[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Okay, i need to focus... SN, WY and TH can be the death of me...

I bet we can all come up with 30 reason why SN and WY should be together and why SN and TH should be together.

but i must say, the chart is wrong then... on the chart, it shows that WY and SN loves each other equally so why can't they be together till the end!! WHY!! WHY!!! :-SS :-SS [-X :-SS :-SS [-X

TH, you are one lucky man to have SN beside you since you were almost kill to her even coming to Yuan

at least there won't be a trust issue here so SN won't have to send her men to kill WY.

(i am a believer of non shipper for the thread lol [-X )

this is a 50-episode drama and we can't possibly have battle scenes and characters brandishing their swords all the time so slow paced episodes like today's are expected. now it might be a problem if it's just a filler but sometimes it is needed for character developpment and we could see WY finally starting to make a move regarding his love life while TH is finally showing some growing up. it's good to see he's finding strength in his feelings for SN that are propelling him to become a better person

as for the love triangle, the way I see it is SN will definitely open up to TH. I don't think it's gonna be the crazy kind of love but she'll slowly learn to appreciate him as a man and accpet him as her partner in life because judging from the first episode, even though we know it was a 'forced' marriage, I didn't see hatred in her eyes
BUT for all this to happen, she needs first to get over her first love who's obviously WY and so far their love story hasn't even started so we need to be more patient until WY-SN sort out their feelings and try to be together and how, according to how we know the story will go, that will prove to be difficult and finally let go of each other and move on...so yeah there's still a looong way to go

Guest walkingintherain

Wait... Can somebody tell me whether the puppet show(?) is arranged by TH for SN? Because I noticed how TH whisper something to Golta and hushed him when SN enters, and also during the puppet show, he kept on looking at tanashiri as if expecting her to leave.Anyway, I might be thinking too much because I'm going crazy now waiting for the subtitles!  8-}

@CherKell
me too lol I was going between ships when I stopped shipping lol :))
so actually yeah I don't care anymore who is with who...as long as the writers do it in a convincing way I will be happy
for whoever is with SN at the end

@CherKell - 
Me too - not bored at all! But I have to admit when Plague Boy comes on is when I run for a coffee re-fill. (LOL) Otherwise, I'm glued to my screen - even more so when subs come out. 
(DarkSmurf subs - not MBC)  :|  Although, those are good for a laugh. 

Guest anjshin

Not really, WE're not tyrant. ;)

@minnie0103: exactly we are not, we're an avid kdrma lovers and supporters, it's just that we love the SN=WY tandem, @kenneth123: and that already came from you, you're skipping the parts between them because you can not stand it, from that you will never really feel their chemistry, it's just like hearing a complaint when all along you don't want to know what's on the other side. just saying,. anyway this is a drama, it just showed how brilliant is the empress ki team for making the followers tremble. peace chinggu, enjoy the show. :))

.....Mice appear and are scattered in the Imperial Palace and rumors about Emperor Myungjong’s curse begins to spread... (as per above translated preview for ep 18?)
Earlier eps at the village, mice were seen roaming everywhere. I suspected then it will play a part in future episodes.. well hope these mice in ep 18 are Plague infected creatures.. as we know TH/WY will not have enough fighters agst ET>> they definitely will need some form of other help as earlier suggested "biological warfare" kinda of stuff.
We've seen earlier the eunuch using poison blow darts to kill enemies, even SN rubbing snake venom on the knife..
The last ep16 when Peaha was crying for his Papa.. really showed us how lonely and alone he is as an Emperor. SN is as alone in life as Peaha is. 

I can't wait to see how Plague Boy will die. As much as he keep chasing the high position, he just keep getting lower. i bet when he was still with commander Ki, his position is soo much better than what he is now... smh greedy man and that's what will/going kill you

@kenneth123 - 
I have to agree, if you're skipping the parts between WY/SN - you might be missing some very important things! Even though I'm not on any ship (YET) I'll admit I totally squealed out loud when SN was putting that creme on WY's shoulder. *hehehehe*

Guest kenneth123

@anjshin @tessieroo i skip it only with raws but of course i need to watch it with subs.. to understand the flow of the story.. I have no choice but to continue watching it hahahha :P obviously .,.. I understand that each of us has our own opinion hahaha just stating mine hahahah :P peace too hahahha... I know she ends up with WY at some point .. .i'm just bitter and can't accept it.. :).. i hope the writers hear my feelings hahhaa :D

tessieroo said: @kenneth123 - 
I have to agree, if you're skipping the parts between WY/SN - you might be missing some very important things! Even though I'm not on any ship (YET) I'll admit I totally squealed out loud when SN was putting that creme on WY's shoulder. *hehehehe*

