[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest critics

THE ENTRANCE OF 2ND EMPRESS TO YUAN DYNASTYHere we go:

If Taltal is Bayan's nephew and the second empress is his niece, guys, you sure they are not siblings (Taltal & the 2nd empress)?  Well, it might turn out that she will be the long, lost sister of Taltal.  If this is the case, what will happen to our beloved LK?  Choosing between the two, surely Taltal will give his 100% support for this 2nd empress.  Then what if TH develops attraction to her and along the way LK loses TH's favor (like JOJ defeated by Dong Yi).  Hope we will not witness LK being left alone with no one else to side her or back her up (well, of course, WY will not let her be).  Just my morbid imagination.

Guest ravendark

Ep 35
TalTal figuring out all :D delighted I should say. TN outed herself when she called SN already :D Stupid girl:) TTs outfit while they re searchin fo Shaman :D suits him well:D SN recognise the actual shaman right away , how she was sure no idea... Maybe shaman look evil?Burning the shamans house was pricelesss :D go my girl:) 
Oh I so delighted to see TN got caught red handed :D lol praying for Maha, what a weak excuse:P Palace already have an altar for praying why set another one? Torture scene was another delight, wish it last long. (I am turning to evil or what?)
Maha's sickness wasnt curse ofcourse :D still cannot tell if I didint daubt for a sec. TH not caring for Maha is not from his immatureness but I agree with who says hes a rape wictim and he sees that child as a proof of the torture, reminds him what he had to do it with disgust. Even the child is a innocent soul, Maha reminds him the violance he experienced every time he sees him. Traumatic memory can cause a misdirected hatered. No matter how they force him he will never se him as his child. Thats my opinion.
SN reminding TN that it can be the curse what caused Maha's sickness was to scare her as well as lil punishment also force her to break the curse. As we see TN is delusional and really started to think Maha is hers. It worked well. Still it didint fit with SN's kind character in my eyes. But I gess she is a cat fighting for her child now. So anything can be expected. 
ET goes Crackjob , oh I so enjoyed muhuhuhu. Watched few times to savor it. Felt a bit sorry for DK :( poor thing his love for his father only humane thing he has. WY new army awsome:D thus training etc scene still bores me a bit. 

Birth of Ayu and we see TN didint get her lesson still prayin for evil. Well she got what she deserwed with the good news of Ayu's birth. (Beyoootch slap 2) 
Lovely to see TH,SN and ED all delighted with the baby. And he is such a cutey:D button nose :D Long lashes awww lovely:D Th couldnt stop playing with him:) making funny noises and cute faces for him :D adorable. 
WY sees Maha and says handsome :D lol he took after his father I guess. 
Well done TH saying he will appoint the Crown prince later. And his answer to evil bros was awsome. 
Arrival of the survived nun was unexpected to me. They were already suspecting the fire was their doing but fake son, they had no idea. How nun survived the poison in unknown or I missed? Maybe she tasted and keep it in her mouth. Nevertheless she will tell Sn that Maha is her son by saying his birthmark. Cliffhanger end again. No preview was dissapointed , guess its a trick to keep audiance at needlepoint. 
What I think is to prove Maha is fake they need to keep nun safe. That will be a challange for sure. Proving it also a bit difficult even with a birthmark still enough for the suspicion. 
What happens after proving. For one thing SN will want to keep him safe. Only way for it, as THs hatred will go away towards Maha after learning hes a innocent sombody elses lost child, SN will tell him to keep him as adopted child,since child with no parrents. not as a prince anymore but subjet to Ki? Thats one possibilty. Or Ki can tell the truth about Maha to Wy only and he can addopt him by saying the child is without family now and he would like to adopt him and show it as goodwill (so he can take him back to his home). thats the second option which both dont think anyone may say no. 
guess we will see :) 

critics said: THE ENTRANCE OF 2ND EMPRESS TO YUAN DYNASTYHere we go:

If Taltal is Bayan's nephew and the second empress is his niece, guys, you sure they are not siblings (Taltal & the 2nd empress)?  Well, it might turn out that she will be the long, lost sister of Taltal.  If this is the case, what will happen to our beloved LK?  Choosing between the two, surely Taltal will give his 100% support for this 2nd empress.  Then what if TH develops attraction to her and along the way LK loses TH's favor.  Hope we will not witness LK being left alone with no one to side her or back her up (well, of course, WY will not let her be).  Just my morbid imagination.

