[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@sally_b Lol, I was using the mobile version on my phone when I replied, so I couldn't see your avatar! XD
I actually wanted to put Golta in the list of people we know as TH's (and we can also count his personal warriors!), but somehow I think Golta is more of the kind that is loyal to the throne and not to TH personally? Maybe I'm being too much of a cynic here, although I do love Golta and could not ask for a better eunuch to serve His Royal Highness. And I completely agree that once TH shows some backbone and quick thinking of his own, he might just win his own loyal subjects. I know SN will be the key player in all this, but I am crossing my fingers that our baby emperor will prove everyone wrong and show us that underneath that scaredy-cat exterior lies a true dragon emperor waiting to breathe his first scorching fire against those who have wronged him.
Right? It's just a bloody letter, for heaven's sake--who knows if whatever does appear was truly written by the deceased emperor? I truly doubt a measly letter would make a difference at this point, but oh well. If they show it cleverly, then I will buy whatever the writer has in store for us in this arc.

@louisawatson - RE: Tal Tal I've been a fan of his since *Conspiracy in the Court* -- he's got a very distinctive face and style. 
I also have been following him on twitter since Dr. Jin (terrible show - handsome actors) 
 ((really, the show was so awful I quit after just a few episodes, but then read all of HeadsNo2's recaps at dramabeans for the pics/eye candy... and Head's hilarious commentary)) If you want more Jin Yi Han ~ watch Conspiracy, but read Dr. Jin re-caps. 
 @YiHan_Jin

lxands said:What royal power? He has none! All he's given is. Some freedom to fool around within his palace to pacify him, even that happen becos others are too busy.fending wields to bother abt him. He cant even choose whom he shud bed, what royal power are we talking.here? @cacazeel Sure he has every right to have his own happiness but at what and whose expense? If he's extremely tired trying to control or at.least.study his court perhaps its fine to find his little 'happines' by fooling around. & pestering a palace maid but that is all he does!! Forget abt protecting SN, he's jeorpadizing her life without a blink of his eye. Also look around him....is everyone happy? Does pestering SN make her happy? Did she abide him blindly becos she wants too willingly? She has no choice, puppet or not he is still the king and she's the maid, Golta make sure she's aware of that at all time. Also she needs to be alive in order to avenge her parents death, she still has to get even woth DK thus to do so its best not to be suspicious. She's being monitored by Golta all the time she's with TH. Then look at step mom the dowager, she has lost her husband, her child and to ensure the royal family.wont be swipe off completely by ET she's clinging hard by the shred at TH, trying to mold him to become a fairly acceptable king but what did he do? Dwelling in his own happiness, blinded at everyobe's pain and hardship Now then his empress whom he promise to marry for ET to spare his life. She's as annoying and pain in the a$$, just as much as TH, in fact she's the female version of TH. Only difference is she has an evil dad to back her up and powerful brothers who spoilt her rotten. However she was still a bright, spunky & cheerful girl who dream of love and beIng in love. But once entering the palace the poor girl's dream shattered to pieces with cruel realization that she is a pawn for her father to officially gain royal power and in consequence being look upon by her husband with contempt he has for her father, all channel to her. Even more cruel when he took her, he made it clear he wudnt even want to see her and that she is just a body to him. How devastated she must be. Its no wonder she's becoming evil by the day. Of cos there's LP, while he's blissfully happy in his own world, the poor girl lives in terror, scared for her life.& her baaby. Sure she got the concubine tittle but with the title she acquire even more enemy. Yes she wasnt his choice to but evwntually he took her to ensure he still has a little control over his crown So yes, in history we know SN is a shrewd woman who accelerated her status from slave.to empress by manipulating a shallow king but I hope since this drama isnsaid not to base on history but fictional instead at lwast I hope to see TH chamging to become a more responsible person even if not a fair ruler

flitflyzoom

said:

@sally_b I understand the frustration with TH not showing much productiveness inside the palace, but what everyone needs to remember is that right now TH is very much battling all this alone.

Most of the people against Yeon-chul all have hidden agendas of their own--I doubt any one person can truly be called

his

person. A game of chess cannot be won by a bare king (or, in this case, bare emperor)--he needs to have a strong field of men (and women) that can be wisely deployed in order to defeat the opponent. In TH's case he's very much the underdog--he has no people

and

no experience using his wits in order to gain the upper hand against Yeon-chul.

hmmmm the title is empress ki, she can't be an empress without an emperor. So, we can't fault the writers for being unfair. they're just making the foundation for her to be an empress :) I love this drama because the "second male lead" will end up with the female protagonist. I dunno but most of the dramas i've watchedd i always root for the second lead.That's why this drama is making me very very happy!

