[Drama 2013] The Queen's classroom 여왕의 교실

Guest yeohweping

Guest manquant

@badsmuler That's great news~! <:-P
They've been really close friends since Spring Days, right? And even Jo Insung's career has been handled by Go Hyunjung's agency ever since :D

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@manquant  Yup...they've been best friends since Spring Days and always support each other... Even a night before he joined military service, they drank coffee in cafe...no wonder they've once been gossipping dating back then. But it never comes true and JIS has a girlfriend now...

GHJ and JIS now in the same management company and they only 2 actors in that place. JIS once said GHJ just like a teacher for him and wise and mature woman... :-bd

[HanCinema's Drama Review] The Queen's Classroom Episode 3

photo321025.jpg

"The Queen's Classroom" will make you think. It will make you doubt. It will make you question what you believe is right and what you believe is wrong. The lines will blur between the two.

And you'll enjoy every minute of it.

A classroom shouldn't be a battle ground, but Ma Yeo-jin's classroom is. In order to survive, the children must quickly learn to cope. They come together and break apart and then form new alliances, searching for the best way to live through the school day. Ha-na, the plucky student who stands up to Ma, encourages the children to band together against Ma's tyranny. Her honest, fervent desire to be treated right and for the kids to be friends is touching to see.

photo321474.jpg

But, Ha-na is the only one who is brave enough to fight for change because Ma's method of teaching is absolutely horrifying. It cows the other children into complacency. Something in Ma's past has made her extremely cynical and it's reflected in her classroom. She believes the world to be cruel and ugly and she wants to bring that reality to her students as quickly as possible.

In order to do this, she uses the children's love, fear and respect for their parents against them. Ma quietly let's Ha-na continue to rebel against her. The students are preparing for a Spring festival and one student, Eun Bo-mi (Seo Shin-ae), lags behind. Ha-na gathers the students together to protest how Ma is isolating and picking on Bo-mi. The students agree to rebel until Ma visits the parents and has them come to watch. None of the children want to rebel in front of their parents – especially since Ma has curried their favor.

Everyone in the class but Ha-na and outcast Dong-goo decide to side with the teacher. Even Bo-mi, who Ha-na had befriended, goes with the teacher. Thus Ma has accomplished her end: anyone who defies her will be destroyed. Ha-na tried and is now socially isolated. She was a social butterfly. The kids who go with Ma can now show off to their parents; it's easier than fighting against Ma, their parents and all kinds of social pressures. Because they betrayed Ha-na, they will probably band together further to justify their actions.

It's like social warfare. No, it IS social warfare and it's all orchestrated by Ma.

photo321473.jpg

However, something is strange. Ma seems to enjoy watching the kids play. Is there an incident with a child in her past that has embittered her to elementary school children and their education? There has also been a white butterfly that has appeared twice throughout the past three episodes. Is that an image from her past? Is it symbolic of something? She doesn't seem to enjoy what she is doing. Rather, she seems to find it necessary.

This show is strangely beautiful, though. Watching the kids be kids is absolutely delightful. They are earnest in their friendships and in their fervent efforts to please and learn. The impurities in them largely come from the adults and societal pressures. It's so scary to see what expectations from a parent can do to a child. One child literally buckles under the pressure and fails at something she is normally good it. This child is indicative of what the other children are going through on different levels. Only Ha-na seems to have the inner reserve to outwardly protest, and now Ma has isolated her from her support system: her parents and her friends.

Will she be able to persevere?

Written by Raine from Raine's Dichotomy

"The Queen's Classroom" is directed by Lee Dong-yoon, written by Kim Eun-hee-II and Kim Won-seok and features Ko Hyeon-jeong, Seo Sin-ae, Kim Sae-ron, Ricky Kim, Kim Hyang-ki and Choi Yoon-yeong-I.

Credit : http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-the-queen-s-classroom-episode-3-57494.html

Guest hapha8714

why is this thread so cold as Ma Yeo Jin's character? so dormant, so inactive. lol! i expected this thread to be like JOJ or Mandate of Heaven thread that would reach like 30+ pages by now... :D

Guest NEWMARIO

class="cb b15" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 15px; border: 0px; font-size: 27px; outline: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); letter-spacing: normal; clear: both; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"The "Queen Of The Classroom" Students Get A Music Lesson

SHINee on set of "Queen of the Classroom"

If the young actors starring in "The Queen of the Classroom" were not kpop fans before they filmed the drama, they will be by the time the show's soundtrack is complete. Only a few episodes have passed and the young actors have already met some top kpop stars and even danced with them.