Guest ravendark

Lastly :) if second empress of Bayan's niece enters to the picture I ll shout out laud. Enough with spoil brat empresses. Noone can beat TN as a evil empress :D dont waste our time please writers:D 
one in the morning off to bed now :) hopefully cya tmorrow to continue brainstorm:) 

I wonder.. will there be a chance for us to witness ST&TH's family happiness, WY's letting go in peace and be a good Goryeo King, Tal Tal's blossomming romance? or maybe it's die hard 'till the last drop of blood kind of? the kind that will only give us 15 minutes of meaningful ending?

EK drama is about to go full throttle on 5th gear already I hope we're all manage to catch up every details in it because that's what make us all become addict/junkie to this drama. Proof? I spend more time with you all than to my husband...

:|

(i will put it exceptionally because there is a first :D) TOP 30 Most Searched Characters in Drama based on Naver 14.03.07 :

1st : Bayan Khutugh (new)
3rd : Tanasili (-1)
8th : BaGan (+26)

11th : Tal Tal (-1)
12th : Wang Yoo (-5)
15th : El Temur (-10)
17th : Seung Nyang (-2)
19th : Tae Hwan (-10)

nb : for many of those who aren't really familiar with Naver, you can get a glimpse of the scale of it here

i super miss this thread and posting screencaps!!! been very busy with school paperworks and defense stuff these entire two weeks!!! sorry for not being visible this entire time. :)
i'll be back next week!!! i'll have our last defense tomorrow. wish me the best!!! can't wait to watch all the dramas that i've missed. :))
see you all!!

ohoheli said: i super miss this thread and posting screencaps!!! been very busy with school paperworks and defense stuff these entire two weeks!!! sorry for not being visible this entire time. :)
i'll be back next week!!! i'll have our last defense tomorrow. wish me the best!!! can't wait to watch all the dramas that i've missed. :))
see you all!!

Guest adjani1430293095

Hmm.. I am glad that the drama is bringing out discussions .. sorry to say but TH is an emperor.. a boy child, his fatherly qualities are well.. new to him. Further, nevermind him per se, but most emperors make terrible fathers. I mean considering their treatment of many concubines. consorts etc.. and some have what.. 17 kids? :P How can one possibly not be biased or be there for all of them.
And I think for reasons I did mention and some others as well, TH does seem to have his reasons for behaving that way towards Maha, now is he bad? Not really per se, do remember if emperors did not like their kids, they can send them away, make them someone else's kid (i.e force another to adopt them) and even kill them. TH has done nothing, of course he has no power per se but even if he did, he is not the sort to kill a child. 
Some of us seem to be critical of TH's treatment of Maha but well isn't WY also "mean" to his wife? He married her as a political marriage and then left her aside completely neglecting her. Well yes, she is not a baby but the reasons he does so, is similar, there is no affection there, its a political thing. 
I think some of our "conflicts" are really about our expression of our views, some of it stronger than others. Its easy when the one character is public enemy no. 1 and all are united in her downfall, so all discussions however "vile" or mean seems to be ok. Some of us also deliver our opinions with a bit more wit or tact and so its also a bit more palatable. But well... not all of us have flair with words and many of us have straight forward expressions. 
Once we have those, some interpret it negatively and some don't because of inherent support for a character or an individual or a view point. I think the discussions about WY and TH have been brought forth many times, can we see pass the differences and see the fact that the actors themselves are doing a brilliant job with the script and that the writers are the ones that write WHATEVER they deem will cause angst or ratings rises or excitement (also = angst) for an PREDOMINANT KOREAN audience to enjoy the drama.
Its a known fact that what KOREAN audiences want may be vastly different from international audiences.. and I am one that suspects that whatever extensions, it will merely build to that ending (i.e. 1st episode) And if the leads cannot make the time, then they will just squeeze storylines on the other persons, like the new Empress etc.. and all. 
Lets focus on the drama and agree to disagree with some of the views ok :) 

I'm a bit confused as to why people think SN is kind? I never found her kind to start with so her actions had always been in character for me.

