it. Now I'm a believer of the real love-bond between WY and SN
Once the love-child plot was on I wished for SN to struggle becoming a mother. I wanted SN to be on her own and have this baby on her own, alone. I want this character to fully develop into an Iron Woman; and become this powerful empress she's meant to be. She had experienced a lot of pain, a lot of struggles; but nothing compares to the inner strength you gain after becoming a mother, specially if you're on your own. And so far, it seems this is going to happen. On Secret Garden, HJW's character - in my point of view - became weaker after falling in love, I didn't like that... I want SN to shine in womanly strength.
My wish list for what is to come:
Romantic me:-I want WY to know that SN was carrying his child= Yes I want to fuel his inner self and make him "darker" ;;)-I want TN to take care of LP's baby for a little while-I want TH to grow up and feel mature love=He'll let go of his selfishness and sacrifice himself for the woman he loves-I want TalTal to fall in love with SN and become her shadow, her right hand, her support; he will also give his life for her-At the end, I want WY and SN to find each other again and die together while embracing themselvesEvil me:-I want YBS to be castrated and left blind and tongueless by SN; then sent to a mine while carrying a heavy plank on his back-I want El Temur be killed by one of his own sons-I want TN be stoned to death-I want Dang Ki Se to die being eaten alive by Lions while SN is watching

With the subs writer clearly hint to us viewers the terms of pregnancy for both SN and LP. 

Bleeding at 7 months with proper medical care, the baby can be saved. SN learnt a lot about all sorts of home/kitchen herbal remedies (while fleeing in the jungle with Peaha, LP and ET poison fiasco) so hopefully she will try whatever possible from the cave/jungle to save herself and her newborn baby?
Well if she delivered her baby, that's it for my sista... she don't have any interest in SN anymore and will bid sayonara to EK. As for me, watching WY's expressions in ep1 with TH and looking sadly from a distance at SN, I do feel the baby died. This would mean he has no hold or ties whatsoever with SN making it possible for her to become the concubine/Empress of TH.
Chona is a real careless or an inexperienced man. Leaving SN behind, he should have insisted she follows him. Did it never occur to him, a little at least, that SN may be pregnant? He probably used contraceptive that night so thinking all is well, silly Chona? hahaha