There are quite a few young actors in this drama as it takes place in a classroom. The story focuses on the conflicts between the tyrannical teacher, Ma Yeo Jin, played by Ko Hyun Jung, and her students, who think she is much too mean. The young actors playing the students in Miss Ma's classroom include Kim Sae Ron, Kim Hyang Gi, Cheon Bo Geun and Seo Shin Ae.

Like Us on Facebook  

Ma Yeo Jin does not think she is being mean. She is just trying to give her students a realistic idea of how difficult life can be. She wants to toughen them up. But will they soften her up?

For music lovers, a more important question may be how many great songs can we hear before either the students or the teacher change.

Girls Generation's Sunny recorded the first song the OST, "Second Drawer." The emotional ballad is the theme for the character of sixth grader Shim Ha Na, played by Kim Hyang Ki. Her ballad expresses the character's complicated feelings. 

The second song recorded for the OST resulted in the child actors getting to meet the members of the band SHINee and having the opportunity to dance with them for the music video. The band appeared on the school set and performed with the young actors to the tune of their OST song, "Green Rain." The song, which will serve as the show's ending theme, talks about how much life's hardest lessons can teach you. The lyrics explain how people grow after facing obstacles.

But the song did not inspire thoughtful reflection when it was performed on set. The band's presence made an already lively set even more energetic. The band obviously enjoyed dancing with the child actors and the actors were thrilled to be in a music video. During shooting breaks, the young actors asked to take pictures with the group members, who happily obliged.

Even the adult actors Choi Yoon Young and Ricky Kim, who play teachers, got to join in the fun of the music video. Many OST videos show scenes from the drama but this one, which featured the band and the child actors, was shown at the end of Episode 4. Who else will perform for the OST? The young actors are looking forward to finding out.

cr: kdramastars.com

Guest robs1430291557

victorb said: hapha8714 said: why is this thread so cold as Ma Yeo Jin's character? so dormant, so inactive. lol! i expected this thread to be like JOJ or Mandate of Heaven thread that would reach like 30+ pages by now... :D

Guest pelicancharm

why is this thread so cold as Ma Yeo Jin's character? so dormant' date=' so inactive. lol! i expected this thread to be like JOJ or Mandate of Heaven thread that would reach like 30+ pages by now... :D[/quote']

Ah, but we are throbbing with life after each episode, at least for me. I want to talk about teacher Ma's method so badly but I hesitate as I might spoil the secret as I ve seen the JDrama version.

The show is good, absolutely good that's for sure!

Guest ajummanim

just wondering if they are going to reveal teacher Ma's history and how and what made her to become this cold and cruel in the next episodes
any one watched the other version can answer me?

Guest yeohweping

티브이데일리 포토기사 이미지I am unable to betray my friend until she owns up herself.
기사 이미지기사 이미지
How am I to believe you if you won't say out the name of that friend?
기사 이미지기사 이미지Teacher Ma won't be hard on you if you tell her the truth.
기사 이미지
기사 이미지티브이데일리 포토You are a thief!
기사 이미지
I don't believe that Hana is the thief either but I can't help her if she won't save herself.
기사 이미지The kind hearted Nari is now feeling unwell because you beg her to take the blame for you.
기사 이미지
기사 이미지Why didn't you tell Teacher Ma the truth like we promised?
기사 이미지Do you think that they would rather believe you or me?
기사 이미지기사 이미지
Why are you crying alone since you think what you did is right?
티브이데일리 포토기사 이미지I am apologizing because I have partial responsibility although I am not the real thief. 
티브이데일리 포토I am giving you your graduation cert. since it's compulsory for finishing grade school.
기사 이미지
Since Hana said that it's one of her friends, so it won't be hard to guess the person
기사 이미지Hana is the one who is posting your pics online.
기사 이미지
Are you going to say that you are sorry again and say that it's not you?
티브이데일리 포토
기사 이미지기사 이미지
When are you going to listen to me?

Kids cast studying on set when they are not filming.
기사 이미지

Archived