[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

sia3 said: @cikamoi
Hmm thanks for the clarification. The similarities between SG and BOFs component that I didn't enjoy is the part where the parents get involed in their children's relationships. I, personally, is not fond of storyline of this sort anymore. I've seen too many versions of it, that's why I am sincerely hoping that this drama won't have this component in it. Or else, it will be BOF deja vu all over. *shaking heads*

Guest dhyla

thanks @Maja!

okay let me try, i watched Nice Guy and from the definition you guys posted, it looks like makjang to me. correct? :-B :-B

Okay, I might have to rephrase... apart from parents banning children's relationships.
Since @berliansiahaan mentioned Gossip Girl... Oh god... I hate. Absolutely no sleeping around or bitchy type of stories >"<

@Maja
Hahaha... head desk. Should we make head desking gifs soon? :))

Guest wisteria7

Hmmm,@Maja it seems like what cikamoi just explained.:) There's a lot of speculation about what his part will be like but nothing is official.I really don't intend to drive myself crazy trying to outguess what will happen.I will just have fun watching it when it plays.
Maybe the old Faith forum perverts will be back. I'm glad i was one of the originals. The double and triple meanings were fun.

sia3 said: Okay, I might have to rephrase... apart from parents banning children's relationships.
Since @berliansiahaan mentioned Gossip Girl... Oh god... I hate. Absolutely no sleeping around or bitchy type of stories >"<

@Maja

Guest dhyla

wow! thanks again @Maja! :D:D
berliansiahaan said: my friend said,she read in DC,his newest drama like a mix of BoF & Gossip Girl. Let's hope he shows his mature side & not trap in stereotype as teenage drama actor with a narrow storyline.

Guest dhyla

sia3 said: Okay, I might have to rephrase... apart from parents banning children's relationships.

@Maja

hi all..i too am a big fan of minho like u all..wow 28 pages are already covered and its been just two days that the news broke out..i am glad he chose a good drama..hope it breaks all the records of rating..
no offence but i hate to see him kissing the actresses..it kind of breaks my heart..lol..except for goo hye sun..i love minsun..
lets see who the actress is..i ofcourse want goo hye sun but be it anyone hope she can can have a great chemistry with with him onscreen..
goodluck minho.. :)  love u ..muah muah :x  :x

Guest wisteria7

@Maja

dee_dina said: hi all..i too am a big fan of minho like u all..wow 28 pages are already covered and its been just two days that the news broke out..i am glad he chose a good drama..hope it breaks all the records of rating..
no offence but i hate to see him kissing the actresses..it kind of breaks my heart..lol..except for goo hye sun..i love minsun..
lets see who the actress is..i ofcourse want goo hye sun but be it anyone hope she can can have a great chemistry with with him onscreen..

adlyn13 said:

@sia3

enlighten me on makjang since I new with kdramas getting introduced to them barely summer 2012. Not familiar with the genres much

Here is another definition of "Makjang" from Blue...

The word “makjang” as commonly used in

reference to dramas is a made-up term – a misnomer of the word

“ggeutjang” (끝장), combined with the word “majimak” (마지막). (Ggeutjang means death or the end, whereas majimak means final or last.)

Koreans frequently say the phrase “갈때까지 간다,”

and it means “seeing things to the end, whatever may come of it.” In

popular culture, the term “makjang” came to be used to represent the

idea of having reached that extreme. For instance, a thug who steals

from his mob boss, commits murder, and now on the run can be described

as leading a makjang life.

Then what makes a drama makjang? When it

comes to dramas, when plot devices involving extreme, absurd, or

outrageous instances of life (cases that make you go, hmm, what’s the

likelihood of that happening in an average person’s lifetime)

are dealt with in an illogical or twisted manner to arouse or hook the

viewers, or conveniently inserted for that exact purpose, they are

described as makjang. (Think American daytime soaps.)

Some frequently used makjang devices include

birth secrets, potential incest, adultery, revenge, terminal illnesses,

rape, murder, and suicide. But it is important to note that it is not

the mere appearance of these elements that make a makjang, but in how

they are handled and how much this deviates from what is an acceptable

behavior. For example, just because a drama deals with an extramarital

affair doesn’t automatically make it a makjang. But in a case where the

husband has an affair with his wife’s friend, tries to force his wife to

have an abortion despite her refusal to do so, and then eventually

watches as his wife drowns in a boating accident that he caused, well,

this comes awfully close to being safely classified a makjang (a scene

from Temptation of a Wife).

Since “makjang” is not an official word,

it’s difficult to say what would be the correct or incorrect usage of

the word. But as commonly used, makjang can be used as a noun to refer

to the classification/genre of dramas that play up their “makjang

elements”, or as an adjective that describes the characteristics of such

elements.Source: http://belectricground.com/2011/04/11/korean-language-and-culture-series-makjang/

I get it reminds me of nice guy ,yawang the drama I am currently watching and some if not all aspects of city hunter

Guest wisteria7

dee_dina said: hi all..i too am a big fan of minho like u all..wow 28 pages are already covered and its been just two days that the news broke out..i am glad he chose a good drama..hope it breaks all the records of rating..