[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

I'm sure all are happy they finished this long project yet imagine how hard for them to bid goodbye's ...they lived 6 months working together,i'm sure they connected as a family,friends...it must be hard to not see them again each day the next weeksnow HJW and JCW will prepare for their upcoming historical movies and after i think HJW will leave to USA because she signed with an agency there

I haven't watched the last ep yet,but still from YT vidoes,I am so sorry for SN,without TH,without the man she loves,she lost again:(There is so much to say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but just let's applaud actors for hard work they have been doing during this time,and for the great drama we saw!Everybody lost their dear people-doc183220009_293697104?hash=bcb2e92e19a0
doc183220009_293702338?hash=796cd5ddc8f3
doc183220009_293705228?hash=39d2f178bec6
CaZjkl.gif.

@tieuyeunu

" 5. The beach scene. I read this as a representation of Yuan and Korea. Ki will always be caught in the middle, daughter of Korea by birth but daughter of Yuan by marriage, for Ki, there is no answer. She will never be in the right, anything she does will be deemed as wrong by one or the other.

Was this a satisfying ending? Yes. In a way, I was expecting this, but I wanted to see Ki walking away from the palace as the last image instead."

This conclusion is awesome. I too would like Ki walking alone, as she is the only one standing. This story is about her anyway.

However, while I do feel the her love for TH at the end, I still believe she feels more for WY. Her scene with the dead WY was more heartwrenching then her love confession scene with TH. She had loved 2 men in her life. Both had loved  her dearly as well. One has done more for her, and even had his life taken on her account. And the other one finally protected her in his last stretch of life. And both have left her. So her walking alone would be the perfect ending, no Goryeo, no Yuan, no WY and no TH. Bye, bye TalTal you're awesome and where the hell is Ayu.

In the last episodes SN cried for WY and Th but for different motives:WIth WY she cried for her King,because she still viewed him as her king and she as Goryo(she called him all that time Chona),guilty for her part in his death(she kept telling him she is sorry and not to remember her in his next life) and what WY meant to her while for TH he cried for loosing the man she loved,even after he died she still continued crying and wispering that he loves himboth were important and part of her life:WY her first love and King because she didn't renegade her Goryo blood and TH her last love

• Like 1

leticiabarcellos said: Seriously I question myself why I still watching dramas yet...They kill everybody and left her alone for the rest of her life. I hate thisssssssAnd why kill TH??? WY already dead H and SN could be together and happy!!!!!!I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I think my only consolation right now is that SN and TT stayed loyal to each other until the end. They're the only two who FULLY trusted each other these last few episodes. A lot of their success against their enemies wouldn't have happened if they didn't. 
I guess I should be thankful they didn't follow history where Empress Ki accused Taltal of corruption and had him exiled (if I remember correctly?). So there's that.

Guest larabn

After much thinking, I feel sad for SN the most
she is the one that will mourn their death
but the hope in there was Ayu staying with her , where she can raise him like she wants to be brave and powerful
so, as much as I'm sad for SN, It would have been even more horrible if she died and left Ayu or if Ayu died and she lost him...
Ayu is the hope I have in the ending now.
As for TH dying, I think they had to go that road ever since WY died by him last ep
They did TH justice by making him die after protecting SN and killing her enemies for her with a plan he made without her to ensure her and Ayu's safety . If they made him live,  it wouldn't be right since WY died by his hands and WY accepted to die to save SN
So, now they both died saving her in different ways and a memorable death , Maha is with WY and SN is with Ayu
while TH had SN in his life and SN told him she loves him.
I find the ending sad but logical too, I think that was the only way to make it fair for all of them

I guess they also wanted to show how SN started the war against Goryo...with WY on the throne it wouldn't happen...WY always was the connection between Goryo and SN because she truly respected him and believed he can change the country for the better and give his people a better life...so she always was bias ,with WY gone she was faced to take a stand seeing hos the things were going with the new King...it's wasn't going to be like before,let them alone and everyone is in peace...if she din't do something to protect her home they would do...IF WY was alive SN could have given Goryo back and WY would not ever harm Yuan but with another king it wasn't the same and she had to chooseand one of the points of this drama was to let viewers see why she did it...(they hate her for that choice)

I read from Wikipedia that in history, Empress Ki dissapeared soon after her son ascended the throne so here is my version of the ending.

