[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

I watched a clip of ta hwan and nyang in bed talking about riding horses or something like that on YouTube without subs, Yeah I cried.....for a whole hour, after I cry what did I do? I cried some more, I literally poured all my tears out last night, it's such a heartbroken moment.

• Like 1

Guest geilbladder

Its sadder to think that TH used to be a happy go lucky man. Then all those smiles ang laughter faded away and the circumstances made him a lonely man. :(

@critics:

When have men ever understood how women feel (men are from Mars, women are from Venus)?  Dr. Phil probably doesn't understand Robyn (his wife) either. 

I know you have good intentions, so it would be interesting to get a male perspective from all you guys in the forum who were with us for the 51 episodes.  Women are expressive and I believe that any guy who lived through EK with us gals, is in touch with his "kdrama feminine side".  Your opinions are very valued, even now after the fact.  Kamsahamnida!

@pegster - Actually, I had very selective reading when I read that article.  :P  I only read the things I liked (I went back and highlighted) *hee* I'm very, very happy netizens seemed as enamored with JCW's acting as I was during this whole drama. 
@node - thanks for the adorable BTS video of JiJi. :D  I'm happy they had so much fun filming. 
@CherKell - You knew Puppy was going to die? I didn't! I was so shocked, I seriously believed Dok Man could somehow save him. smiley-sad025.gif
@pegster - Another reason I had problems putting on the "historical" cap was the romcom nature of TH/SN's relationship at the beginning and up until their first night. I hate it when TV shows have the male's personality change after...well, you know. MEH! 
Congrats to @nanstarrr for winning the ratings guess! \:D/

Guest Nayuki Tran

@EstelleH me too. I didnt even watch that clip, I dont have the courage to. Only reading recaps of their conversation and looking at stills tear me up. I hate the dead bed scene. Wae???? I prefer them riding on the horses and he dieds under a tree holding Sn. I feel like Th didnt get to do his last wish. Why didnt he have his last breath in that stuffing palace. He didnt have a single day hapy there. They should ve been outside, in the nature. Wth?????Th doesnt live enough, absolutely not. They should ve had another baby before he dies. How come? He looks lonely with only Sn next to his dead b. HATE IT HATE IT GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Empress Ki Final Episode hints Intense Heavy Drama class="post-title"Empress Ki Final Episode hints Intense Heavy Drama

1388498937-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=28&random= Jamie 2 comments 411 views Apr 30, 2014share2 share1 share0

On the 28th broadcast of the top ranking MBC historical drama starring Ha Ji Won and Ji Chang Wook, the 50th episode revealed so many twists and drama and Lady Ki Seungnyang (played by Ha Ji Won) was finally coronated as the nation’s Empress. The preview for the 51th Final episode now clues in a heavier side of the drama.

On Episode 51, Golta (played by Jo Jae Yoon) still continues with his dark plans to oust Empress Ki for the Eagle House to still take over. He then plots another evil plan by slowly poisoning Emperor Tahwan (played by Ji Chang Wook) and making him suffer more from his heart illness.

Golta aggravates Emperor Tahwan’s disease to get a hold of his plans, but Emperor Tahwan hears all of Golta’s plans and found out that he has betrayed him. His pain just worsen knowing that he had trusted Golta all his life and thought that he was one of those he can lean on.

Empress Ki aired for a total of 6 months, being October its first broadcast and now that everything has come to an end, anticipations have totally satisfied a lot of viewers.

Credit: Koreandrama.com

Guest bashful

@EstelleH me too. I didnt even watch that clip, I dont have the courage to. Only reading recaps of their conversation and looking at stills tear me up. I hate the dead bed scene. Wae???? I prefer them riding on the horses and he dieds under a tree holding Sn. I feel like Th didnt get to do his last wish. Why didnt he have his last breath in that stuffing palace. He didnt have a single day hapy there. They should ve been outside, in the nature. Wth?????

Th doesnt live enough, absolutely not. They should ve had another baby before he dies. How come? He looks lonely with only Sn next to his dead b. HATE IT HATE IT GRRRRRRRRRRRR

TH got to spend his last moment with the woman he love. SN was who TH was living for, this is the person whom he fought to protect until they very end. I think he could finally rest in peace after hearing SN confessing her feelings to him. To him SN was his everything. He died next to the one thing that kept him going so im sure he left with no regret (he knows SN will care for Ayu). Of course a family moment would have been nice but I coud understand why they didn't bring Ayu into the scene because it will traumaize the kid at such a young age. TH will feel very sad about leaving his only son behind. Having SN next to him during his last breath was what he wanted and it made him the most happiest to died beside the woman he loves. I don't think he could have ask for more.

As when WY died he called out for SN. I'm sure he would have wanted her to be next to him during his last moment.

But of course the PD could have gave viewers some more moments of TH and SN. All those time skips got on my nerves.