From the start, she was named a local hoodlum, her crew was raised by her to move salt and save sold women, but this is more likely to do with her own experiences and hatred for unfairness then kindness.

Her treatment of the maids stemmed from their caring for her in her pregnancy and helping Lady Park was because she helped her.

From my memory, SN has never done any thing out of pure kindness. Someone care to remind me?

Guest kmelendez12

Hi new here :)
I was reading a little bit of history, because I am concern with the entrance of a "new empress"I found that ayushiridara has a younger brother. I want to know more about that
I am so worry about Maha because I read  : "Toghun Temür's principal empress, Danashri, bore only one son who died in infancy."
This drama is killing me....

tieuyeunu said:

I'm a bit confused as to why people think SN is kind? I never found her kind to start with so her actions had always been in character for me.

From the start, she was named a local hoodlum, her crew was raised by her to move salt and save sold women, but this is more likely to do with her own experiences and hatred for unfairness then kindness.

Her treatment of the maids stemmed from their caring for her in her pregnancy and helping Lady Park was because she helped her.

From my memory, SN has never done any thing out of pure kindness. Someone care to remind me?

kmelendez12 said: Hi new here :)
I was reading a little bit of history, because I am concern with the entrance of a "new empress"I found that ayushiridara has a younger brother. I want to know more about that
I am so worry about Maha because I read  : "Toghun Temür's principal empress, Danashri, bore only one son who died in infancy."
This drama is killing me....

I am so confused. I just read on Soompi that they are introducing a new empress. I thought TH is totally in love with SN and he has all those concubines already, why are they introducing another empress, they are running out of ideas and keep extending the same drama over and over? They have SN and Th have their first night and she becomes pregnant in the same episode and has the baby in the next. It really looks like they are going in circles with the plots.TN kills all those people and nothing ever happens to her, like she is indestructible and she never gets punished for very long. Can someone, please, explain to me why and how are they introducing this new empress to fight with SN? Thank you!

I'm excited on what this new Empress would bring, I've wanted to see her since BA told TH that she'll introduce him to his niece, but due to the flow of the story i somewhat forget how i wanted to see her but now i'm excited!

hell59 said: I am so confused. I just read on Soompi that they are introducing a new empress. I thought TH is totally in love with SN and he has all those concubines already, why are they introducing another empress, they are running out of ideas and keep extending the same drama over and over? They have SN and Th have their first night and she becomes pregnant in the same episode and has the baby in the next. It really looks like they are going in circles with the plots.TN kills all those people and nothing ever happens to her, like she is indestructible and she never gets punished for very long. Can someone, please, explain to me why and how are they introducing this new empress to fight with SN? Thank you!

Just like BJH’s no reciprocating kiss clause, Ha Ji Won must have a no long gestation on camera clause (just joking, maybe?)

Seriously, what’s up with the super speed pregnancies, couldn’t we have seen some cute scenes of the couple handling the pregnancy (yes this is coming from me, a non-shipper). First, they didn’t show a bed scene or even the morning after, and *BOOM* she’s pregnant and then *BOOM* she’s giving birth. They say some men have strong swimmers, but everyone hide your se*m*n, cause SN’s got some kick a** ovaries.

This drama has been somewhat grounded in reality (you know, no flying martial arts) and suddenly this week the writers must have thought to themselves, WTH, we have too much reality.

I have an issue with TH’s treatment of Maha; at this point he still thinks Maha is his son. Yet, he won’t see him when he might have a life-threatening illness, doesn’t hold him or look him in the eye, or even try to get close to his son. He wouldn’t even say a word of blessing at the kid’s birthday. Just because he hates the child’s mother, doesn’t justify mistreating the child.

Glad they are finally moving towards the final battle with El Temur.