After having so much self reflection with her life thinking about the Palace, both in Yuan and Goryeo, bringing so much death and pain to her love ones, she decided to move out from the life cycle in the palace and left the palace to find her new path. During her journey to find her new life, she accidentally found Taltal who is still miraculously alive from the war because he was saved from a commoner. She was so delighted to think that at least one man that she knew in her dreadful life is still alive but soon found out Taltal actually lost his memories which explains why he never return to the palace (like most dramas like to include into the plot) so she stayed with him and they slowly fell in love. After going through so much pain, with their wits and great skills in martial arts, they live happily ever after and who knows, living the life as robin hood to help the nation since helping from frontline is too difficult so going backline might not be that bad (with Ayu secretly help maybe? :P)

Or after the beach scene, actually TH didn't die, he just fell asleep and by God's Luck, there's a cure to his poison then he manage to survive till the age of 50 then by then, we can continue to the initial ending that I've mention... HAHAHA! I sounded so greedy XD

I know its a corney ending of mine but I really wished to have Seung Nyang happpy. She rarely have any happy moments in this drama TAT It is sad to be the last one standing after going through so many things together and it sucks to know that everyone dies for her. :(

I'm just allergic to drama's that have everyone die except the main character... >_>

EDIT: aside from that, I applause for the actors and actress great effort in acting and I'm very amaze with JCW's acting! everytime he cry, my heart aches and I really felt the sadness ;__; I really want to pat on his shoulders and say, don't worry, you'll get a happier role next time! Hopefully he gets more drama roles after Empress Ki and I want to see him act in a drama with a happy ending and better if its comedy too so I can see JCW being happy most of the time! :)

Guest bellenelle

To me it looks like halfway through the drama the writers decided that it wasn't dramatic enough and completely changed the course of the show, because it wasn't clearly going down the tear-gas path, this started when EK reached the post-ET phase. All the way up until around ep 38, the show was very good. Then it slightly slipped into darkness, still leaving hope for going up the hill into lighter, more pleasurable sceneces. But in the last episode, the plane crashed...hard.

A lot of unnecessary deaths, TH suddenly smarting up, TT dying at war...Perfect combo for a we-want-you-to-regret-ever-watching-this-and-die-of-frustration type of ending.

Was I the only one to think halfway through the episode if TH had to die SN and TT could somehow make up? haha I really thought for a second The two would be left standing. But I guess they couldn't even give us this, could they? *sight* Glad I'm off the rollercoster now haha God, this reminds me just why I don't go on these rides...

@Miky88 - 
I'm back-reading from yesterday (I got behind again) I understand what you're saying about who knew about Maha being Byul (not very many) but it still makes no sense to me. What is the difference between knowing who the child is and knowing SN was pregnant? Either way, it puts her in a very dangerous position! So if TH was trying to protect SN from that getting out - all those who knew she was pregnant should also die. (he has no way of knowing who might be tortured into talking and who wouldn't) Again, the writers wanted to have it both way - as in: "oh, it's a BIG deal that SN had a child with another man!" but "oh, it only matter who the child is - not that she had another child!"  /:)  So it doesn't matter that SN was pregnant - it only matters who fathered the child or who the child is?  :))
MEH - I doesn't matter but for me, it's just a HUGE hole in the story. 
@pegster - OMG, thank you! Okay, I got it that Cruella didn't know anyone else who knew about Ki having a baby. And thanks for the info about the poison Gol-ta was giving TH.  ^:)^
@pegster, @larabn, @ravendark, @CherKell, @Miky88, @tieuyeunu and anyone else who helped - thank you so much for the live recaps! @ohoheli - thanks for the screenies! 
@Miky88 - Ohhhhh, that would have been awesome! They should have TH leave behind a letter with the butterfly logo for SN. :((
I had more fun reading all the spoilers and comments than I did actually watching! You guys are awesome, I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying!   grouphugg.gif
@CherKell - If I'm heading to sunny Cal - we need a few days to sight-see and DRINK heavily before we head to Korea.  :D  I just got a vision in my head of all of us showing up at the MBC building.  =))

Miky88 said: @loli it was his choice to find out the truth and destroy them ...he knew he was going to die anyway,Don Mate told him he doesn't have much time to live....he didn't want SN to know because she would oppose but he wanted to do something for her and Ayu before he died...and fast...taking them all out in one go while he is still alive...and i think TH lived quite a lot from what it was supposed....the last part doesn't happen in days...i think he lived more months if not 1 year