[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

tieuyeunu said: I believe everyone assumed she was the niece because Bayan was talking about his Niece from ep 6. She was mentioned a couple of times so it's more likely his Niece then a random character that has not been mentioned. It also puts Bayan in the same position as ET to allow for greater conflict.

Bayan may not be power hungry right now but once he see's how negelected his niece is when TH spends all his time with SN, he will likely make a move and request TH to spend the night with his niece. Which is pretty much what ET did. Bayan had refused twice to allow his niece into the palace fearing for her safety, so he does care for her enough to be angry in her place.

This will obviously not go down well for both TH or SN. They just defeated on ET and now another one is taking his place.

tieuyeunu said: I believe everyone assumed she was the niece because Bayan was talking about his Niece from ep 6. She was mentioned a couple of times so it's more likely his Niece then a random character that has not been mentioned. It also puts Bayan in the same position as ET to allow for greater conflict.

Bayan may not be power hungry right now but once he see's how neglected his niece is when TH spends all his time with SN, he will likely make a move and request TH to spend the night with his niece. Which is pretty much what ET did. Bayan had refused twice to allow his niece into the palace fearing for her safety, so he does care for her enough to be angry in her place.

This will obviously not go down well for both TH or SN. They just defeated on ET and now another one is taking his place.

Edit: According to this site, she's Bayan's niece.
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/16946/20140306/lim-joo-eun-goes-from-the-heirs-to-empress-ki.htm

You learn something new everyday...
sarah.lina said: The two writers (Jang Young Cheol & Jung Kyung Soon) have treated all the actors and staff (200 in total) a large dinner in Paju

Source

Ha Ji Won is in the trend on Naver, thanks to her professional acting in Empress Ki (+165) 6th Overall  --> here

Guest bellenelle

I was thinking about it, and the only thing that would make a second rival Empress a good addition to the drama, is if she serves to reflect how much TH changed. If he can deal with the mean Empress and her uncle better than how he dealt with TN and ET (well, he didn't really deal with them at all, until SN came in), then we'll really get to see how the charater evolved into a great Emperor.

If everything goes back to square one (ie. TH just bearing with it and SN doing it all), not only will it be repetitive and disappointing, but it will somehow be going against TH's growth, because he's not the "child" that he was in the early episodes, and he should take a more active part in the fight against the new enemies.

That being said, I still hope the second Empress won't be a meanie. Let her be just someone who becomes, against her will, a tool for her uncle to seek more power and fall into evil, but don't let her be Tanasili 2nd.  

And my question is, with this new Empress coming along and more drama in the Yuan palace, where will WY fit in?

@adjani - Ya know, TN is the only person I want to find out who Maha's real parents are and I'd love for SN to whisper it to her right before they chop off her head. Just cuz I'm mean like that.  [-(
@pegster - Thanks for the spoiler! So this new character will be Tana-with-brains-and-fakey-sweet?  :-w  Great, just great. SN is about to learn yet another hard lesson about "mean girls". *sigh* I might need to be completely drunk to watch the rest of this drama since I know my frustration levels are going to be through the roof.  8-}
@Auntie Mame - That's what I'm sayin'! How dare they give ET dementia or Alzheimer's and just let him drift off into crazyville! I want justice! (preferrably with a lot of blood shed) :-L
I want Maha away from Tana and the Temur clan so he doesn't grow up full of hatred and anger!  [-O<
@PeggyM - I can't see BA threatening to kill TH if he doesn't sleep with his niece, the way ET did. (but I could be wrong and BA will totally go evil sparta) 
@ohoheli - Hey! Good to see you here, good luck with everything!  >:D<

raine_evenstar said: Just curious, it seems like everyone's talking about the new character/empress being Bayan's niece.  Is this from some news? Because reading over some of the threads in the EK chinese baidu forums, the impression I get is that she's the niece of the Dowager Queen.  Even though her name has Bayan in it, she has nothing to do with General Bayan. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't really follow the news that closely.  So it's probably a war between Lady Ki and the Dowager+new empress for the upcoming episodes? Though I can see General Bayan siding with the Dowager since he will probably be against a Goguryeo empress.

jeenee said: IN history and, if i am correct, in the novel she is the niece of BA, plus her character was somewhat introduce during the first few episodes even before Tana's appearance, BA intends to intruduce her to TH and make her empress but BA was powerless back then and TH has already promised ET that he'll have Tana as an empress, during that time also, TH told BA that she'll make her a concubine instead but BA refused because he heard about Tana's viciousness. 
EK fans are actually expecting her to come, but she came so late because Tana's character has not yet died.and fans wondered if she is ever gonna come, i even thought they'll skip her plot but well they're back on track again.  

Well, this is why you're called @pegster the great: because you're able to remember what you said a few hundred pages back whilst I don't remember what I said yesterday.   laugh3.gif
@yoomi66 - Thanks for the text preview! 
Who wants to place bets that Tana will manage to kill the monk? 

Guest leticiabarcellos

If I wish that SN go jealous with this new empress it's to much? justa a little bit kkkkkkI understand that she loves the king but she loves TH too. So just a little demonstration of affection would not kill her kkkkkI'm just curious to know what this new empress will do because TN was a stumbling block for everybody and if she will be the same I think I finally go crazy >.<

raine_evenstar said: rofl ok now I don't know which to believe. Of all the things I'm reading on the chinese baidu forums, the fans over there say that 2nd empress is Dowager's niece according to history. But then here I get the total opposite and that she's Bayan's niece in history.  Two different versions of history or...? I dunno lol I'm confused But anyway I guess I'll just leave it... Either way, it's still trouble for Lady Ki no matter who's niece it is.

Guest larabn

So in next ep SN will ask ED for her help and maybe tell her about TN killing the nuns which ED will finally have her investigation go further to find a proof that TN is the one who really burned down their temple .... The birth mark could prove TN has the child the nun found but what would prove that TN killed those nuns and burned down the temple? TN could say that the nun agreed to give her the child, or will they believe the nun cuz TN has already lied about Maha being her son. Maybe with ED's investigation, something will come up that will be the prove of TN's crime... maybe an evidence or a witness who saw TN visiting the temple that day and El maid burning it after TN left.
TN is an empress so it won't be easy to blame her for murder. I mean for murder there has to be a strong evidence
What if SN and ED set a trap for TN in which she tries to kill the nun again therefore, proving that she tried to kill the nun before
or another trap that would somehow prove the nun's words.
I don't how they could prove it or have I forgotten a detail that was provided in the eps.
Just a thought that came to my mind ... It may sound crazy :P 
I don't know how this works in case of an empress in sageuk since EK is my first, will her lying about Maha be enough crime to make them believe and frame her for everything else?