There's no certainty that SN will end up with the Emperor.She could be not with anyone in the end...That first 5 minutes on first episode doesn't represent the end. Not to mention i read somewhere that Empress Ki will mysteriously disappear later....

Guest niknokdagu425

i just went to korean drama.org and had searched about Kim Jung Hyun aka Dangkise and was suprised to find out that him and hajiwon unnie has the same birthdate Jun 28 and he is a 76ers.just fyi ;))

jeenee said: hmmmm the title is empress ki, she can't be an empress without an emperor. So, we can't fault the writers for being unfair. they're just making the foundation for her to be an empress :) I love this drama because the "second male lead" will end up with the female protagonist. I dunno but most of the dramas i've watchedd i always root for the second lead.That's why this drama is making me very very happy!

illay said: There's no certainty that SN will end up with the Emperor.She could be not with anyone in the end...That first 5 minutes on first episode doesn't represent the end. Not to mention i read somewhere that Empress Ki will mysteriously disappear later....

Guest Lyly1430292245

jeenee said: hmmmm the title is empress ki, she can't be an empress without an emperor. So, we can't fault the writers for being unfair. they're just making the foundation for her to be an empress :) I love this drama because the "second male lead" will end up with the female protagonist. I dunno but most of the dramas i've watchedd i always root for the second lead.That's why this drama is making me very very happy!

missred123 said: Sorry, if I am not as sympathetic towards TH's situation. However, TH has a choice! A choice to fight, or a choice to play dead and He chose the later. He chose to play dead until ET is dead, ok, then what!!! Dankisi is as ruthless as his father, what other option would TH have , but to continue to playing dead. If we can be fair we would realize that TH is a coward and a whiner, he is not yet a man. He has behavior of a spoiled 14 year old. TH need to stand up and be a MAN!! As the Emperor of a country like Yuan, he should be thinking DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR!!! It's not WY's fault TH can't read. WY, from a child saw his peoples needs and grew up with the mind set of freeing his people and country. TH can't read, but not once ask SN to teach him. He wants her to clean his ear, read him a book, serve him tea etc. has he sincerely asked SN for forgiveness and beg her to help him to free Yuan of ET. TH knows SN's ability and her wit, but he made no use of them. Except to play his childish games. Last but not least, TH had the ace of spade in his hands to get rid of ET, but he discard it not realizing that TN was his get out of ET free card. WY would have seen that TN was a valuable asset. Please, don't blame WY for been smart and resourceful. TH had a choice, to be, or not to be and he choose not to be.

so WY didn't ask SN to help him after all, it was his helper's idea (Subs make everything clear don't they :) )
lol at TH trying to say the lines in the book ....If you're not good at it man don't embarrass yourself lol
and tanashiri giving him the you're an idiot look
geez if I were dangkise and SN gave me this capitalized emphasized YOU I would find a Den to hide in ASAP =))  =)) 

UC8YkLL.png?1

and laughing at the chop chop part.....really MBC?  C'mere chop chop???
Huko85W.png?1
this is the best SN stare ever lool
we should do a post at the end of the drama comparing all of SN's stares
is there something that this girl can't do
I wanna see her do arm wrestling soon too ;))
yes She can win you in soccer too
well he wanted his helpers to try harder
so he got what he bargained for someone that doesn't have to try harder but kicks harder =))
and lool at tanashiri going to the soccer game it reminds me of the old viking match were they play
against each other and the winner gets the women's heart lool
and WY didn't show jealousy when he saw the cleaning ear scene cause I think he knows TH did it on purpose to make him jealous
but they must've been really cold HJW's ears were so red :(
the contrast between SN in TH's dream and the real SN scolding TH is hilarious lool
poor him will he witness that day were SN is all lovey dovey to him

Lyly said: jeenee said: hmmmm the title is empress ki, she can't be an empress without an emperor. So, we can't fault the writers for being unfair. they're just making the foundation for her to be an empress :) I love this drama because the "second male lead" will end up with the female protagonist. I dunno but most of the dramas i've watchedd i always root for the second lead.That's why this drama is making me very very happy!