Guest roshan90

My Comments on the last scene:
I watched the last scene like too many times now. I have mixed reaction everytime I watch it.
But let me get this straight
In the puppet show when the two hand like birds touch each other I can get that Tahwan would have also wanted to hold SN's hand. SN was shocked maybe a little more shocked when she realized WY was also there and pulled back her hand. WY noticed what was going on. Then TN again holded SN's hand but I think this time TN himself pulled back his hand. But Now a stronger reaction from WY he grabbed SN's hand.
But what happened next was the most puzzling part for me. They began fighting like children over a playstation. My question is..

Is WY grabbing SN's hand out of jealousy or is it just because Tahwan is holding one hand so I should hold the other thing??
(Because like many followers said it before me it was so unexpected of WY's character)

Why everyone want to ship someone? Make love not wars guys :D :D. I want just to ship anyone who SN truly loves, here at E17 we all know that SN loves WY, so I ship them, but we all know that she'll marry TH later so... all can change, we don't know. There are 50 episodes, ;)

I am a bit sadistic but I love this story of forbidden love, it makes the romance even stronger (a kiss maybe hahaha). For me, now, It's better that she stays with TH to make more and more WY jealous. Finally, he takes action, he definitely saw that now he doesn't have the cards in his hands, when he saw, TH grabbing SN's hands, he didn't know what to do, he impulsively decided to grabbing it too, I think he didn't realise yet considering his facials expressions.

But the face that TH made when WY was grabbing SN's hands was priceless, i saw him in Five Fingers but here he's killing it as TH.

And our wish were granted hahahaah Half naked JJM + HJW touching his chest (Best combination ever) hahahaha :D

I want to say that I love all the instrumentals in this Drama they're simply beautiful (like Bridal Mask and Princess' Man (yeah their instrumentals were epic)) hahah

Guest anjshin

@anjshin @tessieroo i skip it only with raws but of course i need to watch it with subs.. to understand the flow of the story.. I have no choice but to continue watching it hahahha

:P

obviously .,.. I understand that each of us has our own opinion hahaha just stating mine hahahah

:P

peace too hahahha... I know she ends up with WY at some point .. .i'm just bitter and can't accept it..

:)

.. i hope the writers hear my feelings hahhaa

:D

@kenneth123 : :) we are indeed entitled of our own opinion, and that's gives sense to this thread, different ideas, different opinions but as one, supporters of team empress ki. .D

@larabn - 
*high five* Yay for not choosing sides (yet) and being patient. I also squealed when TH put his hands over her ears. I love the squabbling, bickering relationship between TH/SN, she seems able to take care of herself and gives it back to him.  giggle.gif

@kenneth123 - Oh, I see - I thought you were completely skipping ALL the WY/SN parts! =)) Sorry!  ^:)^
@roshan90 - 
Great point, it does seem totally out of character for WY! But then again, we haven't seen him being jealous so maybe this is how he behaves when he's jealous? :-/
@Miky88 - DarkSmurfs subs are excellent but you have to wait until they're 100% translated and EDITED before watching. 

I thought the use of the shadow puppets was a BRILLIANT stroke of screenplay!  The writer-nims are ever-so-slightly introducing actual historical side stories to the plot with these little vignettes of what was daily life in the Royal Palaces during these eras. 

So what we saw in Episode 17 was a paper shadow show (纸影戏 / zhĭ yĭng xì), which was very common in the times since the Song Dynasty (960-1279).  I vaguely remember there was a documentary on our local KTSF station about the puppet masters and their art, which is sadly dying a slow death while disappearing from today's Asian culture.  I found it even more hilarious that the show was a bastardized version of Ta Hwan's escape from Daechangdo Island and his 'triumphant' return to Yuan.  The geese coupling made it all the more obvious that the puppet master is a SN-TH shipper too!  :))

Fascinating.  I'm going back and watch that again!!!

EDIT:  Found it.  Here's a good Wikipedia entry that explains things better than I ever could.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_shadow_theatre

as usual I can't comment much on the ep without the subs
it's weird that with subs I even pay more attention to their facial expressions :))
but when I don't understand what they're saying I just watch the action :))