@nayuki‌ Tran Yeah I feels empty as if someone took my heart and ripped it apart. One small clip already make me feel this sad, imagine watching a whole ep I think I'd end up killing myself -.- I hate it. I really hate the ending, everyone die within 2 eps, no that's a horrible concept . My coworker was like wah why is your eyes so red and puffy? lol

thanks everybody.. it was a great pleasure to meet you all here.. just watched last episode and I actually can accept this end since that's how it is...

I wish to meet you all again somewhere in other drama thread..

Regards from windy Amsterdam.. xoxo onnie >:D<

• Like 1

ReyamA said: waaaaw the last scene in episode 51 when SN was between the king and the emperor was amazing !!! at that time she choose to ride with the emperor but now she hesitating cuz it was her wrong choose .. the writers wanted confirm the fact if she had the choice to choose between Wang Yoo and Tae Hwan who would she have choosen this time, she is now hesitating, she is not choosen Tae Hwan anymore... The writer wants us to know that she made a mistake when she choose the emperor .. I Love The king and SN .. waaaw their love in episode 50 was so touching .. i cried all day long

Ha Ji Won Takes Her Final Photo as “Empress Ki”

kimpossible April 30, 2014 0 Comments Ha Ji Won Takes Her Final Photo as “Empress Ki”

Actress Ha Ji Won took her final photo as Empress Ki, as the MBC drama going by the same name prepared to air its final episode. 

On April 29, Ha Ji Won’s agency released the photo with the caption, “This is Ha Ji Won on the day of the filming for the final episode of ‘Empress Ki.’” 

In the photo, Ha Ji Won is seen dressed in her ornate costume and makeup as Empress Ki. She holds up the “Empress Ki” drama script while looking at the camera. Her expression can be seen as a mixture of happiness, contentment, and sadness that the drama series has already come to an end. 

In related news, “Empress Ki” aired its final episode on April 29. 

Netizen who saw the photo commented, “Ha Ji Won, good work!” and “Ha Ji Won, congratulations on finishing up your drama!” 

hajiwon 

Credit: Soompi

Miky88 said:

pegster

said: @Milky88 where/when was it explained that Golta gave TH the different drugs/poisons?  I didn't see that explained in any of the subs that I watched, it only said that the poison he gave him would eventually cause him to have all those symptoms.  Lose energy, headaches, memory lost, and coughing blood.

As with the tonic ET took to immune himself from poison, was that explained?  In my subs, DM only said there was something, but didn't explain what it was.

soBRAVO!!!
Empress Ki !those who made Empress Ki, drama team and thread members :

GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!!

=D>   =D>   =D>  =D>   =D>   =D>  =D>   =D>   =D>  =D>   =D>   =D>  =D>   =D>   =D>  =D>   =D>   =D>
=D>   =D>   =D>  =D>   =D>   =D>  =D>   =D>   =D>  =D>   =D>   =D>  =D>   =D>   =D>  =D>   =D>   =D>

^:)^

Guest Sol-Power

I'm going to miss this drama and the characters, for so many reasons. It sent me through an emotional roller-coaster. I laughed, screamed, got angry, and so much more. I know a lot of people are disappointed with the ending and I understand why. But I think that the ending was very fitting. All of these characters have gone through hell. Even the privileged ones. Wang Yu and Ta Wan were royalty but they never lived an easy life. At least in the sense that they always had to watch their backs because someone was trying to nab power from them. The last 7-9 episodes made me want to choke the writers but overall, I liked this drama a lot. I don't regret watching it at all. This was my first historical drama and it will definitely go down as one of my favorite kdramas. It introducted me to Ji Chang Wook and Jin Yi Han (TAAAALLL TTTAAAALLLL!!). 
Comparing Nyang's reaction to Wang Yu's and Ta Hwan's deaths is so pointless. She loved both men for different reasons. Their death were also under totally different circumstances. Wang Yu's death was a total surprise. Ta Hwan's death was gradual and expected. 

The
Miky88 said: For those who still don't know Golta gave Th two types of drugs/poision in the last episodes...till now he gave TH the drug,the one who made him hallucinate and go all crazy all this years,in the final episodes he started with the poision that was powerful and with all the cups he gave him it advanced and killed him,the only thing that made TH last long was the broth that ET also took his whole life against poision,he was already too late to be saved because the poision already killed his insides,the broth only prolonged his life spam even if he was in pain and all,it made the poison move slower but nothing more,and the 3ed drug ussed was that of making him sleep and forget things....TH was healty exept for his heart problems that were shown from the very beggining in hints...i think TH actually lived much more than they expected beased on his condition...he lived because of the broth and mere will from his part,to stay longer by SN side 

Going thru wiki history SN became primary Empress in 1340 and TH died in 1370 (50yrs old). At least together for 30 yrs... Okay I am pacified now with the drama's ending (TH died) but probably they should at least have SN/TH looking a bit more older when he died in SN's lap.
And TT as per wiki history achievements were outstanding. The drama should not have just mentioned his death in passing... should left us some impact by showing us how he finally died. (All other main casts we were shown how they died!).

Just curious.. she went missing after 1370.. being quite a famous figure in Yuan history, how come no one (or historians) make an effort to trace and find out what actually happened to her?